It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Moon Anomaly *Captured On Video* - Life Revealed 2010

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
Can I please ask all those in favor of 'dirt' please show me any more of the JAXA video's with the same? No? Oh the dirt must have been washed off by a space gorilla eh?

Ask and ye shall receive. Perhaps it isn't "dirt", but it seems to be a spot of some sort (perhaps a bad pixel).

Here are 3 images, all the same size....

The first image is the video in question (the original one -- English version) at about the :32 mark.
The next two images are the last images from Kaguya before it crashed

You will see that when all images are viewed the same size, a "spot" appears on each one -- The video in question AND the two "final" frames of Kaguya's final video -- at the exact same location.

Open each picture, and view each at 100% size (don't change the size), or you can slide the "sliders" all the way to the right. Then measure from the right edge and the bottom edge. You will see that the spot is in the same place in the video and these pictures.

***** EDIT TO ADD: The 2nd and 3rd images are frames from the Telescopic HDTV camera -- the same camera that filmed the video in the OP (the 1st image) *****

If you want to see the location of that spot for yourself, here are those images on the "JAXA" website:

Video Frame hdtv_077_6_l
Video Frame hdtv_077_7_l

and another one in which the spot shows up in the original, but could not be seen in my "ATS" version of the picture:
Video Frame hdtv_077_5_l

...and here is the page from the JAXA site that the images can be found (images 6, 7, and 5 , respectively, as listed above):
wms.selene.jaxa.jp...

[edit on 2/1/2010 by Box of Rain]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Box of Rain

Great thanks!

BUT

Video? Me thinks not!

Really appreciate your effort though *

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Great thanks!

BUT

Video? Me thinks not!

Really appreciate your effort though *

Yes. Me thinks so.

These are still frames from Kaguya's final Telescopic HDTV camera's video -- the same camera used to film the video in the OP (not the "wide angle" HDTV camera)

...and you're welcome.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I followed the argument on the first couple of pages and got bored, so downloaded the HD versions and enlarged the video to fill the screen (but did not go full screen to keep my cursor in view), found the anomaly before it goes over the front edge of the crater edge, placed my cursor next to the anomaly and found that when it appeared at the far side of the crater it was still next to my cursor, my conclusion, using the least scientific method, is that this anomaly is occurring within the camera, dodgy pixel or dust, it ain't life on the moon.

[edit on 1-2-2010 by Koka]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Amazing you're arguing over something you cant even see.

Second line, cant be bothered with one.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Oh. I see. So tell me. Is it coincidence that in the orginal the "missile" just happens to rise at exactly the same rate as the motion of Kaguya over the Moon...

Well, not really.

Assuming for a moment that is was some kind of rocket, it's matching pace wouldn't be a strange coincidence if it's launch was timed for a rendezvous and / or docking with the JAXA craft.

It would be a fairly standard thing to do in an intercept trajectory, with the Kaguya.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Interesting sequence, thanks wZn.

A few things i'd like to get some more info on though.

Was the camera taking the shot, aimed directly along the direction travelled by Kaguya?

It may go some way to helping prove or disprove a pixel/dust artifact explanation. It the camera was even slightly miss-aligned in relation to the direction of Kaguya's travel, if the rocket was a rocket (or something) i would expect it to track across the frame, relative to the deviation of the camera.

If that makes any sense at all..

The second thing was to do with the small crater, on the South Eastern ridge/lip of Anaxagoras, on the front image of your attached video clip.

I was wondering if any geologist reading, could shed any light on which processes would be involved in forming such a feature? From the video, it appears that it is perfectly and evenly bisected by a thin, regular 'road' like structure. Does this happen in nature? On the moon?

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

That is correct. But in that case the rocket would have to have accelerated instantly to the necessary velocity (assuming we are seeing the launch).

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by Phage

Oh. I see. So tell me. Is it coincidence that in the orginal the "missile" just happens to rise at exactly the same rate as the motion of Kaguya over the Moon...

Well, not really.

Assuming for a moment that is was some kind of rocket, it's matching pace wouldn't be a strange coincidence if it's launch was timed for a rendezvous and / or docking with the JAXA craft.

It would be a fairly standard thing to do in an intercept trajectory, with the Kaguya.

EDIT POST TO CLARIFY:

If it was on an "intercept/rendezvous" course, I would think that it might match speed.

