It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To China and the world - We do NOT apologize

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
you can easily upload video of police beating and sicking dogs on black protesters in the south and load of other videos of state brutality in the united states.

40 YEARS ago.....

When people start pulling things out like this to justify something it starts to get into circular logic and nobody wins.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by furono
reply to post by Sover3igN

Did you stop to think before you laughed that your missing the one huge difference between the two countries? You can pretty much say or post whatever you want about the government or what they don't like here or anywhere. China won't let you do that nor let you even go on something like Facebook. The big jump we have on every other country is freedom (Yes the government want's to take it away at every chance but at least we started with it!)

The USA isn't beyond evil but It's like everything these day's we just have to pick the lesser of the evils.

Good points, but why not pick no evil?
Regards, I Winder

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by furono

Originally posted by randomname
you can easily upload video of police beating and sicking dogs on black protesters in the south and load of other videos of state brutality in the united states.

40 YEARS ago.....

When people start pulling things out like this to justify something it starts to get into circular logic and nobody wins.

History has a funny way of repeating itself and therefor should not be forgotten nor dismissed as nonsense or as you say "circular logic" well actually every body wins when history is recorded for all to see and to never forget.

Regards, I Winder

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Excellent post OP!

THAT'S MORE LIKE IT!

Hopefully those brainwashed sheep who think they need to bow down to dictators and tyrants will wake up soon.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Seriously there will come a time when the entire world, Asia, Europe, South America, Africa, The Pacific or the very least the People of those regions will have enough of America and its utter Bull#, a couple of years ago it was Al Queda, before that it was Sadam, before that it was Osa Bin Laden, before that it was Col Gadaffi, before that it was thr Commies now its #ing China, why because your #ing country was run into the ground by a bunch of unethical retards whilst all of you are asleep at the #ing wheel. China is not at fault, the chinese people are not at fault, you are, you voted these pricks in year after year, you live in the country were people like Sarah Palin is the voice of the nation ... Your Entire Country and all it stands for has become one big Saturday Night Live Sketch why ? because of Greed of the extremely wealthy ... True Power does not have any alligence to any flag, religion or creed, they use those tools against the little people, you and Americans have truly become the little people of the western world.

But Seriously now enough is enough, educate yourself on your own Countries Foriegn Policies ... most of it can be tied to corporate greed which is spun as some kind of Moral Crusade, its all bull# ... there is no them us, no blue and red, no Libtards and Halks ... its just them and us and us are all over the planet ... People of the world would stand behind Americans if they just would focus there anger on the right people for once ... Sweet Jesus Please #ing Wake up ..

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicey
Seriously there will come a time when the entire world, Asia, Europe, South America, Africa, The Pacific or the very least the People of those regions will have enough of America and its utter Bull#, a couple of years ago it was Al Queda, before that it was Sadam, before that it was Osa Bin Laden, before that it was Col Gadaffi, before that it was thr Commies now its #ing China, why because your #ing country was run into the ground by a bunch of unethical retards whilst all of you are asleep at the #ing wheel. China is not at fault, the chinese people are not at fault, you are, you voted these pricks in year after year, you live in the country were people like Sarah Palin is the voice of the nation ... Your Entire Country and all it stands for has become one big Saturday Night Live Sketch why ? because of Greed of the extremely wealthy ... True Power does not have any alligence to any flag, religion or creed, they use those tools against the little people, you and Americans have truly become the little people of the western world.

But Seriously now enough is enough, educate yourself on your own Countries Foriegn Policies ... most of it can be tied to corporate greed which is spun as some kind of Moral Crusade, its all bull# ... there is no them us, no blue and red, no Libtards and Halks ... its just them and us and us are all over the planet ... People of the world would stand behind Americans if they just would focus there anger on the right people for once ... Sweet Jesus Please #ing Wake up ..

Bang on the money!
Regards, I Winder

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I like this quote, which is not in response to the OP, just something to ponder, as we enter the age of a "global village"..

Nationalism is our form of incest, is our idolatry, is our insanity. Patriotism is its cult. It should hardly be necessary to say, that by patriotism I mean that attitude which puts the own nation above humanity, above the principles of truth and justice; not the loving interest in one's own nation, which is the concern with the nation's spiritual as much as with its material welfare --never with its power over other nations.
Just as love for one individual which excludes the love for others is not love, love for one's country which is not part of one's love for humanity is not love, but idolatrous worship.

~ Erich Fromm, American Psychologist

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicey

That Sarah Palin is considering a run for the office of the POTUS speaks VOLUMES about the current state of affairs, which to the world looks like a fricken CIRCUS.

If only we could mount a new movement which would boycott TV and the whole system perpetuated by the MSM in all it's forms. Now THAT would really F "them" up in a big way.

Give it an acronym like AWAKEN or something like that.

