It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine Bans Main Opposition Party, Seizes All Its Assets

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

But we are told to support Ukraine and it’s getting out of hand.

In my city we have a food festival every year.

Food from different cultures. This year the Russian pavilion is forbidden.

We have very large Ukrainian and Russian communities that have been here for over a hundred years. What the heck are these Russians being punished for?

It’s no better than the Japanese internment camps that we had in WW2.

Folks have this impression that Ukraine is pure and good and that this conflict started in a vacuum and it’s driving the anti ethnic Russian sentiment world wide.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Zelenskyy is the biggest 🐍 in the grass around. $60 billion and nice $5 million dollar mansion in Miami Florida all courtesy of the US Tax payers.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

Yeah that's just a retarded decision, banning the pavilion, because it makes people like you more pro-Russia. I don't think we should cancel Russianness, we should celebrate Russians who are against the war.

I'm not against the war because I think Ukraine is pure though, I just don't like Russian imperialism.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Why do you assume I don't know about these things?

Is it because I don't obsessively post about them?

I try to wait for complete pictures of a situation before I post. If that's not possible, I don't usually post about it.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff
a reply to: Annee

By throwing knives and guns into the alley?

"My Porch, My Porch"

Until they take your Porch.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: JinMI

We dont owe Ukraine anything.

We are a Global World -- whether anyone wants to admit it or not.

When you allow a larger country like Russia to invade a small country like Ukraine -- who's next?

When does Russia stop if allowed to freely take over one neighboring sovereign nation.

😂😂😂

Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, and Yemen would like a word.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff

Food from different cultures. This year the Russian pavilion is forbidden.

That's stupid and unnecessary.

Reminds me of the French Fry - Freedom Frys. I thought that was stupid too.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

This happened in Feb of 2021 and was reported widely in May of 2021.

link

The opposition party tv stations were shut down, then the assets of viktor medvedchuk were seized. Among them, and most importantly, was a pipeline that carried Russian oil to Europe. Within 24 hours of that event Russia began massing troops on the Ukraine border. Russia waited one full year before actually invading Ukraine leaving plenty of opportunities for diplomatic solutions so the problem. Since Ukraine acted at the urging of the US embassy there was no diplomatic solution offered. Ukraine poked the bear with the understanding that the US had their back. When the bear responded, biden stood aside and let Ukraine take it full in the face. Now he brags about how quickly he responded. His first response didn't happen until 15 months after Ukraine acted on US urging to shut down medvedchuks tv stations and seize his assets.

This is not new.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

We dont owe Ukraine anything.

We are a Global World -- whether anyone wants to admit it or not.

When you allow a larger country like Russia to invade a small country like Ukraine -- who's next?

When does Russia stop if allowed to freely take over one neighboring sovereign nation.

😂😂😂

Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, and Yemen would like a word.

When they get over their religious wars let me know.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I also remember something about moderate Syrian "rebels/Jihadists/terrorists" that kind of reminds me of the moderate Nazis our government is supporting.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Yeah, I remember that crap.

The ADL actually came out and defended those Nazi #s as being good Nazis.

Seems war propaganda has made every "current thing" NPC literally support Nazism because Ukrainian Nazis are somehow different.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I’m no more pro Russian than I am pro Ukraine.

I just don’t like being fed bullish!t.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Holy crap, Annee.

We invaded Iraq unjustly in 2003. Lied about it.

We invaded Afghanistan in 2001 and stayed there for 20 years only to leave our enemies better armed and in the loving arms of communist China.

We turned Libya into a massive slave market.

We've been helping the House of Saud murder civilians in Yemen for the last 10 years.

You are unbelievably daft.
edit on 6 21 2022 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Holy crap, Annee.

We invaded Afghanistan in 2001 and stayed there for 20 years only to leave our enemies better armed and in the loving arms of communist China.

We've been helping the House of Saud murder civilians in Yemen for the last 10 years.

Which has nothing to do with Russia invading a sovereign neighbor.

1. RELIGION: late 2001, the United States and its close allies invaded Afghanistan and toppled the Taliban government.
2. RELIGION: During the 1970s and ’80s, Qaddafi’s government financed a wide variety of Muslim and anti-imperial groups worldwide, from Palestinian guerrillas and Philippine Muslim rebels to the Irish Republican Army.
3. RELIGION: United States invasion of Afghanistan In late 2001, the United States and its close allies invaded Afghanistan
and toppled the Taliban government.

