It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The quest for planet X continues

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 06:07 PM
link   
"Laugh it up, Fuzzballs."

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: 5thHead
a reply to: chr0naut

So you are claiming the sumerians didn't write about God's that came out of the sky? Lol.

The Sumerians had no idea of space above the atmosphere.

How could you possibly know that? Just cuz you say so?

Why is it so hard for some to answer a simple question? You seem to be deflecting. I'll ask again...

Are you seriously making the argument that the clay tablets of UR do NOT talk about people that came out of the sky? Someone thousands of years later just made it all up and duped even the skeptics that police Wikipedia?

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 06:27 PM
link   

To ensure they didn't miss Planet Nine, the team added more than 50,000 fake Planet Nines to the data. They "spotted" 99.9% of these decoy planets.

I imagine that after this investigation, we will know whether planet X exists or not.

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 06:37 PM
link   

en.m.wikipedia.org...

an-un-na-ki is recorded several times in ECTSL. Read the entries to get the flavour of what was actually written by Sumerians and Akkadians, rather than how Sitchin interpreted it.

The word/s "an-un-na-ki" described the descendants of the Earth goddess (Ki) and the sky god (An), when the Earth and the sky were inseparable (joined together). Then Enlil, the eldest of their children, split the sky and the Earth apart and carried his mother, the Earth, away from his father.

Wait. So you made a post saying there is no such word as anunnaki. You even linked to some website to bolster your claim and then a few posts later you define the word yourself? You defined the word you said didn't exist?

I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time taking you seriously.

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
a reply to: theatreboy

The hypothetical Planet Nine bears no similarities to the fiction that is Nibiru.

Oh. Ok. Well that settles it. Lol.

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 06:53 PM
link   

a reply to: Station27

They didn't identify 12 planets.

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 07:08 PM
link   

No, as far as we know, they knew of no planets at all. They didn't differentiate between stars or planets.

Wrong.

The whole 12 planets bit was probably the 5,000 intervening years of occultists who confused the 12 signs of the Babylonian Zodiac. 'Cause you could just make stuff up and no-one could call BS on it, like they do today.

Wow. Talk about grasping at straws. It's hard for me to even get my head around what you are even saying.

So you think 12 symbols were taken from the zodiac and attributed to random points of light in the sky? Where do you think the zodiac came from? If they knew about the zodiac and the constellations why would they change it's meaning?

You're really reaching.

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 08:00 PM
link   

en.m.wikipedia.org...

an-un-na-ki is recorded several times in ECTSL. Read the entries to get the flavour of what was actually written by Sumerians and Akkadians, rather than how Sitchin interpreted it.

The word/s "an-un-na-ki" described the descendants of the Earth goddess (Ki) and the sky god (An), when the Earth and the sky were inseparable (joined together). Then Enlil, the eldest of their children, split the sky and the Earth apart and carried his mother, the Earth, away from his father.

Wait. So you made a post saying there is no such word as anunnaki. You even linked to some website to bolster your claim and then a few posts later you define the word yourself? You defined the word you said didn't exist?

I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time taking you seriously.

I annunaki is a modern contraction for the words an-un-na-ki, a phrase which means the offspring of An and Ki.

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 08:07 PM
link   

The hypothetical Planet Nine bears no similarities to the fiction that is Nibiru.

So you know definitely that a hypothetical planet bears no similarities to another "mythological " planet.

Yet both are hypothetical.

I am so confused.

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 08:36 PM
link   

No, as far as we know, they knew of no planets at all. They didn't differentiate between stars or planets.

Wrong.

The whole 12 planets bit was probably the 5,000 intervening years of occultists who confused the 12 signs of the Babylonian Zodiac. 'Cause you could just make stuff up and no-one could call BS on it, like they do today.
Wow. Talk about grasping at straws. It's hard for me to even get my head around what you are even saying.

So you think 12 symbols were taken from the zodiac and attributed to random points of light in the sky? Where do you think the zodiac came from? If they knew about the zodiac and the constellations why would they change it's meaning?

You're really reaching.

Even today, the 12 signs of the zodiac represent 12 constellations, not 12 planets.

The constellation names just happen to follow the path of the sun through the sky (as viewed from Earth), dividing it into 12 equal 30 degree segments. It is part of a crude coordinate system.

edit on 2024-02-29T21:08:30-06:0009Thu, 29 Feb 2024 21:08:30 -060002pm00000029 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 08:46 PM
link   

You left two out.

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 09:05 PM
link   

So you are claiming the sumerians didn't write about God's that came out of the sky? Lol.
The Sumerians had no idea of space above the atmosphere.
How could you possibly know that? Just cuz you say so?

No, I know because it wasn't really developed until after the Sumerians were gone and replaced by the Babylonians, and even then, it was a late Babylonian concept.

