It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deciphering the Pagan Stones

page: 76
<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Wifibrains

It has been noted that these pre cultures were very shamanic and magical in nature.

Some of these stones could be recorded spells.

When using magic, physicle objects are used symbolically in the physical to represent and evoke unseen forces...

I'm pinning this here for now, it's an inventory of pre-Christian and Christian spells and invocations, gathered from the Western Isles. Some of them are so beautiful, they make me homesick for the North.

Carmina Gadelica

A quick example:

OB RI SHUL [152]

(SPELL OF THE EYE)

OB a chuir Moire mhor-gheal
Gu Bride mhin-gheal,
Air muir, air tir, air li, ’s rachd fharmaid,
Air fiacail coin-ghiorr, ’s air siadha coin-ghearr.

Ge be co leag ort an t-suil,
Gum much i air fein,
Gum much i air a thur,
Gum much i air a spreidh.

Clomhadh mis an t-suil,
Somhadh mis an t-suil,
Tri teanga tur nan iomlan,
Am feithean a chridhe,
An eibhlean imileig.

A uchd Athar,
A uchd Mic,
A uchd Spioraid Naoimh.

(THE spell the great white Mary sent
To Bride the lovely fair,
For sea, for land, for water, and for withering glance,
For teeth of wolf, for testicle of wolf.

Whoso laid on thee the eye,
May it oppress himself,
May it oppress his house,
May it oppress his flocks.

Let me subdue the eye,
Let me avert the eye,
The three complete tongues of fullness,
In the arteries of the heart,
In the vitals of the navel.

From the bosom of Father,
From the bosom of Son,
From the bosom of Holy Spirit.)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
This is interesting, and another way of thinking about the double discs. It's possible.

Caithness CWS

Wheels found engraved at Thurso and again at Tain. The author has connected them to Swedish chariot carvings from 1500-1300 BC.

And it seems the Picts had chariots with awnings -taxis maybe - as found on a now lost stone:
Follow the link for the picture...

Laing - The Archaeology of Celtic

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Oh incredible, because I woke up this morning laying in bed first thing, I was thinking of Chariots and trying to somehow link them to the discs. I dunno but it's certainly plausible. Chariots I believe were known to have been used by the Picts, by most of Europe and Africa to be fair, very early on. It makes sense there would be some mention of them on the stones. It's a theory which goes entirely against the Sun & Moon or Equinox idea.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Ramcheck

Ahh, but aren't there legends about the "gods" traversing the skies in their "chariots"?
Couldn't the Chariot link actually strengthen the Sun/Moon connections?

Just thinking out loud!

cheers
G

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   

It does, and I was thinking about Log's idea of the crescent and V rod showing a calendar instead. And actually, Log's right I think, because the Coligny calendar is a lunar one. I read recently how yet another thing that irritated the Romans was that the Picts and Celts insisted on starting the day from the evening onwards. As far as I can understand this is a misundertanding of how they celebrated feast days from the 'eve' before, like Christmas eve etc as we still do.

Anyway, by all accounts they followed a lunar calendar which the crescent and V rod is more suggestive of. Wifi also said that the double discs showed energy and movement, and they do seem to. The other wheel thing that springs to mind is Mug Ruith flying about on his sky-wheel -oh, and Taranis of course, his emblem was the wheel - so I want to have a wee look at wheel stories.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   

The hebrews count days from the night "there was evening and morning, the first day"

Also their calendar and feast days are lunar.

Just another tidbit of evidence for hebrew ancestry

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Here is a zodiac from Beit Alpha Synagogue in 6th century Israel

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/tr532cfb54.jpg[/atsimg]

You'll notice the chariot of the sun in the middle.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: zardust

Do they indeed? I never knew that. I think there are incredible similarities between the Hebrews and the Celts.
Incidentally wheel in Hebrew is galgal (phonetically), in Gaelic (Scots) it's cuidheall. Very close.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

Ahh, but aren't there legends about the "gods" traversing the skies in their "chariots"?
Couldn't the Chariot link actually strengthen the Sun/Moon connections?

