It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Knight Satellite

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Ok i noticed a mention of two mysterious satellites, we know of the black knight. Whats the second one?
edit on 2-6-2013 by MegaSpace because: oops typo.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaSpace
Ok i noticed a mention of two mysterious satellites, we know of the dark knight. Whats the second one?

Robin.....?

Sorry, sorry........still sorry....

edit on 2-6-2013 by AckAckAttack34 because: couldn't control myself...

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I've seen nothing else conclusively identifying the rather large object in this pic or the other STS088 pics)
Then you haven't been paying attention.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ok so that links to a post by Jim Oberg stating that it's wrapping/ packaging material thrown overboard.
Just out of curiosity; how does that work?
What things need wrapping up that are unwrapped once in orbit?

(Please understand I'm just curious about the explanation of the picture being wrapping/packaging material. I'm not making connections to the 'black knight' story because I haven't seen one yet.)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Ever heard the term 'Occam's Razor' folks?
I think it would be very applicable here.
If this was anything extra terrestrial in origin do you think NASA would have the images on their site, there for all of the world to see? I think not.
It's probably just space junk.
There's zero hard evidence that says otherwise

Occam's Razor

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
So... these photos are of the Dark Knight Satellite. Which, supposedly, is in a polar orbit.

These photos are, supposedly, taken from vehicles in equatorial orbit.

Someone must have a damn good trigger finger to snap it as it zoomed past.

ETA: Polar orbits require velocities in the order of tens of thousand kilometers per hour.
edit on 2/6/2013 by PheonixReborn because: Just for the Hell of it!

edit on 2/6/2013 by PheonixReborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

All right! I've just finished reading your OP.

Is that thing still on orbit, around Earth, as we speak? NASA took pics of it... are they thinking about bringing it on the surface to further analyze it?

The first Defense Department report said the satellite was about 19 feet long, and weighed possibly 32,000 pounds!

I got to agree, that is just big for that time.

Whatever the Black Knight is, its orbit seems to actually be quite (if I'm not mistaking) close to Earth's surface. I'm starting to wonder how come it didn't just fall after so much time and so much mass. Does it mean the Black Knight has being kept into orbit since all that time?

Who put it up there indeed? Are we absolutely sure it's not the Russians? Maybe they've done a test prior to launching Sputnik before the whole world??

However, Discoverer V (launched as part of the Corona project), launched August 13, 1959, and fell to Earth September 28, 1959. The payload was 450 pounds (far, far less than that stated for the mystery satellite in the Defense Department's own reports).

Geez, that's a heck of a mismatch - a 7,000 % mismatch to be more specific. It's obviously a cover-up. A bad one, might I add - probably done in a hurry. Which means the Black Knight is of strategic importance. But why (rethorical question)? What, is it a giant piece of uranium?

How much did the Dark Fence enterprise cost? Well whatever that cost was, the Black Knight was obviously worth such efforts, or even more.

Perhaps the most telling detail though, is that the satellite does not behave as normal satellites. Even early on, astronomers would note that they'd see it for a time, then it would be gone...only to return later, and even in a different orbit.

Hm, I think they agreed the thing was on near polar orbit. I have trouble believing they can't predict a sattelite orbit. Satellites can't change course - well they can, but it takes alot if energy because in space vacuum there is no friction, no resistance to slow inertial momentum, etc. and orbital movement is damn well documented since Newton's time, that's in fact how we were able to guess where Neptune was without ever seeing it. I'd respectfully propose the hypothesis that maybe they already knew the Knight's exact position, but they'd pretend they didn't and "needed to run big orbital computations"; that way they'd prevent any eavesdropping Russians from getting knowledge of the object's position during the cold war.

If NASA took pics of it (which means timing the launch, and going up alongside the Knight), then, mate, you can be sure NASA knows fairly enough about the Knight's behavior...

Again, wathever this is, it's a great mystery. And, of course, if the thing is russian, then the mystery is solved.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamnotadoctor
It's probably just space junk.

