It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest…, A Christmas Story from 1980 - Can We ‘Let it Be’?

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Interesting similarity between the 1976 Allagash Abducions and the RFI: A round light that seems to be ‘winking’ like an eyeball at times and can shine down a beam of light.

Listen from 5:05:

And compare it to the regression hypnosis of Burroughs:

The light it’s white but there’s lights below it, there’s little lights below it, there’s the orange lights there’s the red light, it’s like the su.. it’s like the sun but it’s not shaped like the sun it’s like .. it’s like an oval shaped thing and it’s pulsating, it’s pulsating.
[…]
Is it a UFO John?
I don’t know, I don’t know, what is a UFO? What is this? I don’t know. It’s not real! It’s lights, it’s not an object, it does not appear to be a solid, total object. It just appears like it could be an object because it.. it gives.. it gives the impression of an object but it’s mostly lights, it’s all lights, it seems like lights to me.
[ A shape made of lights? ]
Yes, a shape made of lights.
[…]
We can hear humming now, we can hear humming now. The ground’s shaking, the ground’s shaking. This is weird! This is weird! Why didn’t we bring our guns, why didn’t we bring our guns! Could it be drawn(?) to us. I feel I feel like I’m being pulled, something’s pulling me. Oh God.
Sgt Penniston, what’s going on? I don’t know – it’s pulling it towards us, it’s pulling it towards us. Oh look, it’s just changed again! It’s small, it’s small, it’s small. It’s small, now it’s moving back, now it’s moving back, now it’s moving back, now it’s moving back.
Look, it’s just .. look how fast it moved back! Look, it’s a quarter mile back now! It’s a quarter mile back now. Let’s go around it. We can’t let it get away from us, we gotta know where it is.
Ok, well it’s gone.
Ok, Security Control, return to base, return to base, return to base.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

I agree that the VA may have paid out to stop further digging. It suggestive of there being something to hide.

One thing I noticed from the archive forum was how little a role Halt's statement played. I also thought the level of vitriol was shocking and disappointing.

I found the following statements by John that seem to substantiate the 'missing time' .

I'll come back to what I see are the only plausible conclusions. That the phenomena wiped John's memories or that a terrestrial agent wiped his memory.

”On the night I was with Adrian whatever it was came over me the white oranges light and then exploded with several blue light coming out of it! This came from Adrian who was behind me laying on the ground watching this happen! ”

”Bustinza told me that as we were running towards the object and I say object for no better word he fell down which I remember well he stated he did not fall but was pushed and then was held down. After that he stated whatever it was completely covered me up in other words it went over me and I disappeared. Well I can remember getting close to it and then all of a sudden I was standing in the field not knowing what had happened. ”

”Bustinza and I were running together and he fell down and I kept running. As I was getting close to it all of a sudden it was gone and I was just standing in the field. I don’t know what happened. Bustinza told me he was knocked down and held down afterwards he stated he could not stand up until after whatever it was was gone and I was standing alone in the field. Halts party was behind us several hundred yards. Halt was the one who stated down the line that I was on top of something Bustinza said that I disappeared into it. I have no idea what happened. ”

”And the night Halt was out there and I was out in the open field getting close to whatever it was there was some missing time. I.e. I got very close to something and then it was gone and I have no idea what happened in between”

Something else has bothered me - particularly the claims of 'get more technical', 'the comets are important' and 'governments would fall'.

I know this thread has covered the less plausible alternatives before, but I'd love someone to explain the following explanations that tend to come from shadowy figures, military sources and experts:

- Dr Bond. Thinks that 'they brought down a satellite' and governments on both sides of the Atlantic would fall of the truth were known.

I'm sorry but this satellite intercept story crops up time and again. It's also part of the Bennewitz legend.

During the Cold War - I really don't see how the public in the west would have been up in arms. The USSR were the evil empire! Also, Why no accusations from the USSR or exotic weaponary and technology theft?

Finally, what satellite control beam could not only take control of a satellite, redirect it and then ensure it survives re entry? There is also the matter of how you slow it down to stop it impacting and causing a fireball.

Did the USSR fit all satellites with retro rockets? It's just ridiculous.

