It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest…, A Christmas Story from 1980 - Can We ‘Let it Be’?

page: 114
<< 111  112  113    115  116  117 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

If either are correct, where did Burroughs really get his injuries?
a reply to: ctj83

And a BIG

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: infomaniachousewife

I only caught a part of that show. It was boring as hell to be honest and served little purpose. Although we did get mention for ATS on the show. Not a good one!

I guess all the sarcastic and satirical comments touched a nerve! But the interview was pointless. Stevie Ray, John & Yoko, Ringo were all name checked as good friends. May Pang was even dating our friend in 1988!

Here's a link to a piece written about that liaison : There’s UFOs Over New York and John Lennon Wasn’t Too Surprised

.......In the summer of 1988 I had an opportunity to speak with May Pang about her and Lennon’s experience while sitting in her New York city apartment,

Finally Bob Gruen arrived and John told the photographer what had transpired. Gruen......asked him " did you call the newspaper?" and he said "I’m not going to call up the newspaper and say, This is John Lennon and I saw a flying saucer last night"

No but he went on TV and also phoned the local radio station.

.........May replied "Oh no, 74 wasn’t John’s first sighting". "In fact he told me that more than once he suspected he had been "abducted" as a child back in Liverpool!" "And he felt that experience was responsible for making him feel different from other people for the rest of his life". "Abducted" I said. "You mean by aliens?" May Pang answered. "Yes, but John didn’t go into detail about it". I was stunned, but that’s another story…

Back in 1974 there was only really the Villas Boas and the Hills case that were known. So make of that what you will.

I'm pretty much done with all this peripheral Warren stuff now. He's certainly a Walter Mitty type character and unfortunately whilst people give him a platform he will continue to spout off. But the core of the story remains fairly consistent even if we ignore any of his claims.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

I heard the second half.
It wasn't a particularly pleasant evening in.
I suppose its understandable that he's not a happy bunny but its not really changed my mind about anything.

Also I looked in on the radio hosts own video of a trip round the forest.
Its long so I haven't finished it all yet but its a bit of fun that I'll come back to.
He's a likeable enough chap and there's some guests along for the stroll.
edit on 22-7-2016 by Tulpa because: Its a m

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

For anyone who wants to put themselves through the whole thing it. It's here:

www.spreaker.com...#

The host Ben Emlyn-JOnes did a fairly good job on that Rendlesham video. I don't know much about him to be honest.

But spending a whole hour (actually it must have been longer than that) attacking one of our fellow ATS members! Really? I would have thought anyone would have better things to spend their time doing.

Although I haven't started yet I am going to look at any possible connections between secret technology, the Bennewitz case and then the Cash-Landrum case that occurred just days after the RFI. With a few other things thrown in.

It may go nowhere. But the journey can be interesting.
edit on 22/7/16 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

Welcome back after 2 and a half years.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Its not very enlightening.

Cash Landrum has been mentioned in connection with RFI but memory fails (and battery) right now.

There were rumours that it was a DeLorean that took off in Texas and crashed in Rendlesham but I wouldnt take that too seriously.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Why thank you Mirageman.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Dr Alan Bond believed they were connected.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: infomaniachousewife

Personally this is pretty much how I see the Rendlesham event happening.

This was a joint British-U.S. intelligence operation using at least one robotic vehicle capable of generating a very bright plasma field that blocked out viewing of the vehicle at night. This vehicle may have been delivered and recovered by aircraft or a ship at sea.

The operation was to serve several purposes. A field test of delivery, flight control and recovery of vehicle under cover of darkness. Creation of confusion, distraction and duress to test physical and psychological vulnerabilities of a strategic NATO base. Evaluate potential uses of this technology in operations against unfriendly targets. Further the UFO and nuke bases meme as a possible cover for this and other operations. The event would present counter intelligence agents an opportunity to track down sources of leaked information and identify persons or agents seeking unauthorized information.

The possibility of Airmen leaving the base and coming in direct contact with the vehicle may not have been foreseen.