Seek and you shall find the answers you choose to project.

edit on 21-6-2022 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 10:34 PM
link   

And I'm attempting to show you what you're supporting.

What about this are you not understanding? I don't support Russia or Ukraine. I want out of the fray.

Cant have that, you MUST choose a side!!!

That way you can fall in line or be a putin puppet. If you abstain, you only exist to imvalidate both positions.

Ukraine was invaded.

Easy to choose sides.

Ukraine was comitting genocide.

Your opinions are irrelevant to me.

Ummm no they were trying to put down a rebellion,like many other countries have. It was perpetuated by pro russian sympathizers.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Ummm, yes.

They were Ukranian citizens.

13000 of them who were civilians.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Ummm, yes.

They were Ukranian citizens.

13000 of them who were civilians.

13,000 people isnt alot when putting down a rebellion that uses them as human shields. you cant negotiate with terrorist. And no most of them were traitors. traitors deserve death. Its why w ehave a law for people who betray their country. Ukraine has a similiar law.

And IF they were killing for no reason why didnt the UN step in? The hague? Didnt see no ICC indictments either.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Holy crap, Annee.

Which has nothing to do with Russia invading a sovereign neighbor.

1. RELIGION: late 2001, the United States and its close allies invaded Afghanistan and toppled the Taliban government.
2. RELIGION: During the 1970s and ’80s, Qaddafi’s government financed a wide variety of Muslim and anti-imperial groups worldwide, from Palestinian guerrillas and Philippine Muslim rebels to the Irish Republican Army.
3. RELIGION: United States invasion of Afghanistan In late 2001, the United States and its close allies invaded Afghanistan
and toppled the Taliban government.

Seek and you shall find the answers you choose to project.

I was under the impression we invaded Afghanistan to neutralize the Taliban, in response to terrorists attack on U.S. soil that killed > 3k people.

Their religion is their problem, until they use it to justify violence against us. We seem to have sorted out religion here, and figured out how to make it cooexist with government, so saying "RELIGION" caused the Afghanistan conflict, that is a bit of an oversimplification. ONE religion fomented terror attacks, and we responded to those attacks by invading Afghanistan, which had nothing to do with OUR religious context in the U.S.

We shouldn't forget that we also helped create Al-Qaeda and the Taliban by meddling in Afghanistan, and that had nothing to do with religion (it was to "counter communism").

I don't really get where you're going with Libya. Generally Qaddafi was considered more secular than counterparts in the region. He certainly was a bad actor in the 80's, but had really gone away from major support of terror groups in later years. The past history of Libya backing terror groups is not really relevant to the "Arab Spring" debacle that the U.S, foreign policy makers completely botched by using that as a pretext for regime change in Libya. Now Libya is worse off than before, and we all know whose fault that is.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Weird how they werent traitors before the 2014 US coup, no? Regardless, im talking about civilian deaths.

Ukraine nor Russia is involved with the ICC.

It was genocide, which is not an excuse nor justification but it is a perspective

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Ukraine is in conflict with Russia and For Life supports Russia , chances are there won't be a Ukraine after this so what happens today bears no correlation to what happens tomorrow.

On 5 November 2018, one of Russian President Vladimir Putin’s closest associates and chief of staff to former Ukrainian President Leonid Kuchma, Viktor Medvedchuk was elected chairman of the party For Life political party's council.[26][27][28] Medvedchuk was also leader of the Ukrainian Choice NGO, a socially conservative pro-Russian political group and partially prohibited in Ukraine as openly anti-Ukrainian.[29]

en.wikipedia.org...#:~:text=Opposition%20Bloc%20members%2C%20Ukraine%20%E2%80%93%20Forward,the%2 02019%20Ukrainian%20presidential%20election.

"Chances are there won't be a Ukraine after this"

Oh STOP IT

Russia had no plan of taking over all of Ukraine and making it all Russia when this started. The plan was getting rid of Zelenskyy, getting rid of their fascist military and Naazzeee militias. Allowing the people in the East to live free and not under fear of living with their culture and language.

If other countries didn't get involved and start arming Ukraine like crazy, this would have been over and life of the average Ukrainian citizen would have been relatively the same

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join