Unless the USAF has a tractor beam this is just science fiction. The fact this narrative has been trotted out for Benewitz strongly suggests it's just that.

A narrative.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ctj83

Yep I used to be a very passive member of that old Rendlesham forum and it was not moderated like this one. Things could get very heated very quickly. But if you dig hard there are some very interesting snippets of information to be found on there now. It is also very obvious how the witnesses have changed their views down the years as well. Mainly to each other!

I don't really go with any satellite crash or indeed anything crashing. Basically because Burroughs, Penniston and Cabansag came back from the forest noting that whatever the source of the lights had evaded them. Next morning there was nothing at the supposed landing site. There are photos to show it. The following night Tamplin gets frightened out of her wits. The third night something is back in the forest (or appears to be) and seemingly moves through it exploding into fragments (according to Halt). I know Reagan came up with his crazy Star Wars SDI plan a few years later but I just don't think some kind satellite fits the bill here.

As for what happened to poor John Burroughs (and the rest of the airmen in fairness, who have all suffered in one way or another). I think it comes down to either an unknown phenomenon that can both create false memories and possibly wipe or create blank ones by interacting with brain waves, Human technology and the application of mind control techniques. Or itwas a combination of the two in that an unknown phenomenon was observed and certain techniques were used on the witnesses to create a corrupted and fragmented recall of the night(s) of the event.

Or maybe it was the lighthouse

Who said "'the comets are important" by the way?

edit on 4/2/16 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   

John Burroughs said it, fairly early on, the the 'comets' were important that night. There is a similar comment from Dr Alan Bond (Hotol) in 'From Out Of the Blue', and also from a mysterious engineer from the Martleshem Heath research centre.

I think the implication ranged from: the re entry of various objects was used to hide the entry of the phenomena to the suggestion that some sort of technology brought a soviet nuclear satellite down in a controlled sense.

Dr Bond warned Jenny Randles she could end up at the bottom of the Thames for investigating the real story behind the re entry.

It's the same basic story that you can find in Project Beta. That lasers were used to control soviet satellites and control re rentry.

For such a top secret technology, it seems to leak out too easily.

It's not that I doubt some aspect of it exists, I believe that the satellite control, not the controlled rentry part is true. However, we'd be talking about a technology that can slow down a satellite and land it without rentry dmanage.

Plus, what satellite also has the fuel and capability to fly around on earth?

And why does a satellite need such a light show?

I guess what I'm saying is, assuming the technology is either real and top secret, or is partially fictitious, why do multiple sources in both the RFI and Bennewitz affair reference it?

I don't feel it's a valid explanation of RFI but the fact it keeps being dragged out to 'explain' things is interesting.
edit on 5-2-2016 by ctj83 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-2-2016 by ctj83 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

John Burroughs said it, fairly early on, the the 'comets' were important that night. There is a similar comment from Dr Alan Bond (Hotol) in 'From Out Of the Blue', and also from a mysterious engineer from the Martleshem Heath research centre.

I've either forgotten this or more likely never heard this before. But I have no idea what it means.

Dr Bond warned Jenny Randles she could end up at the bottom of the Thames for investigating the real story behind the re entry. It's the same basic story that you can find in Project Beta. That lasers were used to control soviet satellites and control re rentry. For such a top secret technology, it seems to leak out too easily.......

The re-entry of what though? The first night saw the upper stage of the Soviet Cosmos 749 satellite rocket booster fall to earth and burn up. But the satellite itself had been operational since 1975 and come down in September of 1980.

Plus any laser technology (even now) is still not known to be able to bring down and take control of a satellite. Let alone, as you say, to instigate a controlled landing in earth's gravity.

Do you think the early reports about Rendlesham (and Bennewitz) from the 1980s to early 1990s were all part of the disinformation programme that seemed to pollute ufology at that time? Strange that Americans were the ones involved in at all. Meanwhile the British MoD stood to one side with apparently no concerns about the defence of the realm. No RAF jets were scrambled on any of the nights. In fact not one of our military boys got involved at all just a few good old British Bobbies.

I am not really actively researching Rendlesham but your enthusiasm keeps me coming back to it.

