It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To China and the world - We do NOT apologize

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Golly gee.
Thanks for all that information about my own country!

I never, ever would have figured any of that out on my own, because I'm just a fat lazy stupid American who likes to watch WWF wrestling and Fox News, and eat McDonald's.

I do believe one of us here has been drinking the Kool-aid, be it from the media, the internet (gasp...ATS..the pinnacle of savvy), or "blogs", and piecing together an amalgamation of American current-events/culture.

First you try to shame me for being patriotic, then you try to tell me to rewrite my constitution, and you never once addressed my claim of the theft of my fellow countryman's intellectual property by the Red Chinese.

OK chuckle-head...

"It is easier to criticize than to do better"
-Swiss proverb

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by The Juice

What intellectual property exactly did the Chinese steal? I hope you're not talking about cars and technology, because all that is regulated by patents.

And I never claimed YOU were a lazy fat FOX/wrestling watching American. I don't know you, I was merely commenting on this whole silly anti-China propaganda.

The US always promoted globalization. Well, there you have it. Globalization means there's gonna be more competition, which ultimately is good for the consumer. But it also means that if one party (China) is able to be more effective at production than another (US), the second one will make less $$$. It's common business sense. If you don't like that, you're against free markets and globalization...which doesn't matter much because no one can really stop it now.
edit on 19-11-2010 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Just because the chinese produce items which US corporations or citizens have patented doesn't mean they're stealing intellectual property.

The truth is, American corporations steal said intellectual property and then outsource it's production to China.

They aren't evil red commies stealing from us, they're hired by us.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I wasn't aware China had much respect for intellectual property rights. I believe it's a law in China if a foreign company operates withing its borders they have to share all their trade secrets.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
reply to post by MrXYZ

I wasn't aware China had much respect for intellectual property rights. I believe it's a law in China if a foreign company operates withing its borders they have to share all their trade secrets.

And you believe so wrongly. Do you really think Microsoft would trade all its secrets just to do business in China?

It's rumours like this that fuel this unjust anger against China!

You can attack China for a lot, like human rights...but trying to do it from an economical standpoint like that makes you look silly.
edit on 19-11-2010 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

sigh...

from Wikipedia:

"Common types of intellectual property include copyrights, trademarks, patents, industrial design rights and trade secrets in some jurisdictions."
Bold emphasis mine.

I'm done...not even gonna read your obligatory response about how Wikipedia is not an acceptable source...

here
here
here
The nail in the coffin: Bloomberg.com (Micheal Bloomberg's company)
edit on 19-11-2010 by The Juice because: Just stay nuetral and keep making delicious chocolates

edit on 19-11-2010 by The Juice because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by The Juice

So which patents did they steal illegally?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Best post on this topic so far... very well written and didnt sound like a rant to me at all, thank you.

I was about to write something like this, espacially regarding the points 5) and 6).

Im from Germany and my family has every reason to be gratefull for the US liberating my country from the Nazis back in ww2...

It would be a shame to see the United States turn into something they once opposed.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

it is well know that all thru history China has been really good at reverse engineering every idea from other nations, this is what you get when you do not have a nation of free thinkers... take the AK47 for example that's where you get the SKS from... it's no secret they are copycats.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
America is a great nation but the US government is corrupt and does not think beyond power and money. The US government never ask the people `should we go to war with such and such`? They just attack putting every innocent American life in danger. I for one wish the US would stop harassing other countries and focuses on its own. They want a war against terrorism but do nothing about the illegal Mexican drug cartels here or try to eradicate all the cockroach gang members in city's that terrorize the pore citizens around them. No I don't think there should be any apologies but I do think all the corrupt members in the US congress and all the top secret puppet masters should stop what there doing and let America be what are forefathers had intended it to be. But that's just me, I know there's people out there that think the US government is doing everything they can for the citizens best interest and if they want to believe that that's fine. There has to be people out there like that. If there wasn't people out there worshiping rich old corrupt politics then the people would have taken back America a long time ago and the world would we perfect by now and not very interesting..... GOD bless America & God have mercy on the United States

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

Besides if they bomb us we will nuke them.
Hahahaha! I love how a small majority of the American answers for some sort of war is `Ooh yeah? We`ll just NuKeM darn tootn. Yeee Hawwww!` Killem all... Absolutely no regards for all the innocent lives a nuke will take. Hey why don't America just NUKE all other countries so they never have anything to worry about ever ever again. NUKEM UP AND SPIT EM OUT!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

Reverse engineering isn't something illegal. In business it happens all the time. Imagine the first guy to invent the wheel would have tried to prevent everyone else building wheels...do you think he would ever had a chance?

