It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure of the moon landing hoax.

page: 106
<< 103  104  105    107  108  109 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

onebigmonkey
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

And there you go failing to comprehend, again, that politics does not invalidate science.

Evidence that Apollo didn't happen. Any time you like.

I have no doubt that NASA Administrator Charles Bolden will do everything in his power to "preserve and protect" the Apollo Heritage Lunar Landing National Parks. Up to, and including, laser weapons (LRO/LADEE) disguised as research vessels... which is a classic Trojan Horse scenario if there ever was one.

Orders are orders. And if "preserve and protect" be the order of the day, Charles Bolden has all the credentials to apply a Keep Out Zone and enforce it, with laser weapons.

Also, the current ramp up in the news for Asteroids Threats, is still active this week, there is another "late notice" asteroid flying between the Earth and the Moon. That's the von Braun prophecy in action.

Asteroid 2013 RZ53 To Pass Between Earth & Moon This Week
Do you even read the news?
edit on 9/18/2013 by SayonaraJupiter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

SayonaraJupiter
reply to post by dragonridr

You know nothing

Right back at you.

Aw am i frustrating you and now you have to go to personal attacks? I said you know nothing about Howard Hughes again this was obvious thinking he could master mind anything since by 1966 could barely take a bath without help. So when someone shoots down your theories i guess you get mad and feel the need to lash out.Sorry for causing you undue grief by making you realize your theories are unfounded. I understand this causes people to lash out so ill let this go by. Peace be upon you

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Your funny NASA according to you cant get to the moon but can set up death zones on the moon? Dont you think that if they had that much power im sure they could indeed put men on the moon dont you?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Your fantasy world knows no limits. Meanwhile here in the real one I'd like some actual stone cold hard un-disprovable evidence. Any time you like.

Made up stuff doesn't count.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Hadn't looked in this thread for a while. But I came back and it doesn't disappoint.

Charles Bolden is now pointing laser weapons at the moon to stop people verifying the landing sites.

Marvellous.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

JuniorDisco
Hadn't looked in this thread for a while. But I came back and it doesn't disappoint.

Charles Bolden is now pointing laser weapons at the moon to stop people verifying the landing sites.

Marvellous.

It is a delaying tactic and it tells the other space fairing countries that the USA has something up there worthy of the "preserve and protect" language. Something to hide up there? maybe?

Area 51 has been a Keep Out Zone for a very long time. Why because there are secrets in there.
Apollo landing sites now have Keep Out Zones. What conclusion comes to mind, eh? Perhaps there maybe secrets on the moon, still after 43 years??

Doesn't that "ring a bell" with you??

Furthermore, shallow moonquakes lasted a remarkably long time. Once they got going, all continued more than 10 minutes. "The moon was ringing like a bell," Neal says.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

onebigmonkey

Your fantasy world knows no limits. Meanwhile here in the real one I'd like some actual stone cold hard un-disprovable evidence. Any time you like.

then why do you not do a thread of your own some people do put a lot of effort into a.t.s .

we look forward to your input newby

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

love reading your stuff sayonarajupiter the hours you put in to these threads are appreciated by some it is what keeps a site like above top secret going and it is good to question everything in life as you might be suprised what you turn up in life .

keep up the good work
i just wish i could give you more than 1 flag

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

onebigmonkey
reply to post by turbonium1

The probes are there for research purposes.

www.nasa.gov...

That is reality.

Apollo used the level of knowledge and understanding about the VAB available to it to minimise astronaut's time in them. That is reality. If they knew nothing about the belts, why were Apollo trajectories designed that way?. The level of knowledge and understanding they had was obtained by both Soviet and US research at the time (the Soviets actually knew more, but politics kept them out of the journals).

It is one thing to know where a dangerous area is, and how to avoid it. Knowing exactly why it is dangerous and what processes are occurring in that area is something different. That is what the current research is about.

No, it's just the excuse needed to defend their Apollo story.

You claim we already knew how to avoid the hazard, and did so over and over again, without a hitch. Over 40 years ago.

But it doesn't hold up to scrutiny.

Avoiding a hazard is possible.....if you know the hazard exists in the first place!!

You say Apollo managed to avoid a hazard that wasn't even known to exist yet! Dumb luck, right?

The plan to 'return' to the moon was announced - starting in 2020. The plan to send probes into the VA Belts came up afterwards. And they set to end the project a few years before 2020.

It's simply a coincidence, right?

It's odd to spend money on a project which is not needed, if it's all about a lack of money, no?

As if...