I noticed this news cutting I have on file from Oct 1983, News of the World. It mainly deals with the musings of Art Wallace (a pseudonym for Larry Warren)

Click on this thumbnail for a larger and slightly more legible version

But mysteriously it says :

....A colleague John Burroughs who also witnessed the landing of the brightly lit craft, had never existed either according to Air Force records.....

So it seems that John Burroughs Air Force records, if the report is correct, were being tampered with or removed in the 1980s well before any claim to the VA was made.

I must have missed that one somewhere in the 30 odd years since that story came out. It suggests that something was being covered up. But what?

edit on 5/2/16 by mirageman because: added thumbnail

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I have no idea what it means either...

Do you think the early reports about Rendlesham (and Bennewitz) from the 1980s to early 1990s were all part of the disinformation programme that seemed to pollute ufology at that time? Strange that Americans were the ones involved in at all.

I think they come from the same playbook. Both share people with extra ordinary claims, claims of a hoax, the possible involvement of directed energy weapons, rumours of satellite re entry systems, nuclear weapons storage. Also, the phenomena photographed by Bennewitz matches the craft Larry describes and AllDaylong relates.

I'm not entirely sure that the MOD were as uninvolved or as unconcerned as was made out.

That doesn't mean something didn't happen, obviously all that effort was required to cover something up.

I also think it connects to Berwyn.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I think that Burroughs and Warren's statements were the ones that they most wanted to discredit. Personally, I think Halt knows far more than he tells but he doesn't want to break any oaths.The explosion of odd 'technical' narratives early on are bizarre: satellite tractor beams, RPV F117as with a ton of lights, nuclear bomb trigger experiments, apollo boiler plates, over the horizon radar etc, etc. If this were Berwyn, with is muddling and wrong mountains, I'd look for a Doty or Moore character. Does RFI not need such a character because the witnesses play those roles inadvertently?

Or is there a Doty & Or Moore type character who made a faustian pact?

I almost wonder if "APEN" was given Berwyn as a payoff for clamping down on RFI. This is essentially the deal Moore was hoping for, I believe? Spreading disinformation, to get upstream in the control mechanism (get the real story).

There are two worthy aspects of investigation in RFI, to me:

- What actually happened
- What the coverup entailed and why it was needed.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I think that Burroughs and Warren's statements were the ones that they most wanted to discredit. Personally, I think Halt knows far more than he tells but he doesn't want to break any oaths.

I agree totally with that. Although I think his intolerance of Larry Warren is also based around Larry blowing the story wide open and probably harming his promotion prospects. He never made it beyond Colonel. Why he tried to keep John Burroughs out of the way is a key question.

APEN is a very murky part of the UFO subject that I have left out of this thread. Mainly because any involvement seems to be on the far periphery. Although I guess it is also worth considering that a number of Britain's most mystifying and highest profile cases occurred in the mid 70s - early 1980s period. ( i.e Berwyn, Broadhaven, Dechmont Law, Alan Godfrey and Rendlesham).

There are two worthy aspects of investigation in RFI, to me:
- What actually happened
- What the coverup entailed and why it was needed.

Indeed. Unfortunately it is becoming the modern day Roswell with new layers of mythology added as the years pass. If we are to ever find out what happened then I think we need something beyond anecdotal evidence.

edit on 6/2/16 by mirageman because: correction

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Slightly off topic but do any of you know of any good DVDs that I can buy?
I've found a good place for cheap stuff and got thirty new discs on various UFO topics.
Most of them include RFI and have interviews with those involved but none are specifically about this event.

I can't spend hours on you tube so its frustrating seeing clips posted.

I'd like to see the whole thing and I'm a bit OCD about collecting stuff.
If its really good, I don't mind paying full price but I'd be happier if it was recommended.

I was hoping there would be something on the market to watch after the recent books.
Thank you.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Personally, I'd like to see a fully comprehensive book written that brings together all of the various sources and interviews.

I'd honestly say that Mark Pilkington or MirageMan would be the ideal author.

I'm fairly certain that this book is already being do authored by one of the 'players' and it will be interesting to see how much it takes from the RFI threads here.

