It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion - Free Will and Responsibility of Women, NOT Mankind

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

A fertilized egg is not an unfertilized egg, sperm or hair or a toe nail. IT IS A HUMAN BEING. It does not have the potential to become a human being IT IS A HUMAN BEING.

Human life begins at conception. FACT.

No wonder the democrats won.

edit on 11/8/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Pro-lifers (the ones who believe all women and children should be shamed and/or punished if they choose abortion) seem to have a sense of moral superiority. Once you go outside the womb, there's litte to no motivation for them to bother investing even half the time on preserving the life of human beings because:

A) It's going to actually cost them
B) It doesn't allow them to dictate what others *must* do
C) It does nothing to feed their egos and their sense of moral superiority.

Why should any of these people on this thread bother with a thread about helping single poor mothers struggling to provide for their kids?

Why should any of them bother with this babies in africa?

Because those topics will not gain them enough attention, and it doesn't give them opportunity to control others.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
So I decided to have a little read into the source, and I also did digging behind the institute, since in the article it did indeed claim that a fertilized egg was a human being. What did I find? Well to start, the institution is religiously based, it's executive director is Rev Thomas V. Berg who is religiously vocal, and a well known opponent of evolution, stem cell research.

Yep.

I've learned after years of doing this (forums) - - - always research the source.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

Life truly begins at conception, and as human lives, we humans do have a responsiblity as we had been given free will and grow into sentient beings.

The physical host body (in our case human) begins at first breath.

Soul consciousness enters the physical host body - - at its time of choosing.

Soul consciousness is eternal - - - it does not cease to exist when physical does.

The physical host body is not sentient without the soul consciousness

Life begins when it is made. Twins play with each other in utero, but they aren't live humans? What do you call them, little parasites? That is sick.

The soul isn't an add-on-part IMHO.
I have no idea where you get these opinions, but they are opinions and nothing more.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Tell me, when was the last time you ever posted a thread about the troubles single mothers face caring for their children in this economy?

When was the last time you actually created a thread about the need to help those poor families, those unfed babies, children, in africa, huh?

Take the time to ask yourself this, because I think people like you need to reassess just how pro-life you really are.

You know I've spent years helping and supporting realitives, friends, who have chosen the path of pregnancy, I believe it is the better path. I support programmes that help single mothers, that help the poor. I'm a true pro-lifer because I believe there's more to human life than just what women I don't know decide to do with their lives. I actually practice what I preach.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

So I decided to have a little read into the source, and I also did digging behind the institute, since in the article it did indeed claim that a fertilized egg was a human being. What did I find? Well to start, the institution is religiously based, it's executive director is Rev Thomas V. Berg who is religiously vocal, and a well known opponent of evolution, stem cell research.

While Maureen is clearly an educated woman, her word isn't the all abiding authority on the consensus from the scientific community. She wrote an argument on the side of the pro-life debate, her position is among the minority. You seem to think Quad that because there are articles out there supporting your position, this is automatically a fact, but it doesn't make it so.

reply to post by Quadrivium

If a child is aborted then a human life is taken away.

When semen die, human life is taken away as well. When you cut your hair, you're killing human life. Human life does not automatically mean human being.

If people like you really valued the lives of children, you'd be spending more of your time supporting social programmes that single mothers (those who chose the path away from abortion) rely so heavily on, you'd be spending more of your time giving back to adoption services, you'd be focusing on those poor children in places like Ghana or India. Instead all of you tend to spend 99% of your time arguing why women (including those who have been raped) should be forced and shamed into pregnancy again their will. You hide behind your behind "morals" as an excuse, when really you couldn't give a damn about human life outside the body.

Once that child is outof the womb, you couldn't give a damn, because then this ends an opportunity for you to dictate what somebody else must do.

I will disagree to semen and cutting hair as meaning you are taking human life away. Where does that even make sense?? So, you think even cutting your fingernails would be taking human life? Where is the logic in that? I think we all pay into programs for single and married women by paying our taxes. Isn't that what the government is all about?!?! The last time I checked, which was a couple of hours ago, he did check on his children and he makes sure everyday there needs are taken care of. So, if other lazy human lives would take care of their children, this issue would be null and void. Adoption services get paid by the government and if the US would make it easier to adopt these children without fear of a parent taking them back, then more children would be adopted out helping to solve that problem. As far as countries inside and outside of the US, if people would use birth control or maybe even close their legs or keep their pants on, we wouldn't be having this conversation. We have an old saying in the south, "If you lay down with dogs, you might get fleas." Translation: If you chose to have sex, protected or unprotected, then there is a chance you will end up pregnant. If you do, put the same big girl panties on and grow the hell up!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

Life truly begins at conception, and as human lives, we humans do have a responsiblity as we had been given free will and grow into sentient beings.

Soul consciousness is eternal - - - it does not cease to exist when physical does.

Life begins when it is made.

That is YOUR belief.

Fact is - - we don't even know why we exist at all.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

The soul isn't an add-on-part IMHO.
I have no idea where you get these opinions, but they are opinions and nothing more.

Where do you get yours?

edit on 9-11-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

That is YOUR belief.

LIFE BEGINS WHEN IT IS CREATED - HENCE THE TERM: "LIFE". THIS IS A SCIENTIFIC FACT.
Life is created in the lab. Life is created in the womb. It sure as shooting isn't created with a first breath.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Tell me, when was the last time you ever posted a thread about the troubles single mothers face caring for their children in this economy?

When was the last time you actually created a thread about the need to help those poor families, those unfed babies, children, in africa, huh?

Take the time to ask yourself this, because I think people like you need to reassess just how pro-life you really are.

