It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swat officer flashbangs and headshots 7 year old girl in warrant less wrong address raid. No punishm

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Gully

I agree. I have a 2 year old girl and this post made me so sick to my stomach. You're 100% correct that these raids should not happen. Why wasn't the address confirmed? These men who are trained are making so many mistakes. How can the public trust those who are supposed to be trusted? Now we have to fear police loaded with weapons attacking the wrong residence?

Here's a thought....throw some sleep gas canisters or invest money into non-violent technology. Doubtful that will ever happen as it's faster and easier to just shoot and kill. This family should not rest until justice is served. This needs to be taken as far as it can and relentlessly. This is a slap in the face to all people in all corners of the world. We are all human yet we live alienated lives. This isn't freedom, and this isn't life. We are living a lie we are all born into and told to accept. Reality is realizing you are not free. We are all indentured slaves from birth. I love my child but fear for her future every single day.

(post by funkadeliaaaa removed for a manners violation)
(post by funkadeliaaaa removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: IamAbeliever

They are prepared for war..don't you see it...and we are not so get use to it..

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
their will be no war....

Let's use a little common sense.. Two wrongs do not make a right....

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Again , more proof this world

is INSANE

...... and Jesus wept

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: eManym
My state in Australia has totally split up and virtually disbanded all rebel motorcycle gangs in this state,vast quantities of drugs,money and weapons have been taken by police that dont have anything more than a pistol,major crime can be disbanded by good policing you don't need SWAT for anything but the worst situations.

Thank you.

Swat teams are only a tool for fear. They know they do not need to send swat for some teenage bud dealer who is too scared to hold his rinky dinky glock striaght, or a dude who was having a friendly poker game with money in his own house, but they do it anyway to show who's boss.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kgdetroit
a reply to: bigman88

As someone who lives near Detroit and who has followed this incident from the beginning I'm glad you are bringing this to the attention of ATS.

Tamara Green Murder

DPD Sergeant Caught Wearing Murder Victim's Watch

Charles Pugh Flees to New York

The above links are but three instances illustrating the depth of corruption that run wild in the city. The first link relates to the unsolved murder of a dancer providing "entertainment" at the mayor's mansion which has blatantly been covered up by city officials.

The second, while not as shocking, is more recent and shows the complete lack of empathy or morality by some members of the DPD.

The 3rd talks about a city council member who fled town in the middle of the night after being accused of inappropriate relations with underage boys and failed to cover it up.

I could go on. This is off the top of my head and workint on my phone. Sadly, what happened to that little girl is only scratching the surface of the terrible things going on here. More national attention needs to be brought to these awful deeds which are well known to those of us who live here.

I briefly read about the one where the murder victims watch being worn by the cop.

The police departments, all law enforcement departments, for that matter, are purposefully filled with evil, soulless people.

The first one with the death of the woman entertaining city officials was probably a satanic ritual murder.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent76
their will be no war....

They keep pulling crap like this and there may be.

People will only accept so much abuse until it boils over.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: eManym

I am saying, in this case, that police conducted a swat raid the same as the military does in war zone with enemy combatants. The only reason I can guess as to why, many criminals today are heavily armed with automatic weapons and armor piercing ammunition. The police expect to have more than a 9mm pistol to combat this and they get overzealous when all kitted out with armored gear and assault weapons.

Your believing the nonsense spouted by the police and the media. Police really, don't get shot at that much in this country. The police are much more likely to initiate the shooting more than the criminal. There are not enough heavily armed criminals willing to fire on cops that justifies sending swat for every damn thing.

They will not be overzealous if their were strict rules of conduct when it comes to this type of occupation. But they are trained and encouraged to be loud, brutal, and overzealous.

You seem to be insinuating that it is expected, and acceptable, for troops American or not, to kill innocents when conducting there military operations, even though they are the ones invading the country, violently inserting themselves into peoples lives. This does not have to happen. They can get the supposed "bad guys", and leave the civilians alone. But itchy trigger fingers, contempt and disregard for a foreign people perpetuated by the brass, and big friggin bombs prevail.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lostinthedarkness

I honestly dont know if the ballot box can fix this mess.

Maybe it could be fixed in the jury box.

Maybe what we need is a social media campaign to acquit anyone who kills any member of that SWAT team. Publish their names, pictures, addresses, etc. Make each and every one of them famous and make it clear, "If I'm on the jury, I would not convict accused anyone of killing one of those rabid animals."

