It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumor: Putin Has Been Neutralized by a "Stealthy Coup" - Opening Post Updated 9x - Putin Found

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Look, the Russians are anything but stupid. So far, all the so-called leaks and rumours and anti-Putin stuff have been building to a crescendo pointing to a coup. But it seems to have been born by 2 events, the first being the absence of Putin in public and the second the staff leaving the embassy in London. Rumours pour onto the silken threads of the web and now just before this awaited announcement a couple of Russian sources are hinting at a coup by either denying it or by saying some key people cannot be found. Who says it wasn't Russia who started the rumours in order to get ahead of it?

I somehow do not think that Russia would be blindsided enough not to see this kind of thing coming.

So, what if their red line (to borrow a phrase from Netanyahu) has been crossed and they are all in their war room. Remember that experts all agree that Putin can only be pushed so far.

American troops and tanks on Russia's border, and we are believing that Russia is too busy overthrowing Putin in order to notice this and react? Something really stinks at the fish market, imo.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

My understanding is that some media outlets accidentally released footage of that meeting, meaning it had already taken place! If that's the case, I'm not sure how we would actually know if whatever footage is shown on Monday is legit or not..
edit on 15-3-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Good on ya I can't believe that didn't cross my mind just assumed it was typical propoganda, interesting theory though to say the least

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5thNovember
a reply to: Xcathdra

What was the purpose of holding journalists inside for the weekend then? And all the above evidence?

I was under the impression that it was a rumor that no one could confirm.. I know CNN referenced it however they cited the initial source.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   

The information released was referring to Putin's upcoming meeting on Monday. When media outlets contacted the 2 Russian outlets who reported it, they claimed they made a mistake.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Considering the above information, what is important now is to know are these guys hardliners, ie will push for war? Or are these oligarchs who want peace and money?

Agree 100%. The general consensus around here seems to be, if the article in the OP is true, whomever replaces Putin would be worse, not better..

BTW. welcome back man! I've wondered where you went!

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

The information released was referring to Putin's upcoming meeting on Monday. When media outlets contacted the 2 Russian outlets who reported it, they claimed they made a mistake.

Yes, that's what I've read as well. Concerning Monday's meeting, the "mistake" was a big deal because it had not happened yet! My point is, the meeting could have taken place already, so any footage shown of the meeting on Monday could be pre-recorded.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

and the second the staff leaving the embassy in London

Anyone confirmed this ? Or all you got is one tweet ?

If it was true, the nukes would be flying already, I guess.
edit on 15-3-2015 by kitzik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

originally posted by: asen_y2k
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Considering the above information, what is important now is to know are these guys hardliners, ie will push for war? Or are these oligarchs who want peace and money?

Agree 100%. The general consensus around here seems to be, if the article in the OP is true, whomever replaces Putin would be worse, not better..

BTW. welcome back man! I've wondered where you went!

Thanks) left Ukraine last year and have been a bit busy lately.

So the "bloodshed" party and "blood and bubble" party, as claimed by Andriy Illarionov are considered worse than Putin? So if this turns out to be true and the generals did infact take power, can we expect an all out war, or a general increase in hostilities?

I was wondering, its also possible that this could be a CIA sponsored coup, then the outcome would prevent a Russian and West military confrontation.what are the chances that the outcome will be pro western?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Not knowing where the leader is can also be a war tactic. Command and control secured.

The feeling of war is in the air all around Russia.

Poles Steel for Battle, Fearing Russia Will March on Them Next

NYTimes article

“Lithuania, Estonia and Latvia are already getting ready for such a scenario, so Poland must do the same.”

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

I think we're all hoping it's not us, that would only lead to one thing.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Egyptian site reporting that Putin has died of cancer

a reply to: kitzik

MSM is reporting it now, but it could all be based on the same source. Who is really to know?

edit on 15-3-2015 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   

So if this turns out to be true and the generals did infact take power, can we expect an all out war, or a general increase in hostilities?

I was wondering, its also possible that this could be a CIA sponsored coup, then the outcome would prevent a Russian and West military confrontation.what are the chances that the outcome will be pro western?

All great questions we are all wanting answers to as well. If the generals took power, many believe it's all out war, at least in Ukraine....

If it's a CIA sponsored coup, then of course the outcome would be pro-western.
No-one knows any answers at this point, everything is pure speculation right now. Hopefully a real announcement from Russia, or some kind of live address from Putin (if he's not dead/incapacitated) will happen in the coming days..

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface
Look, the Russians are anything but stupid. So far, all the so-called leaks and rumours and anti-Putin stuff have been building to a crescendo pointing to a coup. But it seems to have been born by 2 events, the first being the absence of Putin in public and the second the staff leaving the embassy in London. Rumours pour onto the silken threads of the web and now just before this awaited announcement a couple of Russian sources are hinting at a coup by either denying it or by saying some key people cannot be found. Who says it wasn't Russia who started the rumours in order to get ahead of it?

I somehow do not think that Russia would be blindsided enough not to see this kind of thing coming.

So, what if their red line (to borrow a phrase from Netanyahu) has been crossed and they are all in their war room. Remember that experts all agree that Putin can only be pushed so far.

American troops and tanks on Russia's border, and we are believing that Russia is too busy overthrowing Putin in order to notice this and react? Something really stinks at the fish market, imo.

Great!!!

So, we reach to WW3 of no return.

There is only one major event that can postpone it if not avoid it, the politicians US and RU know it, but they do not use it although they could in the last 2 decades.

March 18 stage on Red square most likely to celebrate Crimea. Someone must show up in public. Will he be Putin, or Medvedev, or someone else? And what matters after all, if the rest are in the bunkers.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   

I mentioned this is the other thread -

With Putins approval rating as high as it is (and if its real) I doubt anyone taking power could portray Putin in such a light that the Russian people would just accept it.