Surely the USA cannot be charcterized by a bunch of mindless fat slobs lined up at an all you can eat buffet with one eye on a TV somewhere..?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
we're on a mission...to spread peace and democracy so that every man and woman may be allotted the freedoms and the opportunity that all free men/women have had here in America. For over 200 years we have been the envy of nations and we are used to the naysayers. It is nothing new that the English language is spoken across the entire planet and there is nothing stopping the most efficient language from taking hold anywhere so may the best one win.

Haven't you heard... it's a battle of words !

edit on 18-11-2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Once again not my fault my governemnt does evil and it's not my fault the worlds governments accepts it in exchange for money.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by peter_kandra

Speaking against the government isn't treason. Unless you want to bring back the unlawful Alien and Sedition Acts. So in order to be guilty of treason, you must have a trial. And trials occur through the course of due process.

He/She [The treasonous person] is an American Citizen, and has not been directly linked to any terrorist activities. He has merely been associated with people thought to be engaged in terrorist activities. I understand the MSM can distort your perception of reality.

If the government believes they have more than hearsay to convict someone of treason, then they should hold a trial at minimal. At best capture said person to allow them to properly defend themselves, but should they resist with deadly force then I agree they may face death in the circumstance.

But to say someone is guilty of treason on hearsay and somehow think you are in the right is silly.

But back on topic.

I still apologize to China.

The simple truth is that we pretend to be so high and mighty as if we have no faults. And should we even admit we have faults we somehow try to convince ourselves that our faults aren't as great as some other nation. When in reality our faults may not be identical though in some cases similar, they still carry as much weight just in another way.

For instance, we claim our economic system is far superior, allowing more citizens to rise above the "poverty line" and have a "better standard of living" than other nations. What's the real cost? Actually compare how that one factor causes a divergence in the way our societies live. Look at all the technology around you, instant communication, real-time video even HD on your tv, computer, cellphone, mobile devices. The ability to share every thought you have in an instant with the world. But I truly believe because of that, we digitally separate ourselves, we loss track of what's important. It's always about what's next.

Everyone's always looking to the future to make things better, when we have the capacity to right now. And that's no stretch of the imagination. And no nation has done it, we all fall prey to the worst political messages being forced down our throats in one way or another.

But at least China actually knows what a community is more than we do. Our communities are nothing but complex social clicks. We don't identify as a region, just who we agree with. We stop caring about our surroundings, and only who surrounds it. So I think they're richer than America in that aspect, despite the rhetoric "patriots" may hit me with. But if you're going to blatantly state "America is number one" without so much as even questioning the reality beyond the surface is lazy.

The reality is China is no worse or no better. We're the same, we just diverge on certain issues. But when you get down to it, both are filled with people just like you and I. Oppressed by the government and those in power, just trying to get by.

And you can continue to say ridiculous things like "if you don't like it, leave". And I'll continue to say if you don't like it, change it. Stop being lazy.
edit on 18-11-2010 by mryanbrown because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by SaturnFX

I'm sorry, I must have missed the part where I am supposed to care about your opinion of me?

Many, many people over the world roll their eyes at American grandstanding. I am simply putting it into text.

Ahh, use "many people over the world" to dictate your actions...fair enough

-rolls eyes-...and not even boldly

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
This thread has taught me a bit about myself...mostly by my starring. I find myself starring both patriotic and realistic threads...sucks to have pride without having illusions of greatness in a thread dedicated to basically black and white. heh

in this subject, I think my stand is simple...things are alright here...we need to make it better ourselves...anyone whom demands America is great is a idiot...anyone whom states America is evil or stupid is also a idiot

This thread, and the thread that this is a response to are both useless nonsense ultimately..I can see the reactionary decision to make this thread...but frankly, if I do not see an pro or anti american or china thread for the next 20 years, I will find my life a little bit more intelligent. I hate nationalism threads, hate when I participate in them either way, and typically hate nationalists...have pride, not delusions..and thats all that ever needs to be said about anyones home country, be it the states, brazil, uk, france, or china.

*unless your amsterdam...they got reason to stand on top and claim they are the most free*

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

I agree, a lot of Americans have forgotten what the British did. Personally, I'd like to thank all your veterans for all their wonderful brave service. We could not have done it without you guys. Thank them please.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

The other post was bang on target. You seem to have missed the point. The apologies are directed to the people of China of course. If you are so enraged by the brutality of chinese government why don't you understand the fact that US has every product made from that same country and help the same communist government sustain. See the huge trade deficit run by the US with the most oppressive undemocratic communist government.
Fact is capitalism needs such sweat shops to do cheap dirty work for them to maintain their profits. You cannot maintain such cheap labor in a democracy but only through the dictatorship.
If the US can go all out war against Iraq and call it a fight for democracy, people of the world can only laugh. What stops US from intervening and establishing democracy in China. If you can promise democracy, the chinese people will definitely side with US. Why doesn't the US try when 1 billion people are living as bonded labor ? The reason is they are the bonded labor for the whole western capitalist establisment. Now Americans and other western nationals are born into this system. You cannot be blamed for this directly of course.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
So a member (whom shall remain nameless) creates a thread apologizing to an oppressive, tyrannical, totalitarian, mass murdering, dictatorial nation on behalf of a country and a people who love, defend, and celebrate liberty. No sir we darn sure do not apologize to China!

