It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being christian while rejecting important OT figures?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

He had to keep his message 'relevant' and 'approachable' for the people he was teaching, who didn't understand the Oriential thought process...

Jesus had nothing to do with eastern philosophies or religion. Being an Israelite himself and following the Israelite religion, he had a wealth of spiritual knowledge to draw from. There is really nothing to establish that Jesus was actually preaching bits and pieces of Buddhism.

So ideas of Jesus teaching Buddhism, would be, at best, Jesus fan-fiction....not the real thing that we read of in the Bible. Its probably suits you, but it is far removed from the Biblical religion.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I said that there IS EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT those who think it is.

I gave proof that those who think Jesus was influenced by Buddhism...

Real evidence would be Jesus referring to Buddha directly. But we know he didn't do such a thing, despite living a few centuries after Buddha.

"Evidence" as interpreted by the church of Flyersfan(TM) probably suits your personal belief system, but its really not representative of Biblical Christianity, as held by 2 billion Christians around the world.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Like I've said for the past dozen pages ... you don't know who Jesus is and you refuse to understand Christianity. It doesn't fit your agenda. JESUS sets the law .. not the Old Testament. Read (especially Matthew 16 -18&19) and learn.

sk0rpi0n
Jesus also told people to do and observe as the Pharisees say.... and you know that the Pharisees were obsessed with the OT Law.

Irrelevant to being a Christian.

Christians Not Bound By Old Testament Law

Old Testament law, as such, is not binding on Christians. It never has been. In fact, it was only ever binding on those to whom it was delivered—the Jews (Israelites). That said, some of that law contains elements of a law that is binding on all people of every place and time. Jesus and Paul provide evidence of this in the New Testament.

Matthew’s Gospel enlightens us to Jesus’ teaching concerning Old Testament law:

[A Pharisee lawyer] asked him a question, to test him. "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?" And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the law and the prophets." (Matt. 22:34-40)

In saying this, Jesus declared the breadth of the new law of his new covenant which brings to perfection the old law.

The Catechism of the Catholic Church (Followed by ONE BILLION CHRISTIANS) states, "The Law has not been abolished, but rather man is invited to rediscover it in the person of his Master who is its perfect fulfillment" (CCC 2053).

An example of Jesus 'rewriting' Old Testament dietary laws declaring all foods clean -

Hear me, all of you, and understand: there is nothing outside a man which by going into him can defile him; but the things which come out of a man are what defile him." And when he had entered the house, and left the people, his disciples asked him about the parable. And he said to them, "Then are you also without understanding? Do you not see that whatever goes into a man from outside cannot defile him, since it enters, not his heart but his stomach, and so passes on?" (Mark 7:14-19)

An example of Jesus 'rewriting' Old Testament Sabbath laws -

Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath; his disciples were hungry, and they began to pluck heads of grain and to eat. But when the Pharisees saw it, they said to him, "Look, your disciples are doing what is not lawful to do on the Sabbath." He said to them, "Have you not read what David did, when he was hungry, and those who were with him: how he entered the house of God and ate the bread of the Presence, which it was not lawful for him to eat nor for those who were with him, but only for the priests? Or have you not read in the law how on the Sabbath the priests in the temple profane the Sabbath, and are guiltless? I tell you, something greater than the temple is here. And if you had known what this means, ‘I desire mercy, and not sacrifice,’ you would not have condemned the guiltless. For the Son of man is lord of the Sabbath." (Matt. 12:1-8)

Like I said .. you have no clue Who Jesus Is. Jesus was very clear that HE - and not the Old Testament Law - had authority over everything including the 'laws'. He made it very clear that the regulation of the harsh Old Testament laws was not as rigid and determined as the Pharisees claimed. Jesus claimed authority over all the laws and He claimed authority over His new church - (Matt. 16:19; 18:18). With his pronouncement of Matthew 16:18 & 19, regulation of worship would become the domain of the Christian Church. Jesus commanded that. And the Christian Church has rejected much of the insanity of the Old Testament laws ... just as Jesus did when He was alive.

AGAIN ... THE ONLY THING REQUIRED OF A CHRISTIAN IS TO BELIEVE THAT JESUS CAME FROM HEAVEN TO SAVE PEOPLE AND TO TRY TO FOLLOW HIS TWO COMMANDS OF LOVE GOD AND NEIGHBOR.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

sk0rpi0n
Real evidence would be Jesus referring to Buddha directly. But we know he didn't do such a thing, despite living a few centuries after Buddha.

