It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To China and the world - We do NOT apologize

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd

You got people in this thread , calling for the destruction of America , and I get a warning for a post that was directed at no one personally , but was rather a generalization .

Now THAT's rich !

Guess I should just mind my manners and kiss a little butt and APOLOGIZE TO CHINA .

Guess what , GO AHEAD AND BAN ME RIGHT NOW . I WILL NOT APOLOGIZE TO ANYONE .

China is not asking you to apologize!

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

China is not asking you to apologize!

Funny , I don't recall saying that they were .

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

Did you pay your monthly dues?

Relax, getting a warning isn't the end of the world or America

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

That's what I don't get. Where does this whole "apologize" thing come from?? China never asked the US to apologize for anything.

They're asking for THEIR money back, that's all...standard business practice. The US owes China money, that's all there is to it.

This sudden outrage at China is laughable and just shows how effective the media control you people. The human rights issue was always there, they copied stuff since the 60s just like the US copied stuff from other nations. It's business, nothing more.

The guys talking about war, nukes, and missiles are so out of touch with reality, it's kinda scary...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
They're asking for THEIR money back, that's all...standard business practice. The US owes China money, that's all there is to it.

China is NOT asking for anything back at the moment.
Do you have any IDEA how Treasury's work?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Relax, getting a warning isn't the end of the world or America

You're absolutely correct . I just find it absurd that I can get warned for a generalization , yet someone else can turn around and call for "allah" to destroy the nation I live in .

Like I said , THAT's rich !

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

That's what I don't get. Where does this whole "apologize" thing come from?? China never asked the US to apologize for anything.

This sudden outrage at China is laughable and just shows how effective the media control you people. The human rights issue was always there, they copied stuff since the 60s just like the US copied stuff from other nations. It's business, nothing more.

The guys talking about war, nukes, and missiles are so out of touch with reality, it's kinda scary...

Yeah, this is what i find worrying. I mean, one american person says "sorry to China" and suddenly we get all these people saying "they won't get an apology from me" lol Its a complete joke! Mind you, just shows how much of a primitive race we are at the end of the day

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

It's not just that.

You have been around long enough here at ATS to KNOW that there is a nonstop slam fest of the US, day in and day out. When one American stands up and Admits the US's faults and issues while defending himself and his country. All of a sudden the wolves circle and the knives come out and attack him and the US.

As if we don't know the things that we have done wrong....

YES I say "WE" it's my country and I'll defend her but I'm also well aware of the things our Government and Corporations have done wrong around the Earth in our name.

edit on 19-11-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

China is NOT asking for anything back at the moment.
Do you have any IDEA how Treasury's work?

Well, they kind of are. The US government is massively devaluing the dollar, which decreases the value of stake the Chinese have in the US. So no wonder they're pissed and don't cooperate with the US at the moment. They're asking the US to not continue devaluing the dollar...which by the way is the same a lot of right-wing pundits like Beck are asking for. This makes it even more bizarre given that Beck slams the Chinese all day long

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I don't see liberty living in either country. Freedom and liberty are just words we use, they don't really mean anything to any country on Earth. It seems China is just a tad bit more oppressive, but at least they are not rolling over the Middle East like Hitler's stormtroopers.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Well, they kind of are. The US government is massively devaluing the dollar, which decreases the value of stake the Chinese have in the US. So no wonder they're pissed and don't cooperate with the US at the moment. They're asking the US to not continue devaluing the dollar...which by the way is the same a lot of right-wing pundits like Beck are asking for. This makes it even more bizarre given that Beck slams the Chinese all day long

Ahhhh.

So let's see here now. China has for quite a few years held their currency at an artificially low level to create the illusion of better prices and will not allow it to float on the global markets so it can find it's proper value. So the US starts to devalue it's currency making American made products and services more competitive in order to compensate and now it's viewed as a bad thing?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

It seems China is just a tad bit more oppressive, but at least they are not rolling over the Middle East like Hitler's stormtroopers.

...but they are more than willing to get "their share"... just one example...

edit on 19-11-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
It seems China is just a tad bit more oppressive, but at least they are not rolling over the Middle East like Hitler's stormtroopers.

No?

They haven't just rolled over Tibet and others [Tianamin square] who get in their way eh?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Threads like this one are so unbelievably out of touch that they're almost entertaining to read.

USA a nation that loves and protects "freedom" and civil liberties? When was that, in 1961, or probably in 1912... I frankly don't know what Misoir is talking about.

How much freedom can one see in Gitmo, or in Patriot Act 1 and 2, the systematic torture of hundreds of Afghan and Iraqi war prisoners, who by the way never got any trial according to both US and International law?

How come the events of Tiannamen Square are worst than American citizens being abducted by paramilitaries on-the-spot during peaceful protests at the G20 in Minneapolis, or these countless cases of average people being bullied or even shot by cops in the streets just because they were behaving "violent" or whatever? And about the airport body scans, the massive evesdropping program backed by both Bush and Obama administrations What are your freedom and Constitution-loving CIA, FBI and Homeland Sec do to protect citizens from such despotic abuses of power and State terror? They support it, so does most of your legislative branch.

Oh yeah... I can foresee the obvious, brainless, answer to these totalitarian policies: "It's to protect us from the evil terrirists, and the damn lefties!!!" Right. That's sure making a point for condemning the Tiannanmen Square police repression, that was aimed at crushing down political dissenters, just like your glorious US government is doing with the American people at an even larger scale!