Shot in the back of the head while pumping gas? Not guilty.
Ran over in their own driveway? Not guilty.
Poisoned by a pizza? Not guilty.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CX

originally posted by: intrptr

Mertilla Jones gave a very different account. She said that she had been dozing in and out of sleep on the couch when she was startled by the shattering of glass and the deafening incendiary device hurled through the window. Ms. Jones claims she reached to protect her granddaughter and made no contact with any officer, according to the Detroit Free Press.

if you reach, you're dead. Hair trigger response to any perceived threats is what they train for.

In that case, the training seriously has to change. You don't have to shoot someone dead just because a movement was made. That reeks of amateur, not a professional.

Do they not teach SWAT teams or anyone for that matter to identify a threat before killing someone?

Identify, not invent one.

I know they are told to identify. But amongst themselves rookies are told, "Look if one of them "___________" makes a move you grease them, we'll back you up".

In the dark and smoke and noise and adrenal… thats an easy mistake to make.

The other thing they are told is go home and sleep in your bed tonight, not a grave.
edit on 20-10-2014 by intrptr because: reply

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: Bicent76
their will be no war....

They keep pulling crap like this and there may be.

People will only accept so much abuse until it boils over.

I wish what you say is true, but unfortunately it isn't.

If it ever reached a boiling point, politicians would step in, head the battle cry to give the offending officers a trial, of which they would be found guilty and sentenced accordingly. We would get a speech from the president about how police need to change policy on their raids. Essentially enough to pacify the nation.

Then... business as usual.

A nation of babies... get pissed off bad enough and Uncle Sam puts a passy in our mouth. You know what they call a pacifier in England? A dummy.
edit on 10/20/2014 by Musing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
this is sick .the police are sic and those who believe it otherwise are in for rude awakening. there are those who believe

You are in control of how this country's law enforcement will turn out. They are your neighbors and part of YOUR communities. YOU DESERVE the police you get.

have never visited a bad neighborhood where the police arnt your neighbors and would never be a part of the community
or those who think

They are as reasonable as you are.

has never tried to reason with a psychopath or a bullet

this girl did nothing . and in truth this could be any of us who dont want or cant afford the gated community lifestyle. detroit is a fine example . those left in that city dont have the means to eat a lot of the time not to mention the means to move

and for their poverty they are treated like rabid dogs . only worthy of being put down

and the pig gets a vacation .

this what happens when you call the cops

"we got a baby in the living room"
"get the grenades"
"pull the pin"
"throw it in the crib"
"blow him away"
"there a homeless guy camping here"
"well tell him to pack"
"when he gets up and starts leaving"
"shoot the bum in the back"

edit on pm1020143109America/ChicagoMon, 20 Oct 2014 21:48:54 -0500_10u by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

The other element is the personality and intelligence of the officers. Police departments have a directive from the government to screen out people who have empathy, or think too much. They higher people with amoral, negative personality traits, because those will be the ones who are most likely to effectively punish and brutalize when nothing warrants that. Narrow minded, apathetic, amoral, authoritative, dishonest, mean people are searched out with questionnaires and training, and placed on an active beat.

i think this plays a huge part in the actions of the officers.... a few years ago i would not have believed someone if they told me police departments look for scumbags to do the dirty work.....from what i am seeing i have no doubt your statement is 100% correct

as far as the OP that is just horrifying and disturbing...i really wish i had not read the story...it makes feel sick,angry and sad all at the same time.... i have 2 kids and if i lost one of them in a situation like this i would flip out and never recover...

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
How does this end in a mistrial? A worthless pile of garbage shot a 7 year old in the head. There is no possible justification for such a horrific act.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: funkadeliaaaa

originally posted by: IamAbeliever
These f#cking pigs are out of control. They better prepare themselves for the coming war.

Troll

How does this make me a troll? Because I speak the truth?

Most of these cowards have never gone up against anything that shoots back. Pigs. That's all they are.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I've said it before and I will say it again: military style raids into homes should almost never occur. No knock warrants should never occur either, except in extremely limited circumstances. First, let me explain why I do not believe in no knock warrants. The idea that a criminal would get rid of evidence like drugs is preposterous. If they had enough drugs to warrant the cops smashing down the door, they aren't going to be able to flush them down the toilet. So what about the idea that it gives the "bad guys" time to prepare and fight back? It is quite rare for a fight to be mounted against the police, whether they knock or not. When something does happen it is usually the suspect fleeing.