Just thinking out loud!

cheers
G

It could, although maybe the sun has a chariot all of it's own:

The Trundholm sun chariot is dated to c. 1400 BC (see Nordic Bronze Age). The horse drawing the solar disk runs on four wheels, and the Sun itself on two. All wheels have four spokes. The "chariot" comprises the solar disk, the axle, and the wheels, and it is unclear whether the sun is depicted as the chariot or as the passenger. Nevertheless, the presence of a model of a horse-drawn vehicle on two spoked wheels in Northern Europe at such an early time is astonishing.

Chariots

Another example showing the sun wheels (as both suns and wheels) from 1000 bc:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Elisha, not to be mistaken for Elijah, read about his invisible horseman and chariots. Well they were not really invisible, totally if one could see them. When he was dying the king himself came to Elisha and lamented saying "My father, my father, the horsemen and chariots of Israle". Apparently the king feared that when Elisha died the invisible chariots would not longer help them in battle.....as they had done....as you will read.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Indeed you'll find many a similarity between Hebrew, Welsh and Gaelic.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   
This video was uploaded today, comparing the Orion Nebula to a "artist impression" of the demiurge.

Just made me think of the Beastie again...

To me it is the same thing but distorted/separated by distance and time. aka perception.

edit on 14-6-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   

As above, so below...ad idfinitum?
The beastie is a representation of the afanc/scorpio, is a representation of the horse-head nebula, is a representation of ....?

I like the way you think, Wifi!

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Really!

Yuk!

Lol.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   

(Shudders).
Oh that's gross!

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Lol, thats just the outside... what goes on within? well, you should see how I cooked up my idea for the beastie...

Maybe not?

Haha.

Edit: I'm joking btw! Lol. Sorry about that. Lol

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Eek! Poor afanc!!! That watermelon was just...wrong! Lol!

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Cu Chulainn, the alleged beheader of John the Baptist, and the Hound of Ulster, was attributed a phantom chariot. St Patrick woke him from the dead to prove to the King of Ireland that God was real.

“Believe in God and holy Patrick, O Loegaire, that a wave of earth may not come over thee. It will come, unless thou believest in God and in holy Patrick, for it is not a demon that has come to thee: it is Cu Chulainn son of Sualtam.”

Now, that thing indeed happened: earth came over Loegaire; Heaven was decreed for Cu Chulainn. Loegaire believed in Patrick in consequence.

Great was the power of Patrick in awakening Cu Chulainu after being nine times fifty years in the grave; that is, from the reign of Conchobar mac Nessa,—it is he that was born in co­birth with Christ—to the end of the reign of Loegaire, son of Niall, eon of Eochaid Muigmedoin, son of Mufredach Tirech, son of Fiachra Roptine, son of Cairbre Liffechar, son of Cormac Ulfada, son of Art Oenfer, son of Conn the Hundred-Fighter, eon of Feradach Rechtmar, son of Tuathal Techtmar, son of Feradach Finnfachtnach, son of Crimthann Niadnar, son of Lugaid of the Red Stripes.

www.maryjones.us...

Cu Chulainn's a strange figure - born with Christ, killer of John the Baptist, fly's in a sky wheel - an oared wheel specifically - he's representative of something or someone.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This is very strange and unexpected but now that I've seen it, I can't unsee it so I'll have to share it!

This is the Wheel of Mainz, from a region of Germany. It is from the south west, near France.

As usual, in European history (what is wrong with us???) nobody knows where the symbol originates from, it may be from the Archbishop of Mainz in 975, or it may be from St Martin. Nobody knows.
Some theorists have suggested it comes from a celtic sun god, Mogons....

Wheel of Mainz

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   

That's interesting....and weird.

new topics

top topics

<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join