It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Restaurant refuses Iraq War Veteran and service dog

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
A veteran gave that guy the freedom to be a jerk.

Oh the irony.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The constitution gave him the freedom to be a Jerk.

The military doesn't give people freedoms.
edit on 29-8-2013 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightOrange
reply to post by beezzer

I stand corrected.

All the military does is preserve and defend the Constitution.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

reply to post by beezzer

I stand corrected.

All the military does is preserve and defend the Constitution.

That's what it's supposed to do, of course.

That's "all it does", though? Come on now you can't honestly believe that

Sorry if I'm splitting hairs I'm not sure what you're emphasizing in your statement.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
The restaurant OWNER can do as he wants. It is after all HIS restaurant. And he has the right to refuse service to anyone .Most places do.If this guy wasnt a Vet of the occupations...we wouldnt be having this thread and this discussion would be pointless and no one would care. That Veteran tag gets folks in a damn tizzy. If the man with the service dog was in a natural disaster or anything else that would cause PTSD......This story would have never made the paper. It made the paper because of the VETERAN TAG.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

And they kill hundreds of thousands of innocent men , women and children. Needlessly. Watch as we attack yet another country that WE say did something wrong. A hundred thousand killed in two years with coventional weapons and we draw the line that chemical weapons were used and that is a big no no. To Quote Hillary Clinton........".What difference does it make now". It's not our country, it's not our problem. We should stay the hell out of others business.

Time for Halliburton to get that new contract in Syria, Cheney must need a new vacation home.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

You want to hate on the military? Be my guest. Don't expect anymore replies, though.

Have a nice day.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

No, it doesn't. If your animal is certified as q service animal. Kicking them out is discrimination and it doesn't mater if u have right to refuse service,

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I agree this story makes me sick! In the video the owner of the restaurant is such a coldhearted, uncaring, douche!
I hope he get's put out of business!

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
let me start by saying i don't agree with it

now, there was recently a topic about a photographer refusing to take pictures of a Lesbian wedding because she didn't believe in same sex marriage, earlier there was a topic about a Cake shop refusing to make a celebration cake for a Gay couples wedding, in both those topics multiple people said the store has the right to refuse service and it's not discrimination, and the Couples were pushing an agenda by taking legal action etc

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

"1. Q: What are the laws that apply to my business?

A: Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), privately owned businesses that serve the public, such as restaurants, hotels, retail stores, taxicabs, theaters, concert halls, and sports facilities, are prohibited from discriminating against individuals with disabilities. The ADA requires these businesses to allow people with disabilities to bring their service animals onto business premises in whatever areas customers are generally allowed."

ADA Commonly Asked Questions

The business owner, by law, must allow the animal and it's owner on premises and serve.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
if i had a restaurant i would not serve him or any other vet, dont like it dont eat there?

he had a right

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The poor war veteran, they won't allow him to bring his pointless service dog into the restaurant. Unless the person is blind that uses a real service dog, i wouldn't let them in if i owned the restaurant.

How do Military people who don't see any ground combat get PTSD. All it looks like to me is someone milking the system that doesn't want to work. Let me go get a pointless service dog and act like i need him to receive more benefits from the government.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by brandiwine14

And yes people do shed their hair but not at the rate which dogs do.

Some people might, as some dogs don't shed or shed very little.

What if it gets excited and pees on the floor next to you I dont know humans who do that do you?

Humans yes, the elderly, the young, people with bladder or digestive system problems.
The dogs I have come across are usually toilet trained and if excitement triggers a dog to urinate uncontrollably then the dog either has a psychological issue or bladder problem, could be a mix. Usually an owner of a dog like that wouldn't take them into an enclosed public place unless they were prepared for any accidents.

If I wanted to sit down with dogs and eat i'd stay at home and eat on the floor with my dogs. I don't want dogs in a restaurant where I am eating and would gladly tell the owner of the dog so.

Who care what you or I want?

The law is what it is, complaining to me you don't want eat in a restaurant where a person with service dog is legally allowed to be and eat just like you are is a waste of your time.
Its the law, if you have issues with it, I guess if your a US citizen you can take the steps needed to lodge some sort of complaint to your local congressperson or however it works.