I highly recommend Sacha Christie's blogs. Also recommended from Amazon are Greg Bishop's book Project Beta and Greg Valdez's book Dulce Base for a close look at complex intelligence operations involving UFOs.

edit on SatpmvAmerica/Chicago1132016607pm7 by DaveBowman because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Alan Bond is certainly an enigma. What he told me on the phone that he 'believed' in 1984 was not what he would say on camera when he agreed to take part on our 'Strange But True?' episode 11 years later. And since then he has told Dr Dave Clarke that his conversation with me about the case was at least in part 'a joke'. Though not clear exactly what part.

So, as with so many things about this case, one step forward and two back resulting in confusion rather than clarity.

Though (as I said in in the thread about APEN) I do think Ralph Noyes - given his perspective from within the upper echelons of the MoD - had very interesting thoughts on this angle. Even though he wrote them up as fiction.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Jayceedove

Thanks for clarifying that Jenny. Have you ever looked at some of the paper's he has written? A lot of them are around space and in many ways are 'extra terrestrial. If memory serves, didn't Alan initially get drawn into this because he though the re entry path for Cosmos was wrong?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Jayceedove

HI Jenny (again)!

Did you ever get the impression in your dealings with Colonel Halt that he was holding things back or even feeding false information?

The reason I ask is that :

i) He claims he was never debriefed on the RFI but felt he could debrief some of the men involved.

ii) The statements he took indicated that there was a beacon (or lighthouse) but Halt never acknowledged that this played 'any' part at all in confusing the men. (At least I don't think he has).

iii) He has remained tight lipped about the night of 26th/27th Dec until recently although claims he knew nothing about it until 6 or 7 years ago! The night when Bonnie Tamplin had suffered a trauma after experiencing something fly through her vehicle out in the forest. There is a comment by Ted Conrad that places Halt out investigating that night.

iv) On the night of the 27t/28th Dec Halt spends some 4 hours out in the forest and has since described all sorts of phenomena in the sky above his bases and that 'sensitive' ordnance was probed by a beam of light from an unknown source. But whenever he's asked why he didn't do anything more than walk, and occasionally talk into his tape recorder, he seemingly deferred to lower ranks further away and issued no alert nor call for further support. So was it really that important?

v) His memo has the wrong dates on it. He waited two weeks to send it and despite his protest no one did anything in the MoD he didn't actually ask them to do anything in the letter.

vi) Despite being Deputy Base Commander he claims all sorts of people were involved in interrogating his men. But he claims to have been totally out of the loop and was not informed what was going on.

There's more of course.

I'm not actually interested in Halt's replies to those issues. But more as to whether you think he has been deceiving everyone about elements of the case?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Don't forget:

Halt:

1) Told the Skycrash Crew that one of the men climbed on top of the craft!
2) Told them to think more technically and to look for a Brown Bear
3) Told them he could see if they were recording his conversations
4) Was asked "what fell from an aircraft that had to be covered up" and replied "no comment"

Most recently, Halt has said on audio, and in a written statement that the RFI involved "structured craft" that he believes were not of this world. I've also heard him say that if people knew what happened it would destroy their perception of reality...

He certainly played games with the Skycrash authors, including Jenny.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Col. Halt appears to have been trying to steer the story from the beginning. This is part of an open letter by John Burroughs that address Charles Halt July 2009.

Over the years I have been told you have tried to keep me out of different shows about Bentwaters, for example the ABC, SciFi and History Channel productions. I was told by the producers you had no idea how to get hold of me, yet you were working with Jim Penniston who had all my contact details and he passed them on to you.

With regard to the movie Out of the Blue produced and directed by Mr. James Fox, you told him I was not out with you on the third night. Col. Halt when I first went public with my experience stating I was involved in the first and third night, you said I was never involved at all in the third night. Well your tape proved that I was. You then said I never came forward and met up with you. However, I have a taped interview where you state that I did indeed come forward and met up with your group.

