It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swat officer flashbangs and headshots 7 year old girl in warrant less wrong address raid. No punishm

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+83 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I wonder if the Americans have finally come to the conclusion that we are resigning in an partially overt dictatorship. Psychopathy reigns supreme in this country, to the point where the common citizen will say that this was the officers fault, and they have to protect themselves.

A little kid? They flashbang and shoot in the head a little kid? A swat team? The more i observe the tactics of these government agents, the more i lean towards the conclusion that the government has purposefully molded police protocol to use extreme violence and fear to keep the population afraid.

The raid team was accompanied by an embedded cable TV crew, filming for A&E’s “The First 48.” With full bravado, the SRT put on a display of maximum force for the fans of police-state-adoring reality television.

Without warning, officers simultaneously attempted to breach entrances of two discrete living units of the duplex: the suspects’ location and the neighboring residence. What occurred at 4054 Lillibridge — where the suspect did NOT live — would be devastating.

In mere seconds, masked police officers stormed the porch and smashed the window of the neighbors’ downstairs apartment. They immediately tossed in a concussion grenade and kicked down the door. An officer discharged his rifle, and an innocent little girl named Aiyana Stanley-Jones was dead.

Amateur footage shot from the exterior of the building shows how quickly the raid unfolded:

From the footage above, the following timeline can be assessed:

0:24 — A dog detects the presence of police and begins to bark.
0:27 — Police being shouting indiscernibly.
0:28 — An officer uses a bludgeon to shatter the picture window of Aiyana’s residence. A flashbang grenade is thrown in immediately.
0:29 — The flashbang explodes inside Aiyana’s residence, lighting up the porch.
0:33 — A pop can be heard; presumably the fatal gunshot.
When the smoke cleared, 7-year-old Aiyana Stanley-Jones was found on the couch, covered with blood, with a gunshot to the head. She had been sleeping on the couch next to her grandmother, Mertilla Jones. A mere 3 seconds passed from the time of the first shouts until officers entered the home. Aiyana was shot in six seconds.

Here is the part that splits me between anger and sadness

“They blew my granddaughter’s brains out,” said Ms. Jones. “They killed her right before my eyes. I watched the light go out of her eyes.”

www.policestateusa.com...

It is fundamentally apparent that it is impossible to be a good person if you are employed as a janitor that mops the police precincts floors. To be employed in any capacity by an organization that allows it's enforcers to arbitrarily fine, imprison, beat and murder without legitimate reason betrays the very essence of good character; you cannot be associated with a group who allows this. You can't be a good person, when you are part of, or employed by a team that coerces money from people for crossing an empty street at a green light or loitering past 8, beating a man because he does not want to go to jail for an intrinsically silly violation, or killing a sleeping child.

Any cops with a good heart needs to quit. Period. You can't be good, and be a cop. it is impossible.
edit on 20-10-2014 by bigman88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-10-2014 by bigman88 because: (no reason given)

+53 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
These f#cking pigs are out of control. They better prepare themselves for the coming war.

+52 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
It really doesn't seem to matter anymore how many of these stories come out. A daily basis now actually.

More and more of these incidents as absolute proof of a Govt. gone mad and police gone insane with power. Then, paid holidays for killer cops most times.

People keep saying "We must fight back" but they never will is my guess. Because everyone is just scared...Mission accomplished.

I am starting to believe that it will never happen and that the US is finished as a free nation. As long as it doesn't happen on their doorstep, people talk over the water cooler at work, their coffee at their 4 dollar coffee joint and move on within minutes.

If people still believe the police will get theirs, when is that? What is the final trigger? Because if it isn't enough already, what is really enough? What is the last straw that many are talking about? Unarmed citizens, helpless seniors, innocent children, harmless pets...which one is enough and how many?

I'm curious.

Peace

edit on 20-10-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Mertilla Jones gave a very different account. She said that she had been dozing in and out of sleep on the couch when she was startled by the shattering of glass and the deafening incendiary device hurled through the window. Ms. Jones claims she reached to protect her granddaughter and made no contact with any officer, according to the Detroit Free Press.

if you reach, you're dead. Hair trigger response to any perceived threats is what they train for.

I see why it happened. We have turned police into armed robots that move from a playlist. Break glass, throw grenade, everyone pile in, shoot at sudden movement.

I'm not justifying it. They train for war and this is what they deliver. War against the populace.

Everyone is a threat until stunned, tased, beaten, shot and cuffed into quivering heaps on the floor at their feet.

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
What a shame. I hope the whole team gets penalized, and the cop that shot that girl should go to prison. If they can't get the right address, then the one who picked the place out should lose their job and spend six months in prison too. You can't just blame this one on the cop who shot the girl. They should never have a camera crew there filming these events either.
edit on 20-10-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
That is deeply sad...Im curious if this was a part time swat team...it seems every county/department wants their own swat team but only offers them monthly training at best after their initial certification...

Your country...take it back...My services go to the highest bidder...

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: IamAbeliever

They have been vigorously. We must do the same

+20 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
What a huge coward to blame it on the grandmother!

Two deadlocked trials and he's still a free man. I hope his conscience is haunted by the fact that he took the life of that poor innocent little girl.

This story made me sick to my stomach.

CX
+21 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Mertilla Jones gave a very different account. She said that she had been dozing in and out of sleep on the couch when she was startled by the shattering of glass and the deafening incendiary device hurled through the window. Ms. Jones claims she reached to protect her granddaughter and made no contact with any officer, according to the Detroit Free Press.

if you reach, you're dead. Hair trigger response to any perceived threats is what they train for.

In that case, the training seriously has to change. You don't have to shoot someone dead just because a movement was made. That reeks of amateur, not a professional.

Do they not teach SWAT teams or anyone for that matter to identify a threat before killing someone?

