It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News- now under MARTIAL LAW- Democracy being suspended

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Right. So are you claiming that McCain is a RINO?

Oh, absolutely. He hates the Conservatives. There is a joke inside the beltway, perhaps you've heard of it.

"Bipartisan in Washington means the Democrats and John McCain."

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Oh, absolutely. He hates the Conservatives. There is a joke inside the beltway, perhaps you've heard of it.

I've always regarded McCain as being on the old Eisenhower wing of the Republican Party. Not that there are many of them left these days.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Except it's the exact opposite. McConnell voted Yea the 1st time to invoke cloture and end debate, then voted Nay. I understand politics very well.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I've always regarded McCain as being on the old Eisenhower wing of the Republican Party. Not that there are many of them left these days.

Eisenhower, as Teddy Roosevelt, was a Progressive, not Conservative.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

But still a Republican. That's my point.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

Except it's the exact opposite. McConnell voted Yea the 1st time to invoke cloture and end debate, then voted Nay. I understand politics very well.

That's exactly what I said. The vote to end cloture was the problem. They knew full well that there was enough Democrat votes the Republicans didn't even need to show up that day for the bill to pass. Then he can go back to his constituents and claim he voted against said bill.

Again, Ted Cruz highlighted this Progressive GOP tactic on the floor of the Senate this year calling out the RINOs and was severely attacked by Graham and McCain for spilling the beans.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

"RINO"- Republican In Name Only

They aren't Conservatives. That's my point.
edit on 28-7-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

So you feel that only Conservatives should be in the Republican Party?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

I think there should be a party that is opposite of the Progressives. Not Progressive infiltration into both parties.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

That's exactly what I said. The vote to end cloture was the problem. They knew full well that there was enough Democrat votes the Republicans didn't even need to show up that day for the bill to pass. Then he can go back to his constituents and claim he voted against said bill.

Again, Ted Cruz highlighted this Progressive GOP tactic on the floor of the Senate this year calling out the RINOs and was severely attacked by Graham and McCain for spilling the beans.

No not quite the story. He said, “I’ll vote to debate it and for the opportunity to amend it, but in the days ahead there will need to be major changes to this bill if it’s going to become law.”... his intention was to gain enough Republican votes (41 were needed) to not end cloture therefor disallowing the bill to go to final passage.

This is a no lose scenario for Republicans that want to appear to be softening on immigration. McConnell failed to get the 41 votes against ending cloture BUT he also knows that the bill is going to be broken up in the House and voted on in sections.
edit on 28-7-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

they are actively promoting and working to bring this government down. they only care about the wealthy. they hate anything that helps people, who are not the wealthy. they hate the poor, the middle class, healthcare, brown people, any government program that is not the military. if you are not republican and/or wealthy they want you to go to jail, die, or leave the country.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Okay, that's completely absurd rhetoric and demagoging.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I think I'll find the video of Ted Cruz calling out the RINOs on the Senate floor for their games.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I don't care what Ted Cruz says, McConnell, McCain etc are conservatives... maybe just not as conservative as he is. Republicans had a wake up call this past election, they realized a few things... that white people aren't going to be the majority for much longer, and the voters are much more moderate than themselves... some Republicans reacted by becoming more moderate... others dug deeper into the belief that they know what people want better than they do, that people are too dumb to know better therefore by shifting further Right everything will be fixed, people will see the error of their ways. This RINO labelling and Progressive labelling is nothing more than an attempt to bully all Republicans into moving further Right.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I am a registered Conservative. McCain, McConnell, Lindsey Graham are certainly not.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

reply to post by jimmyx

absurd?...38 times voting to repeal healthcare... no jobs bill, no raise of minimum wage, no budget, no deal on sequester, no infrastructure building money, cuts to education, cuts to programs for children, cuts to programs for the poor, cuts to programs for returning military personal, doubling of interest rates for school loans, voter suppression...it's no, nothing, nada.......this isn't demagoging, these things are real.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Neither is Ted Cruz, he's a registered Republican.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

reply to post by Kali74

I am a registered Conservative. McCain, McConnell, Lindsey Graham are certainly not.

I'm just wondering who do you think are the true conservatives in the U.S. government?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

reply to post by Kali74

I'm just wondering who do you think are the true conservatives in the U.S. government?

Just look for the ones the establishment, big-government Republicans attack on a consistent basis. A few names from the Senate are Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, Mike Lee.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

reply to post by jimmyx

absurd?...38 times voting to repeal healthcare... no jobs bill, no raise of minimum wage, no budget, no deal on sequester, no infrastructure building money, cuts to education, cuts to programs for children, cuts to programs for the poor, cuts to programs for returning military personal, doubling of interest rates for school loans, voter suppression...it's no, nothing, nada.......this isn't demagoging, these things are real.

It's rhetoric because we feel we have a better plan for helping children, helping the poor, doing education. It's certainly not being against those things.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join