It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest…, A Christmas Story from 1980 - Can We ‘Let it Be’?

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

It's a very real possibility I think, unless we assume that either:

- nothing took place
- it was just the lighthouse

Outside of those options , some plasma related event occurred. Craft or no craft.

Although I think we'd both agree hypnosis derived testimony is probably of low quality - Burroughs hypnosis testimony does repeatedly express amazement at the fact the craft was moving through the woods but could not fit between the trees.

That's a tick for plasma.

Mirage, I do wonder what type of natural radiation is so strong and varied to be able to cause Burroughs injuries? What about Warrens? Both are from ionising radiation.Why were his the strongest (versus, Pennistons or Warren), who both claim to be closer?

The power generation must have been huge. Can that be natural?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ctj83
a reply to: alldaylong

.............these are photos from film shot by Paul Bennewitz, of craft over a US military base. Of course we have no idea whose they are or what they are.....

You are aware that Bennewitz was being subjected to a disinformation campaign by AFOSI agent Richard Doty? One that eventually led to a mental breakdown.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Actually,yes, the documentary is about the most plausible and well researched documentary about the core story. If it wasn't for the book I doubt I'd have any interest in the subject.

Your suggesting the 8mm film was faked, staged or fabricated? They are supposed to be from his roof, before Doty or any AirForce involvement. That would mean the disinformation drew Bennewitz to contact the airforce, not that it triggered it. Possible and disturbing in its implications.

Disregarding that changing colour plasma crafts are an unusual and bizarre coincidence. Seeing as both incidents involve plasma based craft over military bases, within a few years of each other - then that suggests a deeply disturbing and unpleasant situation.

A real plasma craft in the RFI less than a few years after this incredibly similar incident that was disinformation? Unlikely. Then both were pre emptive disinformation, likely by the same team? That's a potentially explosive conclusion! The alternative is that the RFI incident had precedence?

edit on 23-12-2015 by ctj83 because: taken to its conclusion, Mirages inference is mind blowing!

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ctj83

We do not know what we do not know. That's why I keep saying it's necessary to keep an open mind to all possibilities and also consider that some of the main witnesses are not telling all or not giving out correct information.

1) There is a possibility that nothing much happened at all and it was all a bunch of bored serviceman goofing off.

Try Brookesmith on Rendlesham

2) It could have been some kind of plasma.

Try Wiki on Project Condign

3) Was it a secret experiment gone wrong?

4) Was it something else? Of which there are many possibilities including ones neither of us can probably think of.

The problem with Penniston's testimony about being closer to the craft is that this all came later. He originally stated he never got within 50m of the craft.

Even Burrough's "injuries" that were based on the Condign reports statement is a little vague:

The well-reported Rendlesham Forest/Bentwaters event is an example where it might be postulated that several observers were probably exposed to UAP [Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon] radiation for longer than normal UAP sighting periods.

It could also be postulated that the claim was settled to avoid a further can of worms being opened. That can may lead to the real truth about Rendlesham or it may in fact be something else that the mystery over the incident still provides a convenient cover for to this day.

I told you this was a complex case

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ctj83

.......Your suggesting the 8mm film was faked, staged or fabricated? They are supposed to be from his roof, before Doty or any AirForce involvement..............

It's a long time since I read up on it but hopefully this is correct.

The footage is genuine as Bennewitz lived with a clear view of Kirtland Air Force Base. IIRC he contacted media and was then approached by the Air Force who fed his obsession that it was aliens to cover up the fact that he was taking footage of top secret experiments.

The whole history of Ufology in the 1980s was poisoned by a toxic stream of disinformation state side that was introduced by the 3 letter agencies. Despite much of it being pure fiction it is so deep rooted that much of it is still peddled and believed today by those who haven't taken a deeper look at the phenomenon.

The Cold War has now ended and so have a lot of the classic UFO encounter stories. Ever wondered why so many of them involved the military and their bases?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Perhaps we consigned to waiting for the "binary codes revealed" ? Or Maybe Halt will one day release what else he has.

What if Bennewitz faked all the evidence? I can believe that, but where does that leave Doty's efforts? Why destroy a man who saw nothing?

The only alternative is that there was some core of truth that required Doty to respond. That strongly suggests a phenomena that flies at night over US military installations with rapidly changing colours (most probably plasma related)

Personally, I believe the only way the radiation injuries can relate to the public RFI story is if Burroughs climbed on top of the craft chest down for a period of time. Otherwise, Warren should have the worst injuries due to far longer stated exposure.

Frankly, why would ET have a device generating ionising radiation. it doesn't smack of being thousands of years ahead of anything.

My guess: A terrestrial based craft with a nuclear power plant, employing plasma technology and a terahertz scanner that is given a lot of power. Or a Hessdalen type natural phenoma that is bolstered by night conditions and some aspect of nuclear technology.

edit on 23-12-2015 by ctj83 because: Hessdalen reference clarified.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Simplest way to check if it was plasma is to go back to see if the weather on the night was within parameters for it to appear.Ball Lightening is a known phenomenon but needs certain conditions for it to appear.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

What a great idea!

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Here is the weather details for December 1980. However this is for the London Area only. I can't find anything for the other regions of the UK. There can be quite acute variations in temperature depending on where you are situated

December - Dry, sunny and rather mild. Mean Temperature 5.9 °C Monthly highest 13.3°C Total Rain 34 mm Monthly Lowest -3.6°C Total Sun 66 hrs There were rather cold north to northwest winds blowing during the first week, and on the 7th and 8th the maximum temperature was only 4°C with some sharp frosts. During the second week it became much milder with highs between 11 and 13°C. It stayed unsettled and windy but rain was mostly light. except on the 17th when 11mm fell, There was little further change through the rest of the month, and on the 23rd the temperature reached 13.3°C

www.london-weather.eu...

