It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News- now under MARTIAL LAW- Democracy being suspended

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Neither is Ted Cruz, he's a registered Republican.

All the Conservatives do register as Republicans in Congress, except maybe Ron and Rand Paul.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

I think there should be a party that is opposite of the Progressives. Not Progressive infiltration into both parties.

I find your post rather worrying. Surely Lincoln could have been described as a Progressive Republican? Or even Eisenhower. Both were good presidents and Lincoln could be described as a great president. The Republicans are busy chopping themselves into smaller and smaller slices of true believers and making themselves totally unelectable in the process.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Right, so your point was?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Yep, I know that there are soldiers who use enemy weapons, more so because they can pick up the ammo of the enemy they have taken down during a conflict/war or during Specops. However, there is a problem.

The Army is contracting foreign companies to fill their orders of non-standard ammo and weapons, they are paying for these weapons to be shipped within the Continental United States (CONUS) to then ship them overseas?.

Logistically it is very expensive and time consuming for the Army to contract foreign companies, have them ship the non-standard ammo and weapons to the CONUS, and then ship them again to Army bases in whatever country, or countries these weapons will be used. Logistically it makes more sense, even for plausible deniability, to just have these companies ship these non-standard ammo and weapons to the specific Army bases in, or close to those countries they want to arm. So, even though I could be wrong, imo these non-standard ammo and weapons are not going to be used to arm insurgents on the other side of the world.

BTW, it seems you have also served in the U.S. military like I have, we both know that most weapons, and even equipment that are shipped overseas for our troops to use stays overseas even after our soldiers, sailors and Marines return home. It is way too expensive to ship the weapons, and equipment back. There are some special circumstances in which some equipment is indeed brought back, but this is the exception and not the rule.

edit on 28-7-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Round around, and round around, and you continue to run around yourself in circles... Again, you can't PROVE that the evidence is wrong... You can't disprove that the rights of Americans can now be voided completely as long as the government claims "you are an extremist", and then again the government doesn't have to present any proof of those Americans being "extremists/terrorist", they just have to claim they are...

You can't disprove that the President can now use armed drones to kill Americans not only overseas but in U.S. soil...

You can't disprove the fact that we are now living in a police state, one in which even little children, and the elderly can't escape the now "legal" sexual harassment by DHS officials in airports. BTW, don't you know that the DHS and Janet Napolitano want to do the same with other types of mass transportation systems?...

Next step for tight security could be trains, boats, metro
By Jordy Yager - 11/23/10 03:09 PM ET

Editor's note: This story and its headline have been clarified to show that the Department of Homeland Security has not indicated it plans to use body scanners to tighten security at transportation sites beyond airports.

The next step in tightened security could be on U.S. public transportation, trains and boats.

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano says terrorists will continue to look for U.S. vulnerabilities, making tighter security standards necessary.

“[Terrorists] are going to continue to probe the system and try to find a way through,” Napolitano said in an interview that aired Monday night on "Charlie Rose."

I think the tighter we get on aviation, we have to also be thinking now about going on to mass transit or to trains or maritime. So, what do we need to be doing to strengthen our protections there?

thehill.com...

Heck, she has wanted to install large tv screens at Walmarts with recordings of her requesting Americans to "remember to spy on other Americans"...

Secretary Napolitano Announces Expansion of "If You See Something, Say Something" Campaign to Walmart Stores Across the Nation

Release Date:

December 6, 2010.

For Immediate Release
Office of the Press Secretary

Washington, D.C. - Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Janet Napolitano today announced the expansion of the Department's national "If You See Something, Say Something" campaign to hundreds of Walmart stores across the country - launching a new partnership between DHS and Walmart to help the American public play an active role in ensuring the safety and security of our nation.

"Homeland security starts with hometown security, and each of us plays a critical role in keeping our country and communities safe," said Secretary Napolitano. "I applaud Walmart for joining the ‘If You See Something, Say Something' campaign. This partnership will help millions of shoppers across the nation identify and report indicators of terrorism, crime and other threats to law enforcement authorities."

www.dhs.gov...

Thanks heavens she supposedly "resigned". The problem is, knowing that this administration has been allowing her to conduct these unconstitutional policies, does anyone really think her replacement will be better than her?...