You know I've spent years helping and supporting realitives, friends, who have chosen the path of pregnancy, I believe it is the better path. I support programmes that help single mothers, that help the poor. I'm a true pro-lifer because I believe there's more to human life than just what women I don't know decide to do with their lives. I actually practice what I preach.

The government has several programs available to single parents. Single parents have more rights today, help with childcare, welfare, food stamps, housing plans, etc. As for the children in Africa, nothing bad towards them, but we have too many problems in America to step outside our borders. There are American families, single and married who are struggling from the economy. Human life from the time of conception till death is equal and should have the same rights to live and breathe in this world.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

While Maureen is clearly an educated woman, her word isn't the all abiding authority on the consensus from the scientific community. She wrote an argument on the side of the pro-life debate, her position is among the minority. You seem to think Quad that because there are articles out there supporting your position, this is automatically a fact, but it doesn't make it so.

ooohhh You got me.........well......not actually. Hmmmm it seems that this discussion has already taken place a page or so ago, looks like you missed out.

When semen die, human life is taken away as well. When you cut your hair, you're killing human life. Human life does not automatically mean human being.

That is your BELIEF!

You are really trying way to hard SG
And through your post above you have shown me just how backwards your "logic" is.
Hmmm. If left alone how many children would the semen or your hair have? Would they fall in love, get a job, get married................NO.
When a woman has an abortion, human life is taken away.
LIFE - noun
the condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally.
the sum of the distinguishing phenomena of organisms, especially metabolism, growth, reproduction, and adaptation to environment.
the animate existence or period of animate existence of an individual: to risk one's life; a short life and a merry one.
a corresponding state, existence, or principle of existence conceived of as belonging to the soul: eternal life.
the general or universal condition of human existence: Too bad, but life is like that.

If people like you really valued the lives of children, you'd be spending more of your time supporting social programmes that single mothers (those who chose the path away from abortion) rely so heavily on, you'd be spending more of your time giving back to adoption services, you'd be focusing on those poor children in places like Ghana or India. Instead all of you tend to spend 99% of your time arguing why women (including those who have been raped) should be forced and shamed into pregnancy again their will. You hide behind your behind "morals" as an excuse, when really you couldn't give a damn about human life outside the body.

Once that child is outof the womb, you couldn't give a damn, because then this ends an opportunity for you to dictate what somebody else must do.

I told you that if you put words in my mouth again the discussion would be over and it is my friend.
You do not know the first thing about me.
I would suggest a less childish approach in the future. If you find your self on the losing end of a debate you may want to try not throwing a tantrum. It makes your argument less credible.
Until next time (and I hope you are better prepared)
Quad

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

That is YOUR belief.

LIFE BEGINS WHEN IT IS CREATED - HENCE THE TERM: "LIFE". THIS IS A SCIENTIFIC FACT.
Life is created in the lab. Life is created in the womb. It sure as shooting isn't created with a first breath.

How do you know?

Where do you get your belief from?

Fact is - - - you don't know any more then anyone else - - - which is actually zero.

We all guess.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

That is YOUR belief.

It's real simple, here goes. Well one night my daddy and mama decided to become intimate. During this process, I was created. Where the sperm meets the egg and cells start to divide, yep, that was me! I thank them everyday for giving me life.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by GideonFaith

The government has several programs available to single parents. Single parents have more rights today, help with childcare, welfare, food stamps, housing plans, etc.

What a joke. I'd love to see you try to get any of that help.

As for the children in Africa, nothing bad towards them, but we have too many problems in America to step outside our borders.

That's pretty pathetic.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

The government has several programs available to single parents. Single parents have more rights today, help with childcare, welfare, food stamps, housing plans, etc.

What a joke. I'd love to see you try to get any of that help.

As for the children in Africa, nothing bad towards them, but we have too many problems in America to step outside our borders.

That's pretty pathetic.

First of all, I'm not single. Jokes on you!! Second, that is the problem with America now, we worry too much about everyone else and not our own. There are children wasting away here and you seem to think Africa or any other country should come before your own? That's past pathetic, that is what I call a traitor!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

It's real simple, here goes. Well one night my daddy and mama decided to become intimate. During this process, I was created. Where the sperm meets the egg and cells start to divide, yep, that was me! I thank them everyday for giving me life.

Cancer and bed bugs too.

Are they sentient beings? Do they have a soul consciousness?

Is the consciousness built into the cells of the physical? Or - - maybe its the chemicals in our brains.

NO - - it is not that simple.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

First of all, I'm not single. Jokes on you!! Second, that is the problem with America now, we worry too much about everyone else and not our own. There are children wasting away here and you seem to think Africa or any other country should come before your own? That's past pathetic, that is what I call a traitor!

A mother's cry for her child is not less because of where her feet touches soil.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Cancer and bed bugs too.

Are they sentient beings? Do they have a soul consciousness?

Is the consciousness built into the cells of the physical? Or - - maybe its the chemicals in our brains.

NO - - it is not that simple.

To you, its not that simple. But to me, it is very simple. If you need to read it again, see above. IMHO all the other garbage you have up there is just that, GARBAGE.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

A mother's cry for her child is not less because of where her feet touches soil.

I never said it was! I just said American children are wasting away and they should come first. IMHO I didn't know your location was on the moon, so I apologize for calling you a traitor to the US.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

So I guess the answer is no, you haven't made a thread about african babies dying of hunger, or single mothers struggling to care for their children? This is what I'm getting from your non-response.

You can hide behind your words here, but in reality, you couldn't be bothered with children outside the womb, because this does nothing to your sense of moral superiority, it does nothing to enforcing your moral and ethical rules on everybody else. You aren't "pro-life", you're just anti-choice.

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join