No. If Jesus said 'these are Buddhist teachings', then no one would have listened. He would have been stoned to death by idiots who think it's a good thing to stone people for 'apostasy' or 'blasphemy'.

The side by side comparison is evidence that Jesus POSSIBLY was influenced by Buddhism. Those teachings were things that the Jews themselves said they had not been taught anything like it from the Rabbis. It was new. It came from somewhere .. it wasn't Judaism. It came from Heaven or it came from Buddhist influence.

Address where Jesus would have gotten those teachings.
They aren't from Judaism.
Either they came from Heaven or they came from Buddhism.

"Evidence" as interpreted by the church of Flyersfan probably suits your personal belief system,

Knock it off and grow up.

but its really not representative of Biblical Christianity, as held by 2 billion Christians around the world.

Why are you repeating yourself on this error?
I never said it was the belief of Christianity.
I never said it was my belief.
I said it was the belief of some people and they had a good case for their thoughts.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Jesus had nothing to do with eastern philosophies or religion.

How do you know?

Where was he during his teens and twenties? Hmmmm??????

Dug yourself a nice little hole this time, indeed, sk0rp. You have no evidence to support your claim. There are very accomplished archaeologists and historians who believe it is very possible, if not probable, that he did, indeed, travel to the East and study with mystics. Then he returned, at the age of 30, and got himself into hot water.

How is it you think you know so much, anyway? Where was he for nearly two decades?
You speak as though everything about Jesus is recorded, and it's not. Not by a long shot. But, whatever. Carry on with your misguided hatred.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

JESUS sets the law

Jesus kept referring to the Law of Moses... and even told people to "do and say" as the law-obsessed Pharisees told them to.

AGAIN ... THE ONLY THING REQUIRED OF A CHRISTIAN IS TO BELIEVE THAT JESUS CAME FROM HEAVEN TO SAVE PEOPLE AND TO TRY TO FOLLOW HIS TWO COMMANDS OF LOVE GOD AND NEIGHBOR.

Maybe in Christianity-Lite.

Jesus cannot be separated from the Old Testament, as he himself made several references to the Law of Moses and the Prophets and of course, the God of the OT. But since, you have a problem with Moses and the Law, your words on Jesus and the Bible are not in line with the Biblical religion, or even mainstream Christianity for that matter.

I said it was the belief of some people and they had a good case for their thoughts.

Then its basically a personal belief/speculation/conjecture. Not really worth my time.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

sk0rpi0n
reply to post by wildtimes

He had to keep his message 'relevant' and 'approachable' for the people he was teaching, who didn't understand the Oriential thought process...

Jesus had nothing to do with eastern philosophies or religion. Being an Israelite himself and following the Israelite religion, he had a wealth of spiritual knowledge to draw from. There is really nothing to establish that Jesus was actually preaching bits and pieces of Buddhism.

So ideas of Jesus teaching Buddhism, would be, at best, Jesus fan-fiction....not the real thing that we read of in the Bible. Its probably suits you, but it is far removed from the Biblical religion.

I believe he taught in the East! He did NOT just live life on Earth one time. Neither do you, nor do I.

His-story transcends throughout time. The "biblical religion" taught me that.

but its really not representative of Biblical Christianity, as held by 2 billion Christians around the world.

But..... we are talking about the blind leading the blind! lol
edit on 16-12-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

sk0rpi0n
Jesus kept referring to the Law of Moses... and even told people to "do and say" as the law-obsessed Pharisees told them to.

ALREADY ADDRESSED THAT. Obviously you didn't read what was posted. Here it is again .. I'll spoon feed you so you won't miss it. Jesus 'bucked' the law a number of times. And He established, very firmly. that HE IS THE LAW.

Matthew 16:18-19. He passed law-authority to HIS CHURCH and put PETER in charge. Jesus - And I tell you, you are Peter and on this rock I shall build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys to the kingdom of Heaven; whatever you bind on Earth will be bound in Heaven, and whatever you loose on Earth will be loosed in Heaven.

See that ... Jesus own words. Whatever HIS CHURCH says is the LAW. Not what the Old Testament supposed prophets said ... but HIS CHURCH. And HIS CHURCH says that stoning people to death or burning people to death is WRONG. Therefore, Heaven says it's wrong.