However, I think it would also probably be rising in altitude, which would mean it would most likely not stay in the same position in the frame.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Nope.
Constant bearing, decreasing range = collision course.
No decreasing range visible here but the video is short so I didn't point that out.

Sorry. Misread.

[edit on 2/1/2010 by Phage]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zyril

Originally posted by smurfy
You should give credit to the OP for spotting anything there in the first place. That said, the OP fell apart when there was opinions that could have given the impression that they were the real deal. Perhaps the OP could take it on board that they can only be opinions, and not much else. The spot does seem to show a trailing blur, and it does also bend from right to left about the second last dark area. There could be a reason for that other than any manipulation. Say for instance a faint reflection from the orbiter, and an effect a bit like a torchlight going up an uneven surface. There is also nothing to say that the orbiter itself maintains a perfectly straight course, or even maintain the same speed as it passes over.

That is true, and I have seen it too. For me though, it is not enough to say that for 100% certainty, there is life on the moon. But still, I do not laugh at him for laying out the facts about the video, but he laughs at those who contribute with their thoughts.

Hi Zyril,
That was the reason I posted in the way that I did. The thread title is way out in my opinion, but there is no real way here at present, to amend it other than call it a hoax, which it is not. Maybe the Mods should be allowed to add "my opinion" to an ambiguous title, it would certainly suit this thread. The OP has a bit of work to do in his replies and stick to the subject, or he will lose the thread, and all the work. that would be silly.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MREALE
Great video catches, but how to download for future reference.

Get Firefox if you dont already have it and a plug in called 1 Click You Tube Video Downloader

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I watched both the original and the closeup view with the circle, and it's either one of two things. It's either a meteor that was caught flying in low orbit as the satellite was going over (which shows the faster speed of the object), or something was launched from the 50km wide crater (around the 20 second mark on the circle video you can see a slight flare up in the area where the object came from, but it could as easily be the meteor just flying through that area while having the video taken. But the crater is big enough to hide things I guess, but the secret is looking at that 18 to 25 second mark and seeing if you see anything else moving or flareup, like I said I thought I saw a flare up, but it could as easily be a meteor flying across the vision of the camera in lower orbit.

Good find though.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by hoghead cheese

Now this is thinking I like to see!

I actually thought it may be another "probe" that was just not spoken about on that particular mission. Kind of reminds me of a drone..dunno...but I agree with your manner, and thank you for that!

On another note I'm reluctant to post the other video which has a different anomaly...

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

reply to post by wmd_2008

I understand how it works, but you did leave a very nice & detailed post with great tips...thank you.

peace

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

reply to post by hoghead cheese

On another note I'm reluctant to post the other video which has a different anomaly...

Let's see it. Your cleverly edited OP video prompted some great responses from members who took the time to point out your shenanigans and find the hot pixel on Kaguya's HD TV camera. We can refer to this in future discussions of "anomalies" in Kaguya footage. So that's a good thing.

Maybe your new video will result in more discoveries.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by IAttackPeople

I attack people : It is NOT a hot pixel - that is absurd
. Nor is it dirt. I seriously doubt any of those claims.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese

...or something was launched from the 50km wide crater (around the 20 second mark on the circle video you can see a slight flare up in the area where the object came from, but it could as easily be the meteor just flying through that area while having the video taken...

No. As shown in this post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
the "object" didn't come from the 50 km crater (Anaxagoras Crater). It was visible outside the crater at the :14 mark (of the original JAXA English version video -- not the edited version.)

...and why are you discounting the possibility of a defective pixel in the camera's CCD? The "object" did not move at all relative to the video frame (and camera) as if it was part of the camera.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

reply to post by IAttackPeople

I attack people : It is NOT a hot pixel - that is absurd
. Nor is it dirt. I seriously doubt any of those claims.

Can you explain why it is absurd?

As I showed back in a post at the top of this page (This Post), there is another bright pixel in the exact same location on at least 3 other video frames taken by the same camera that took the video in the OP -- the HD Telescopic camera (which is a different camera than Kaguya's HD wide-angle camera).

That would be quite the coincidence for an flying object to appear in the exact same part of the frame in four different pictures taken by the same camera -- unless that "object" is not an object but rather a defective pixel.

So why exactly CAN'T it be a hot pixel?

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Sorry to challenge your limited view...

Limited view? You see a video artifact a pixel or so in size, and you leap to the conclusion of life on the Moon?

Come on now... Whose view is truly limited?

— Doc Velocity

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join