In the end, money runs the world...and in business you either adapt or die. Lately the US has been falling a bit behind when it comes to adapting to a changing economic environment...or more like some other nations made some significant improvements lately.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Wowsers

And....Then your family knows firsthand the oppression communism has brought your country. Its sad that some are here cause they think we should say sorry to China. For what? So now we should appologize to whole world for Successfuly deflecting there missile from hitting us in the mouths. I say next time we send China a nice new advanced ICBM and see how many chinese appologize.

Have you been reading my posts? My wife knows that China has problems, but she also knows the lies and BS that is being said on this thread to make themselves feel better. Also, i lived and travelled China, and while i saw some really poor places, and know about the human rights that is bad in the country.

The last sentence you wrote says a hell of alot about you! I don't condem any country bombing another country and killing inncoent lives, just because their governmet are idiots. Your backward thinking is annoying!

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
we're on a mission...to spread peace and democracy so that every man and woman may be allotted the freedoms and the opportunity that all free men/women have had here in America. For over 200 years we have been the envy of nations and we are used to the naysayers. It is nothing new that the English language is spoken across the entire planet and there is nothing stopping the most efficient language from taking hold anywhere so may the best one win.

Haven't you heard... it's a battle of words !

edit on 18-11-2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

Lol it sounds like you think America invented the English language lol

Mandarin is the most popular language in the world by the way

1. Mandarin Chinese - 882 million
2. Spanish - 325 million
3. English - 312-380 million
4. Arabic - 206-422 million
5. Hindi - 181 million

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
reply to post by Jay-morris

I agree, a lot of Americans have forgotten what the British did. Personally, I'd like to thank all your veterans for all their wonderful brave service. We could not have done it without you guys. Thank them please.

We could not have done it without the help of all the countries in that horrible war.. We all had a major part to play in ww2 war. Im not a love of war, but few wars have to be thought, and ww2 was one of them

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Juice
Agreed.
Thank you for refusing to apologize to a country that steals our intellectual property and sells it back to us manufactured out of cheap materials.
We owe China nothing...Especially not an apology.
They owe us for dragging them out of the muck.
When did China become a superpower? Why, right after we opened trade relations with them and started buying their cheap trinkets passed off as consumer goods...the manufacturing techniques of which were pirated from us.

China=Fail

They may have copied everything from the USA, including our military hardware, but they certainly missed some secrets, and if they ever try to cause trouble they're gonna get a nice little surprise courtesy of 60+ years of black-budget technology.

Next up, some silly kook is gonna try to apologize to Hitler
Good lord, guess who's gonna be the first person tried for treason if we ever go to war with those bastards?
Most likely, the creator of that other thread...

Again! why the hell do some of you people think a war with China will be a walk in the park! Are you that delusional that you think America is untouchable? If China went to war with America, it will turn into a world war, and a war to end all wars.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Dear Ripcontrol,
Sadly, you're one of the people I referred to in my ealier post. As I stated there, I shall state again.

There is nothing wrong with being patriotic. Nothing at all. But statements like without the US of A you (you refer to us lesser Europeans) would be German is nonsense. It's inflammatory, it's derogatory, it's racist, it's arrogant, it's factually untrue, narrow minded, borish and altogether unecessary.

Please educate yourself on the number of non Americans involved in WW2. The countries and people involved, the suffering those countries had to go through until the Allied, yes that is Allied, forces delivered Europe from the Nazi regime. Without the US of A it would have taken longer, but it would not have been impossible. For a start the Russians, yes just the little Russians all on their own, took back more land than all the Allied forces together in quicker time. Oh my.. so without the Russians .. well you get the point, or sadly you probably don't.