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

If you ever get the time to look up the posts by ATS user FoosM or ATS user decisively they put out a lot of information on the Apollo narratives. Well worth the look. decisively had a medical angle on the Apollo program that I think was pretty smart.... Alan Shepard's medical diagnosis of labyrinthitis and the frequently debated topic of Dr. Charles Berry's incompetence as a medical doctor. And FoosM had a strong conspiracy angle that ranged from Nazi's to Nova and posted a ton of source links everywhere.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

turbonium1

Avoiding a hazard is possible.....if you know the hazard exists in the first place!!

You say Apollo managed to avoid a hazard that wasn't even known to exist yet! Dumb luck, right?

And yet again, you show your ignorance.

The Van Allen Belts were discovered and mapped in 1958. Apollo was proposed three years later. Seems like they had a pretty good idea that it was there, and what it looked like.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JuniorDisco

Yeah, if a low powered communications laser is a weapon.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

thanks for the heads up on that one i remember reading a bit on the medical bit when i lurked around will look it up thanks
i forgot about the bond theme till you brought it up good one

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by turbonium1

Don't think you actually read my post at all. so I'll re-phrase it.

The VAB were known about & research was conducted by the Russians and Americans long before Apollo was launched. They were theoretically proposed nearly 100 years ago. Various unmanned probes to the moon sent out by both nations looked at radiation data from the belts, as well as probes specifically to the VAB area. It's because they knew about the belts and their structure that they used the launch trajectories they did.

There is a difference between knowing something's existence and understanding how it works. That is the purpose of the current research.

edit on 19-9-2013 by onebigmonkey because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2013 by onebigmonkey because: tyops

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
This thread just goes round and round in circles. Again(again)...there are literally thousands of scientific papers about the van alllen belts available from before 1968. They studied the heck out of earth's radiation belts for 10 years before the moon missions. As much as I hate wall of text posting, people really need to see evidence of these studies. The papers cited below are all on google scholar. There are roughly 10 000 more like them:

The geomagnetically trapped corpuscular radiation
JA Van Allen - Journal of Geophysical Research, 1959 - Wiley Online Library
... 1688 JAMES A. VAN ALLEN radiation around our moon and around other planets ... The closest
ob- servations to the moon (about 61,000 km) with Pioneer IV showed no discernible radiation
belt, but this result has only a ... Mars and Venus may well have substantial radiation belts. ...
Cited by 152 Related articles All 8 versions Cite

Radiation around the Earth to a radial distance of 107,400 km
JA Van Allen, LA Frank - Nature, 1959 - osti.gov
... and the radio-telemetry system for Pioneer III observations of the Earth's radiation belt are
described. ... Subject: PHYSICS AND MATHEMATICS; COSMIC RADIATION; DETECTION; EARTH;
MAGNETIC FIELDS; MEASURED VALUES; RADIATION BELTS; RADIATION DOSES ...
Cited by 250 Related articles All 3 versions Cite
More

Outer radiation belt and solar proton observations with Explorer VII during March‐April 1960
JA Van Allen, WC Lin - Journal of Geophysical Research, 1960 - Wiley Online Library
Introduction. The IGY composite satellite Explorer VII (1959•), launched on October 13,
1959, includes an instrument prepared by this laboratory [Ludwig and Whelpley, 1960] for a
1-year comprehensive study of (a) the lower parts of the inner and outer radiation belts,(b) ...
Cited by 56 Related articles All 4 versions Cite
[PDF] from leif.org

The ring current, geomagnetic disturbance, and the Van Allen radiation belts
SI Akasofu, S Chapman - Journal of Geophysical Research, 1961 - Wiley Online Library
Abstract. The large decrease in the horizontal component of the earth's field during the main
phase of magnetic storms has been ascribed to the formation or enhancement of a
geomagnetic ring current. In this paper we discuss the motions of particles trapped in the ...
Cited by 219 Related articles All 6 versions Cite

Satellite observations of the artificial radiation belt of July 1962
JA Van Allen, LA Frank, BJ O'Brien - Journal of Geophysical Research, 1963 - agu.org
The earlier paper by O'Brien, Laughlin, and Van Allen on the earth's artificial radiation belt of
July 1902 is reviewed and some additional data from Injun 1 on absolute intensities and
time decay are given. The results and implications of this series of observations are shown ...
Cited by 41 Related articles All 8 versions Cite

Absence of Martian radiation belts and implications thereof
JA Van Allen, LA Frank, SM Krimigis, HK Hills - Science, 1965 - sciencemag.org
Abstract A system of sensitive particle detectors on Mariner IV showed the presence of
electrons of energy (E e) less than 40 kiloelectron volts out to a radial distance of 165,000
kilometers in the morning fringe of the earth's magnetosphere but failed to detect any such ...
Cited by 43 Related articles All 5 versions Cite

