It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News- now under MARTIAL LAW- Democracy being suspended

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Some are doubtless to be used for training, and others are probably to arm insurgents. During the Cold War, the Soviets handed arms out like candy. the net result is that Russian weapons are nearly universally available, and most people world wide are already familiar with them, reducing training time.

Another use for such weapons is plausible deniability. For example, during the Soviet war in Afghanistan, we procured scads of Egyptian and Chinese AKs to supply the muj with, since those weapons could not be traced back to the US.

Certain SpecOps forces prefer foreign weapons for the same reason - if the weapon is captured, you can't be positive where it came from.

The Russians and Cubans did the same with US weapons. We left nearly a million M-16's sitting in Vietnam when we pulled out, and years later some of those same weapons from Vietnam (tracing serial numbers) showed up in Nicaragua and El Salvador.

While Russian troops in the US would naturally be more familiar with their own weapons, most of the photos I've seen of Russians on "joint training exercises" here in the US show them in Russian uniforms, but carrying M-4s.

I'm taking "Arming Insurgents" for $200, Pat.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Can you imagine what utter hell we will be in for his last two years if he wins the HOR in 2014?
edit on 27-7-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

Can't be worse than what the Republicans are doing at the moment - ie: nothing. I really genuinely think that they've gone raving mad.

Because the establishment Republicans are Progressives. The Conservatives of the GOP is the TEA party. That's the reason you see the Democrats and RINO GOP members attacking them equally.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Please define Progressive and then tell us how most Republicans fit that ideology. Progressive isn't just a substitute word for I don't like.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

Please define Progressive and then tell us how most Republicans fit that ideology. Progressive isn't just a substitute word for I don't like.

I never said it was. Here, enjoy the research:

Progressive Republicans

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
and now for the double triple whammy.

anybody who uses the term right wing extremist is a racist.

lets take a page out of their book and make it a prejudiced hate crime
edit on 27-7-2013 by LurkingRelentlessly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Alright so then tell us who the elected Republicans are that fit whatever that web page was about.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Originally posted by Cosmic911

Fox News- now under MARTIAL LAW- Democracy being suspended

Fox news is now under martial law...well, it's about time. Long time democracy has been suspended there.

You make no sense.....it is a private company so why should they be a "democracy"?

Your rebuttal makes no sense. It's a joke; you do know what jokes are, right? Banter. To jest or josh. To be whimsy. A joke is something that is said or done to make you laugh, for example a funny story. Joking (present participle). Joked (past tense & past participle). The thread title was clearly misleading , thus the joke.
edit on 27-7-2013 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

Alright so then tell us who the elected Republicans are that fit whatever that web page was about.

How about a brief example because I don't want to list several hundred names.

John McCain
Lindsey Graham
Mitch McConnell
John Boehner
Jeb Bush
Chris Christie
Tom Cornyn
George W Bush
George HW Bush
Bob Dole

You can tell who they are because they join with the Democrats on most votes and they attack the Conservatives in both houses of congress.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Like rats deserting a sinking ship.

But rats with a fairly inflated view of themselves - "Enough people do this and USA will get both a money and a brain drain, while countries who get people like me will benefit. "

People like you?

Go.

Farewell.

Don't let the door bump your ass on the way out.

You'd only be in the way, anyhow. Go be in someone else's way.

"People like you", party animals and whatnot, cannot see the writing on the wall for all the giggling and drinking. If you decide to stay, just stay indoors and out of the way. Mix another drink, turn on some "Big Brother" on tv, and chill until the dust settles. You'll hardly notice anything that way.

Just like you don't notice anything now.

The only question I have is, if you don't leave the country, how in the world can we miss you?

I find your facility for intelligence and intelligent discussion quite telling where you've based a value perception on my worth as a (current) citizen of the USA based on a couple posts I volunteered to illustrate a complete lack of martial law.

I'm not the one being a mealy mouthed discontent.
I'm not the one stirring up trouble or criticizing this nation like some self entitled spoiled rotten little princess that hasn't got her cake when she demanded it, or throwing pouty lipped tantrum over being made to go sit in a corner.

No. I enjoy the USA, and I'm not talking bad about it.
If, however, it turns its back on me, well, it takes two. I'm not going to be a cry baby about it.
I'll go, as I've said, somewhere I can appreciate, that appreciates me back.

As to the sorts that are running amuck talking bad about their homeland, stirring up talk of revolution, and other sorts of nonsense, I'm left to wonder about a value perception regarding those sorts.