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

The temperature around RAF Woodbridge airbase from the 26th - 28th Dec 1980 was around a min of -1C and a max of 3C and then it got milder not dipping below 7C until New Year 1981.

en.tutiempo.net...

I am no meteorologist and have no idea how to work out if plasma or ball lightning was more likely under those conditions. However a number of the servicemen reported a feeling of charged static in the air and the area is surrounded by facilities used in the development of various types of radar.

And on that note may I bid you all a very Merry Christmas!

edit on 24/12/15 by mirageman because: edits

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Merry Xmas to all..

However a number of the servicemen reported a feeling of charged static in the air and the area is surrounded by facilities used in the development of various types of radar.

This is a telling statement and need to be explored into what type of radar or tech that could produce Plasma balls AKA Lightening balls or other types of phenomenon..

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackfinger
Merry Xmas to all..

However a number of the servicemen reported a feeling of charged static in the air and the area is surrounded by facilities used in the development of various types of radar.

This is a telling statement and need to be explored into what type of radar or tech that could produce Plasma balls AKA Lightening balls or other types of phenomenon..

The world's first working radar was developed at RAF Bawdsey . Orford Ness five miles from RAF Woodbridge was a secret research facility for many years. “Over The Horizon Radar” experiments (code named Cobra Mist) were also conducted in the area although records suggest they were ended before the incident in 1980.

There are hints that "Foo fighters" of WWII were caused by the interaction of radar in certain atmospheric conditions and even that this was then used to produce electronic counter measures in the Cold War to fool the Soviets.

See : UFOs & the Cold War: Project Palladium

But that's as far as I am helping you for now and you'll have to do your own homework if you want to know more.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

But that's as far as I am helping you for now

Friends and I have played a game at ATS here for years now: we have attempted, when possible, to put what we thought we knew at the moment in to the most succinct post possible.

I think of it, since ATS provides such a unique arena for it, as the "bullfighting of conspiracy theorising", or something like that.

Give it a try?

edit on 27-12-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Hello Bybyots and season's greetings to you.

I've sort of got as lazy towards Rendlesham as people that hint others should look into things for them. So much so that I am probably tossing small scarlet fish around unknowingly.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Merry Christmas, Bubba.

Your summation of Rendlesham, born of your deep boredom with the subject matter itself, has got to be pure gold.

Could you say what it is?

ETA: Hey, I know, how about this: Do you think that the "Three Days of Rendlesham" could be pulled off today? What with all of the recording technology at hand, for instance? What would it take to pull off a modern-day Rendlesham?

edit on 27-12-2015 by Bybyots because: I dunno: just looking for stuff to talk about since we are at home, n'all

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

Merry Christmas, Bubba.

Your summation of Rendlesham, born of your deep boredom with the subject matter itself, has got to be pure gold.

Could you say what it is?

Just need a breather and waiting for 2030 when I expect the UK Government to produce their 6500 page report - "The Rendlesham Report : Tact versus Friction in the East Anglian Countryside".

Do you think that the "Three Days of Rendlesham" could be pulled off today? What with all of the recording technology at hand, for instance? What would it take to pull off a modern-day Rendlesham?

Seriously? No way.

The base has been closed since 1993 and they now film Top Gear there (or at least used to). So it would end up with Clarkson, May and Hammond meeting aliens for one of their Xmas specials.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Seriously? No way. The base has been closed since 1993

Yeah, but what would it take to convince people? Given even ideal circumstances, in 2015.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Yeah, but what would it take to convince people? Given even ideal circumstances, in 2015.

OK I suppose the best scenario I can think of is to "imagine" it's 1980, it isn't hard to do. The Cold War is still on and something odd really does happen. But technology is 35 years more advanced than it really was back then

On the first night those 3 guys would be broadcasting live video feeds back to base in "Rendlesham Dogs". Penniston's 45 mins of lost time would be saved for the director's cut (i.e nothing). His attempts to sketch in the dark forest would be reserved for the blooper reel. There would be a sequel "Revenge of the Glyph" when he remembers things a bit more and possibly even the "Attack of the Ones (and Zeroes)" when he finally realises binary codes mean something to him. However people would later claim that CGI had ruined it all.

The yokel derby - Ipswich Town v Norwich City on Dec 26th in the English football league's 1st Division game would be cancelled due to danger of alien invasion. Jimmy Hill would take it all on the chin as he presented Match of the Day.

Any civilians out in the local pubs, or enjoying a bit of fresh air from their Christmas/Boxing Day parties would be snapping strange fuzzy light pictures and videos and it would be all over Facebook, Instagram and local media sites in minutes. We'd know almost immediately if a lighthouse was involved.

Any military silence could not be sustained without causing a diplomatic incident. BBC, Sky, ITN and many foreign news channels would be demanding to know what US troops were doing out in the forest. Radar tracks from every airbase and civilian airport would be scrutinized immediately.

Thatcher would be on the phone to Reagan and he would be telling her "Maggie, you can't tell the people....I'll send Ollie North out there to sort it all out just as soon as I'm sworn in".

All it would take is enough media and smart phone footage and the conspiracy mill would run into overtime. But eventually we'd be convinced that it was all a lighthouse and forget about it.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I'm more interested as to why Penniston had AFOSI interrogate him, through questionable tactics.. They've played an interesting role in the UFO phenomenon.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: clt1994
I'm more interested as to why Penniston had AFOSI interrogate him, through questionable tactics.. They've played an interesting role in the UFO phenomenon.

AFOS ....................they made a video about it in 1983.

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join