It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine Bans Main Opposition Party, Seizes All Its Assets

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Summit.News

The country’s Ministry of Justice announced the move via Facebook, revealing that the Opposition Platform — For Life had been shut down and its assets, money and property transferred to the state.

For democracy, of course.

The Lion of Ukraine seems to be not much more than another snake in the grass seeking power. Volodomyr Zelenskyy is a dictator and intends to rule Ukraine as an unopposed war lord.

I have to wonder why his attitude toward the warnings by NATO and the US Intel community was so dismissive in the beginning of the war. Maybe Zelenskyy wanted a war so that he could solidify his hold on Ukraine. Now he's talking diplomacy with Russia. He knows a prolonged war would be deleterious to his hold on power and has said multiple times that only diplomacy will end the war. Putin may not be willing to give Zelenskyy his way, however.

The more I see out of Ukraine, the more suspicious I am of the motives behind this war.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

When you can just smell the freedom and it smells like something dead.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 12:12 PM
link   
This is exactly what the democrats want to do in the US, I guess Ukraine is their test platform.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Its been rather profitable too. 60? B from the US alone this year and climbing.

Wonder how much the big guys cut will be.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Hes banned more than just that opposition party.

Hes banned most if not all.

He is a corrupt scumbag.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It was all fishy from day one.

Or is it Day Z..

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Banning opposition political parties and nationalizing Nazi Battalions. That is Ukraine.

You should look into their kill list of reporters.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe

He is a corrupt scumbag.

The Ukrainian current regime had also banned the most spoken language in the country and that is the Eastern Russian language.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: choomsuba
This is exactly what the democrats want to do in the US, I guess Ukraine is their test platform.

I was about to say... isn't that like the DNC (who currently runs all three branches in the US) banning the GOP and taking their funds?

smells like communism.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe

He is a corrupt scumbag.

The Ukrainian current regime had also banned the most spoken language in the country and that is the Eastern Russian language.

Banning books now too. Reminds me of another time period.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Ukraine is in conflict with Russia and For Life supports Russia , chances are there won't be a Ukraine after this so what happens today bears no correlation to what happens tomorrow.

On 5 November 2018, one of Russian President Vladimir Putin’s closest associates and chief of staff to former Ukrainian President Leonid Kuchma, Viktor Medvedchuk was elected chairman of the party For Life political party's council.[26][27][28] Medvedchuk was also leader of the Ukrainian Choice NGO, a socially conservative pro-Russian political group and partially prohibited in Ukraine as openly anti-Ukrainian.[29]

en.wikipedia.org...#:~:text=Opposition%20Bloc%20members%2C%20Ukraine%20%E2%80%93%20Forward,the%2 02019%20Ukrainian%20presidential%20election.
edit on 21-6-2022 by gortex because: edit

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 12:35 PM
link   
It is my opinion that Zelenskyy is using his people as fodder for his unitary political aspirations and the WEF controlled West is giving him too cover by projecting his criminal behavior onto Vladimir Putin.

The WEF is backing him. Anything those Nazis back is likely bad for humanity and we're seeing the evidence of that now.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Ukraine has a Prime minister and a President, I'm no expert on Ukrainian politics but usually ministries will fall under the jurisdiction of parliament.

A quick Google search tells me the President only has any real sway within the ministry of defence and foreign relations, he is the head of state and a representative of the nation, the government and the people of Ukraine.

Five minutes research... Then you could see that Zelenskyy has been a critic of quite a few of parliament's policies. It's not like he solely has executive power over vast mechanisms of his nation. On the contrary, he has very little say over parliament.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Thanks for letting us all know what your political sensibilities are, gortex.

Banning opposition parties is what dictatorships do.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Five minutes research... Then you could see that Zelenskyy has been a critic of quite a few of parliament's policies. It's not like he solely has executive power over vast mechanisms of his nation. On the contrary, he has very little say over parliament.

Seems rather convenient then for him to be consolidating power by banning opposition, killing journalists, burning books, and banning language.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

Looks like he's taken a leaf out of Putin's playbook.

He is a corrupt scumbag.

Again, pretty much like Putin....only he's got a very long way to go to catch Putin up with his personal fortune of between 400-600 Billion Dollars.

To be honest I'm not quite sure of the details around this.
Was this Party just voicing concerns about Zelensky's handling of the invasion or was there more to it?

I don't like banning anything, certainly not political party's, but in times of war everyone needs to be singing from the same hymn sheet.....

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Then why take sides?

I've seen your posts and the fact that you take sides knowing how corrupt the both parties are is nonsensical.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Like I said he has very little say in parliament and there's bags of evidence of him speaking against such moves.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Banning opposition parties is what dictatorships do.

If Ukraine wasn't being dismantled by Russia I'd agree but under the current circumstances removing the friend of the enemy that has invaded your country and stopping them from gaining access sensitive information seems justified to me.

Different horses for different courses.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Then why take sides?

Its indicative of the manufactured consent the media is designed to invoke.

A few here have been saying for months that picking a side would be detrimental.

Did no one else notice the narrative take a hard turn away from Ukraine after that funding bill?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join