I'm fairly certain someone that supports their nation regardless their financial and intellectual worth and contributions is of far greater value than those sorts slinking about in the shadows of conspiracy theory sites talking shifty eyed insubordinate phraseology.
I like the USA and don't have any problems with it.
If I did, however have problems, I wouldn't be all talking behind my hand, slinking about and being a cry baby in my cups about it.
NO.
I see a problem, I do something about it.
As illustrated, I'd move IF I was taking issue.

There's making noise, and there's doing.
Sit in your soiled rags and cry annoyingly like a helpless little baby, or do something about and change the diaper.

edit on 27-7-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I wish this guy was running things...

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

From your source

a proposed package of issues for progressive Republicans - Eighteen issues that include the following points of decision:

• decision #1: for more international cooperation and less unilateral use of military force,
• decision #2: for job creation through reduced work hours rather than government deficit spending,
• decision #3: for tax increases targeted to the wealthy to keep the federal budget in balance,
• decision #4: for the deficit problem to become a priority,
• decision #5: against the dualistic world view of the Civil Rights movement which in its contemporary manifestation blames “racism” and “white society” for our common problems,
• decision #6: for federal legislation to increase paid leave and maintain standards of humane treatment in the work place,
• decision #7: for environmental protection and resource conservation as new economic imperatives,
• decision #8: for a compromise policy on illegal immigration suspending deportations while requiring employers of such immigrants to pay a surtax to help cover the increased social costs,
• decision #9: against the abusive use of building inspections by local governments,
• decision #10: for a new, independent investigation into the events of 9/11,
• decision #11: against political correctness and its violation of free speech,
• decision #12: for ending the war on illegal drugs and funding more treatment programs,
• decision #13: for a greater federal role in insuring or providing health-care services,
• decision #14: for greater regulation of the financial-services industry,
• decision #15: against free trade and for the use of tariffs to promote improved labor and environmental standards around the world,
• decision #16: against the cruel deception of young people who are being urged to take out student loans to go to college and prepare, often, for nonexistent jobs,
• decision #17: for a crash program to reduce traffic congestion in urban areas, and
• decision #18: for a crash program to develop technologies that will help sustain human life in outer space.

Does a single person you named fit anywhere in the above, even one thing on the list?
Maybe #5 and #11 lol

edit on 27-7-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
I like the USA and don't have any problems with it.
If I did, however have problems, I wouldn't be all talking behind my hand, slinking about and being a cry baby in my cups about it.
NO.
I see a problem, I do something about it.
As illustrated, I'd move IF I was taking issue.

There's making noise, and there's doing.
Sit in your soiled rags and cry annoyingly like a helpless little baby, or do something about and change the diaper.

It's called "talking about the problems" with other people... It's what humans do. You should try sometimes instead of claiming people are just "crying, and sitting in soiled rags"...

You think everything is fine and dandy in the U.S., it's your opinion, but your opinion based on "gossiping with your female friends" meanwhile ignoring and dismissing what the elite in the U.S. are doing doesn't make your argument valid...

All you did, alongside some other people, is dismiss the evidence provided. People are being conditioned to think all of this is alright when it isn't.

You are accepting "that everything is alright" because you have gotten used to it, and so far doesn't interfere with your "gossiping with your friends".

IMO only naïve people think "everything is alright and we are still free" when DHS officials can touch you in your privates, including being able to do it to "children and elder people" with no "probable cause" and just because they are in an airport ...

Only naïve people think "everything is alright in the U.S." when the President now has the right to use armed drones to kill Americans in U.S. soil...

Only naïve people think "everything is alright in the U.S." when your rights can be completely voided just for having ideas and opinions certain government officials claim are "extremist", when they are conservative ideas which helped forge this nation...

Everything is not alright in the U.S., but you keep "gossiping with your friends" and keep believing that just because you can "go out and gossip" that everything is alright...

edit on 27-7-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I find your facility for intelligence and intelligent discussion quite telling where you've based a value perception on my worth as a (current) citizen of the USA based on a couple posts I volunteered to illustrate a complete lack of martial law.

BTW, many regular German's during Hitler's time also thought "everything is alright since it does not happen to me"...

What was life in Germany like under Hitler?

Answer

If you were a Nazi in Germany underneath Hitler's rule then you most likely would have liked what went on. For most people life under Hitler, for example, Jewish people, was not desirable at all. This is because Hitler did not allow Jewish people to live and was the cause of very many deaths in Germany during this time period.

www.ask.com...