I would think Putins death (regardless of how he dies the official story would be health problems) would be easier to spin and would be more accepting to the Russian people.

In other related news the EU has extended sanctions on Russia for another 6 months.
RT - EU extends sanctions over Ukraine for another 6 months
edit on 15-3-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Got this off a blog but the linked source is 404'd.

Recent terrible news from Russia - a military coup in Moscow on Red Square tanks, Putin has disappeared, Medvedev resigns. The worst rumors were confirmed. In Moscow, starts a military coup. On the streets of Moscow's tanks and troops. All key parts of the city controlled by the military. Built a stage for ad people about the change of power. Who come to the defense Vladimir Vladimirovich. Who will protect the beloved Russian President Yeltsin in 1991. See you later.

Muscovites managed to take photographs confirming these facts. According to witnesses, tanks hide behind tilted white trucks, which were brought under the Kremlin earlier ... APCs not really hide. Number of military rolls.

Recent terrible news from Russia - a military coup in Moscow on Red Square tanks, Putin has disappeared, Medvedev resigns. Druzhbayki pass: In Moscow, adjacent to the tracks, especially on the M2, M7, M8, M11, A103, A104, A106, others marked movement of internal troops of armored vehicles, columns of buses with curtained windows, a lot of Tarpaulin trucks and refrigerators. Many roadblocks GIBeBeDov no / type of our DAYshnikov / ... on Lenin, Kutuzov and Yaroslovskomu highway vengeance darting small and large tuples assorted bureaucrats. On access roads to the dachas near Barvikha enhanced security. Ring / head office there the prostitutes / third day as a patrolled by large groups of combat helicopters Ka-26 and Ka-52, especially areas Odintsovo, Biryulyovo Domodovo and Khimki. Internal Troops of the Russian Federation, a division of the Federal Security Service, are given in full combat readiness. In the markets, bazaars, in some squares observed accumulation of small groups of persons of Caucasian nationality. While behave quietly. In the area of ??China Town, as well as in close proximity to the Kremlin guys have counted more than 67 scattered and parked to the side of trucks. A 9 trucks are almost at the entrance to the Red Square, but imparted to them the policeman says, they say they are disassembled scene to celebrate the upcoming anniversary of the seizure of the Crimea. Drivers of trucks do not leave. In all other respects, the center of Moscow live their "quiet" and "peaceful" life. What does it mean?

The walls of the Kremlin mounted the stage, and, most likely, it will serve as the main stand of Russia, which will be announced resignation from the post of Putin on a number of unpredictable factors.

Consider another option - demise of former President Putin. In this case, do not hesitate to describe a possible scenario, but I know for sure, in the Administration of the President of the Ukrainian develop scenarios of the first reaction and actions of Ukraine in the case of all possible options. Tactfully.

Take it as you will.

AAC
edit on 15-3-2015 by AnAbsoluteCreation because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

So if this turns out to be true and the generals did infact take power, can we expect an all out war, or a general increase in hostilities?

All great questions we are all wanting answers to as well. If the generals took power, many believe it's all out war, at least in Ukraine....

If it's a CIA sponsored coup, then of course the outcome would be pro-western.
No-one knows any answers at this point, everything is pure speculation right now. Hopefully a real announcement from Russia, or some kind of live address from Putin (if he's not dead/incapacitated) will happen in the coming days..

Aha, so if in the future we hear that its the generals, then its bad news. Now any idea who could be leading a CIA sponsored coup? Just curious so when news eventually breaks, we will know immediately what it means for the future.

Its just that i have no idea of internal Russian politics)) Dont want to be like, eerr, whos that, when the names are eventually announce. If infact its a coup.
edit on 15/3/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

If it was true MSM would be shouting about this, not whispering. Such actions if true are very serious, almost declaration of war, considering current situation. Diplomatic staff can not leave like this without explanation, and it can't disappear unnoticed. There is border control, you know, even for highest ranking diplomats.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
1) A coup really did take place because Putin parading around Nuclear weapons is a sign he has gone off the deep end. As the another poster mentioned how an opposition journalist said a coup could probably take place since Boris Nemtsov was murdered. Nemtsov is a former member of Gorbachev's government. So it makes sense because Nemtsov was a lot more than just a politician for the opposition party in Russia.

A few months ago a Russian warplane was intercepted by the UK carrying nuclear capable armaments. The recalling of the Russian diplomats could be a ploy as to keep us guessing that full scale WWIII is about the break out, or leads us into theory number 2.

2) NATO is really stepping it up, they are even calls for EU to raise it's own army to counter act the Russian threat. Things in Ukraine are getting better but still really sketchy. So Putin and his government are trying to throw a wrench in the works, so to speak, by shake things up, trying to get ahead of Western Intelligence and acting unpredictably.

3) Putin had a "stroke." Which will probably be the more logical way this will be played. It takes a few days for the doctors to get a diagnosis on how a person will recover from a stroke the extent of damage and it's all a really nice cover for theory number 1. As if there really is a coup the Russian's aren't going to come out and say "Yeah, we overthrew Putin." It will all go down like A-list actors trying to win an Oscar. If his body guard is missing, he's at Putin's bedside, same with Medvedev.

We will have to wait and see though. Nobody really knows, but theory number 1 with the cover story of number 3 seems more likely to me. Continued economic pressure on the Russian economy will only serve against Russia in a full scale war. Poor people protesting and demanding something be done to better living conditions is a lot more of a problem than a military conflict. That's the kind of thing that lead to revolutions.

With what is happening in Ukraine and MENA with Daesh right now I don't think any rational person really has the stomach for more war, cold or hot and definitely not nuclear hot.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join