Measurements of energetic electrons in the vicinity of the sunward magnetospheric boundary with Explorer 14
LA Frank, JA Van Allen - Journal of Geophysical Research, 1964 - agu.org
... Further, it seems quite likely that this interaction, or tran- sition, region between the impinging solar
plasma and the ordered geomagnetic field is the source of most of the particle population of the
earth's radiation belts [cf. early discussion by Van Allen et al., 1959]. ...
Cited by 112 Related articles All 15 versions Cite

A study of charged particles in the earth's outer radiation zone with Explorer 14
LA Frank, JA Van Allen, HK Hills - Journal of Geophysical Research, 1964 - agu.org
... 1. Introduction. The experimental study of the extensive radiation belts encircling
the earth began with their discovery by instruments on the low-altitude earth satellite
Explorer 1 [Van Allen et al., 1958]. Further measurements ...
Cited by 91 Related articles All 7 versions Cite

On the possibility of detecting synchrotron radiation from electrons in the Van Allen belts
RB Dyce, MP Nakada - Journal of Geophysical Research, 1959 - agu.org
It is known that a moving charged particle can be trapped in the earth's magnetic field
indefinitely. Indeed, high-speed charged particles, presumably electrons, have recently
been observed in nature by United States satellites and lunar probes. These electrons are ...
Cited by 32 Related articles All 6 versions Cite

Geomagnetically trapped alpha particles
SM Krimigis, JA Van Allen - Journal of Geophysical Research, 1967 - agu.org
... Pre- liminary results of this experiment were reported earlier [Van Allen and Krimigis, 1965;
Krimigis and Van Allen, 1966; Krimigis et al., 1967]. ... of trapped nuclei having Z • 2 is to provide
a set of parameters on one or more 'tracer' com- ponents of the radiation belts for testing ...
Cited by 70 Related articles All 8 versions Cite

Radiation belts around the earth
JA Van Allen - Scientific American, 1959 - adsabs.harvard.edu
Title: Radiation Belts around the Earth. Authors: van Allen, James A. Publication: Scientific
American, vol. 200, issue 3, pp. 39-46. Publication Date: 03/1959. Origin: CROSSREF. DOI:
10.1038/scientificamerican0359-39. Bibliographic Code: 1959SciAm.200c..39V. Abstract. ...
Cited by 37 Related articles Cite
More

Geomagnetic fluctuations and the form of the outer zone of the Van Allen radiation belt
EN Parker - Journal of Geophysical Research, 1960 - agu.org
It is demonstrated by formal calculation that the large-scale geomagnetic fluctuations
observed at ground stations result in a rapid and somewhat remarkable kind of diffusion of
the electrons in the outer zone of the Van Allen radiation belt. An initial thin ring of ...
Cited by 138 Related articles All 5 versions Cite
[PDF] from nist.gov

[PDF] Dependence of Jupiter's decimeter radiation on the electron distribution in its Van Allen belts
KS Thorne - Radio Sci. D, 1965 - nvlpubs.nist.gov
Numerical calculations are presented, which relate the intensity and polarization of Jupiter's
decimeter radiation to the distribution of synchrotron. radiating electrons in its" Van Allen
belts." The calculations are based on the simple model of a dipole magnetic field centered ...
Cited by 25 Related articles All 4 versions Cite
More

Time variations of intensity in the earth's inner radiation zone, October 1959 through December 1960
…, CE McIlwain, JA Van Allen - Journal of Geophysical …, 1962 - Wiley Online Library
... GUIDO PIZZELLA, CE MclLwAIN, AND JA VAN ALLEN Department of Physics and Astronomy,
State University of Iowa, Iowa City Abstract. A time variation of almost a factor of 3 was observed
in the lower part of the earth's inner radiation belt with the Anton 302 Geiger tube in ...
Cited by 53 Related articles All 8 versions Cite

edit on 19-9-2013 by mrwiffler because: egj

edit on 19-9-2013 by mrwiffler because: gj

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

geobro

onebigmonkey

then why do you not do a thread of your own some people do put a lot of effort into a.t.s .

we look forward to your input newby

I think it's up to me when and where I post, and there are enough Apollo hoax threads in the world without starting another.

I have also put considerable time and effort into the Apollo missions. You can see the link in my sig to that effort. Strangely, whenever the evidence from that effort gets mentioned in this thread there's a weird sort of blindness that comes over people. If people are going to ignore it in this thread, they will ignore it in any others.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Charles Bolden has an army of transvestite monkey aliens stationed on the moon wielding gigantic Snickers bars in order to fight off any intruders who might find Da Troof.

That statement has precisely as much fact supporting it as your one about his space lasers.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

JuniorDisco

Charles Bolden has an army of transvestite monkey aliens stationed on the moon wielding gigantic Snickers bars in order to fight off any intruders who might find Da Troof.

