It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine Bans Main Opposition Party, Seizes All Its Assets

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

I didn’t say I was “completely neutral”.

I said I don’t like being lied to. Neither country is what we are being told by the propaganda.

Russia is corrupt and Ukraine is corrupt.

Stop waving flags for either side.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

Opposition Platform - For Life currently holds 13% of the seats in the Verkhovna Rada. Zelenskyy's Servant of the People holds 43% of the seats.

Something tells me Zelenskyy isn't worried about getting voted out by a pro-Russian party next year while Russia is actively invading the country.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

Even with revisionist history Ukraine was a part of the Soviet Union.

When does ethnicity matter and when can it be cast aside?

It was in existence even before the russia/ussr to be blunt.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

I'm not waving Ukrainian flags. I just recognize that supporting them now will save us blood and sweat in the future, by curtailing Russia and discouraging China from trying something similar.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

I'm not waving Ukrainian flags. I just recognize that supporting them now will save us blood and sweat in the future, by curtailing Russia and discouraging China from trying something similar.

Interesting from China: BEIJING (AP) — The conflict in Ukraine has “sounded an alarm for humanity,” Chinese leader Xi Jinping said Wednesday, as China continues to assume a position of neutrality while backing its ally Russia.

apnews.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

He got 40 billion right?

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

$60B

But who's counting?

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Ukraine Bans Main Opposition Party, Seizes All Its Assets

eeeh, so how do they imagine they can tell people that they are democracy? Only fascist communists rule with 1 party.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: choomsuba
This is exactly what the democrats want to do in the US, I guess Ukraine is their test platform.

Yes that to a lot of use here seemed obvious (not dissing your comment here with that) but the world view on this that is supposed to be followed has already been crafted through media.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Sounds exactly like how the democrats are behaving here. Disagree = banned / canceled / fired / ostracized.

Amazing how most of them would consider themselves "defenders of democracy" and "antifascist" - while utilizing undemocratic and technically fascist tactics like that.

Darkest timeline for sure.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: matafuchs

$60B

But who's counting?

Thats only the US.

But yea, whos counting.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened

a reply to: Annee

Holy crap, Annee.

We invaded Iraq unjustly in 2003. Lied about it.

We invaded Afghanistan in 2001 and stayed there for 20 years only to leave our enemies better armed and in the loving arms of communist China.

We turned Libya into a massive slave market.

We've been helping the House of Saud murder civilians in Yemen for the last 10 years.

You are unbelievably daft.

Which has nothing to do with Russia invading a sovereign neighbor.

1. RELIGION: late 2001, the United States and its close allies invaded Afghanistan and toppled the Taliban government.
2. RELIGION: During the 1970s and ’80s, Qaddafi’s government financed a wide variety of Muslim and anti-imperial groups worldwide, from Palestinian guerrillas and Philippine Muslim rebels to the Irish Republican Army.
3. RELIGION: United States invasion of Afghanistan In late 2001, the United States and its close allies invaded Afghanistan
and toppled the Taliban government.

Seek and you shall find the answers you choose to project.

I was under the impression we invaded Afghanistan to neutralize the Taliban, in response to terrorists attack on U.S. soil that killed > 3k people.

Their religion is their problem, until they use it to justify violence against us. We seem to have sorted out religion here, and figured out how to make it cooexist with government, so saying "RELIGION" caused the Afghanistan conflict, that is a bit of an oversimplification. ONE religion fomented terror attacks, and we responded to those attacks by invading Afghanistan, which had nothing to do with OUR religious context in the U.S.

We shouldn't forget that we also helped create Al-Qaeda and the Taliban by meddling in Afghanistan, and that had nothing to do with religion (it was to "counter communism").

I don't really get where you're going with Libya. Generally Qaddafi was considered more secular than counterparts in the region. He certainly was a bad actor in the 80's, but had really gone away from major support of terror groups in later years. The past history of Libya backing terror groups is not really relevant to the "Arab Spring" debacle that the U.S, foreign policy makers completely botched by using that as a pretext for regime change in Libya. Now Libya is worse off than before, and we all know whose fault that is.

Taliban = Religion = After the Taliban seized power in Afghanistan, they changed the name of the country to the "Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan".

The Middle East is a completely different mindset from the rest of the world. While they do seem to be trying to evolve -- the situation is not good comparison to what's happening with Russia and Ukraine.

Apples & Oranges

for all the "Armchair Generals".

Um, no. Wow, this is next level ignorance.

Taliban is not a religion - islam is. Taliban is a political movement that uses religious rhetoric and dogma to motivate its members. "The taliban" has become a catch-all phrase for muslim terrorists in Afghanistan though at its nascent it was a political movement by a group of loosely organized religious students to fight crime and corruption. It has since become radicalized and is now recognized as a terrorist entity. Taliban is not now, nor was it ever a religion.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 11:49 PM
link   
SPAM
edit on 6/23/2022 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: greendust

When you can just smell the freedom and it smells like something dead.