I also think that it could benefit from a well produced documentary. I honestly think Richard D Hall could do a great job in terms of content and investigation.

Having said that, I think that's it's commercially viable to professionally produce a 1-3 hour documentary series on the RFI.

Until there is some sort of breakthrough though, I'd be holding off on that.

edit on 6-2-2016 by ctj83 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

The only DVD I have on Rendlesham is part of an Unsolved Mysteries set "Unsolved Mysteries" and will only play on Region 1 or region free players. To be honest I don't even know if it's still available. The market for UFO DVDs has virtually collapsed unfortunately unless it's a Hollywood sci-fi blockbuster.

I am assuming you are from Britain or Ireland but apologies if I am wrong

Unsolved Mysteries is also still shown on CBS Reality on Freeview and the episode is called "Bentwaters UFO". It may turn up one day so keep an eye on their TV listings.

If you have cable/satellite then H2 occasionally show UFO Files - "Britain's Roswell" concerning Rendlesham.

But the best source I am afraid is Youtube.

Here are (in my opinion) some of the better videos on Rendlesham...

UFO Files - Britain's Roswell

Invasion at Rendlesham

Strange But True - Rendlesham

There are ways of watching Youtube on TV (via smart TV, DVD player or Amazon Fire Stick). Converting YT video onto DVD or even memory stick is another option but you have to wise up as to what you are doing.

If you have a smartphone or tablet then this is probably the easiest way to watch the above videos without too much fiddling about.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Just to make it clear (despite the ATS moniker) I have nothing to do with Mark Pilkington. Plus I don't have any real ambition to write a book about Rendlesham (or anything else) . Most of what I have pulled from other sources now resides in this thread or it's spin-off thread "US DoD have confirmed the UFO phenomenon is real" .

From what I've heard Jim Penniston is going to put out a book on his "Binary Code Revelations". Charles Halt has been rumoured to be penning a book/movie script for a while but it's never materialised. I think the next stage now in this incident is for the MoD to release the remaining documents that refer to the incident and the UK policy on UFOs

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I think it's interesting to look at what APEN said and when, as I'm fairly sure they were more involved in the RFI than it appears.

I don't believe that they were simply a right wing, ufo group that were attempting to fracture other ufo groups and bring them together under APEN banner.

It's more likely, that the outlandish theatrics were performing the same function as the alien video transmissions in Bennewitz. Extreme distraction to hide the agenda.

Why might this matter for the RFI?

Here is my current theory.

Remember that Dot Street and Brenda Butler were first on the scene. Later, they are joined by Jenny Randles. She is contacted by APEN and told that it relates to a brown bear. This a is downed Russian satellite. I've also heard a rumour that they suggested it was a missle.

That was their sum total of contribution. Hardly seems worth bothering, versus the way they turned around Berwyn.

Could anyone clarify if the APEN Berwyn revelation came befor or after the RFI. How close were they, time wise?

One other thing, I'd love Jenny to clarify is that before the Halt tape was released, she was given reports of what it contained.

Apparently, this tape was edited but the end of one section ended with Halt saying "My God, it's a M..."

Jenny suggests it sounds identical to machine - but it cut off.

I've never been clear, if this was something that was heard by her or related to her in a very convincing way.

I can only assume one of two things:

1) that was part of the tape and the edit was edited
2) that it was intentional disnformation

I'm a strong believer that it is these odd threads, that really don't fit, that when pulled can unravel parts of the RFI mystery and suggest new avenues of research.

We're talking probabilities of course but I tend to believe that both nature and man made events generally follow the path of least resistance.

For instance, my radiation thread where I now feel I can say with some certainty, whatever it was - John was in less than a meter of it. Also, that it featured ELF, Terehertz waves and possibly microwaves.

Of course, Bedlam is steadfast that only classical physics is right and John's injuries cannot be from non ionising radiation.

That leaves us with an intentional misdirection by Condign, Kit Green, and the LIC spectrum paper I found. Such a coverup would only be to hide the fact it was an ionising source of radiation.

Ionising source of radiation and a coverup says broken arrow or a phenomena powered by a small nuclear reactor.

It literally boils down to ionising or non ionising - classical physics holds and there was nuclear incident. Or classical physics does not hold, the above sources are correct and non ionising phenomena is what happened.

