It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roddenberry, Trek, and "The Nine"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2024 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

yeah TNG could get a little bit out there with all that sometimes. when one of those episodes comes on i just change the channel and watch law and order, then change back a hour later. DS9 can to, but most times it's humor in those shows.

posted on Jun, 6 2024 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

two more and i'l just give hints,
in one there a line, bonk bonk on the head
and khom's and yangs are what the inhabitants are called is other

The first one I want to say "Miri," the one with children survivors running amok.

The other one I can't quite remember. I think it's supposed to be part of the Declaration of Independence or something?

posted on Jun, 6 2024 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Not sure no.

The last time i watched Classic Star Trek would be a while ago now.

I did however just finish watching Star Trek Discovery Season 5.

Which had some Mirror Universe backstory.

Quite liked it, have to say.

DS9 had a great series of 'Mirror' episodes, I think one nearly every season. It's my favorite series by a very tiny margin.

posted on Jun, 6 2024 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AlroyFarms

chicken dinner is on me,

you are correct on the Miri episode,

on the second one yes it's has something to do with the Declaration of Independence but it was the yangs Sacred Words. which kirk knew and saved their asses.

they fought the war lots of people think we'll fight China (Khoms) and the U.S. (Yangs) and the Khoms won.

The Omega Glory Season 2 Episode 23

Kirk's speech near the end,

Among my people, we carry many such words as this from many lands, many worlds. Many are equally good and are as well respected, but wherever we have gone, no words have said this thing of importance in quite this way. Look at these three words written larger than the rest, with a special pride never written before, or since, tall words proudly saying, "We the People". That which you call Ee'd Plebnista, was not written for the chiefs of kings, or the warriors or the rich or the powerful, but for ALL the people! Down the centuries, you have slurred the meaning of the words, "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty, to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution". These words and the words that follow, were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone, or they mean nothing
Captain James T. Kirk: The Omega Glory S2 E23

you recon ol gene was a prophet

edit on 6-6-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 04:31 AM
link   

I liked DS9 myself AlroyFarms.

Got all the seasons, same with Voyager.

My favorite would have to be Star Trek Enterprise, and its a shame they never did the final season and canceled the show imho.

posted on Jun, 9 2024 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I liked DS9 myself AlroyFarms.

Got all the seasons, same with Voyager.

My favorite would have to be Star Trek Enterprise, and its a shame they never did the final season and canceled the show imho.

I'm not the biggest fan of Enterprise, but the 4th season was SOOOOOO exciting and fun that I wished we got more!

I have yet to check out Discovery.

edit on 9-6-2024 by AlroyFarms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2024 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Yo, not sure if anyone still here. I just started watching ST: Picard for the first time.

I am stunned and blown away at how good it is! I really am not understanding all the hate and negative reviews.

Sure, it ain't your Grandpa's Star Trek, but it is a damn good modern show, and it's oozing with Nostalgia from every Era.

I have yet to finish season 2-3 so please no spoilers!

edit on 20-6-2024 by AlroyFarms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2024 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Alright I got a riddle for you in the same manner you began:

1) "Whoochie coochie coo!"

2) "Brain and brain! What is brain?!"

Buzz in if you know these quotes belonging to TOS episodes.

posted on Jun, 20 2024 @ 06:20 AM
link   

not even gonna look them up

"Whoochie coochie coo!" is a obscure earth dialect.

this line is from the one where McCoy goes back to the planet he once studied the people on. and there is a woman who was the former leaders wife and is pregnant but doesn't want the baby. after scraping with the local and klingons
McCoy helps her deliver and she winds up naming him after McCoy and Kirk.

"Brain and brain! What is brain?!" the brain is the controller
this line is from the episode where the Spocks brain is taken to control a planets functions that is led by women underground and giant cavemen above ground.

edit on 20-6-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2024 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Wow you really know your stuff!

posted on Jun, 20 2024 @ 07:50 AM
link   

i watched every Star Trek series when they came out, until they went off the air then every time they came on in reruns/ syndication. the hardest one to warm up to for me was DS9, and just about every night on H&I / Hero's and Icons network six days a week. although it's not really watching them now just back ground noise while i surf the web.

but lately i've been into streaming Star Gate for back ground noise, all three of them.

ETA: i also have watched all the movies, all are fairly decent to watch and a couple are extremely good. i also have watched the new Series a couple times through, Discovery is just to woke for me, Strange New Worlds is a little woke but is much better, and Picard is the best of them.

edit on 20-6-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 07:26 PM
link   

was channel surfing the idjet box, and came across H&I Star Trek TOS is on and it's The City on the Edge of Forever.
first thought i had was yall, second that it's Star Trek tonight and not Star Gate

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Very good episode, very unique and definitely one of those you would show to non-fans to give them an idea of what Star Trek does exactly. "Many such journeys are possible. Let me be your guide."

Sorry I haven't been checking this thread as often. I've been looking at some Trek forums but it's the usual arguments and discussions you'd expect.

I'm currently working through my TOS dvds and am finding some new appreciation for season 3 that I didn't really have before.

"Day of the Dove" is an ep I never really liked, but I did quite enjoy it this time around. The scene at the end with Kirk and the Klingon feigning friendship while Spock looks mildly amused in the background is brilliant. Nimoy of course was the best Vulcan. He knew how to subtly show emotion without really 'showing' it. I don't think anybody else quite nailed the Vulcan acting method like the OG, Leonard Nimoy. A lot of other actors just do more of a calm, quiet shouting voice, if that makes sense. No one seems to get it just right.

Some other season 3 things I've noticed:

McCoy can get a little annoying with his reactive anger towards command decisions "Are you out of your Vulcan mind?!"

Season 3 does rehash some episode plots here and there but fails to really hit hard. "For the World is Hollow..." comes to mind, another machine ruling a society from behind the scenes.

"Spock's Brain" isn't THATTTT bad...until they start controlling him around like a video game character. But it's certainly not the worst episode in the series for me.

"The Empath" is among my favorite eps. Hits all the right emotions, no pun-intended. I love the idea of an empathic character who doesn't use verbal language. Why would they?

"Spectre of the Gun" is fun! I was surprised to see this is generally a disliked episode among fans. It's so eerie and creepy-looking with that foreboding red sky always looming in the background. The Earp gang is just stone-like and unforgiving--executioners awaiting to do their deed. Brutal!

Anyways I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread for any Trekkies/ Trekkers that would like to chat. I could talk about Trek for hours!

edit on 11-7-2024 by AlroyFarms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Yo Bernnie, I started a new thread here to consolidate Trek discussions and maybe invite some new blood into our conversations. Hope to see you around!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 11-7-2024 by AlroyFarms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 04:44 AM
link   

You too buddy-o! Come join the star trek chats

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Zanti, where you at?

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 05:15 AM
link