A 32,000 pound space junk that has been around Earth since 1960? The space junk of what? Artificial satellites and space vehicles weren't invented yet. Remember this information in the OP about this object:

Pentagon thought momentarily the Russians had beaten the U.S. to space explorations.

Why would NASA spend time and money photographing a space junk anyway?

edit on 2-6-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

So your suggesting this prototype rocket is the debris photographed in what appears to be a high earth orbit based on anecdotal information. Does that really sound plausible to you?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by swanneWhy would NASA spend time and money photographing a space junk anyway?]

So they don't crash into it on the next orbit?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by PheonixReborn

Originally posted by swanneWhy would NASA spend time and money photographing a space junk anyway?]

They can get data on the ground using radars. They run more risk going out there just to take a visual pic (remember MIR?) when they could simply just stay on ground and map its trajectory. The Dark Fence is, after all, now much more advanced I believe.

Still, it doesn't account for the fact this "space junk" you are referring to was up there even in the 1960. There was no space junk then.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by swanne

They can get data on the ground using radars. They run more risk going out there just to take a visual pic (remember MIR?) when they could simply just stay on ground and map its trajectory. The Dark Fence is, after all, now much more advanced I believe.

Still, it doesn't account for the fact this "space junk" you are referring to was up there even in the 1960. There was no space junk then.

We appear to be arguing about two different things.

You are saying the DKS exists.

I am saying the photos of the object at the start of this thread could not be the DKS as it is reputedly on a polar orbit and the photos are from a vehicle on equatorial orbit. That means the DKS would have been shooting past at 17,000Km/ph when the photos were taken.

Do you think these photos could be taken given the velocities involved?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
To clarify for the hard of thinking:

The photos at the start of this thread were taken of an object in equatorial orbit.

Therefore it can in no way be claimed to be the DKS.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Links to the NASA pages: (for those who like to see the original images for themselves)
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

Gazrok, you started this thread.

Do you think all these photos could be taken from a vehicle in equatorial orbit of something travelling in a polar orbit?

I'd really like to hear your opinion on this.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by PheonixReborn

The satellite is report to change orbits.

Polar orbit is one of them that was reported in the 60's.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful

I don't think it has ever been reported as switching from a polar to equatorial orbit.

If it has please post the evidence here.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful

I don't think it has ever been reported as switching from a polar to equatorial orbit.

If it has please post the evidence here.

From the OP:

Perhaps the most telling detail though, is that the satellite does not behave as normal satellites. Even early on, astronomers would note that they'd see it for a time, then it would be gone...only to return later, and even in a different orbit.

However he didn't provide an external link to that source.

While agree with you that capturing an image of a satellite up close in two different orbits would require astonishing speed and accuracy, if it was far enough away on the other hand would not be hard at all.

If any of this is true in the first place.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The OP states:

"This whole story begins in 1954, three years before Russia would launch the Earth's first satellite, Sputnik 1."

This was at a time that NO nation on Earth had the ability to launch a satellite into a polar orbit.

At no point does anyone suggest the BKS switched from a polar to an equatorial orbit.

These pictures are not of anything in a polar orbit.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

The OP states:

"This whole story begins in 1954, three years before Russia would launch the Earth's first satellite, Sputnik 1."

This was at a time that NO nation on Earth had the ability to launch a satellite into a polar orbit.

At no point does anyone suggest the BKS switched from a polar to an equatorial orbit.

These pictures are not of anything in a polar orbit.

No one except the OP. Ask the OP where they got their info from as far as BKS changing orbit.

I expressed my opinion quite well back on page 6 of this thread about the origins of this story. Take a read:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
How about this for a suggestion.....
They have sent crews/retrieval vehicles to get it and even shooting it down......
but no one has returned and all attempts have failed.

OOORRR

Fuel to the Prison Planet Theory
It's the Soul Guard....

A very worthy mystery to solve

ps. Me having a rather nice hd Screen...I notice a strange light Aura from its pointy end whether that be its Aft or Focsule, liken to a propulsion of sorts. Anyone else see that
It's about twice the length of the actual object.

edit on 2-6-2013 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join