It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heads up UK: Devastating 100mph storm to bring 48 hours of ‘utter hell’

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

firefight
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

Good job I work in tesco ... Oh wait we will have panic buyers tomorrow.

Hope stock plenty of POP TARTS ........

Walmart found that people stock up on Pop Tarts before a hurricane

So, Peacemaker, your women are blow hards, huh?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I'm wondering if Jude will throw a storm surge up along the Bristol Channel and the river Severn? If it catches the high tide just right there might be serious flooding in and around Bristol, Newport and chepstow?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Sadly a 14 year old has been washed out to sea at newhaven. Sar helo, rnli and coast guard on scene . Thoughts with the family and those involved in the search.

CX

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by da pickles

Sky News just reported that they called the search off. Not going to find anyone in that.

CX.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Yeh ITV just aired their 'fear-mongering' rubbish on the news a short while ago....

For that reason I'm expecting it to be the hottest day of the year tomorrow, such is the reliability of the Met Office!

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Tomorrow's newspaper front pages are on Sky News in five minutes... Should be interesting to see what they say - considering the storm hasn't even properly started yet! What's the bet they are a bit overdramatic?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

Actually - it has become quite windy - dead on 2300hrs.
It sounds like a motorway outside my window. However - I agree, it will be fine and is just a little gale [ I hope .. ]
I mean does a 90mph wind do much damage ? Don't we get them all the time when there is a gale ?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagewerx

I thought the met office was in exeter ?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

da pickles
reply to post by HelenConway

So is it wrong to prepare for and be warned of a storm that can and will cause structural damage and be a possible danger too life. Even if this storm reduces before it hits our shores it will still have enough power to cause hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of damage.

No not at all - but the media are not doing that - they are fear mongering to the eighth degree ..
Personally I love storms - I love lightning and thunder, I wish we had more storms.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

The MET Office is in Exeter, Im sure we have had gusts of 90 mph a few times as for the fear mongering Sky News have just had a storm update

gusts are now going to get to 90 mph! perhaps
and are expected to last until miday! perhaps

perhaps what the hell does that mean

it is geting windy (gusty) here but nothing to write home about.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Well it's nearly midnight in Bristol and raining heavily but no wind to speak of. Not really a storm yet! Glad I've got a day off tomorrow though.

Just had a proper look - just rain - not a single gust of wind - not even a breeze.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by firefight

I love pop tarts ! Great idea though I'm
Not really worried it's all hype. The trains are only cancelled because there will be a few leafs on the track

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

I was referring to that delicable pre baked toaster pastry from Kellogg.......

www.poptarts.com...

Better get some now

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

InTheLight

firefight
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

Good job I work in tesco ... Oh wait we will have panic buyers tomorrow.

Hope stock plenty of POP TARTS ........

Walmart found that people stock up on Pop Tarts before a hurricane

So, Peacemaker, your women are blow hards, huh?

Let's just say the women around here have reputation of being a bit easy

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Psychoparrot
Well it's nearly midnight in Bristol and raining heavily but no wind to speak of. Not really a storm yet! Glad I've got a day off tomorrow though.

Just had a proper look - just rain - not a single gust of wind - not even a breeze.

Just gone midnight here in Essex rain .. Hardly a wind at the minute

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Very windy and wet down the solent.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BarmyBilly

Yep very windy indeed here in Gosport. Between now and 3 am is supposed to be the worst of it.

King

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Pop tarts are #. Simplds always have been always will be. No storm. Its cancelled.
But dont buy poptarts anyway.
Your.better than that.

CX

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Me and the kids are up watching it, wrapped up warm with a coffee, sat on the back doorstep.

Strongest winds the kids have seen yet in their life time, there's more "oooohs" and "ahhhhs" here than any fireworks display.

92mph winds recorded down on the Isle of Wight just below me, but that is as coastal as it gets here. Bit less than that inland where we are, but fascinating to watch either way.

We are off for a cycle round in the morning to see what it's done to the forest around the village......might gte a few logs for the fire.

Hope it's safe where you are.

CX.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
All I can report from the east of Scotland is it was slightly windy earlier but it's quiet now, been raining a little but the skys clear now, I don't think we will get much of the storm here but I hope you guys down south stay safe for the course of the storm

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join