Please try and open your mind. Be American, you obviously love being American, but don't make statements like those. Statements like you made are the reason your country and people are stereotyped.

You have nothing but my utmost disgust Sir.

Regards,
T

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
reply to post by Wowsers

And....Then your family knows firsthand the oppression communism has brought your country. Its sad that some are here cause they think we should say sorry to China. For what? So now we should appologize to whole world for Successfuly deflecting there missile from hitting us in the mouths. I say next time we send China a nice new advanced ICBM and see how many chinese appologize.

Have you been reading my posts? My wife knows that China has problems, but she also knows the lies and BS that is being said on this thread to make themselves feel better. Also, i lived and travelled China, and while i saw some really poor places, and know about the human rights that is bad in the country.

The last sentence you wrote says a hell of alot about you! I don't condem any country bombing another country and killing inncoent lives, just because their governmet are idiots. Your backward thinking is annoying!

Backward thinking? I was merely making a point that the Chinese would not apologize for successfuly deflecting a US missile. Your a moron and you dont know me so dont tell me who I am. I dont care if youve been to China, but next time tell them we may send something back there way if they want to play this game. Which I doubt.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wowsers

Originally posted by Jay-morris
reply to post by Wowsers

Backward thinking? I was merely making a point that the Chinese would not apologize for successfuly deflecting a US missile. Your a moron and you dont know me so dont tell me who I am. I dont care if youve been to China, but next time tell them we may send something back there way if they want to play this game. Which I doubt.

Yes, backward thinking! The thing that you don't seem to understand is China is not asking for an apology. This statement came from a single american person on this site, and now suddenly, some of you people have it in your small heads that China wants an apology.

Yes, i don't know you, but from your posts, its easy to figure out what you are like, and the sad fact is, there is too many people like you in this world, and one of the reasons why we will never get along.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
""The USA is a special nation for us always upholding our liberty, constitution, and freedom.""

You can drink booze at 18 in China.
You have to be 21 to drink booze in America.

Who's free'r?

In America our news is corporate/CIA controlled and doesn't really tell us the truth. Hence why Americans quit buying newspapers and they are begging for a Federal bail out just to exist.

Our Internet is edited just like China's and our Congress just created powers for our President to shut it completely down, or single out websites to shut down. We are no free'r than the Chinese.

In fact they have more freedom than we do now. The US Marines are being moved from Okinawa to Guam. For some reason the Federal Government was blocking the US Marine Corps Okinawa website from the people of Guam. They didn't want the people of Guam seeing all the bad things going on up there with the Marines and their kids doing crime. After it was tweeted and everyone became aware the Federal Govt. was blocking that website from Guam.....they stopped blocking it. Our leaders/illuminati are mad as heck at the internet and that people can get access to whats really going on in the world.

This is a freedom we've lost. And hence aren't any free'r than the Chinese. They are more free than us. They can drink booze at 18.

"""The USA has given China little to no reason to bomb us."""

You have no idea why the Chinese military commanders say they want to nuke US cities. We've done great evil to them. There was an interesting show on the History Channel today about Samurai's and Japan's history. Japan had a civil war and closed their country from the world, executed all foreigners. The US Navy rolled in and said Japan will open up to trade or be bombed. Then Japan had to modernize quickly to face this threat. Then we turned around and nuked them!! ha ha ha! Eisenhower closed America to Japan and quit exporting Oil to them BEFORE World War II. So the Japanese told America to open up to trade with them...or be bombed. Just as we had told them years earlier. We refused to sell them oil so they took Guam, THEN bombed Pearl Harbor.

My how we stabbed them in the back and they used our tactic against us.

Will China be wise enough to counter our efforts to rob them? Japan is mad at us for what we did to them. Their military is telling the young generation what we did to stab them in the back. There may be a reason why Japan is forcing our military out of their country. Maybe they will side with China. We've not been a good friend to our friends. Our Government is not even a good friend to it's own citizens. If the American people were given the choice of having Putin or Congress rule us.....I think we'd give Putin a chance to run us. He couldn't do any worse than our Congress.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join