It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Moon Anomaly *Captured On Video* - Life Revealed 2010

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by believer81
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

You are kidding us right? Er... I mean really?

Why would he be kidding? first few times I was pretty impressed and would have flagged the video also for review. All signs after reviewing it over and over do point to it being something on the lens...sorta what skepticism is used for overall...not to belittle the initial subject, but to try and find the truth behind what we are seeing.

I would venture to say this clip is perfectly reasonable to bring up, and the explanation does do a good job in finding the truth.

Its easy to come in at the end of a conversation and pretend the final conclusion was self evident from the get go, it requires no thought.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
Checking out the JAXA/NASA high definition videos, I discovered what
[edit on 31-1-2010 by watchZEITGEISTnow]

definitly something going on there!

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceMonkeys
Ignorance is bliss isn't it? funny this site has an ignore button when the moto is "deny ignorance"

Deny ignorance means also ignore fools.

however, Phage is not a fool...I would venture to say his insight (most of the time) is more important to the UFO field than default believers. credibility is shady at best for most of the field and more skepticism is required....else the field will be little more than some silly religion.

You can believe what you want...but when it comes down to claiming things to be the truth, you better have some hard evidence in hand.

(btw, not slamming you...piggybacked on your comment...indeed ignoring skeptics does = requesting ignorance be your motto)

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

G'day WZN

Having looked at this very carefully several times, unfortunately I must conclude this is a camera artifact of some description.

The motion of the "object"is an exact match for the movement (i.e. the progression) of the camera.

I think the most probable cause is a pixel effect.

May I say again that I admire your passion & your drive here on ATS, if not always your material.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

I agree, I starred and flagged this thread, it's a great find. But after checking the video properly you can see it is there well before crossing the crater, and at the same speed as the camera movement, making me believe its something on the camera.

Unfortunately! But still a great find either way!

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
It is a defective pixel on the sensor. A "Bright Dot defect" to be exact:

en.wikipedia.org...

You can see it throughout the entire video. For reference, just position your mouse right below it when it is most noticeable over a dark background (at around 00:30) and then rewind using the left arrow key on your keboard.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
what i find incredible is that the crater is 50 god damn KILOMETERES in diameter, some of those rocks are HUGE, its bigger than the city i live in, yet with no perspective it seems like a ditch

[edit on 1-2-2010 by steven barnes]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
reply to post by Cuhail

Great input to the discussion. It is not a lens artifact.

I very much would've liked to see a moon crater hosting a rocket launch; however, you are refusing the facts, Zeitgeist.

If you watch either of the originals, right around :15, as others have said, you can see the "rocket" at the lower rim of the crater, heading up to where it eventually begins the "launch."

It is not a rocket, definitely not a rocket, and it is definitely not coming FROM the crater.

You're losing credibility the more you argue to the contrary.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I don't mean to be a killjoy but Ive seen tons of these so called moon pictures and well sorry to say its all looks to me like a bunch of rocks & dust. If you want to really know whats on the moon, just retask the orbital space telescope they have. So instead of looking out at space have it's super eye, pointed at these strange rocks & dust. If they can see galaxcies of in the vast distance they should be able to see whats on the moon. Since its what only 240,000 miles away...

rocks & dust...

oh and two used moon rovers...

lots of boot prints...

a couple of american flags..

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
object moves at same speed as camera travels.

this indicates that it is something on the lens or in the camera and not something rising from the surface.

probably in the best interest of the OP to note those simple things before doing a big blowout thread like this.

once again. no flag, no star, just a big waste of time.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
In defense of the OP.(see edit)
It is not dirt on lens. (see edit)

Simple Test-
Play video.
Pause video at moment of "Rocket Launch".
Place mouse pointer on "Rocket".
Resume playback.
If "Rocket" remains directly at tip of pointer then it is dirt on lens.
If "Rocket" moves away from pointer then it is an actual moving object captured on film.

If you can't use mouse to both point and pause/start video then use a pencil and physically point to the "Rocket" on your screen.

You may also forgo pausing the video and at anytime you can see the "Rocket" just point to it with mouse and then leave pointer stationary.

My conclusion- It is not dirt. The "Rocket" is not in a static position relative to the camera. It moves quickly away from its starting position and may also be moving away in an arc towards the right of the screen.

EDIT!!!!
After repeating the Simple Test on the original JAXA film the "Rocket" appears to remain in a static position on screen suggesting dirt on the camera lens.

You try it.

