It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumor: Putin Has Been Neutralized by a "Stealthy Coup" - Opening Post Updated 9x - Putin Found

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+81 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
There has been a great deal of odd tweets from unverifiable sources that former FSB Chief, Nikolai Patrushev, with the aid of some wealthy oligarchs, has been behind a complicated and intensely stealthy plot to neutralize Putin. This comes amidst at least two invalid news stories claiming Putin has been in public meetings with counterparts of former Soviet states. In fact, state media broadcast news of a meeting between Putin and Kyrgyzstan President Almazbek Atambayev… which isn't scheduled to happen until Monday.

(Scroll down for links to updates in this thread)

And now, some mainstream press is starting to pick up on the stealthy coup rumors.

Vladimir Putin has been 'neutralised' by astealthy coup as rumours about his health and well-being continue to flourish

Vladimir Putin is 'alive' but 'neutralised' as shadowy security chiefs stage a stealthy coup in Moscow, it was claimed last night.

'He is under the control of the power-wielding agencies, who have, in my opinion, organised a coup d'etat.'

Forbes: Can Putin's Absence Indicate A Palace Coup In Moscow?

Last year, a theory about a confrontation between the “hawks” (war proponents, those in charge of the military and security agencies, living off of state money, moved by ideology and geopolitical ambition) and the “doves” (Putin’s somewhat liberal cronies: oligarchs seeking success and power) gained popularity. It seemed to explain the confusing behavior of the Kremlin as it tried to save face over its hybrid war in eastern Ukraine while trying to maintain diplomatic relation with the rest of the world through lies and manipulation.

Several large trucks were parked near Kremlin Square on Saturday morning were fueling wild rumors connected with Putin's absence.

Putin supposedly met the chairman of the supreme court Vyacheslav Lebedev, right, on Friday, however, several experts have pointed out that the footage is several years old.

UPDATES

Massive fire breaks out near the Kremlin: Huge fire near Kremlin, Page 25

Several blackouts of power at the Kremlin have been observed: Another Kremlin blackout, Page 26.

Ukrainian News service confirms a Moscow source that indicated Putin's former head of security has been killed: Zolotov Allegedly Killed, Page 28.

Graffiti spotted in central Crimea reads, "Putin Is Dead:" Putin Is Dead, Page 30.

President of Kyrgyz has arrived in St. Petersburg for his scheduled meeting with Putin, but is meet by the mayor of St. Petersberg still no Putin, Page 43.

Igor Eidman, a Russian Sociologist now in Germany, pieced together known facts and came up with a convincing theory: Putin in is hiding after a failed coup attempt, centered around being framed for Nemtsov's murder: Igor Eidman theory, Page 44.

Russian Northern Fleet ordered to COMBAT READY by sources unknown. Some say Putin, others not certain, Page 49.

Minot US Air Force Base, a key component of the US nuclear deterrent, has been put on high alert, page 57.

Putin is seen in St. Petersburg, and shrugs of rumors: Photo of grinning Putin, page 72.

Related threads on ATS:

All employees of the Russian Embassy in London have left?

Putin Missing

Where Is Putin?

This opening post will be updated as more becomes apparent. These are late-breaking developments.
edit on 15-3-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

+113 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Rumors are now Breaking News?
Dangerous precedent.

edit on 3/15/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+37 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

When international media starts naming insider sources, yes.

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Conjecture is fun.

Stop whizzing on the carpet.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord
That would seem to make it more than rumor. Or less. Allegation I suppose.
I know...line quote

Very interesting indeed though.

edit on 3/15/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Dangerous precedent.

Well these are rumors with real events attached.

Putin missing for 9 days
The Russian flag is missing atop the Kremlin...never happened in 14 years
official Russian news agencies released bogus stories using old file footage to claim Putin is at the job.
Real military helicopters (plural) were witnessed using the Kremlin helipad which only Putin used in the past.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
A third down the way on this page gawker.com... is a photo of a convoy of trucks entering Red Square after the area was evacuated. What's up with all the wilted flowers and candles on the wall in the foreground of that photo?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Why post false rumors? Here's what actually happened to Putin (CAUGHT ON CAMERA)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Funny thing is that the source of those rumors is a self proclaimed islamist Geydar Djemal giving an interview to Georgian TV.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
has it been confirmed yet that the embassy staff are gone? or is it still a rumour?
edit on 1532015 by solentsunrise because: crap gramaticals

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
rumour i'd heard was ol putes had a dodgy curry and has been out of action for a few days due to needle eye squits

thats atleast a believable one

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Some people on twitter are going absolutely nuts over this CNN headline from today:

U.S. Army sending armored convoy 1,100 miles through Europe

The U.S. Army says it will soon be sending armored Stryker vehicles on a 1,100-mile convoy through six European countries to show solidarity to allies in the wake of recent Russian actions in the Ukraine and Crimea that have Eastern Europe on edge.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Claims of insider sources certainly thickens the plot, worthy of discussion indeed.

Nighttime convoys, helicopters... what the hell is going on over there ??

I wish somebody would make an official statement of some kind already !

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure most everything has been conjectured in those original links thanks for condensing them skeptic! good to have this all in one place.

link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
Some people on twitter are going absolutely nuts over this CNN headline from today:

U.S. Army sending armored convoy 1,100 miles through Europe

The U.S. Army says it will soon be sending armored Stryker vehicles on a 1,100-mile convoy through six European countries to show solidarity to allies in the wake of recent Russian actions in the Ukraine and Crimea that have Eastern Europe on edge.

US Army Convoy 14.03.2015

looks like it was filmed from a drone flying above the tracks

+17 more 
link   
I find the overall lack of MSM coverage of this possible historical event disturbing. Is this going to be something positive or negative for the world? I tend to think it isn't good if big money is behind a coup.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Don't forget the Kremlin being completely blacked out and the reports of Russian military units moving thru the streets of some cities.

originally posted by: Metallicus
I find the overall lack of MSM coverage of this possible historical event disturbing. Is this going to be something positive or negative for the world? I tend to think it isn't good if big money is behind a coup.

I found that strange as well.. we see comments from governments all the time lately dealing with Russia and that has suddenly stopped.

If the rumor is true about a coup and the 3 distinct factions wanting control....

* - Military - If they seize control and escalate things in Ukraine / other countries the Oligarchs are going to continue losing money, resulting in decreased funding for the military.

* - The oligarchs could support the military via money / business but only if there Is no war.

* - The FSB is between a rock and a hard place.

If we are waiting for a single leader to emerge, assuming a coup actually occurred, I cant see those 3 factions agreeing.
edit on 15-3-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Wonder if the old Hammer and Sickle will make a reappearance alongside whatever major announcement the Kremlin is planning?

I'm considering the idea of a "stealthy coup" to rank slightly above one of the other popular twitter theories I saw today: Russia is prepping for disclosure of alien contact.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Wonder if the old Hammer and Sickle will make a reappearance alongside whatever major announcement the Kremlin is planning?

I'm considering the idea of a "stealthy coup" to rank slightly above one of the other popular twitter theories I saw today: Russia is prepping for disclosure of alien contact.

Putin could have survived a coup and needed the time to reorganize. That Medvedev guy has been absent recently too.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

What insider sources ? Geydar Dzhemal ?

Geydar Dzhemal is from the same cohort of lunatics like A. Dugin. I wouldn't trust him lol.

I'm not saying that Putin's missing is not puzzling, but G. Dzhemal is not the person who have insider info. He is often making up strange, provocative, bizarre theories.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join