It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverApologize

South Korea WAS ATTACKED and we didn't respond.

Where's your book now? You must have been reading the wrong ones. Here's a list of the right ones:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeverApologize
reply to post by 1FutureMarine1

Your darn right Sir. I am so sick and tired of the mindless armchair geniuses here on this site. A little common sense goes a long way. We are only appearing weak because of the Bonehead we have as our head piece. Obama. Bush, Reagan, or dare I say it, Clinton would be doing something. SMASH, these pests once and for all. China knows better. They will find an American behind every blade of grass, every ditch, and every corner with a gun!

Bring it. Don't sing it Commies!

You got some reading to do boy. Start with what the Marines say about North Korea.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by HattoriHanzou

Well since you fail to read the other posts, I guess I have to repeat myself once more. I never said I was okay with this action, If it were my choice, I would have all the troops back home from everywhere. But I am simply stating that due to the certain circumstances of our troops being there, yes they have to respond. I will mention again, it is due to our certain circumstances. Cir-cum-stan-ces.

And by you referring that I have no understanding of the situation, which means you do? Then please tell me, since our soldiers are there, if they happened to be killed through this charade, America would simply have to ignore this and not worry with a response?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Your the one claiming we managed to kill north korean citizens and it wasn't north koreas fault, nope it was ours.
Golly, get back on topic and stop spouting you pro communist, anti american, pro holy war comments. No one, I repeat no one wants to have to filter through you comments on a south korean and north korean problem and not a US vs china.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Pakistan has two faces.

One anti-US face which is under cover, hence the ISI, and its armed wing, hence the Pakistani militants.

One Pro-US face which is in the open, hence the government, and its armed wing, hence the Pakistani military.

This is not that hard to decipher, but people think it is.

Pakistan obvious is gonna play a double face game against the might of US, they did the same against USSR.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyrebelyell2004
I think some just under estimate the capability of the united states. So we may not have the biggest army in the world. But what we do have is:

1. One of the highest skilled military, if not the highest of all [very high accuracy of each shot fired].
2. "Spec Ops & Black Op" teams as well as the inside CIA agents for inside information of current activities.
3. The highest defense budget of the entire world.
4. NATO[Of which united states is a major part of]
5. Nuclear capability stronger than any other nation. [North Korea fires 1 nuke? In return they will be hit by 20 if necessary]
6. And as we all know, the U.S. has many, many advanced things that only a few people know about.

This is pure opinion with relevant facts to support each claim that can be found simply by doing a google search.

I think you need to read this post: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Which includes a mound of analysis straight from the mouth of the Marines, as well as other commentary.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

The ROK-South Korea is a preparing one of the most massive military preemptive strikes in the history of modern warfare. They intend to destroy the huge array of artillery and rocket placements within 50km of the border. In will be a very dangerous move on their part, but if the ROK avoids directly targeting the leadership regime in the North the hope is that North Korea will back down and not escalate the conflict into a full blown war. The 500 or more South Korean combat aircraft would have to fly into one of the most heavily armed air spaces in the world.

______beforeitsnews/story/278/365/South_Korea_Preparing_Massive_Preemptive_strike.html

And for those people who claim to leave this thread for news only, please stop being a lazy F head and do your own work and post some news.

This is to discuss the news, and will be done accordingly.
edit on 23-11-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeverApologize
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Spend two minutes in the sandbox and get back to me.
See if your views change any.

Yes. I was in the sandbox. THREE TIMES. Get back at me once you have a pot to piss in.

Being a ground pounder is admirable but in no way qualifies you for strategic decisions, unless of course you read something like the documents linked here:

And if you did you'd change your tune. I mean GO AMERICA! RAH RAH FOOTBALL!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
That is how US destabilizes nations around the world, by supporting extremists in the country to stir trouble, then hope those extremists would keep supporting the US till the end.

spot on brother,
looks like u got the CIA directives
down pat.

There is a computer game called
"Superpower" for the PC.
If you've never played it, I suggest
you do. It will show you just exactly
how the covert operatives work
in countries to destabilize it.
And it requires a lot of money.
A lot of the US Black Ops Budget
is spent on operations such as these.