Christians Not Bound By Old Testament Law

Old Testament law, as such, is not binding on Christians. It never has been. In fact, it was only ever binding on those to whom it was delivered—the Jews (Israelites). That said, some of that law contains elements of a law that is binding on all people of every place and time. Jesus and Paul provide evidence of this in the New Testament.

Matthew’s Gospel enlightens us to Jesus’ teaching concerning Old Testament law:

[A Pharisee lawyer] asked him a question, to test him. "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?" And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the law and the prophets." (Matt. 22:34-40)

In saying this, Jesus declared the breadth of the new law of his new covenant which brings to perfection the old law.

The Catechism of the Catholic Church (Followed by ONE BILLION CHRISTIANS) states, "The Law has not been abolished, but rather man is invited to rediscover it in the person of his Master who is its perfect fulfillment" (CCC 2053).

An example of Jesus 'rewriting' Old Testament dietary laws declaring all foods clean - which goes against 'Old Testament Law'

Hear me, all of you, and understand: there is nothing outside a man which by going into him can defile him; but the things which come out of a man are what defile him." And when he had entered the house, and left the people, his disciples asked him about the parable. And he said to them, "Then are you also without understanding? Do you not see that whatever goes into a man from outside cannot defile him, since it enters, not his heart but his stomach, and so passes on?" (Mark 7:14-19)

An example of Jesus rewriting Old Testament Sabbath laws - which goes against Old Testament Law

Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath; his disciples were hungry, and they began to pluck heads of grain and to eat. But when the Pharisees saw it, they said to him, "Look, your disciples are doing what is not lawful to do on the Sabbath." He said to them, "Have you not read what David did, when he was hungry, and those who were with him: how he entered the house of God and ate the bread of the Presence, which it was not lawful for him to eat nor for those who were with him, but only for the priests? Or have you not read in the law how on the Sabbath the priests in the temple profane the Sabbath, and are guiltless? I tell you, something greater than the temple is here. And if you had known what this means, ‘I desire mercy, and not sacrifice,’ you would not have condemned the guiltless. For the Son of man is lord of the Sabbath." (Matt. 12:1-8)

Jesus gave new commands that countered the Old Testament laws. He gave authority for new laws and abolishing old laws over to HIS CHURCH. This is why its' silly for a Muslim, who has proudly acclaimed that he hopes Christianity dies, try to tell Christians what they should/shouldn't be believing in order to be Christians. Dude .. you have NO CLUE.

Maybe in Christianity-Lite.

No. In Christianity PERIOD. No matter how many times you say otherwise, it doesn't make it true.

Jesus cannot be separated from the Old Testament

ALREADY ADDRESSED THAT. You are wrong. Jesus is capable of standing alone.

your words on Jesus and the Bible are not in line with the Biblical religion, or even mainstream Christianity for that matter.

I have shown over and over and over and over and over and over ... from the first three pages ... that what I am saying is indeed mainstream Christianity.

Not really worth my time.

.... and there it is .... refusal to acknowledge/discuss the information presented
and the 'run away' that we have all come to expect from you. Typical.

edit on 12/16/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

It is my opinion you need to go a little deeper with your train of thoughts regarding the Bible altogether.

It's not just black and white and easy to decipher. You wont find this in church or from another perspective than your own.. it's found within.

Do you realize the philosophy of Christianity began with astrology? The story can be found in the heavens! Astrotheology is worth a glance for the narrow minded to be able to open up to another, yet same philosophy that ties in with what we already know. It will open your mind up to the possibilities you may be missing at first glance.

This has already been established in the ages of antiquity! Christians have no idea what they follow. Really. It amazes me. It amazes me because Christ is more beautiful than what they give him credit for and what they give him credit for is actually twisted.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Oh, and btw, I want to amend my earlier remark about things being recorded. Those 17 years are not recorded IN CHRISTIAN TEXTS. But there are, in fact, documents from the East, held in Buddhist monasteries that, despite all the 'traditionalists'' claims that they are invalid, do talk about Isa and Yuz-Asaph (which names refer to Jesus, along with other 'names').

And there is convincing evidence that he was also a Buddhist. The evidence follows two independent lines--the first is historical, and the second is textual. Historical evidence indicates that Jesus was well acquainted with Buddhism. If Jesus did not go to India, then at least India went to Judea and Jesus. The real historical question is not if he studied Buddhism, but where and how much he studied Buddhism, especially during his so-called "lost years."

