It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swat officer flashbangs and headshots 7 year old girl in warrant less wrong address raid. No punishm

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

it wasn't his job to pick the door he went through. He didn't make the massive f-up getting the incorrect address.

it was his job to protect and serve

all the officers involved , and those across the nation , need to stand up and say

"no more, we will not treat people like this. we will not act as thugs . we will not be militarized. and we will not accept orders that may put innocents in harms way. we will be pillars of the community. the madness ends now. the thin blue line ends now. we will purge our ranks of those we know have committed acts such as these"

or something to that effect. then refuse orders like "no knock" raids and the like.

but that wont happen . they are who they are. criminals with a license to kill and protection from within

they can only be stopped with citizens who are ready to put them down or die trying.

they have the guns we have the numbers..and guns. but it seems little guts.

soon though soon

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: bigman88

As far as the training goes, it must be terrible across the whole team. They had to verify my identity 6 times at the ER to diagnose a sprained ankle. Surely they should at least double check that a violent criminal and only the violent criminal is at an address before they send mentally impaired goons in to blindly shoot into a residence.

Personally, I believe the shooter and decision makers should be found guilty of reckless homicide at least. Also, like there are harsher penalties for threatening or harming police, they should be doubly so when police harm innocents... Actually even non-innocents when it's not necessary.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gully

I really don't know how the guy can live with himself

He can live with it just fine since he doesn't see non cops as even human.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I understand and respect everything you're saying but I find it more than reckless for him to enter the residence with his finger on the trigger. Though I'm sure that's their training so they can get the jump on any shadow, pet, or child that may interrupt their terrorist attack.

I'm not a fan of the defense "following orders" because it's an attempt to remove personal responsibility from an equation. His attorney's trying to argue him being a scapegoat is simply ludicrous. Sure, his superiors should be held responsible for the failed planning. That doesn't eliminate his role. He was there and he pulled the trigger.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
The other officers in the raid knows exactly what happened, would they speak up? Nope.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Eh? I defy anyone in this situation to NOT flinch... What you're saying really is anyone that gets raided by this filth are dead, full stop...

Also sounds to me you have more compassion and understanding for these scummy murderers than you do the innocent victims! What is up with that?

The op is dead right! If any of you are police you MUST quit immediately or forever be labelled the scum you are! On top of that I'll add if anyone even knows a thug cop coward you MUST disown all relations to them should they not quit! Don't even give them the time of day and should your paths ever cross spit in their god damn face!

As the op says, even if they're the cleaner! I don't care! About time these morons gets whats coming to em! I hope this whole crew is hunted down and strung up! Come on americans! Where the hell are you??? You were once a proud and brave nation... Now look at you!!!

I don't know what else to say... I have kids and if this had been mine then I would be on a rampage! You can believe that! Screw the consequences! Every pig I saw would be a dead one till I'm taken out!

Poor little girl... Poor family... I just hope they get some bloody revenge!!!

Time the malitia stood up and actually did something for a change!!!

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
What I think should happen to these animals I cannot say in this forum, I KNOW it will breach T&C but people in the know, know what they need to do

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
This is sick beyond words but can it be seen finally what this has come to? Will leave this and in memory of lives torn apart:

First they came for the homeless but i didn't care I wasn't homeless.

Then they came for the peaceful protestors, I didn't care because I don't protest.

Then they came for someone who was complying after being pulled over for a violation.

Then they came for my neighbors, I didn't care because I don't do anything wrong.

Then they came for my dog, but I didn't care because he was barking, that scared the officer.

Then they came for my... children...

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   

First of all, it is necessary to mention that this death was totally unjustifiable, is deeply tragic, and should not, but more than likely will be repeated in other states, in other homes, devastating other families.

But the thing that really confuses me about this sort of paramilitary action on the part of police forces in the states, is that SWAT teams have access to the technology required to a) Enter a property silently, b) monitor activity in the house using long range microphones, thermal cameras, and a plethora of other devices, c) are armoured and have the option to carry ballistic shields.

Bearing these things in mind, the SWAT teams which get involved in these raids, ought to be able to ascertain the disposition of individuals within the premises (how many are in each room, the level of alertness of those individuals, their proximity to a firearm and so on and so forth), the location of non-combatant targets (like seven year olds alseep in their grandmothers arms), and enter premises without having to break anything, and without making a song and dance of it. They are also very well protected against small arms fire, when compared to the most dangerous people they routinely encounter, and have the option of carrying ballistic shields and shotguns on top of their worn armour.

These things mean that there is no NEED for these insane dynamic entry attempts on domestic residences in these situations. If they had properly staked out the residence, done their due diligence in terms of intelligence gathering, then this crap would never have happened. Furthermore, I think it is important to point out the following. If the houses they were raiding that night contained serious criminals, then the raiding squad would have been engaged by small arms fire before they ever made it to the front door, because serious criminals keep watch, serious criminals are heavily armed, experienced at many kinds of violence, including the use of firearms, and will engage without hesitation if they feel threatened!

THIS SITUATION IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!

If these SWAT units cannot use the tools which we all know they have access to, including but by no means limited to the ones I have listed above, to ascertain the situation within a building, and understand the difference between drawing down on a room full of thugs playing a hand of poker while stroking their fully automatic weapons, and a little girl sleeping in her grandmothers arms, then they should not be allowed to carry a gun, let alone have access to these tools, because all they are at the moment is state sponsored murderers!

