It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To China and the world - We do NOT apologize

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

oh yes,

my wifes relatives speak shanghinese, the older ones, plus can understand many dialects.

same with the phillipines, hundreds of dialects.

but mandarin is official language, xia xia!

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
HAVE YOU forgot that we owe them several trillion dollars....this isnt a political issue. It's a "give me my money or we're gonna kill you" issue.

You don't have to apologize, just give them their damn money so we don't have to lose American soldiers lives over a misallocated funds by the US Government

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
the above posters wife mine as well be a representation of the handful in billion... It is not about the money, China wants what the USA has and that is and ideology, an ideology which has united it's people... The Chinese people want this also as that is quite obvious. The Chinese have had 5000 years to build a nation like we have in a short 200+ years. China will never be a dominant force for Ideology in the world because their governments values are screwed... think about it why has it been only in the last 50 years really that most of this development has taken place ? China will never unify until their language and common ideology does, the common ideology of man is freedom so they have a long way to go. It will be hundreds of years and only under certain circumstances when I fear China as a world ideology. Americas unification has taken it to the moon and beyond years before China's even showing up on most nations radar, and that is just to name one of many great things that have been spawned from American Ideology of freedom and unification.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
It all matters not! After being programmed with Victoria''s Secrets commercials followed by Bud light commercials all while waiting for Dancing with The Stars to return.....Who's arse are we collectively gonna whip anyways?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Zippidee

it is broader than that, and as we've heard... the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. This is how American ideology with its limited population compared to the rest of the opposing ideologies out there have managed to scare the bejebus out of them. What we represent to their powers that be is destruction to their caste way of life.

I know its a fine line but please do not confuse entertainment with Ideology.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

Originally posted by Jay-morris You going to answer my question?

Are you going to answer my question now ? (which type of Mandarin would you be referring to?)

yes I thought so... run now and return with an educated and informed opinion after you do some reading

Sorry, some people do have a life, and sometimes have to leave the computer
Funny thing is this, i am now sitting here with my wife, who happens to be Chinese, and see finds it quite funny what you are saying.
She said there is only one type of mandarin. She has asked me to ask you what other "mandarin" types are you talking about. Yes, there are certain words that are different, but at the end of the daya, Madarin is Mandarin.

Put is this way. I live in England. You can go to different places (esp up north) and you will hear all types of English words that have been Changed, but we still know what they are talking about, and the same is with Mandarin.

Ok, let me put it another way. I am currently learning Mandirin with rosetta stone. Now, when i got the software online, i was not asked what time of Mandarin i wanted to learn. Mandarin version 1, 2, 3, 4 and so on.Do you see what i am getting at?

Also, i would like to add that Madarin is spoken in Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mongolia, Philippines, Singapore, South Africa, Taiwan, and Thailand, which are outside China
And now with many western schools teaching Madarin, it will only get more popular
edit on 19-11-2010 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Im sorry. You said you kicked our butts, which is very far from the truth. Go read up on history

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Aiyahhhhhhhh

Second line: Aiyaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Third line: Aiyahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

English takes aspects from every language on the planet..

Every single post you make gives us the impression you are wrapping in the US flag while singing "we are the champions"...but if you make ridiculous statements like above it just shows the lack of the US education system.

English does NOT take aspects from every language. Arabic is completely different, it has not a single component of any Asian language, Middle and South Americans speak Spanish or Portugese which is also very different.

It's the international language of business and science, and no one's denying that. But saying "everyone must speak English or will speak it" is hogwash. Have you ever worked abroad? Have you read job requirements in Asia for example? They want you to speak Mandarin or Cantonese. I know, because I applied for jobs in Hong Kong.

Seriously dude, get off your high horse

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by cloudbreak

And that sums up my take on the OP's faux-patriotism too (without having read the entire thread).

Sounds like a French-douche rather than someone with a pulse on global politics. What's the bet OP has been cocooned in the US, subject to propaganda, and has never stepped foot on Chinese soil?

I'd say the guy has never been close to Chinese soil, and opened his eyes to reality, let alone left his home town. Oh well.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Most populous language learned as a second language.
Mandarin 178 million
English 850 million

Most popular language spoken in the world?
Mandarin 855 million + 178 million = 1,050 million
English 341 million + 850 million = 1,500 million

Wow, 3rd. Now, thats not bad is it. Just think what it will be in say 10/20 years as China becomes more popular. Like i said, they have already started teaching mandarin in schools in the UK.