Also, I know the Sumerians could not have differentiated stars from planets because their coordinate system only divided the sky into 12 sectors. The planets are different in how they appear from the Earth in that they retrograde (they don't follow in clean arcs across the sky, like stars do. Planets have little backwards loops in their path. Hence the name from the ancient Greek planasthai "to wander"). With the sky divided into 12 sectors only, the retrograde of planets is almost indistinguishable from the path of stars.

Why is it so hard for some to answer a simple question? You seem to be deflecting. I'll ask again...

Are you seriously making the argument that the clay tablets of UR do NOT talk about people that came out of the sky? Someone thousands of years later just made it all up and duped even the sceptics that police Wikipedia?

No I'm not seriously saying that. Because it is beside the point. Rain "comes out of the sky" but I don't think that qualifies it as being extra-terrestrial.

You are trying to fit something said by someone who was extremely primitive, into modern paradigms.

The Sumerians may have deduced that rain comes from clouds, but they, more likely than not, had no idea how the clouds got there.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: 5thHead

Next we switch our focus to Cylinder Seal VA243. This is the core of Sitchin's argument for the existence of Nibiru. If you go on Sitchin's word it's pretty good evidence. We have a Sumerian artifact that clearly shows the Sun with planets orbiting it. There's only one problem, the symbol for Sun does not appear on this cylinder seal. Furthermore, Sitchin claimed that the Sumerians believed the Moon was another planet. This just isn't true. In fact the Sumerians had a separate symbol for the Moon and it too does not appear on this cylinder seal. The only symbol that appears on this seal is the symbol for star/planet.

This image shows the Sumerian symbols for star/planet, Moon, Sun (From Left to Right). As you can clearly see the second and third symbols don't appear anywhere on Cylinder Seal VA243. Only a night sky full of stars.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 05:09 AM
link   

The scientists presenting the hypothesis have stated the closest Planet Nine would come to the inner solar system is 200 AU. They came up with this number by monitoring the orbits of objects from the outer solar system. The same objects that led them to make their hypothesis in the first place.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 05:10 AM
link   

So you believe the scientists that believe there's a planet in the outer solar system but you don't actually believe any of the science that led them to that hypothesis?

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 06:05 AM
link   

So you believe the scientists that believe there's a planet in the outer solar system but you don't actually believe any of the science that led them to that hypothesis?

You're not making sense. I'm the one that started the thread. Other people here have argued that it doesn't exist but I keep pointing out that scientists do.

Also, you didn't drop any science on the post you responded to... You just declared that there was nothing to it. With no reasoning or thoughts at all. You just basically told everyone what to think as if you were the arbiter of truth and explanations weren't needed.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 06:14 AM
link   

If you look at the sky long enough you're going to figure out that some points of light in the sky move differently than others. Some of the planets are visible with the naked eye.

We know these people studied the stars, so how could we be sure they didn't figure out that some are not like the others and put them in a special category?

To say you know is just arrogance.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 06:36 AM
link   

No I'm not seriously saying that. Because it is beside the point. Rain "comes out of the sky" but I don't think that qualifies it as being extra-terrestrial.

But you did say that. You said it was a fiction made up by some man thousands of years later. If it's "beside the point" and you didn't even believe it then why did you make the argument? Why trash some old dead guy like that? That's not nice.

Also, your rain analogy is weak. Almost every ancient civilization (if not all of them) talked about people that came out of the sky and bossed them around. If you want to get lost in the clouds and water things down with comments about rain go ahead. Party on dude.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Given the assumptions of radius and albedo that we used for the reference population, we can update expected Planet Nine parameters. The remaining population has 15.9, 50.0, and 84.1 percentile values for mass of 6.3 Earth masses, semimajor axis of 460 au, perihelion of 340 au and aphelion of 560 au. The other parameters are generally unchanged. Not surprisingly, a survey ruling out more than half of the most bright parameter space pushes the expected orbit of P9 further away.

A Search for Planet Nine using the Zwicky Transient Facility Public Archive

Based on the most up to date data, if Planet Nine exists, the closest it comes is 340 au. That hardly matches up with Sitchin's claims about Nibiru.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 09:33 AM
link   

You left two out.

Ok. From left to right, the first arrow points to a speck of dust or some garbage that is clearly not like the others.

The arrow on the right points to something that is part of the picture but what it is or represents I couldn't tell you. However it is clearly not part of the other group.

I'm not sure what it matters anyway. As I stated in the OP some call it planet nine. Some call it 10. Some call it 12. No matter how you count the idea that there is a large body still yet to be discovering in the solar system remains the same.
edit on 5310909America/Chicagoam01 by 5thHead because: Sp

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join