Crashing the US Dollar will be the best
attack on world terrorism. As you take
away their biggest weapon to operate.

link   

Originally posted by anglodemonicmatrix
reply to post by NeverApologize

Well I think its about time you use those stealth bombers on his nuclear power and centrifuge plants,these have been developed purely with the intention of creating a nuclear arsenal,what North Korea has not got yet is sophisticated rocketry to deliver warheads accurately or that can hit the US yet but Im sure they're working on it so you might want to take out their rocket factories also.

All this would do is ensure the death of millions of South Korean civilians. Or not, but it's about a 50/50 chance and an awful risk to call NK's bluff.

link   
reply to post by oozyism

lol sensational...

Only a moron would announce an attack, to the world. I didn't hear north Korea, say hey we are about to shoot!!!

that sight is bs.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by nonnez
What really should be happening here is a bombardment of the installations that precipitated the attack; all those installations should have, in normal circumstances, been completely and utterly destroyed. The North would then have a realistic expectation of the outcome of this behavior when considering future provocative actions. We should not treat them like a spoiled child of inept parents and simply say bad Kimmy ... bad! I realize, believe me, the implications of punishing this childish behavior but can we really afford to let this spoiled child attain .44 Mag in place of his cap-gun.

This sort of response carries a risk of flat out total war. That's why they are not reacting as you suggest.

Time for some homework: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

Last I checked S-Korea told N-Korea exactly where it would attack regarding another provocation lol...

Ask S-Korea, not me, or the site.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Are you really going to post that so many times just to get your post count up? I've read it, I know all about it, As I even mentioned in this post, since you cannot read once again! Gah you are starting to become really annoying.

I am saying that we could win an all out war, due to the publicity of every single war, America has to take very sensitive measures. We can't just go to afghan and those other places and say yee haw, lets blow this place up and be done with it. We would make more enemies. Those wars was lost before they even started because it was a rouge group with disinformation scattered everywhere. I was saying if a war due to nuclear concerns, as I even mentioned. If North Korea fired a nuke, the place would be nothing but ashes minutes later.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

erm ya, but Hence that preemptive thingy... This is stupid..

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

if this is real and Sk really does go through with it they are stupid. they just gave NK what they wanted. an excuse to pull the chain and wipe Seoul off the map. and restart the war.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76
reply to post by oozyism

erm ya, but Hence that preemptive thingy... This is stupid..

S-Korea already said where they would attack, go read the news.

They said they would attack the artillery launchers across the border and destroy them.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2007
reply to post by oozyism

if this is real and Sk really does go through with it they are stupid. they just gave NK what they wanted. an excuse to pull the chain and wipe Seoul off the map. and restart the war.

What other options does South Korea have?

It is either a peace treaty, which US objects to, or war, which US objects to also.

They want tensions in that region for ever it seems.

Get it over with, or sign a peace treaty.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Declines in South Korean stocks after an artillery attack by North Korea offer a “huge” opportunity to buy equities in a cheap market, according to Societe Generale.

The Kospi Index fell 0.5 percent to 1,918.87 as of 1 p.m. in Seoul, having slumped as much as 2.4 percent earlier. The Bank of New York Mellon Korea Index sank 4.2 percent in U.S. trading yesterday. Stocks in the Kospi trade at an average 9.6 times estimates for next year’s profit, the third-lowest valuation in Asia after Pakistan and Vietnam, data compiled by Bloomberg show.

“Shut your eyes and buy this sell-off,” analysts led by Todd Martin, Societe Generale’s Asia equity strategist, wrote in a report dated today.

www.bloomberg.com...

Start buying boys.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76

dude you are so singing to the choir..

These guys are bots or something.. In lala land.. Or inexperienced and uneducated people..

I can assure you the pages will go on and the argument over guesses will continue..

I am quite convinced that at least some are Info-warriors from the 4th Psychological Operations Unit at Fort Bragg. The rest are just dumb kids who played too much Ghost recon and watched too many Steven Segal movies.

It's hard to believe the level of ignorance and the fake patriotism here is overwhelming. A real patriot would be interested in objectively assessing the capabilities of the adversary, before recommending action. Fake fairweather patriotism is all too common these days, and most people don't know the fake from the real. Being raised by a television instead of by thinking people will do that to a brain.

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join