Oh and btw, my mother speaks Russian, but guess what? she never spend even a day in Russia. The Communist regime I was born in is the island of Cuba.

Anyway, how about you stop trying to derail the thread and disprove the arguments and evidence provided? Hint: Just because you can go out and gossip with friends does not back your argument.

We are not in the 1930s or 1940s anymore, there is no need for the same type of police state that existed back then since now technologies like drones, and other surveillance equipment is being used to spy on Americans. This type of technology didn't exist in those times when police states had to use other means to "police the state/nation". Even though the government is still using some old tactics of other police states such as "citizen spies". Heck, we know websites like this one are frequented by paid government spies... They can't have us speak ill of their procedures and Gestapo like laws/legislation.

But heck as long as you are allowed only to gossip about your favorite pop singer in the Voice with your friends you want to claim "everything is alright and dandy in the U.S."...

As for my witty replies to your insults... Perhaps next time you will learn to give respect if you want people to respect you.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Remember the Bill Hicks bit about the TV news
saying "War, Death, Disease!" all the time;
Then he'd look out his window and see the blue sky,
the green grass and birds chirping?
That's how I feel about this martial law thread .

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

This RINO labelling and Progressive labelling is nothing more than an attempt to bully all Republicans into moving further Right.

Oh yeah sure...wanting for the government to respect and follow the United States Constitution is bullying to you...

Lincoln was not a progressive...
He understood that the U.S. Constitution was referring to "EVERYONE" as individuals having certain unalienable rights... It was the Democrats and leftwingers of the time in general the ones who wanted to keep slavery going...

If we move forward in time from the time of Lincoln until now, progressives, including so called Republicans who were progressives, have been the reason why this country has been systematically destroyed from within.

Moving forward in time "Progressives" (Democrats) gave us the Federal Reserve Act, which gave power to the banking elites over the U.S. economy, which in turn allowed them to slowly and completely corrupt the political system in the U.S., and changed what once was "the party of the people" or the "Republican party". They brought us the IRS, among other policies, as it exists now with ever growing powers and the ability to pretty much tax to death Americans.

Thanks to the "Progressives", through an educational system controlled by the "state", Americans have been systematically dumbed down to the point that many Americans, if not most, are completely ignorant on the history of the United States, and how important it is to keep defending and following the U.S. Constitution for Americans to keep their "individual rights" intact.

Such "Progressives" brought us "prohibition" and one of the worse times in American history by which the actions of "progressives" made a lot of Americans as "criminals" simply for wanting a drink of alcohol, meanwhile the real criminal element grew more and more powerful...

Such progressives brought us "the New Deal" by which the Democrat party (and Progressives) became a majority, oh yeah they claim that "The New Deal" was necessary to respond to the Depression...the same depression that was a product of the same Federal Reserve that "Progressives" put in power...

Anyway, to this day "Progressives" tactics include labeling Americans who are not like them as "extremists", and they have in essence, and to summarize my point, completely subverted the U.S. to the whims of the banking elites... But you want to claim "Progressives are great"?... Really?...

edit on 28-7-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: add comments.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
Remember the Bill Hicks bit about the TV news
saying "War, Death, Disease!" all the time;
Then he'd look out his window and see the blue sky,
the green grass and birds chirping?
That's how I feel about this martial law thread .

Sure, it's not like birds have been chirping, and green grass has continued to grow even during times of war, and conflict all around the world huh?...

For crying out loud, if you want to participate in the thread, at least make an attempt to give an intelligent and concise response?... thank you...

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

You seem to have a rather... fascinating... view of history.
By the way, if you think that the Democratic Party of before the Civil War was left wing then you have another think coming.

edit on 28-7-2013 by AngryCymraeg because: Second thought

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

I'm sorry, but what's wrong with expanding education?

You mean what is wrong with "expanding education to indoctrinate American kids to accept Progressivism/leftwing doctrine, and vilify anything that is against progressivism and the indoctrination of Americans by the state"?...

As an example, below is the post and a video of a teacher who states that teaching is extinct, and has been replaced for indoctrination thanks to the "progressive" Common Core Standards.