Have you forgotten about Tiananmen Square event?

Have you forgotten that they force limitations on the number of children a woman can have?

Have you forgotten about the oppression, torture, and brutality against the Tibetan people?

I will not apologize to China for one thing that the United States of America does. We have made mistakes in our path such as torture, suppression of equal rights, placed ethnic groups in camps, and torture terrorists. We are not and never have been a perfect nation but what has made the USA so special is that we find an answer to all of these crimes and we solve them without mass violence or martial law or following some leader to our deaths.

The USA is a special nation for us always upholding our liberty, constitution, and freedom. People from across the world and even some here do not understand why Americans are so different. With ever adversity we are faced with we respond with force that is rooted in justice and backed by moral courage.

The United States is great and it does not need a president running around the globe bowing to murderous kings and apologizing to tyrants. We don’t need supposed Americans to create threads apologizing to a dictatorship and pleading to not harm us. If China wants to challenge us it will be M.A.D. and they know it.

Sorry to anyone who thinks we need to apologize to bloodthirsty dictators you don’t apologize for me, you don’t speak for me, you do not represent me or this great nation, and you have no representative voice of us Americans.

The USA has given China little to no reason to bomb us. Besides if they bomb us we will nuke them. Quit apologizing for America’s greatness you tyrant sympathizers!

Do you hear this China? We Americans have better things to worry about then what you think. I could list several things more important like making sure I don’t miss House, or getting some milk at the grocery tonight, or preparing for Thanksgiving. I know a celebration of values, peace, and family is beside you lot but in America morality is important and China is not.

Go ahead and call me ignorant, sure I may not have said everything in the best possible way but I am sick and tired of this constant apology from people like Obama and the other anti-Americans.
edit on 11/17/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

YEA! and and! we want cookies as you take back and eat your fat nasty ugly Anti American apology mister! COOKIES, naaaowah! USA rules China Drewlz.

Gotta love Patriotism.
We ain scurred O'no darn China, deg gummit.We got them thar nukes!
edit on 18-11-2010 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Agreed.
Thank you for refusing to apologize to a country that steals our intellectual property and sells it back to us manufactured out of cheap materials.
We owe China nothing...Especially not an apology.
They owe us for dragging them out of the muck.
When did China become a superpower? Why, right after we opened trade relations with them and started buying their cheap trinkets passed off as consumer goods...the manufacturing techniques of which were pirated from us.

China=Fail

They may have copied everything from the USA, including our military hardware, but they certainly missed some secrets, and if they ever try to cause trouble they're gonna get a nice little surprise courtesy of 60+ years of black-budget technology.

Next up, some silly kook is gonna try to apologize to Hitler
Good lord, guess who's gonna be the first person tried for treason if we ever go to war with those bastards?
Most likely, the creator of that other thread...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Juice
Agreed.
Thank you for refusing to apologize to a country that steals our intellectual property and sells it back to us manufactured out of cheap materials.
We owe China nothing...Especially not an apology.
They owe us for dragging them out of the muck.
When did China become a superpower? Why, right after we opened trade relations with them and started buying their cheap trinkets passed off as consumer goods...the manufacturing techniques of which were pirated from us.

China=Fail

They may have copied everything from the USA, including our military hardware, but they certainly missed some secrets, and if they ever try to cause trouble they're gonna get a nice little surprise courtesy of 60+ years of black-budget technology.

Next up, some silly kook is gonna try to apologize to Hitler
Good lord, guess who's gonna be the first person tried for treason if we ever go to war with those bastards?
Most likely, the creator of that other thread...

Your entire point of view=Fail.
^^^What is wrong with America today.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
This thread has taught me a bit about myself...mostly by my starring. I find myself starring both patriotic and realistic threads...sucks to have pride without having illusions of greatness in a thread dedicated to basically black and white. heh

in this subject, I think my stand is simple...things are alright here...we need to make it better ourselves...anyone whom demands America is great is a idiot...anyone whom states America is evil or stupid is also a idiot

This thread, and the thread that this is a response to are both useless nonsense ultimately..I can see the reactionary decision to make this thread...but frankly, if I do not see an pro or anti american or china thread for the next 20 years, I will find my life a little bit more intelligent. I hate nationalism threads, hate when I participate in them either way, and typically hate nationalists...have pride, not delusions..and thats all that ever needs to be said about anyones home country, be it the states, brazil, uk, france, or china.

*unless your amsterdam...they got reason to stand on top and claim they are the most free*

A non-American commenting on what an American should think and feel?

Wow

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Chinesis

Oh yeah... your not-too-well-though-out reply using a quote from myself as the bulk of your tiny two-line response... with no supportive claims, let alone evidence, really has emphasis and power behind it....really. [/sarcasm]

WE DO NOT APOLOGIZE!

Take your internet censorship, your government mandated birth control, your highly invasive corporate espionage,
and shove it.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join