It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frightning Video of an creepy "Alien-thing" climbing down a apartments wall in Russia

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LordOfDestruction

Unfortunately, because Skeptic Overlord is a site owner, he pretty much has carte blanche to do whatever he sees fit with any thread at any time. While I'm fairly certain that this is a CGI video, I do agree that it definitely hasn't been proven beyond the shadow of a doubt. It'd be nice if there were actually some kind legitimate vetting process that had to be passed before something could be declared as a hoax, but as I mentioned above, the site owners can pretty much do whatever they want, which I suppose is their right as the owners, but it certainly can leave a bad taste in the mouths of many members.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
And finally, here it is at the brightest spot of the video...

I see two very obvious shadows from the leg and the arm...

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Krystian

I just watched it on full-screen maybe a dozen times, and I think the key moment is when it's right in the very bright light source and actually lifts its leg to take a large step to get over towards the corner, and, with leg lifted in the air, there is no shadow. The creator of the vid was that close to near-perfection.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ExquisitExamplE

As has been previously noted by other contributors in this thread, the "black" of the SlenderMan is a deeper black than elsewhere -- indicating post-production.

The slim bit of shadow under the SlenderMan does not maintain perspective with the low bright light source.

The object is a long standing Internet meme/prank.

The person recording the video just happened to point his cell phone toward a building just moments before the SlenderMan appears on the roof.

The person recording the video nonchalantly maintains composure the whole time, and casually stops recording when it's out of sight -- never proclaiming the utter shock and horror of what he's seeing.

Stabilized/refined video coming shortly.
edit on 10-12-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Aleister

I just watched it on full-screen maybe a dozen times, and I think the key moment is when it's right in the very bright light source and actually lifts its leg to take a large step to get over towards the corner, and, with leg lifted in the air, there is no shadow. The creator of the vid was that close to near-perfection.

I see exactly what you mean, this is its leg within the last step before it goes onto the other side.

Its faint, but def has a shadow as well. Same shape and form as the rest of the shadowing.

It was a swift movement so without stopping the frame and zooming you wouldnt see it.

Once again, not advocating its authenticity but this thread is far from debunked.

edit on Dec-06:00pm3111 by Krystian because: sp

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Best viewed in HD on YouTube or full-screen.

Given the light source location -- low and to the left -- shadows from the SlenderMan would be showing "higher and above it" on the building.

edit on 9-12-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord
Best viewed in HD on YouTube or full-screen.

Given the light source location -- low and to the left -- shadows from the SlenderMan would be showing "higher and above it" on the building.

edit on 9-12-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

Look at my pics, the shadows ARE higher and to the right, coinciding with the light coming from the low left.

Consistent with this tree from your video.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Thanx for making the Shadow-issue clear to some people here on ATS.
I didn't expect this would become such an dynamic thread as a whole retrospective
when i started it last night.

I think i better hit the sack now. Its 06:30AM here in Germany now.
bye bye...
edit on 9/12/13 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Thanks for keeping up with the analysis, lol you're doing a great job at keeping the possibilities alive. *thumbsup*

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Krystian
Consistent with this tree from your video.

The tree is low relative to the light source. The SlenderMan is higher relative to the light source, its shadow angle should be much steeper.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
How has this been proven a hoax? Is it because that thing is so strange that it just can't be real?

It's likely fake, but damn if that isn't terrifying looking. I hate spiders and i hate this 4 legged spider even more.

There is shadows from this thing and thanks for putting up the pics to show them.

Ya know this site reminds me of the men in black seen where K tells J they need to go look for leads. Then they grab the national enquirer. Along with a few other threads that are not allowed to be discussed on here, i'm going to read thru the hoax bin as there maybe some gems in there. Do as i say and not as i do!!

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thanks for uploading the video! This is exactly what I was asking StargateSG7 for. I agree with most of what you've pointed out, particularly that-

SkepticOverlord
The person recording the video nonchalantly maintains composure the whole time, and casually stops recording when it's out of site -- never proclaiming the utter shock and horror of what he's seeing.

If I saw that thing in reality, I'd probably skitter off like feral cat.

While I agree with you that it's probably indeed a hoax, I still don't think it's proven conclusively; your assessment, while completely valid and raising good points, would not be good enough for me in a trial setting, for instance. Thankfully however, this is only the interwebz and I'm not a grand jury. Kudos!

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ExquisitExamplE

The person recording the video nonchalantly maintains composure the whole time, and casually stops recording when it's out of site -- never proclaiming the utter shock and horror of what he's seeing.

This should never be used to gauge authenticity.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO

What I am currently doing will be a smooth brightening to smooth out the JPEG artifacts
and then an UNSHARP MASK to find edges and then a 3D emboss in solid greyscale to find
any rigging or composite-edging...then I'll upload Tuesday sometime mid morning/afternoon...

I HOPE this is a fake...but if not, someone needs to flyover there to find that building
and see if there is ANY WAY to get on the roof of that building to DETERMINE any OBVIOUS
destination of where that creature MIGHT have gone...then do a forensic level scouring of the area!

And just to re-iterate...there is STILL no truly OBJECTIVE debunk done on this video.
Too many things in the video scream REAL while too FEW things scream obvious Hoax!

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Pardon me overlord but if you watch the actual Russian text op on youtube, and watched the whole thing .. like 3 min i'm sorry overlord..you would hear his fearful comments and once it hits the ground hee looked like he was gonna go downstairs to get a shot of it. Did you watch the original video Sir Overlord?

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

As a side note....the dude lives in Russia, there are probly 100 reasons to film the building next door. Rival gangs, prostitutes, NATO Hegenomy, drunk streetfights, carcrashes, etc.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

sstark
Calling fake on this.

My take on this is that no CGI is even required to pull this off.

Make a fake city set. It looks like the city in this is a set, nothing moves and all the lights seem to be from the same source bulb.

Then get yourself a spider. remove some legs. You now have an enormous 'slender man alien' to rampage around this city.

I do not advocate doing this. Torturing spiders isn't nice.

Your a programmer, you should know better. There's no way that is a set. CGI is the only way this thing is fake. One continuous take, low resolution, the camera comes in off the balcony or in the window to the inside of the apt. That camera shot was as real as it gets. If this was shot with a high end camera I'd be skeptical, but a cell phone is so low quality any editing is going to stick out. As for the creature, its either high end CGI or... well lets just hope its CGI eh?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

DayKnightmare

As a side note....the dude lives in Russia, there are probly 100 reasons to film the building next door. Rival gangs, prostitutes, NATO Hegenomy, drunk streetfights, carcrashes, etc.

I think your perception of Russia is a little wrong lol.

But common guys, its CGI. C. G. I.

Maybe I should start a thread asking if Avatar is real or fake, as that has awesome cgi

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

doorhandle
Maybe I should start a thread asking if Avatar is real or fake, as that has awesome cgi

Remember this?

Lots of people still thought it was real after being conclusively shown to be faked.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join