Oh yeah, sure, the US Police State doesn't have the barbaric arrogance of shooting non-violent student protesters with real, lead bullets and sending the ammo bills to their families (they actually just send them to hospital for numerous bone fractures and then to jail for FELONY). They don't NEED to do this, yet. As long as most people care more about the last meaningless gossip on the generic superstar du jour, they don't such State terror.

So much for "freeduuuumb!"
edit on 19/11/10 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion
So much for "freeduuuumb!"

So let's see here how many Americans were shot and killed with automatic weapons and or ran over by tanks at the G-20 like the Chinese did at tiananmen square?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

It's not just that.

You have been around long enough here at ATS to KNOW that there is a nonstop slam fest of the US, day in and day out. When one American stands up and Admits the US's faults and issues while defending himself and his country. All of a sudden the wolves circle and the knives come out and attack him and the US.

As if we don't know the things that we have done wrong....

YES I say "WE" it's my country and I'll defend her but I'm also well aware of the things our Government and Corporations have done wrong around the Earth in our name.

There are more people slagging China off than defending China on these threads. And the sad fact of the matter is, there is also lies and BS being said. Now, i have lived in China. My wife is Chinese, so half my family are Chinese. So, i can sit here with my wife, and sometimes her face will drop with some of the BS that some people have said. And lets not forget the people who are saying we should nuke China if they get in our way. I mean, come on!

Who nis there to defend China? There is only a handful of people who are. Like i said before, i know China is not perfect, far from it, but if people are gonna bring up the same crap, tibet,human rights,tourture etc, the i will do the same concerning America. And if needs be, my wife will help me on certain things.

Like i said before Patriotism for your country is horrible, and i wish people had the same Patriotism for the planet instread. But i truely believe that most of these hardcore Patriots would put there country before the planet, and its sad. Patriotism for your country causes more problems than people realise. But i guess, being as primitive as we are at the moment, this won't change for a very long time in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
There are more people slagging China off than defending China on these threads. And the sad fact of the matter is, there is also lies and BS being said. Now, i have lived in China. My wife is Chinese, so half my family are Chinese. So, i can sit here with my wife, and sometimes her face will drop with some of the BS that some people have said. And lets not forget the people who are saying we should nuke China if they get in our way. I mean, come on!

No offense but I've read you make that and many similar statements about your family and how much you know China on many threads. It's getting old.... One would consider it a bit biased. No offense.

I could imagine why you would want to turn a blind eye towards the things that China has done wrong. I'm pretty sure in a country of 1.2 to 1.6 billion people sprawled across an area roughly the size of the US's Lower 48 states would have a hard time knowing everything that goes on in China a "Closed society" on the whole. Just like many Americans from NY don't know whats going on in Glendale California and visa versa for example.

So excuse me if I'll consider all sources not just you and your potentially biased interpretation

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

No offense but I've read you make that and many similar statements about your family and how much you know China on many threads. It's getting old.... One would consider it a bit biased. No offense.

I could imagine why you would want to turn a blind eye towards the things that China has done wrong. I'm pretty sure in a country of 1.2 to 1.6 billion people sprawled across an area roughly the size of the US's Lower 48 states would have a hard time knowing everything that goes on in China a "Closed society" on the whole. Just like many Americans from NY don't know whats going on in Glendale California and visa versa for example.

So excuse me if I'll consider all sources not just you and your potentially biased interpretation

Have you been reading what i have been saying. I am not biased towards China. I am not biased to any country, even my home in England. All i am saying is America is just as bad as China, but just in a different way. You can post youtube video's of tiananmen square all you want. How about posting video's of all the terrible things America has done in the war with Iraq. How many innocent lives lost on both sides, just for oil.

So, you think im biased towards China because i call on people on this thread talking rubbish about China. You think that means im being biased. Am i being biased towards China when i answer back to people on this thread who say "if they get in our way, we will nuke them"?

And to think, all this started because of one persons opinion. How sad!

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

So, you think im biased towards China because i call on people on this thread talking rubbish about China. You think that means im being biased. Am i being biased towards China when i answer back to people on this thread who say "if they get in our way, we will nuke them"?

Then stop trying to impress people with whom you married. My Ex-wife is from Guatemala and I've been there a few times. Neither she nor I know everything there is to know about Guatemala. Sure we have our opinions but hey they're OPINIONS. My last Girlfriend is Canadian now living here in the States again I've been there a few times doesn't make her nor I experts we have our opinions on Canada and so it goes....

It is sad isnt it....

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Then stop trying to impress people with whom you married. My Ex-wife is from Guatemala and I've been there a few times. Neither she nor I know everything there is to know about Guatemala. Sure we have our opinions but hey they're OPINIONS. My last Girlfriend is Canadian now living here in the States again I've been there a few times doesn't make her nor I experts we have our opinions on Canada and so it goes....

It is sad isnt it....

Look through this thread and see the amount of people who have said stuff like "you try living there" and "see how long you will last" to name but a few things these people have said. So, i will tell people that i did live there and travelled China. I will say muy wife is sitting here and reading all this amazed at some of the stuff people are saying. I will say yjay my wifes family were poor, but did not go through any of the stuff some people are saying chinese poor people go through. I am not saying it does not happen, but half the people, if not more, are just saying the same old stuff they hear about China, then some more.

I am not trying to impress people. Its only you that thinks im impressing, and impressing has not even come into my mind. Im just saying the way it is, and of course my experience of a western man who has lived and seen alot of China.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join