I love the smell of blintzes in the morning… it reminds me of…. Corruption.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened

Holy crap, Annee.

We invaded Iraq unjustly in 2003. Lied about it.

We invaded Afghanistan in 2001 and stayed there for 20 years only to leave our enemies better armed and in the loving arms of communist China.

We turned Libya into a massive slave market.

We've been helping the House of Saud murder civilians in Yemen for the last 10 years.

You are unbelievably daft.

Which has nothing to do with Russia invading a sovereign neighbor.

1. RELIGION: late 2001, the United States and its close allies invaded Afghanistan and toppled the Taliban government.
2. RELIGION: During the 1970s and ’80s, Qaddafi’s government financed a wide variety of Muslim and anti-imperial groups worldwide, from Palestinian guerrillas and Philippine Muslim rebels to the Irish Republican Army.
3. RELIGION: United States invasion of Afghanistan In late 2001, the United States and its close allies invaded Afghanistan
and toppled the Taliban government.

Seek and you shall find the answers you choose to project.

I was under the impression we invaded Afghanistan to neutralize the Taliban, in response to terrorists attack on U.S. soil that killed > 3k people.

Their religion is their problem, until they use it to justify violence against us. We seem to have sorted out religion here, and figured out how to make it cooexist with government, so saying "RELIGION" caused the Afghanistan conflict, that is a bit of an oversimplification. ONE religion fomented terror attacks, and we responded to those attacks by invading Afghanistan, which had nothing to do with OUR religious context in the U.S.

We shouldn't forget that we also helped create Al-Qaeda and the Taliban by meddling in Afghanistan, and that had nothing to do with religion (it was to "counter communism").

I don't really get where you're going with Libya. Generally Qaddafi was considered more secular than counterparts in the region. He certainly was a bad actor in the 80's, but had really gone away from major support of terror groups in later years. The past history of Libya backing terror groups is not really relevant to the "Arab Spring" debacle that the U.S, foreign policy makers completely botched by using that as a pretext for regime change in Libya. Now Libya is worse off than before, and we all know whose fault that is.

Taliban = Religion = After the Taliban seized power in Afghanistan, they changed the name of the country to the "Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan".

The Middle East is a completely different mindset from the rest of the world. While they do seem to be trying to evolve -- the situation is not good comparison to what's happening with Russia and Ukraine.

Apples & Oranges

for all the "Armchair Generals".

Um, no. Wow, this is next level ignorance.

Taliban is not a religion - islam is. Taliban is a political movement that uses religious rhetoric and dogma to motivate its members. "The taliban" has become a catch-all phrase for muslim terrorists in Afghanistan though at its nascent it was a political movement by a group of loosely organized religious students to fight crime and corruption. It has since become radicalized and is now recognized as a terrorist entity. Taliban is not now, nor was it ever a religion.

It's on the internet -- must be true.

YOU are an armchair General -- unless you were actually a part of the decision making of each of these wars -- you don't know anymore than I do.

I can read. I can choose which version I want to read. Everyone has an opinion.

The Middle East is a culture/ideology. They can 'tribal' fight amongst themselves -- but, outsiders will never conquer them.

You can't compare tribal/culture/ideology wars to Putin's invasion of Ukraine. IMO -- of course.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 01:04 PM
link   

If you want some real insight on Afghanistan I highly recommend reading The Afghanistan Papers and Dirty Wars.

Both are a deep dive into what a royal # up all of that was.

Besides my direct involvement in Afghanistan on special missions and kinetic operations, I am very well versed in the history of our conflicts in the Middle East.

It's amazing how much leftists and neocons have in common.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 01:15 PM
link   

If you want some real insight on Afghanistan I highly recommend reading The Afghanistan Papers and Dirty Wars.

By who and what perspective.

I'm out for the rest of the day. So, can't respond more at this time.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Just journalists doing their actual jobs.

Their political leanings are unknown to me.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Dont understand me wrong....putin should not have started that war. But from day one zelinski did not care what would happen to the civillians of the nato countries if the governments of these countries would listen to his wishes. He either has no idea about the horrors of war or he is a psychopath.....only thinking about his own situation.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I really don't know if you are serious or just a troll.

Taliban is not now nor was it ever a religion. The middle east is not a culture/ideology it is a geographic region. By your logic America is a club. Europe is an accent.

I don't have to take part in a war to know that the taliban is a radical group of afghani terrorists, not a religion. Islam is the religion of the taliban. They are muslim. They live in a geographic region called the middle east.

This is primary school level stuff we are talking here, and you still don't seem to get it...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join