What they should do is what they used to do...You surround the house, ensuring nobody can enter or leave. Then you make contact with the occupants, and attempt to get them to come out. Most will, but if they do not come out, you fill the house full of tear gas, and then you can think about entering. It is that simple. By giving the innocent people a chance to come out, you would cut down on these types of incidents by a large percentage. Those who do not come out are much more likely to be guilty. It is quite simple, and this puts the cops in much less danger as well.

And we've all heard of people trying to defend themselves because they do not know it is the police who are breaking in, which is just another reason that cops should not enter without announcing themselves. This situation is so much worse because the stupid police officers cannot even go to the right house. If they went to the wrong house that is just dumb, but if they thought there was drugs or something in the house, when there wasn't, they are especially stupid because they cannot even do their jobs correctly. Apparently there was never enough evidence to justify the raid to start with, and any such evidence they claimed existed was probably a lie, since obviously there was nothing there.

These swat style raids have increased dramatically over the last decade or so, and it can be traced back to the war on terror that started when Bush was in office. That is when the government started giving all this military gear to the police, and that is when the police started acting much more like a military force. I am starting to have the same opinion of all cops, even though I have always been of the opinion that not all cops are bad. But the reason I am starting to lump them all together is because they are in a position to act more than the civilian population, and they do not do anything to help the situation. They protect their own, even when they shouldn't. No honest person should join the police in this day and age. I will offer a prediction for the future. There is going to be an increase in the amount of cops getting gunned down on the street. People are getting fed up, and there will always be a percentage of people who will try to do something, even if they are misguided or crazy. And to be completely honest, at this point it would not bother me in the slightest to hear that cops were getting attacked at random. Of course it will just be used as further justification of police brutality, but that is what we need. I hope they get extremely brutal, because it will hasten change. The people will only take so much when their individual lives start to become affected. So anyone thinking about joining the police force, I would advise against it, because this has to come to a head eventually. There is much more animosity toward the police from the general population than at any point in US history.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

Let me start by saying that I think this a a huge tragedy and think that raids like this should essentially be done away with. The risks far outweigh the reward. There are far too many mistakes made. Most of these SWAT teams are not trained well enough, and suck far too much money from the taxpayer while simultaneously endangering everyone involved (or in the vicinity).

That beautiful little girl didn't need to die.

In response to your question though:

Because they charged him with involuntary manslaughter. Involuntary manslaughter is reckless behavior that kills someone (without any intent) like a DUI, or killing someone on accident while committing another crime.

Of course everyone is going to say he was acting recklessly since he had his finger on the trigger and was bumped (which I don't buy), or that just participating in a no knock raid is reckless (which I agree with most of the time, certainly in this instance). But were his actions actually reckless?

I don't think anyone can say definitively. I don't know how to phrase this without it sounding jackbootish, but it wasn't his job to pick the door he went through. He didn't make the massive f-up getting the incorrect address. An analogy that I admit is a bit of a stretch would be being the guy that hits the button to demolish a building and kills someone because the person in charge of assuring that wouldn't happen did a crappy job. I think he is indeed a scapegoat.

So the problem here is that there is no 100% proof. Juries are instructed that if there is reasonable doubt they can't lay blame. There is reasonable doubt that Weekley wasn't bumped by the grandmother, just as there is reasonable doubt that he was. Yes, the girl is dead and we know who pulled the trigger, but if there is still some doubt the jury shouldn't be sentencing. You have to take two people at their word, and when that happens there is enough doubt. The same would be true if they were trying to charge the Grandmother.

Now do I think the Grandmother bumped the gun? I was going to say I was 90% sure she couldn't have, but I was thinking about how my place is set up. The couch is a LOOONG way from the front door in my home. If these folks had the couch right next to the door, I can see someone being startled and smacking at a gun. I don't think it's entirely unreasonable unless I see a layout of the house at the time of the raid.

So unless there is 100% proof that the cop was negligent (to a level that would satisfy a court) I can certainly see how the case keeps getting thrown out. It's distasteful, but it should be that way.

I think we all want someone to be punished when a child is shot in the head, but I don't think this thing is that black and white. The law isn't about vengeance. There is a reason for these protections. We should all be assured them.

+++++I'm going to use this as an opportunity to say that ALL cops need to be wearing body cameras. ESPECIALLY guys on SWAT teams. They will pay for themselves by knocking out frivolous lawsuits that routinely end up as settlements because it's cheaper than having the lawyers fight. They've been proven to drastically reduce reports of brutality. If this cop was wearing one the trial would have been over in minutes.+++++

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
To the cop who shot the little seven year old girl........
Kill yourself.............................seriously,........... kill yourself...........

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join