That statement has precisely as much fact supporting it as your one about his space lasers.

Those guys are transvestites? Damn....

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

turbonium1
...Avoiding a hazard is possible.....if you know the hazard exists in the first place!!

The existence of the van Allen Belts was knew well before the Apollo missions. The Van Allen Belts were confirmed to exist in 1958 through data collected by Explorer 1 and 2. The Russian probe Luna 1 collected data about the outer Van Allen belt in 1959.

Their existence was confirmed from information secured by launching the first U.S. earth satellite, Explorer I, sent up during the International Geophysical Year of 1957–58. The belts were named for James A. Van Allen, the American astrophysicist who first predicted the belts and then was first to interpret the findings of the Explorer satellite.
Source: Van Allen Radiation Belts - Infoplease.com

The belts were actually hypothesized to exist well before that. It wasn't a surprise that Explorer 1 found the belts -- many (including Dr. Van Allen) expected the belts to be there.

Turbonium --

I don't get your logic about why you find it odd that they are still conducting tests on the van Allen Belts, even though they had some direct data on the belts 50 years ago. I don't know if you are being deliberately obtuse on this matter or what...

They had enough information about the belts in the 1960s to tell them they were dangerous, and enough information to tell them where the thin (less dangerous) parts were. That was and adequate mount of information (although maybe not an ideal amount of info) for the Apollo program, which was trying to land a man on the moon before the end of the decade. However, that doesn't mean that they knew EVERYTHING about them, so why wouldn't they continue researching the belts?

Perhaps they would rather find a better way of dealing with the danger of the belts other than planning out-of-the-way trajectories for manned craft through the belts. Maybe they want to know if there are ways to plan more direct trajectories and still afford the astronaut adequate protection.

edit on 9/20/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Soylent Green Is People

The existence of the van Allen Belts was knew well before the Apollo missions. The Van Allen Belts were confirmed to exist in 1958 through data collected by Explorer 1 and 2. The Russian probe Luna 1 collected data about the outer Van Allen belt in 1959.

Their existence was confirmed from information secured by launching the first U.S. earth satellite, Explorer I, sent up during the International Geophysical Year of 1957–58. The belts were named for James A. Van Allen, the American astrophysicist who first predicted the belts and then was first to interpret the findings of the Explorer satellite.
Source: Van Allen Radiation Belts - Infoplease.com

The belts were actually hypothesized to exist well before that. It wasn't a surprise that Explorer 1 found the belts -- many (including Dr. Van Allen) expected the belts to be there.

Turbonium --

I don't get your logic about why you find it odd that they are still conducting tests on the van Allen Belts, even though they had some direct data on the belts 50 years ago. I don't know if you are being deliberately obtuse on this matter or what...

They had enough information about the belts in the 1960s to tell them they were dangerous, and enough information to tell them where the thin (less dangerous) parts were. That was and adequate mount of information (although maybe not an ideal amount of info) for the Apollo program, which was trying to land a man on the moon before the end of the decade. However, that doesn't mean that they knew EVERYTHING about them, so why wouldn't they continue researching the belts?

Perhaps they would rather find a better way of dealing with the danger of the belts other than planning out-of-the-way trajectories for manned craft through the belts. Maybe they want to know if there are ways to plan more direct trajectories and still afford the astronaut adequate protection.

edit on 9/20/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

Read this...

"“For years we thought the Van Allen belts were pretty well behaved and changed slowly,” said Geoffrey Reeves of Los Alamos National Laboratory’s Intelligence and Space Research Division. “With more measurements, however, we realized how quickly and unpredictably the radiation belts change, and now we have real evidence that the changes originate from within the belts themselves.”

In a paper released today in Science Express, Reeves and colleagues from the University of New Hampshire, University of Colorado at Boulder, NASA Goddard Flight Center, Aerospace Corporation, University of California-Los Angeles, and University of Iowa, describe a mechanism by which electrons suddenly accelerate to fantastic speeds within the Van Allen belts— a pair of donut shaped zones of charged particles that surround Earth and occupy the inner region of our planet’s Magnetosphere.

Traveling at 99 percent the speed of light, the super-fast electrons are among the speediest particles naturally produced by Earth, and have energies so high that they can penetrate and destroy satellite components"

www.lanl.gov...

What they used to believe about the VA Belts was completely untrue.

The VA Belts unpredictably, and suddenly, will change into a fierce hazard. How can the Apollo story possibly fit in here? Nine missions going out through the Belts, and back again, for a total of 18 separate flights. Without a hitch!

It's utterly absurd.

new topics

top topics

<< 103  104  105    107  108  109 >>

join