Hey, regular Germans could go out and the NAZIs wouldn't do anything to them, I guess according to "your" argument "everything was alright in Germany during Hitler's reign"...

27 Edward Snowden Quotes About U.S. Government Spying That Should Send A Chill Up Your Spine

But hey, as long as "you can gossip with your female friends", everything must be alright...

Not only that but Germans were encouraged to turn in Jewish people, other minorities, and even other Germans who spoke ill of Nazi Germany, and of Hitler.

In the video below Napolitano lays out a sweeping surveillance agenda that includes citizen spies who have a mission of "shared responsibility" to thwart "Core" al-Qaeda, foreign groups "inspired by" al-Qaeda, as well as domestic "extremist" groups, which apparently include an increasing number of plots by U.S. citizens. She added that "there is no single portrait" of today's potential terrorist, citing recruiting tactics "including Hip Hop videos, if you can imagine that." And, naturally, cyberspace. Each of the four key ways that she stated as critical to Homeland Security's mission will widen the Stasi-style network of unpaid employees of the State virtually deputized to spy on their neighbor in the private and public sector and issue reports to the DHS federal security matrix.

Janet Napolitano Visits NYU Law School to Discuss Need For Citizen Spies (Video)

According to the Obama administration people like me are "extremists" because we don't think "everything is alright in the U.S", and we disagree with many of the programs and laws being implemented... Just for "disagreeing and having a difference of opinion and ideas" millions of Americans have been labeled as "extremists"...

But hey, according to you everything is alright in the U.S. because you only want to "gossip with your female friends"...

edit on 27-7-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Right on. J. Edgar wiretapped everyone and anyone. The only difference was that we didn't know anything about it back in those days.

ETA: I'm not defending what's going on now...Just saying that we've been under Big Brother's thumbscrews for a long, long time. It's not a recent development.
edit on 27-7-2013 by BobM88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

You act like you have History because you can use google to look up a regime to suit your position.

You, however, would seem to be entirely ignorant.

Ever heard of McArthyism?
It's a fairly significant part of American History.
It doesn't even take a HighSchool education to know about it.

What would have that time been like had they access to the technologies we have today, the resources and hardware, the drones, internet, everything we have today?

Maybe we should go back earlier when Henry Ford had armed gunmen posted around his factories to keep his workers from organizing a Union? What about all the other rights of assembly violations in response to Union organization where police actions even resulted in the deaths of Union participants?

America has a long history of its own jackboots, spying on its own citizenry and treating them with disregard.
America, however has been pretty successful in selling it's own mythology of "freedom".
How much of an education does one need have to see and know any of these things?
It's not like any of it is hidden from history.
Ah, yes, we have that mythology of "Freedom".

Have you considered the Kent State and Jackson State killings where National Guard killed students protesting against the Vietnam War?

Oh, no, none of that matters now does it?
That's all in the past.

Hah.

All this utterly horrible stuff going on with the government right now is totally new the likes that history has never seen and we must throw as much of a fit about it as possible because throwing a fit about it on Conspiracy Theory websites is going to make change happen!

As for talking; people, or their insurance companies (when I'm taking clients) typically pay me rather large sums of money to talk.
I know about talking.
You're venting. You're hoping to find like minded others to validate your feelings so you don't feel so scared, vulnerable and alone in the world.
You have your little flag and you want to wave it around, so maybe you can "save" others by drawing them to your cause.

It's okay. You're a social animal and the big bad THEM scares you.
It's perfectly normal convention for you want to find other people to relate to you.
You are, however, flirting with obsessive delusional behavior.
Self marginalizing yourself isn't healthy.
You may want to seek out some professional assistance, someone to talk to about your feelings. You'll feel better with some help.

edit on 28-7-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I suspect your "injury" was blood pressure related, and if not, the way you carry on, well, you might want to get that checked.

Wow, without having any idea of what you are talking about you want to even use a person's disability to "try" to win an argument instead of discussing the argument itself?... This is called "ad-hominem attack", and it is usually done by those who have no evidence to back their arguments whatsoever... But hey, you are a great person because you want to save "bugs" meanwhile caring nothing for the United States which was founded on the ideas and principles of "individual rights" and "freedom"...

The United States is not only "dirt and politics", ideas like "freedom/individual rights" are worth fighting for, more so than "saving a bug in your house".

You see, usually people tend to "pick up a cause". It's what happens when people grow up. You are stating by your own arguments that you don't care at all about other people's individual rights, that's what you are saying when you state you "don't care for the U.S. Constitution and the U.S."