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Meee32

Also sounds to me you have more compassion and understanding for these scummy murderers than you do the innocent victims! What is up with that?

My content on ATS pertaining to authority is well known.

My point was that you react in combat like you train. In the case of the little girl that officer reacted to motion as he was trained.

Training for war against the populace is what I addressed, not what to do with "scummy murderers". You covered that.

Good luck "spitting in cops faces" by the way.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
There is a simple solution. Protocol should dictate surround said house. Turn off water outside house so evidence can't get flushed. They may get one flush but that is it. Knock on door and wait for response. Knock again with warning this time that forced entry will be used. Have mechanical robot with camera enter first to look and take any shots that may be fired. Life is precious we must treat it as such. This is a scenario of a benevolent society. Our corporate controlled police state will never do this .

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

No, it won't be. They do this kind of thing and sleep like babies, because they have convinced themselves they can do no wrong. They feel they are entitled to "go home at night". Even if that means you don't.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
S&F

To all the officers involved, "You will get yours soon enough!"
I will break T&C's if I say anything else.

Add: Everyone who flagged this thread should stop watching these pro-cop propaganda programs!
edit on 10/21/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Stories of police brutality such as this really turn my stomach. I feel myself filling with anger. It amazes me that there are still people who do not see the dictatorship that is unraveling around them.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silicis n Volvo

Stories of police brutality such as this really turn my stomach. I feel myself filling with anger. It amazes me that there are still people who do not see the dictatorship that is unraveling around them.

Get's me the same way man.
Ordinary..as in non-police people get put away for far less, and so often as an example against some trend or the other.
This is a trend that's got out so out of hand, and ruined so many lives. The DHS has a lot to answer for too giving out all that military gear, and insisting it has to be used. All that stuff should be taken back, and put firmly into the military's hands..who knows, the way things are, the military might need it soon.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock
How does this end in a mistrial? A worthless pile of garbage shot a 7 year old in the head. There is no possible justification for such a horrific act.

It what I cant grasp.

How did you numb nuts in the USA find this stupid pig innocent?

You have a out of control pig problem over there, time you use your 2nd amendment and turn some into bacon.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I did not believe I was reading this, over in the UK most cop's do not carry gun's but we have already had questionably incidents with those that do, I am saddened and disgusted with the US legal system that let's a police officer whom is supposedly trained in Swat POLICE tactic's, that is to assault and only take out threats knowing at any such situation there may be children and civilians present, that they let him away with culpable homicide, he is supposed to be trained to observe before he shoot's so that civilians and children are not targeted, the flash bang stun's the occupants giving time to do this but he obviously went in with kill on sight orders and is not trained correctly.

Now I know a lot of police are ex soldiers and that bring's with it the problem of PTS making them too dangerous as they are technically mentally unstable and prone to trigger finger jitters so I would want to see this mans record as there is probable ground's for sueing the state if this is the case with him but either way if it was me I would not be able to live with myself after killing a kid.

He and his backer's need firing, the head of his department need's firing and his training officers need firing, some Swat officers from about 20 years ago need to retrain the current batch so that paramilitary terrorist tactic's are no longer used by that police force, look's to me like the US police slogan "To serve and protect" has been abreviated to "To Control and Terrorize".

Someone WANT's war in america, now who benefits from that.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You're not trained to react to motion, you're trained to be flexible and reactive to different circumstances. If we're simply training our LEO's to shoot on sight due to sudden movement, we might as well just use robots. This wasn't even combat by the way, this was a Break and Enter case and the bad guys were trigger happy. Instead of identifying who was in there and if there was indeed a threat, they simply open fired on whatever moved.

Don't be so damn ignorant as to accept this "reacted to motion as he was trained" bullplop.

Autonomy is key in the Law Enforcement industry.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Hmm, seems like this happened back in May 2010, but this is the first time I am hearing of it.

According to the accused; the girl's Grandmother was trying to grab ahold of his gun in trying to grab her granddaughter. When she went to grab his gun, he fired.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
What is going on? I was a LEO for some time back in the late 90s to early 2ks. I thought that was what I wanted to do. Be a cop... In my youth I was surrounded by great cops in a small PD. I grew and became determined that I wanted to be just like them. So I graduated HS and went into the Police Academy before my first semester at college. I was trained to meet with equal force. If a guy had a gun I was to draw my gun. If they had a knife I had OC, a taser and a baton. If they had nothing I had me and my partner. I joined the PD and the faces had changed. The good cops had retired. I was party to no warrant searches and bribes. I saw things in such a little town that I had never seen before. I did not last long.

15 years ago I realized what was coming down the pipe. I wanted no part of it... Just before my resignation and returning to school full time the State AG, the State Police and The FBI shut the town down. Fired everyone but the 4 old timers. Hired a Hollywood chief and restocked the force. Only a handful of the fired cops returned to police work. That Hollywood chief went on to have his own show on TV where he used psychic kids to help solve murders. Since then the town has changed and it has changed for the worse. Community policing does not exist where it should in such a small town. Its reactive policing not proactive. That has been the trend of that town for the past 15 years as it is the trend these days all over.

Good luck and keep safe everyone.

Praise the good cops because there are not enough and I'm sure they don't hear it enough. Protect yourself from the bad cops. If you don't no one will.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join