[edit on 1-2-2010 by GuyverUnit I]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
As others have said, the "object" moves the same rate as the camera, and stays in the exact same position relative to the frame the entire time it is visible. That indicates to me that it is most likely a spot on the lens, an artifact in the video file, or a "hot" pixel.

Furthermore, the "object" does not come from the crater, as was said in the OP. I watched this in HD 720p (the "English Version" link in the OP). It can be seen at the edge of the crater at the :14 through :16marks (right when the narrator says "...North side of Mare Frigoris...") where I indicated in the image below:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5a53091a77ff.jpg[/atsimg]

I'd say it's a spot and not a real object.

[edit on 2/1/2010 by Box of Rain]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by GuyverUnit I
In defense of the OP.(see edit)
It is not dirt on lens. (see edit)

Simple Test-
Play video.
Pause video at moment of "Rocket Launch".
Place mouse pointer on "Rocket".
Resume playback.
If "Rocket" remains directly at tip of pointer then it is dirt on lens.
If "Rocket" moves away from pointer then it is an actual moving object captured on film.

If you can't use mouse to both point and pause/start video then use a pencil and physically point to the "Rocket" on your screen.

You may also forgo pausing the video and at anytime you can see the "Rocket" just point to it with mouse and then leave pointer stationary.

My conclusion- It is not dirt. The "Rocket" is not in a static position relative to the camera. It moves quickly away from its starting position and may also be moving away in an arc towards the right of the screen.

EDIT!!!!
After repeating the Simple Test on the original JAXA film the "Rocket" appears to remain in a static position on screen suggesting dirt on the camera lens.

You try it.

Ha ha! Thanks for the edit/clarification.

I was about to "call your bluff" because I earlier did exactly what you said with this video:
www.youtube.com...
in 720p HD, and the spot stayed next to my pointer the entire time it was visible from the :14 mark through the :34 mark (with intermittent times that is was not visible).

Which means to me that it is probably a spot or an image artifact ("hot" pixel). I'm glad you agree.

Good job for coming back and clarifying your original analysis.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Looks like dirt on the camera, sorry. A rocket on the moon doesn't add up, in fact the idea of intelligent life on the moon doesn't even add up, it's a barren cold rock. If there were intelligent aliens there they'd likely need lots of technological advancement just to survive, they'd have to pimp the moon out with their technology in order to live there and that's something we humans would notice.

Life on the moon is too distant a possibility to jump to just from one piece of footage especially one that looks like a little piece of dirt in or on the lens.

It is a nice piece of HD footage though, far better than most moon anomaly threads we see on ATS

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Just adding my observation. Am attempting to further this, but...

Here is the object in question;
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/40499deda32a.png[/atsimg]

and here it is even closer;
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/16e5be1da31f.png[/atsimg]

Am trying to capture it in as many positions as I can.. but dont hold your breath.. I might fail (for any or many reasons yet to be discovered)

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
That looks more like a piece of dirt in front of the lens rather than a rocket launch.

Rocket launch is a bit of a stretch.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I wish the people that have jumped on this and claimed OMG!, It can't be a spot! S & F !!!" would open their minds a bit and stop thinking ONLY with their hearts.

I understand that some people want so badly to believe that a rocket was launched from this crater, but that does not excuse overlooking some obvious indications that this may just be dirt or dead/hot pixel.

Please don't be so close-minded (or single-minded). Don't let the fact that you "want to believe" become so all-consuming that it clouds your judgment. This does no favors for the real study of UFOs.

[edit on 2/1/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be ironic if there was a battle taking place in our skies, whilst we are down here debating if ET exist?

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
here is the blurring that was mentioned;
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c42a4ae6d368.png[/atsimg]

Is this to do with pixelation as 'whatever it is' passes from light to dark areas?
Or is it something else?

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Well spotted! There is no denying that there is something moving, whatever it may be it should not be there.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raabjorn
Well spotted! There is no denying that there is something moving, whatever it may be it should not be there.

No. It's not moving.

It stays in the same position relative to the frame the entire time -- i.e., it moves with the camera. That means it is probably a "hot" pixel or a spot on the lens.

Furthermore, the "object" didn't come from the crater as said in the OP. It is visible prior to that.

EDIT TO ADD:

Perhaps you were watching the first video posted in the OP. That video is deceptive because it is NOT the original video, but rather and edited one in which the editor "pans" around the original frame. This panning makes it look as if the object is moving relative to the frame/camera.

However, this is just a bit of deception on the part of the editor. In the original videos, such as this one:
www.youtube.com...
you can clearly see that the "spot" never moves relative to the camera

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join