It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question to the Scot's Here on ATS? ....

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Some valid points

Sorry has t be said that this has been the biggest waste of taxpayers money ever.

Promising the impossible by telling the EU, NATO and r UK it's his way or the Highway or trying to kid us on about guaranteeing things he he has the power to do now which is being disingenuous to the Scottish electorate, is not the way to go.

His everybody is wrong but me mantra does not wash and will only entrench those he will negotiate with, I'm still waiting on answers from earlier today.

Does anybody seriously believe that the EU will let Scotland negotiate without accepting the Euro ?

Does anybody seriously believe that r U.K. will allow us to use the pound at the same time as giving favourable corporation tax rates ?

Does anybody believe that we will be allowed to join NATO without accepting the strategically placed trident ?

Does anybody else out there trust there pension ?

Can any separatist please explain to me why the current Government do not introduce the childcare and bedroom tax reforms just now , they have the authority so why not now or does that not fit into his letter to Santa sorry White paper?

Oh I wish it could be Christmas everyday with Mr Salmond's big give-away.

NO in 2014

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

tdk84
in that case scotland clearly needs some kind of 3rd party fiscal study. Scotland needs to see the facts not dive in on emotions, not this he said, she said.

Your denying these reports,so will other members of the Scottish public. You need to get them from a trusted source who will take things objectively.

Bit like how Salmond should of done on his EU advice.
edit on 26-11-2013 by tdk84 because: (no reason given)

The real study is why after telling/lying to us for years EG1970s the oils running out,your sibsidised,no one vote torys,every one will leave,you wil be 3rd world country,you cant have the pound,un,nato,euro.
WHY are they going to so much trouble to try and stop us from voting yes?...The undecideds will as Scots do and say F@@@ it im voting yes.

(post by Tortuga removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I don't think they will vote yes either... the reports already starting to get objections by the Scottish. Give it some time and the report will be ripped apart.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Tortuga

Do you? Do you want to elaborate on what is so funny, so that we Scottish junkie scum can get the joke too?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Tortuga
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

You and people like you are the reason we are having an independence vote.
edit on Tue Nov 26 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Tortuga
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Now that is just plain nasty and totally unnecessary.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

angelchemuel
Oh dear....and here comes the proof of wot I sed by ere.....

Scotland does have the where with all to make independence succeed but it's down to the folk themselves to put aside their feudal differences and recognise and reclaim their own individual potentials.

Rainbows
Jane

No proof, don't worry. We are all passionate about our land and our future. We can shout other down, but at the end of the day the Scots have each other's backs.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Soloprotocol

DrunkYogi
Most of my fellow Scot's get on great with English people. I always has a great time when i went there. We are better together, we don't need that twat Salmond stirring up the sh*t. His vote is gonna get it's ass kicked.

Typical Unionist claptrap. It's not Alex's Vote...it's the people of Scotland's Vote for Independence, not a vote for Alex Salmond....some people just dont get that.
edit on 26-11-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

Well the people where happy enough to be part of the Union before this buffoon came along. Just about all of the problems Salmond talks about us poor Scot's suffering is also happening to English and Welsh people. The guy's a fool.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Your so naive it's unbelievable. I bet your a kilt swinger and bagpipe blower.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by beansidhe

Are you sure about that? Check the history....
I'm Celt through and through. Although born in Wales, speak the lingo totally bi-lingual, I consider myself Scottish thanks to my paternal line.
There is a very old 'acceptance' that the Celts are a waring nations of peoples, and if they are not united fighting somebody else, they fight amongst themselves. 'Tis the nature of the beast see?
. Hence the reason I said what I did.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by beansidhe

Do you? Do you want to elaborate on what is so funny, so that we Scottish junkie scum can get the joke too?

Idiocy and ignorance know no national boundries, we all of our fair share of them.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
In my current opinion, no I don't want independence. I don't see guaranteed practical upside and I see lot of potential downside. I'm British/Scottish and equally proud of both.

However, I have not had time to scrutinise the document in detail to see if it has any merit or if its the work of misty eyed fantasists.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Have just seen a Scotsman being interviewed on a TV station he said:-

"This is an island it's not yours, it's not mine ... but 'ours'. My feelings in a nutshell!

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

gortex
reply to post by eletheia

I'm English but also British , united we stand divided we fall .
I don't think Scotland will vote for independence and I hope they see through the untruths that Alex Salmond has been feeding them because if they do go they'll have many problems to face .

I love Scotland and it's people but like the rest of us they're ruled by idiots

edit on 25-11-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

Which Untruths do you refer to ?

I am a staunch YES supporter and thats because as the figures show we pay more into the UK than we get back and they plan to cut our money even further , We have no say over the UK government and dont have the economic tools to grow our country being squandered in Westminster

Also I believe in Scotland without Weapons of Mass Destruction

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Tortuga
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Im a very patriotic Scot but in N O WAY do I or anyone I know hate the English , Far from it . I have english friends , love spending time in London when I can .

I think your above post totally discredits you as bit of a fool

Sober/Drug Free ?? - Now your just making yourself look silly

We have Lower Unemployment than the UK Average , We pay more money in per head than any other part of the UK , We have a booming Oil Industry , Renewables , Life Sciences/Biotech , We have fisheries , Whisky exports , Tourism

We offer everyone FREE education , Free Healthcare (Precriptions etc FREE) ..

And all this with the shackles of Westminster , Imagine what we can achienve in full control of our country

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

DrunkYogi

Soloprotocol

DrunkYogi
Most of my fellow Scot's get on great with English people. I always has a great time when i went there. We are better together, we don't need that twat Salmond stirring up the sh*t. His vote is gonna get it's ass kicked.

Typical Unionist claptrap. It's not Alex's Vote...it's the people of Scotland's Vote for Independence, not a vote for Alex Salmond....some people just dont get that.

Well the people where happy enough to be part of the Union before this buffoon came along. Just about all of the problems Salmond talks about us poor Scot's suffering is also happening to English and Welsh people. The guy's a fool.

If all these things are happening to the english and welsh , Then why are you not doing something about it ?? , This is happening to us DESPITE us paying more than what we recieve back to the UK ..

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

DrunkYogi
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Your so naive it's unbelievable. I bet your a kilt swinger and bagpipe blower.

Kilts!...Because Balls this size dont fit in trousers....

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

DrunkYogi

Soloprotocol

DrunkYogi

The SNP was founded in the 1930's...it's Not Alex's baby you know.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Soloprotocol

DrunkYogi

Soloprotocol

DrunkYogi

The SNP was founded in the 1930's...it's Not Alex's baby you know.

I know it's not his Sprog. He got suspended by the party for the 79 group's association with Sien fein. They hide their real beliefs behind the Saltire.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join