Identify, not invent one.

CX.
edit on 20/10/14 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: bigman88

I really don't know how the guy can live with himself, he should go to prison for a very long time.

These kind of raids need to stop...it's not worth the risk, there has to be safer ways.

Very sad for the family.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Two hung juries.

I imagine he won't end up convicted of anything. It seems some people will always figure it is sad but OK when it happens.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CX

In that case, the training seriously has to change. You don't have to shoot someone dead just because a movement was made. That reeks of amateur, not a professional.

Do they not teach SWAT teams or anyone for that matter to identify a threat before killing someone?

Identify, not invent one.

CX.

If someone smashes my windows and breaks down my door, I am going to go investigate. I may even grab a gun when I go if I feel I need it. Now, this is my home, I do not do anything wrong, why should I not move if this happens. If I was a criminal and knew the laws about this, then maybe I would not move, but being a honest citizen, my actions in my house should not be the ones being questioned if an evident mistake is made like the one in this thread. The whole event should be examined and the ones who set it up should be charged. If the police are going to do that, which I think is necessary sometimes, make sure the address is correct.
edit on 20-10-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Police raids apparently are not performed as a police action but a military action. In a military action, collateral damage in a war zone is expected to happen and is deemed permissible because combatants are assumed to be armed and ready to kill. Perhaps when police go on swat raids, the area of the raid is considered a war zone.

I agree the incident was a careless one but police gunning down anyone that happens to be in the immediate area is the same as a criminal gunning down people while robbing a bank.

The cops can go home safe to their families but the victims of collateral damage can not.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

You would think the police would be aware of any possible children in a house before they raid it. I would be mad as hell if that was my daughter and a police officer took her life. The last breath I would be taking is my body lunging at that police officer.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I see why it happened. We have turned police into armed robots that move from a playlist. Break glass, throw grenade, everyone pile in, shoot at sudden movement.

I'm not justifying it. They train for war and this is what they deliver. War against the populace.

Everyone is a threat until stunned, tased, beaten, shot and cuffed into quivering heaps on the floor at their feet.

It is more complex than that, dude. Trained for war does not necessarily mean blast anything moving.

There is an element of malice and thuggery at play within the police departments, as well as brainwashing of the population. Military skill and badassery has been exalted in entertainment culture in this country. A fully armored man and heavily armed man looks and feels cool due to it's prevalence in media. We have hundreds of thousands of characters in video games, movies, cartoons, books, comics who are trained in combat or good with guns, and go out and correct some wrongs with those skills, usually involving killing bad guys. This results in a reality in the eyes of too many young males where combat garb and combat knowledge is desirable.

They enjoy the rush of pointing their projectile weapon at a living target. They enjoy firing it (i won't lie, i like guns myself, and there is something fun about pulling a trigger). They enjoy the feeling of going into a shootout, even thought they know damn well there target won't be pulling any of that.

The other element is the personality and intelligence of the officers. Police departments have a directive from the government to screen out people who have empathy, or think too much. They higher people with amoral, negative personality traits, because those will be the ones who are most likely to effectively punish and brutalize when nothing warrants that. Narrow minded, apathetic, amoral, authoritative, dishonest, mean people are searched out with questionnaires and training, and placed on an active beat.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Yeah, but what about the ratings for the show, right? Let's keep this in perspective! Everybody loves a good episode of Police State USA.

/sarcasm

PS: I guarantee you nothing will come of this. The corporate fascist powers own this country lock, stock and two smoking barrels and they don't give a crap about the little people like this.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Reading the article I am absolutely certain the police had to have tampered with the jury's. There is no way anyone could honestly acquit the cop. As stated all he had to do is keep his finger off the trigger that is basic gun safety.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
It really doesn't seem to matter anymore how many of these stories come out. A daily basis now actually.

More and more of these incidents as absolute proof of a Govt. gone mad and police gone insane with power. Then, paid holidays for killer cops most times.

People keep saying "We must fight back" but they never will is my guess. Because everyone is just scared...Mission accomplished.

I am starting to believe that it will never happen and that the US is finished as a free nation. As long as it doesn't happen on their doorstep, people talk over the water cooler at work, their coffee at their 4 dollar coffee joint and move on within minutes.

If people still believe the police will get theirs, when is that? What is the final trigger? Because if it isn't enough already, what is really enough? What is the last straw that many are talking about? Unarmed citizens, helpless seniors, innocent children, harmless pets...which one is enough and how many?

I'm curious.

Peace

America is too big and too divided in outlook, opinions, and morality, just as much as it is too distracted and too overworked to care about anything other than what is right in front of them.

Sorry to be pessimistic, but only a fraction of the percent of people will actually act when shtf, the rest will be frozen with fear and confusion. Talking with my family, that's is the camp they will be in. They are in their own little bubble. I still love them deeply, though.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I confess it is part my fault I didnt throw a fit at the war on drugs I didnt throw a fit at Rodney king beating nor did I march and throw a fit at Kent state or Waco or ruby ridge.

Now I see where my and our shared apathy has led us. Now I see and regret my choices our children and great grandchildren will be reaping our stupidity and apathy for generations to come. I hope they forgive us.

I honestly dont know if the ballot box can fix this mess.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

I think the people who have major influence decide to opt out and do what ever they can to protect their own money.

America is too big and too divided in outlook, opinions, and morality, just as much as it is too distracted and too overworked to care about anything other than what is right in front of them.

Sorry to be pessimistic, but only a fraction of the percent of people will actually act when shtf, the rest will be frozen with fear and confusion. Talking with my family, that's is the camp they will be in. They are in their own little bubble. I still love them deeply, though.

Oh yeah, what bigman said.
edit on 20-10-2014 by thirdcoast because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join