I have been told that your reasoning was that I was loose cannon and would talk too much to the press about the incident. You have now gone on the record and said we were exposed to was something Extra-Terrestrial in nature. What could I have ever said that would have caused more of a stir than that? I for one have no idea for sure what we were exposed to. How do you know for sure that the events were extra-terrestrial?

Complete letter at backtobentwaters.blogspot.com...

edit on ThupmvAmerica/Chicago7902016407pm7 by DaveBowman because: Clarification

edit on ThupmvAmerica/Chicago8592016407pm7 by DaveBowman because: Typo

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DaveBowman

That's probably not a bad theory at all.

However I am puzzled why Halt (belatedly) wrote his infamous memo compressing the events and getting the dates badly mixed up. This is all just a theory as well but suspect it was a 'red herring put on ice'. Just in case something leaked out about what was really going on. Unfortunately it was. This then forced Halt into a role he never expected he would have to take on as the story grew arms and legs.

I think he purposely acted the way he did throughout the incident to play out the UFO story to the lower ranks involved under orders. A story that he has both played down and exaggerated when needed. I think, despite his claims, he has been well briefed over what went on. I also suspect things went wrong and have affected many of those closely involved. This is why the UFO story has been allowed to prevail. Because the real truth is something that has to remain buried to this day.

Like I said just a theory...

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Anyone seen the various news articles today, on deep space astronauts having a five times increase in CVD due to radiation?

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Apparently, Halt told Harry Harris and a few others, in a private meeting about him saying 'It's a m(machine' on the audio tape... Why start false rumours about yourself. Makes no sense.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
a reply to: DaveBowman

That's probably not a bad theory at all.

However I am puzzled why Halt (belatedly) wrote his infamous memo compressing the events and getting the dates badly mixed up. This is all just a theory as well but suspect it was a 'red herring put on ice'. Just in case something leaked out about what was really going on. Unfortunately it was. This then forced Halt into a role he never expected he would have to take on as the story grew arms and legs.

I think he purposely acted the way he did throughout the incident to play out the UFO story to the lower ranks involved under orders. A story that he has both played down and exaggerated when needed. I think, despite his claims, he has been well briefed over what went on. I also suspect things went wrong and have affected many of those closely involved. This is why the UFO story has been allowed to prevail. Because the real truth is something that has to remain buried to this day.

Like I said just a theory...

If your theory is correct and the UFO story was just a cover-up, we cannot rely on any of the military witnesses anymore.
So we’ll have to rely on the civilian witnesses…

Apart from Gerry Harris, who else have we got..?

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

It is hard for me to see Halt and Penniston as men craving attention and out for financial gains.

I do allow the very real possibility that Halt and Pennington are playing out unattractive but assigned roles. Their motivations may very well be duty. I can't imagine Halt enjoying his role as the Official-unofficial U. S. Air Force point man for the RFI. My impression is that Penniston is very uncomfortable with presenting the binary code and time travelers story.

When focus moves toward aviation technology the Alien card is often thrown on the table. The ETH brings down the laughter curtain, draws in the confirmed believers and frames the often abused Grays again. As ctj83 points out an Alien would have to be an idiot to go anywhere near one one of those saucers with their safety record. However originality points should be awarded here for bringing in time travelers.

I have more faith in Burroughs motivation and he is quick to say he doesn't know for a fact what it was.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Guest101

If your theory is correct and the UFO story was just a cover-up, we cannot rely on any of the military witnesses anymore. So we’ll have to rely on the civilian witnesses… Apart from Gerry Harris, who else have we got..?

Remember it is only a theory. But where exactly has listening to the military witnesses got us? Halt said it was aliens a few years ago, Penniston says binary talking time travellers, Warren (hmm well), Burroughs still looking for the answer. None of them has led us to an answer though.

All we really know is there were some strange lights in and above Rendlesham Forest.

Of the civilians there are a handful of witnesses. Gary Collins, Gordon Levitt and Roy Webb

They confirm pretty much that there were some strange lights!

top topics

<< 111  112  113    115  116  117 >>

join