Historical accounts aside, many textual analyses indicate striking similarities between what was said by Jesus and by Buddha and between the prophetic legend of Jesus and ancient Buddhist texts. The conclusion is that, although not identifying himself as a Buddhist for good reasons, Jesus spoke like a Buddhist. The similarities are so striking that, even if no historical evidence existed, we can suspect that Jesus studied Buddhist teachings and that the prophecy and legend of Jesus was derived from Buddhist stories.

Mmkay?

Buddhist records usually refer to Jesus as Issa-Masih, and Muslims use the name Yusu-Masih or some variant.

One record of Jesus' sermons in Kashmir is in Bhavishya- maha-purana, written by Sutta in 115 CE. (18)

Another record of Jesus' sermons in Kashmir was Tarikh-I-Kashmir, written later by the Muslim Mulla Nadri, who identified Jesus as Yuz-Asaph.(19)0

A Muslim record was Al-Shaikh Al-Said-us-Sadiq; Ikmal-ud-Din. (20)

Another was the history of Kashmir written by Kalhana circa 1148 CE, which referred to Jesus as Isana, "the great guru" who impressed the king, Samdhi-mati. (21)

A Persian account of Jesus in India is written around 900 CE by Al Shaikh Said-us-Sidiz and titled Mamal-Ud-Din. (22)

Finally, the Apocalypse of Peter refers to Jesus sitting at one of the ten pillars erected in India by Ashoka: "As the Savior was sitting in the temple in the three hundredth (year) of the covenant and the agreement of the tenth pillar." (23)

A passage in Song of the Yogi sung by Natha Yogas reads: "My friend Ishai has gone towards Arabia." A verse in the Puranas reads: "Having found the sacred image of Eeshai [God] in my heart, my name will be established as on the earth as Eesah Mashi [the Messiah]." (24)

So there.
Think what you want, keep the blinders tightly calibrated, ignore all the evidence and possibilities, and by all means don't avail yourself of Muslim references to his having traveled to Buddhist areas, or Buddhist references to him...or even the fact that Jesus sent Thomas to practice in India, where some of the "lost tribes" had already settled.

Because of trade alone, Zoroastrianism and Buddhism were well known to the people in Judea. News from other lands was naturally of great interest. Most traders provided detailed accounts of the events of cities and states along their routes, often in the form of eloquent verse. Easterners in Judea were as anxious to hear news as were Jews in Persia or western India.

In addition to trade, Zoroastrians and Buddhists settled in northern Arabia, including Judea, which was only two hundred miles from Mesopotamia.
The story of Jesus' birth attracting the three Magi priests, if true, demonstrated close ties with Zoroastrians. Settlements occurred especially during Alexander's invasion of the East after 330 BCE.

This included Jews who welcomed Alexander's overthrow of Egyptian rule and who joined Alexander's army. Many settled along the invasion route through Persia and what is now Afghanistan and Kashmir/Punjab, a practice encouraged by Alexander to maintain his empire. About 360 years later, Jesus dispatched Thomas, perhaps his closest and most loyal apostle, to practice Christianity in India. The descendants of these Jews continue today to reside in Kashmir or Punjab.

Buddhism had spread to the Middle East LONG before Jesus was even supposedly born.

So, again, you are wrong, and making ridiculous claims with no backup whatsoever.

www.thezensite.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I believe he taught in the East! He did NOT just live life on Earth one time.

Try and substantiate your claim with Biblical verses. If you want to discuss the Bible, then you better have Biblical verses to substantiate your claims.

Where in the Bible do you read that Jesus taught in the East?
Can't find the verse? Then don't waste my time!

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Maybe according to your speshul version of Christianity...but then again, its worth nothing since you dismiss other crucial parts of the Bible, that you happily dismiss as a myth.

You are free to interpret what you want about the Bible. But try not to delude yourself into thinking that 2 bilion Christians on this planet accept your world view. You do realize that 2 billion people on this planet would reject your personalized Christanity as junk theology, right? Good.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

sk0rpi0n
reply to post by MamaJ

Try and substantiate your claim with Biblical verses. If you want to discuss the Bible, then you better have Biblical verses to substantiate your claims.

What exactly are you thoughts on Gnostic scripture?

None of it is found in the bible... Or the Apocrypha for that matter?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

sk0rpi0n

Where in the bible do you find that Jesus survived the crucifixion?
Where in the bible do you find that Abraham built the Kabbah?
Where in the bible do you find that Marys parents are Imran and Hannah?
Where in the bible do you find that Mary grew up in the temple?
Where in the bible do you find **insert fiction from the Qu'ran here ** ??