Besides this was not a seeing eye dog this was a dog for someone with anxiety.

A disability is a disability, if you want to discriminate against certain types of disabilities be my guest,

You wont be very welcome anywhere in the world where a little compassion lives.

He should just stay home then if he is so frightened by the world.

It actually pains me that people dismiss others with such ignorance of the world they say someone else is afraid of.

Im tired of this ptsd crap anyways. Who the hell hasn't had some trauma in their lives at this point?

almost no one, so if people cannot empathize and sympathize with an experience they themselves might have had and recovered and moved on from why not help with suggestions of overcoming trauma instead of rant on like you have some experience and its a walk in the park for anyone having any similar experiences.

I hope you find all the happiness you deserve.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
reply to post by usmc0311

Well, I went online and learned more about PTSD because of your posts in this thread. I guess I'll tell my friend and his other friend he knows that they might want to look into "therapy dogs".

I always understood dogs for blind people, people with severe mental handicaps and the elderly but not PTSD. My friend is a lot like someone else in this thread though, and has a "I'm going to tough it out"mental attitude. I'd like for him to be able to get out and enjoy summer weather now and then. I hardly ever see the guy anymore.

Yeah, I was ignorant -- and I'll man up to that. Thanks for calling it, otherwise I wouldn't have spent the time researching service dogs and PTSD. Learned something new today...
edit on 28-8-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

This gains much respect in my eyes coming back to say thanks for opening me up to something new that I spoke ignorantly of before.

I wish more had your courage, me included.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

PTSD trained dogs can pick up anxiety in a human before the actual human notices it most times so the dog will go to the human when they sense the uneasiness of their owner. Service dogs have saved quite a few lives of my personal friends and I am sure many more have been saved because of them.

My dogs that have not been trained pick this up in my behavior as I have episodes of anxiety and other psychosis related hurdles to cross from time to time.

A dog serves his owner no matter if they have trained or not.

Trained dogs to serve us if one looks into what they do, sniffing out cancers, leading the blind, etc. are in my eyes true heroes.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by LightOrange

So say that a restaurant you frequented had a sign on it that said "No perfumes or body sprays", so you went there all of the time. Now say someone walked in with a harsh cologne or perfume and the law said that they cannot be denied service because the perfume gives them confidence. You would ask to be moved?

Yes I would ask to be moved, I doubt anyone could pollute the whole place.

I am allergic very severely to cigarettes and they used to allow smoking so i know how to handle what is MY problem.

i believe you are one of those people that if you dont like something you say you are alergic.

could be wrong but i doubt it

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
reply to post by Char-Lee

Not to mention humans scratch their butts, scratch their balls, pick their noses, fondle their gonads, wipe themselves, and rarely wash properly afterwards. On top of spitting and doing disgusting things to food for revenge or amusement.

Are people allergic to humans' dander? Will any of these human activities affect another human being negatively to the point where they need to go to the hospital?

Honestly, you people have the weakest arguements I've seen on this site in a long time.
edit on 28-8-2013 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)

The chances are about as much as this what you posted a few post above this I'm quoting from page 7

for the people who are paying to eat a meal and have their throat close up, have to shoot themselves with an eppy pen, and be rushed to the hospital.

So the premise for entering a restaurant should be "do not enter unless you can guarantee you wont set of someones allergies that may or may not be dining in our establishment as this moment".

Have a sign put up at ever place where food is served across the states

And all because of a dog that I would assume does absolutely nothing but sit there beside the table when he could just as easily be tied up outside like any other animal.

How can talk of weak arguments when you go ahead and tell us your basing your opinion on your assumptions.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Do you were a scent? I am then alergic to YOU.

That is just sad a person could so lack compassion. I think you are either very young or very unaware of what a soldier sees and experiences it is not the average " trauma ".

I was quite saddened and thought like you, ignorance either due to age or who knows by their comments,

Your reply has put a smile back on my face.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by LogicalRazor

Myth: Dogs Have Cleaner Mouths Than Humans

Myth: Is a Dog's Mouth Cleaner Than a Human's?

Dogs are in no way cleaner than humans.

You can believe its a myth.

I will believe what my skin and how quicker it repairs after cuts and abrasions are licked by my dog compared to them not.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join