To try and place the RFI phenomena out of that binary, requires too many steps to be likely.

Of course that doesn't tell us what the RFI was. I do wonder if early sources of disnformation can be used to eliminate certain options.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Thanks for those. I'll try to watch them but I'm relying on just a phone I'm afraid.
I don't have a PC in the house for various reasons so I do miss out sometimes. A new documentary certainly would be welcome.

Yes I'm in Blighty so region 2 or 0. I've seen the unsolved mysteries one for sale but region 1 so I keep saying "Doh!". Will keep looking.

A new book would be good but I'm still catching up.My copy of Skycrash went walkies years ago along with many other lost books. Where do they all go?

Anyway, thanks again and ctj83. I'll keep looking.

Now back to catching up.
Cheers.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   

I meant you would be a great author for your depth of knowledge of the the RFI. Mark did an awesome job on the book, so he would be good as an alternative.

I don't suppose you know when the final 18 (I think) are going to be released? I thought it was supposed to be early 2016?

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ctj83

I meant you would be a great author for your depth of knowledge of the the RFI. Mark did an awesome job on the book, so he would be good as an alternative.

I don't suppose you know when the final 18 (I think) are going to be released? I thought it was supposed to be early 2016?

Ha I thought you were confusing me with having something to do with Mark Pilkington! Doh!

Anyway I am not sure we have the need for another Rendlesham book just yet. What with Peter Robbins "Halt in Woodbridge" following his free Deliberate Deception and the existing "Encounter in Rendlesham Forest", "You Can't Tell the People" or "Left at East Gate" still all available in one form or another.

The "final" files from the MoD are due to be released any time soon according to the last update : www.parliament.uk...

But as ever with government documents they could well be delayed again.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I'm pursuing a slightly different research angle at the moment. Essentially, disinformation narratives. I'm fairly sure that Apen played in a role in both Berwyn and the RFI.

Firstly, they played no real role in any other cases. Secondly, both times they attempted to communicate with Jenny Randles.

With Berwyn, APEN seemed to have a detailed understanding the reinvigorated the case. They also pushed the crash retrieval angle, which ties in with the Photoflash hoax.

In RFI, they gave very little detail apart from telling Jenny to look for a 'broken bear'.

Why so much on one case and so little on the RFI? My suspicion is that they either attempted to spread more on RFI and were rebuffed or the APEN identity was just another front for a general disinformation program.

Anyway back to my current research. Do you know who came up with the alias Art Wallace? I know a friend of Halts son claimed to have invented all of the characters - but he seemed unaware the event happened and the participants were real?

So where did Art Wallace originate?

edit on 12-2-2016 by ctj83 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Do you know who came up with the alias Art Wallace? I know a friend of Halts son claimed to have invented all of the characters - but he seemed unaware the event happened and the participants were real? So where did Art Wallace originate?

Halt's son's friend is way off and hasn't a clue. The alias was invented by researcher Barry Greenwood for a book he co-authored with Larry Fawcett called Clear Intent.

Source : www.tinyurl.com...

From Larry Warren's book Left at East Gate

I haven't really looked into the APEN angle so best of luck with that research.

(ETA : I notice the online link above calls Jenny Randles, Jenny Randies. Oh well she was once Christopher Randles as well so I guess it got confusing!)
edit on 13/2/16 by mirageman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Re Left at east gate

Just got a second hand copy online. Seller says its signed by both authors so I'll get it double checked for radiation.
Not a starstruck fan or anything but no one else bid so it was pretty cheap. I'm sure it'll have some novelty value one day to a collector.
Sky crash will not be so easy to replace.
Never lend books out folks!
Ordered a few more while I was at it so more catching up to do.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Left At East Gate is an interesting read. It's also a very personal human story from Larry Warren. You'll have to sift through it yourself to decide where the truths and untruths lie. I'd place it up there with Georgina Bruni's 'You Can't Tell the People'. "Encounter in Rendlesham Forest" the most recent release (if we exclude Peter Robbins "Halt at Woodbridge") is full of obvious compromises made between the co-authors and it's lack of references.

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join