Friday, May 31, 2013

Indoctrination System: Former Teacher Speaks Out, “Everything I loved about teaching is extinct.”

Kimberly Paxton
Activist Post

Real teachers, the ones who care about their students, the ones who teach kids to think critically and not just recite things by rote, are being targeted. Why?

Because our public indoctrination centers, also known as schools, dont want children to think.

They want children to learn specified
"factsin order to pass standardized tests, thus creating perfect little worker bees. They want to produce adults who will not question authority or the status quo, but merely assimilate what they are told as truth, and act accordingly.

Because of this, the school system is losing those teachers who could make a real difference in the future of our country.

Ellie Rubenstein is such a teacher, and she made a video of her resignation from the school system, saying, “Everything I loved about teaching is extinct”. She exposes the entire system, and continues,

I thought Id be a teacher the rest of my life. But I no longer feel Im doing anything meaningful. I have to get out before my sense of self and self-worth is completely obliterated. Unless you are a yes man, you will soon find out your only choice is to become one or leave.

www.activistpost.com...

Here is her video which explains her reasons better.

I posted the above info on another thread dealing with "Common Core", and can be found here

Humm, maybe sit down and think about it for a while why don't ya?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

By the way, if you think that the Democratic Party of before the Civil War was left wing then you have another think coming.

Sure, it's not like the Democratic party and progressives in general, which includes RINOs and some others, have any similarity to the Democrats of times past who wanted to keep slavery... Naa, today progressives don't want to indoctrinate Americans to accept only "progressivism" and in today's case to turn anyone that is not like them into a slave of the state... Naaa...

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Sure, it's not like the Democratic party and progressives in general, which includes RINOs and some others, have any similarity to the Democrats of times past who wanted to keep slavery... Naa, today progressives don't want to indoctrinate Americans to accept only "progressivism" and in today's case to turn anyone that is not like them into a slave of the state... Naaa...

I see. How... interesting. So - I take it that you want to peel the Constitution back to its origins?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I see. How... interesting. So - I take it that you want to peel the Constitution back to its origins?

How about this, first show which part of what I stated about "progressives" and their work I am wrong about...

Second, "how interesting...so you want to re-write the U.S. Constitution to impose YOUR progressive ideas on other Americans"?... hummm?...

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Well, let's start off with one or two things. Lincoln, who you would probably classify as a progressive, freed the slaves that the founding fathers left in their chains. Then you seem to think that education is some form of indoctrination, My wife is a teacher and she couldn't disagree more if she tried. She regards education as a vitally important function of any civilised society. You seem to throw the word 'progressive' around a lot, as if it's a dirty word. I respectfully disagree.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Right, so your point was?

I think I've consistently mentioned it. Basically not all GOP members are Conservatives. The elite, status-quo, establishment Republicans are Progressive. They aren't for small, limited government.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I think there should be a party that is opposite of the Progressives. Not Progressive infiltration into both parties.

I find your post rather worrying. Surely Lincoln could have been described as a Progressive Republican? Or even Eisenhower. Both were good presidents and Lincoln could be described as a great president. The Republicans are busy chopping themselves into smaller and smaller slices of true believers and making themselves totally unelectable in the process.

This isn't anything new. There has been a divide in the GOP between Progressives and Conservatives for almost 100 years.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

This isn't anything new. There has been a divide in the GOP between Progressives and Conservatives for almost 100 years.

Yes, but my point now is that the Progressives seem to be in the process of being driven out of the Republican Party by the Conservatives. All parties are in some way or another coalitions. Making the party purely Conservative will lead to extinction.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

If making the party purely Conservative would lead to to party's extinction then why do the RINOs campaign hard as Conservatives?? And the last Conservative nominated by the GOP to run for president carried 49 states in a landslide.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

If making the party purely Conservative would lead to to party's extinction then why do the RINOs campaign hard as Conservatives?? And the last Conservative nominated by the GOP to run for president carried 49 states in a landslide.

That was Reagan. Almost 30 years ago. Sorry, but no-one has since achieved that.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

That was Reagan. Almost 30 years ago. Sorry, but no-one has since achieved that.

I already said that. I said the "last" Conservative that was nominated by the GOP won by carrying 49 states.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join