You are still running away from the facts presented.
Jesus teaching matches Buddahs.
A large chunk of Jesus life is unaccounted for in scripture.
He EASILY could have been influenced by Buddhism.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

sk0rpi0n
Maybe according to your speshul version of Christianity..

The last dozen pages have proven you wrong ... over and over and over and over.

This statement stands correct - AGAIN ... THE ONLY THING REQUIRED OF A CHRISTIAN IS TO BELIEVE THAT JESUS CAME FROM HEAVEN TO SAVE PEOPLE AND TO TRY TO FOLLOW HIS TWO COMMANDS OF LOVE GOD AND NEIGHBOR.

Your continued obsession with trying to state that is wrong, when it is proven correct, is strange.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

sk0rpi0n
You do realize that 2 billion people on this planet would reject your personalized Christanity as junk theology, right? Good.

You do realize that waaaay back on pages 2 & 3 of this thread, I showed that at least half of Christianity agrees with me about the Old Testament characters, right? Good.

And ALL of Christianity agrees with this ... the only thing required to be a Christian is the belief that Jesus came from Heaven to save people and that we should try to follow his two commandments of love God and neighbor.

edit on 12/17/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

sk0rpi0n
reply to post by MamaJ

Oh closed minded little grasshopper....

The Sun rose in the East. The Star of Bethlehem. The Garden was in the East of Eden.

You do not understand the Biblical meanings because you have not studied them at lengths with an open mind and allowed the Word to express himself within the depths of your soul.

You, my sweet Scorpion, are wasting your own time on minimal expressions.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Akragon

sk0rpi0n
reply to post by MamaJ

What exactly are you thoughts on Gnostic scripture?

None of it is found in the bible... Or the Apocrypha for that matter?

I think you are replying to me so I am answering. lol

It is my opinion that the Gnostic teachings were around before the "christian" teachings and they are the truer sense of the Word. the writings are said to be links to the New Testament and I believe it.

Gnosticism was not taking a hold of the people, nor was Neoplatonism, therefore needed a revision of sorts. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand WHY they (Gnostic gospels) were found in Egypt either. lol

It's my belief Jesus was a mystic and a rebel to what is right via his own divine reasoning. The biblical teachers take that away from him but anyone with an open mind can see his truer expression of the Word.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Christians, is such a thing even possible in your belief system? Can one really call himself a 'christian' if he/she dismisses key Biblical characters such as Adam, Melchizedek and Noah as myths...while speaking ill of the prophets Abraham and Moses? I know Jews and Muslims hold these OT characters in high regard.... But what about christians? Discuss.

This quote above by the OP is about as air headed as it comes..not only from a Christian position but by a secular position as well.

However to be as fair as my biased mind and soul can be ...I find at the same time that many so called Believers are at fault and particularly because their ministers do not teach them much at all about both the Olde and New Testaments and the significance of what is therein written.

For the Christian...what is important about the Olde Testament and also convered in the New Testament in several places..is a lineage. Not a lineage of Jews per se..but a lineage of Jesus the Christ for Remission of Sins. This is what is important about the Olde Testament. This lineage from Adam to Jesus the Christ for Remission of Sins.

Also found there is a lineage of the Priesthood. A Levitical Priesthood...which was to be changed at some time and the Olde Testament tells us that this priesthood will be changed. This priesthood was never to be of Levi..but of the line of Melchizedek..the everlasting priesthood.
This is a concept and understanding I seldom hear taught my many preachers and also seldom brought up in boards like this.
I suspect this is because few Believers know of it and even many unbelievers also do not know of it. They, the unbelievers, get away with it because so few Beleivers know of the significance of it. It ought not to be this way but many Believers are just plain olde ignorant of what it means. Sad but true.

Anything of importance for us to know about the people of the Olde Testament is covered by the Apostles in the New Testament.
The apostles go to great lengths to clear up certain aspects of the Olde Testament, the people mentioned there, and the Olde Testament significance to Believers following the Cross and what happened as a result of the Cross.

Bewarned of people who try to bring us back to Olde Testament Law and practices...for it is of bondage. Paul goes to great lengths to clear this up in the Book of Galatians...particularly chapter Four.

BeWarned of many on threads like this one when you see people compare Christianity to other religions by showing that they have certain things in common.

