It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swat officer flashbangs and headshots 7 year old girl in warrant less wrong address raid. No punishm

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: bigman88

And I thought all muslims were terrorists. /sarcasm

Seriously though, police kill somewhere around 1000 people a year.

9/11 killed 3000 people.

So cops are about 4 times more dangerous to Americans than muslim terrorists.
edit on 20-10-2014 by framedragged because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
This is very sad.
I don't recognize my own country any more.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
and yet, according to some, properly trained law enforcement officials ought to be regarded in the same way as high hanging fruit...not a guarantee, only a product of extra diligence and shiny brass kahonas. thanks for that pearl, furry texan.
edit on 20-10-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Let the history books record that American militarized police are the very epitome of a Terrorist.

Can't believe this story is 4.5 years years old.

Disgusting and vulgar display of power.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
Police raids apparently are not performed as a police action but a military action. In a military action, collateral damage in a war zone is expected to happen and is deemed permissible because combatants are assumed to be armed and ready to kill. Perhaps when police go on swat raids, the area of the raid is considered a war zone.

I agree the incident was a careless one but police gunning down anyone that happens to be in the immediate area is the same as a criminal gunning down people while robbing a bank.

The cops can go home safe to their families but the victims of collateral damage can not.

I am not not sure in what capacity, or what premise your statement comes from. It is ambiguous to me.

If the military goes into other peoples countries thinking that any and everybody is or might be armed combatants, then i guess that explains the millions of potential combatants, women and children, all minding there businesses tending to their villages, killed in Vietnam, Iraq, or Afghanistan.

Are you saying that police killing people is to be expected due to various factors that arise during operations.

I think using a military raid with 10 dudes clad in full armor and rifles, sidearms, an armored vehicle on one dude who has pistol or rifle is p*ssy, anyway. A crew of regular beat cops, one with a rifle, another with a shotty, the rest with their pistols, will be more than enough.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Just remember, this needs to go viral if we want to make a difference. This needs to go EVERYWHERE. Put her face and her story on every computer screen in the nation. Only way anything will be done to make sure this doesn't happen again.

because as we all know, this isn't the first time in recent months a dumb itchy cop put a bullet in a helpless kid and ended their life for no reason.
edit on 20-10-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

As someone who lives near Detroit and who has followed this incident from the beginning I'm glad you are bringing this to the attention of ATS.

Tamara Green Murder

DPD Sergeant Caught Wearing Murder Victim's Watch

Charles Pugh Flees to New York

The above links are but three instances illustrating the depth of corruption that run wild in the city. The first link relates to the unsolved murder of a dancer providing "entertainment" at the mayor's mansion which has blatantly been covered up by city officials.

The second, while not as shocking, is more recent and shows the complete lack of empathy or morality by some members of the DPD.

The 3rd talks about a city council member who fled town in the middle of the night after being accused of inappropriate relations with underage boys and failed to cover it up.

I could go on. This is off the top of my head and workint on my phone. Sadly, what happened to that little girl is only scratching the surface of the terrible things going on here. More national attention needs to be brought to these awful deeds which are well known to those of us who live here.

edit on 20-10-2014 by Kgdetroit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

You would think the police would be aware of any possible children in a house before they raid it. I would be mad as hell if that was my daughter and a police officer took her life. The last breath I would be taking is my body lunging at that police officer.

I think they damn well, knew, but their desire for action and confidence in the law backing their aggressive actions dissolved any concern they had.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

But at the same time, two separate juries haven't found the 'officer' guilty of anything. How can public opinion possibly be so split about shooting a 7 year old after flashbanging her and her grandma? How could any jury possibly believe that the grandma went for the gun after being flashbanged?

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Wow what an prick. Thats not even the right word. Just wow. Our country is rotting and drowning in its filth.

I only hope cool heads prevail. This is a travesty.
edit on 10 20 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
It really doesn't seem to matter anymore how many of these stories come out. A daily basis now actually.

More and more of these incidents as absolute proof of a Govt. gone mad and police gone insane with power. Then, paid holidays for killer cops most times.

People keep saying "We must fight back" but they never will is my guess. Because everyone is just scared...Mission accomplished.

I am starting to believe that it will never happen and that the US is finished as a free nation. As long as it doesn't happen on their doorstep, people talk over the water cooler at work, their coffee at their 4 dollar coffee joint and move on within minutes.

If people still believe the police will get theirs, when is that? What is the final trigger? Because if it isn't enough already, what is really enough? What is the last straw that many are talking about? Unarmed citizens, helpless seniors, innocent children, harmless pets...which one is enough and how many?

I'm curious.

Peace

the answer to your post goes something like this:

the time is now.
as long as someone else takes the risk and i get to share in the benefits.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I am saying, in this case, that police conducted a swat raid the same as the military does in war zone with enemy combatants. The only reason I can guess as to why, many criminals today are heavily armed with automatic weapons and armor piercing ammunition. The police expect to have more than a 9mm pistol to combat this and they get overzealous when all kitted out with armored gear and assault weapons.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
i felt i must add to this

wtf i know this is extreme but anything less than exicution is not ok this man needs to be put down like the dog he is

i saw something close to this 10+ years ago

a frind had a cop showed up stepdad went inside to get id and whatnot cop ran after kicked in dook put down 2 shots 1 3 in above a little girls head other in there dogs head back on the head as the dog was running

will say its not so bad hear cop was fired lots of money they got

the fact that it happen tho bothered me back than and now more so

anytime a cop exicutes a child he should be delt a slow painful death ... maby life in prision as a SO ether or there is no justice when this man walks free

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Not sure why the jury couldn't make a decision. Maybe the police department gave them a little incentive through fear of reprisal.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: eManym
My state in Australia has totally split up and virtually disbanded all rebel motorcycle gangs in this state,vast quantities of drugs,money and weapons have been taken by police that dont have anything more than a pistol,major crime can be disbanded by good policing you don't need SWAT for anything but the worst situations.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
Yeah, but what about the ratings for the show, right? Let's keep this in perspective! Everybody loves a good episode of Police State USA.

/sarcasm

PS: I guarantee you nothing will come of this. The corporate fascist powers own this country lock, stock and two smoking barrels and they don't give a crap about the little people like this.

I won't lie, back when i watched tv, i loved me some first 48.

No more.

I try to inform family and friends as much as possible, but most are quite ambivalent, and too n=busy. Some are too entertained.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
another example of the lack of common sense in our world...

Not to mention not taking responsibility either...

Who is to blame for the mistake made with the killing of child AND being at the wrong address?

A very sad story indeed that could have been prevented if common sense was applied...

How on earth this guy gets away with murder is beyond my comprehension maybe we have finally reached that point in our society..

Pretty sad story. I am not a proponent of going to war with the man, but damn man, Lets start using common sense...

Police are here to protect the people not kill them....

edit on b052014-10-20T20:05:31-05:00America/Chicago103176 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

That or they really thought the officer was rushed by an elderly woman in a matter of six seconds, and had his machine gun smacked, resulting in a bullet into the little girls head.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

In a military action, collateral damage in a war zone is expected to happen and is deemed permissible because combatants are assumed to be armed and ready to kill.

Except it's really not. This wouldn't have been acceptable when we were breaching doors in Iraq. Our ROE in country was a helluva lot stricter than our cops here apparently.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
If some pig did this to my daughter...

There is a war coming. I'm not talking about ideological wars or a war of words. I'm talking about a shooting war. Those rambo wannabes better be ready.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join