If you think saving bugs that come into your house and gossiping with your female friends is worthy enough, heck, more power to you I guess, but don't try to claim you care for others when you are stating emphatically in this same thread that you don't care for individual rights and freedom of others...

BTW, saving kittens is a worthy cause, but you don't care that children, other women and elderly are being sexually harassed every day at airports...humm But I am sure the next thing you will claim is "if you don't like what happens at airports don't use them"...right?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Interesting considering I'm not the one making character value judgement because someone cared to illustrate a carefree night on the town with some friends as observation of the complete lack of Martial Law in effect.

Ad Hominem much?

Oh, sure, it's fine when you do it, because you have a righteous cause. You're saving America, right?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Meow! Fffft! Fffft! wow, who is having a fit tantrum?... Hide your claws please, you are going to hurt yourself.

So, you are claiming I am ignorant for thinking "it is not alright that injustices happen today even thou similar ones happened in the past"... Not to mention that these past "injustices were temporary meanwhile what is happening today are permanent legislations/injustices." But you actually think your point is an intelligent argument?...really?...

You see, I was born and raised part of my life under a communist dictatorship, not to mention living almost 10 years in Spain and Portugal which I am pretty certain makes me a bit more qualified to know what constitutes an oppressive regime. That's without mentioning, AGAIN, like I haven't mentioned it for the 3rd time, that it wasn't me who came up with the name of the thread... it is the name of the video...

Apart from that I was in the U.S. Navy in Aircrew A/W, have lived all over the U.S. in several cities and Naval Air Stations throughout the U.S. Had many different jobs from construction, salesman, mapper, to field engineer and customer engineer, and can speak/write in three languages.

You were the one who brought up your life experiences and your education as an agent working for an insurance company as somehow qualifying you as a candidate that can better discern whether or not the U.S. is becoming more and more an oppressive regime.

Because of my jobs I have worked and made friends from all over the world, including south America, Africa, Europe and North America of course. To this day still have contact with friends and family living overseas, so my perspective on this topic is not only as a naturalized American citizen, but as someone who has experienced different forms of government, including a repressive communist regime.

Oh and btw, I am a man. Yep men can and do have strong opinions and take up causes. As for "thinking America will be saved because of me", there are no such grandiose thoughts in my head.

You see, unlike you I know and understand that people come to forums like this one to discuss such topics. I do write, and have written to my Senators and representatives about not only topics like this one, but others as well, signing petitions to try to help stop these "changes" that are being shoved into American throats.

BTW, I wasn't attacking your "night life", my argument is that just because you do have a "night life" and can "gossip with friends and save bugs" doesn't mean your argument is correct.

If your argument was correct then none of the excerpts some other members and myself have given here would exist, and if you don't trust the news sources provided in this thread, there are plenty of others to satisfy your needs.

If you want to "debunk" the arguments given by other members and myself in this thread, then SHOW US those excerpts about "the President now having the power to use armed drones to kill Americans in U.S. soil" and such "are not true"... Otherwise, if you can't prove that it is obvious who is having a hissing fit tantrum...

Enjoy your night btw.

edit on 28-7-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I'm not an agent for some insurance company. You may want to re-read, and work on the whole reading comprehension thing, or is there a language barrier?
Do you want for me to speak Russian? Would that be easier? Would that help? My Russian isn't the best, but, it's passable.

Further, your deflection in portraying me as a hissing cat? More ad-hominem. Of course you know all about that since you use it so often.

As to your claimed experiences, I don't think they really qualify you for anything. They give you credit enough to claim you have some qualification, but, your militant bias and fanatic alarmism speaks nothing of a reasoned, learned, rational, and intelligent process in arriving at any conclusion.

I'm fairly certain I'm done here. Never mind about language selection.
I've nothing more I desire to contribute to this thread.
You'll rail against the evil USA, and continue to make all the self marginalizing noises that the very sorts of activities or agencies you claim are a problem look for. It'll become a self fulfilling prophecy to more you obsess over it.
Ah, but what do I know of History?
I'm just some bubble head that likes to giggle with friends and go out drinking.

Yeah, I'm done.
Have fun with the self marginalization thing. Have fun painting your own target on your own self.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

If I were you, I wouldn't waste my breath with this one that you're arguing with. She obviously thinks she is better than everyone on here. Loves to come in and bully a thread around. It's not worth it. She'll be gone when it really goes south in a couple of years, she's already made that clear.

If I can have just one guess on what the occupation she currently holds is, I would go with lawyer. It actually makes a lot of sense to tell you the truth.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join