Interesting numbers.

How do you figure?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloudbreak
reply to post by cloudbreak

And that sums up my take on the OP's faux-patriotism too (without having read the entire thread).

Sounds like a French-douche rather than someone with a pulse on global politics. What's the bet OP has been cocooned in the US, subject to propaganda, and has never stepped foot on Chinese soil?

I'd say the guy has never been close to Chinese soil, and opened his eyes to reality, let alone left his home town. Oh well.

What do you expect if people vote for people like Palin or O'Donnell? I mean, Palin never even left the country until she started running for VP, she didn't even have a passport!!

Yet some idiots believe she's the right person to represent the US and work on foreign policy. It's INSANITY!

And why do they do it? Simple really. All it takes are some religious slogans, and dumbing it down to "less taxes" and "evil entercountryofchoice". Unite the people through religion, make them scared/angry/worried about a "common enemy", and spice it up with a bit of "less taxes" speech even though you increase spending and it's clear you can't always have taxes as low.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Zippidee

it is broader than that, and as we've heard... the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. This is how American ideology with its limited population compared to the rest of the opposing ideologies out there have managed to scare the bejebus out of them. What we represent to their powers that be is destruction to their caste way of life.

I know its a fine line but please do not confuse entertainment with Ideology.

I'm not confusing anything. This is a classic case of "build them up to tear them down" and we will all be the wiser for getting a grasp on that. I see both sides of the coin in that it is perfectly acceptable to hold national pride in such high regard. Why should I have to apologize for anything, especially to a communistic country he11 bent on supressing its own people. At the same time, I understand wanting to get the message out that the ideaology that the U.S. Govrnment is trying to force on other countries is not my own or not necessrily that of other U.S. citizens. However this game has only one winner and the common folk of either this country or China's are not figured into the outcome.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Most populous language learned as a second language.
Mandarin 178 million
English 850 million

Most popular language spoken in the world?
Mandarin 855 million + 178 million = 1,050 million
English 341 million + 850 million = 1,500 million

Wow, 3rd. Now, thats not bad is it. Just think what it will be in say 10/20 years as China becomes more popular. Like i said, they have already started teaching mandarin in schools in the UK.

Interesting numbers.

How do you figure?

Link

Plenty more information on the net about this.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I think you are confusing "American" with globally accepted "English".

Americans speak a different version based originally on the Queens English. American version of English now includes and not limited to words and phrases in Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese etc. This shouldn't surprise anybody when you stop to consider the fact that our population is made up of mostly immigrants from all over the world and the other fact that US soldiers and sailors have been deployed AGAIN all over the world.
edit on 19-11-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Your source.

What is the most populous language of the world? Mandarin Chinese, right? Well, no. It depends how you define popular. Is it the most understood language?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Your source.

What is the most populous language of the world? Mandarin Chinese, right? Well, no. It depends how you define popular. Is it the most understood language?

I said it was the most spoken language in the world, and it is by a mile. That link was to prove that Madarin is getting more popular outside of China. Obviously not the most popular outside it's country, but i think some people would b suprised just how popular its getting, Like i said, when i was in high school about 18 years ago, the languages we were learning was French and Spanish. Now alot of schools are teaching Mandarin.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

The figures are right but your interpretation is WRONG. Of course there are going to be more people "IN CHINA" [1.2 to 1.6 Billion people] depending on where you get your figures speaking Mandarin.

Scroll to the right-->

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

The figures are right but your interpretation is WRONG. Of course there are going to be more people "IN CHINA" [1.2 to 1.6 Billion people] depending on where you get your figures speaking Mandarin.

Scroll to the right-->

How is interpretation wrong? I mean, i can't see how my interpretation is wrong. I have stated that Mandarin is is the most popular language in the world, which it is. I know its not the most popular language to learn for non Chinese people. At the moment thats pretty obvious. All i am saying is that Mandarin is becoming more and more popular, and stats show.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

You got people in this thread , calling for the destruction of America , and I get a warning for a post that was directed at no one personally , but was rather a generalization .

Now THAT's rich !

Guess I should just mind my manners and kiss a little butt and APOLOGIZE TO CHINA .

Guess what , GO AHEAD AND BAN ME RIGHT NOW . I WILL NOT APOLOGIZE TO ANYONE .

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join