This is often a variation to show or demonstrate that.."All religions are the same religion..and that all gods are the same god."

Knowing the significance of this difference in the Olde Testament and the New Testament will clear up for the Believer that all religions are Not the same religoin and all gods are Not the same god.

This is very important to the Believer because of the attempt to bring all people under one roof today...under one religion..one world religion..and thinking people know it will not be Christianity.

It will be a religion in which the children of the bondwoman..Hagar..by Ishmael..."shall be heir" with the children of the free woman...Sarah by Issac.

The problem for those with discernment and understanding is that God stated ...in both the Olde and New Testament...

"The children of the bondwoman..Hagar by Ishmael...shall not be heir" with the children of the freewoman Sarah..by Issac.

I am not an Ishmaelite..I am of Issac and his Seed...Seed singular.

For it sayeth not seeds as of many but of one...one Seed...His Seed.

This world and its counterfeits will try to bring everyone after Ishmael...make us Ishmaelites...without us knowing that this is what they are trying to do. Just like the Hebrew leadership did...just as the Pharisees were doing. We still have around plenty of Pharisees today. And many of them are ministers.

BeWarned.

Between these two is a different Christ..a different Gospel and thereby a different god. It will not be the God of the Olde and New Testaments.

It will be the counterfeit god...the god which is not the product advertised.

This is why it is important to know the difference in the Olde and New Testaments and not be distracted by such foolish questions. For this is the way of this world after the god of this world...confusion.

Once you know this about the Olde and New Testaments...you will never be deceived or taken off track by the questions of this world.

One more thing..The Lord Jesus the Christ for Remission of Sins was and is never a Rebel. It is the Jews themselves who were the Rebels. Particularly the Hebrew leadership.

IN the Olde Testament ...God is constantly sending Prophets to tell His People that they were messing up...not following the Olde Testament as they were told and instructed. Even the Priesthood themselves were deviating and allowing this deviation and instead inserting the "Traditions of Men" in lieu of Olde Testament instruction and teaching.

If you read carefully..the Hebrew Leadership were superimposing the "Traditions of Men" over the top of the Law of Moses as if it was now the Law of Moses when it was in fact no such thing.

It is this leadership which was in Rebellion against God and not the Prophets or Jesus the Christ for Remission of sins.

And when Jesus the Christ for Remission of Sins came in His earthly walk He is often seen rebuking the Hebrew Leadership for this very thing...rebellion against God's Word..against the Law of Moses..and instead substituting something else over the top of the Law of Moses as if it were the Law of Moses when it was no such thing.

Don't believe me...watch this.

The Pharisees and Hebrew Leadership stoned women for adultery. IN the case of the adulterous woman Brought before Jesus in the Book of John..They brought the woman before Him. They did not bring the man caught in adultery.

How do you possibly catch a woman in adultery without also catching a man in adultery??? You see??

The Hebrew leadership and the pharisees were keeping a law which said women get stoned for adultery and men do not.
This was never the Law of Moses but another law and another god...overlaid on top of the Law of Moses when it was in fact no such thing. It was a counterfeit...of the Law of Moses..and by this ..the Hebrew leadership was in Rebellion against God and had instead privily substituted another law and another god.

For the Law of Moses said.."They " shall be stoned..meaning more than one. This was not the law the pharisees and Hebrew leadership were keeping.

If some of you think this is a joke or an academic excercise...by the Power in the Word..this can also be demonstrated about our own government here in the United States. That they have privily substituted another god and another Word for the Beliefs of the people and our Forefathers...once you know how it is done and being done. There are such Rebels, as was with the Hebrews, in our own government.. and without most of us knowing of it. And to those who know and Believe..they have another god...another christ...another religion.

This is why a good working knowledge of the Olde and New Testaments is important...and yet not desired by those responsible for our educations...that we never realize this simplicity.

Hope this helps some out here.

Orangetom

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

This priesthood was never to be of Levi..but of the line of Melchizedek..the everlasting priesthood.

This is because the same soul of Melchizedek is that of Adam/ Jesus as well as other names.

I once thought like you and know what you are speaking of in terms of not being able to be heirs of the kingdom but that too was coming from the Old Testament. The slate is wiped clean in that respect.

I have always thought it so sad that Abraham sent them away because of his "slave woman". It's a wonder he came to Abraham's funeral.

Does/Did it even matter he had an affair? Nope.. So... Yeah... Gotta love the Old Testament. lol

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join