It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If It's Our Constitutional Right to Overthrow Corrupt Government, Why Don't We Do It?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I feel it comes down to food. The government spends 80 billion a year on food stamps. Fed people don't revolt. Hungry people do.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Originally posted by jeantherapy

But rolling out the guillotines has never really worked.

edit on 1-9-2012 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

I've never suggested violence was a good technique to use anywhere in this thread so I really have to wonder about the accusations made against me. One thing I have suggested is a massive peaceful labor strike. Another thing I am known for suggesting is that people should grow their own food. My message is always one of peace and unity, not of violence and I will continue advocating peaceful protests. I will not be dissuaded by accusations of racism or of incitement of violence, ever.
edit on 1-9-2012 by jeantherapy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

The Georgie Guidstone gives a number for an ideal population (based on what's best for the Earth) - it does not provide a plan that describes killing 80% of our population.
"

Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
Guide reproduction wisely — improving fitness and diversity.
Unite humanity with a living new language.
Rule passion — faith — tradition — and all things with tempered reason.
Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
Balance personal rights with social duties.
Prize truth — beauty — love — seeking harmony with the infinite.
Be not a cancer on the earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature.
"

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sicksonezer0
I think the gov keeps us nicely divided and continuously fighting one another. A divided population is easy to control. When Americans can see past what doesn't matter and unify we will be in a much better position to stand up for our country and countrymen, and fight slimy giant bloodsucking monster that is AMERICA corp., Inc.

Hell, the government need not interfere when it comes to dividing the American population, we're doing a fantastic job on our own

Besides the fact that most US citizens take the MSM at their word, there seems to be a huge group of ignorant Americans. What I mean by ignorant is not meant to be condescending, but is meant to mean exactly what the definition of ignorance is:

ig·no·rant/ˈignərənt/
Adjective:
Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular: "ignorant of astronomy".

Ignorant

So, we have such attitudes similar to "If it's on T.V. or the internet and reported by the news it must be true" and "I like Fox better than CNN" or vice versas

The vehicles which are driving this madness amongst Americans may very well be the t.v./media. They are a huge part of the problem...yet and still the ignorance of us as Americans is quite embarrassing. The dumbing down of Americans started a long time ago and now it's heating up to a boiling point. Anyone ages 13-25 think Jersey Shore is an average everyday life and that Chuck Norris is the coolest guy on the planet ( he is cool but....). The fact that we have a Declaration seems to be of no importance to the majority of Americans.

As a matter of fact, just look around here on ATS to see what we're currently divided about:
Romney Party Yacht Flies Cayman Islands flag
Clint Eastwood Speech Crazy or Fantastic?
Vote Really? Are You Sick In Your Mind?
Teaparty is the American Taliban - "Newsroom"
And those are the recent ones posted within the past 24-72 hours.

1.Why are any of us wasting time arguing why Romney is on a yacht full of other rich guys? Don't we kind of know the answer to that already?

2.Why are we arguing about a Show titled Newsroom? The shows title is kind of obvious don't you think?

3.Why are we arguing about voting? That's self explanatory!

I am not condemning or calling in to question the authors of the above listed threads as they usually do a fantastic job at writing and getting their points across. I am asking why is everyone so concerned with what's said on tv by the news when we all know on ATS is half-assed at best! Why are we taking a tv show serious? It's tv for crying out loud! Why would anyone not vote?

I know there are a million plus answers to the questions however, if we are to get past where we are currently as a nation, then we had ALL better get our heads out of our asses and stop fighting each other and finger pointing. We each have a mind of our own and if we get together in a "Think Tank" like atmosphere just like the big dogs do it, then I'm sure we as Americans would definitely come up with a possible solution.

Plainly put though...as an average citizen, it's just as much my fault as it is the next citizens fault for allowing such madness to continue. We're now past the point of blaming McDonalds, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, FOX, POTUS, Romney, Bush, Clinton, Rumsfeld, Rice, Janet Reno, Wendy's, Monsanto, HBO, MTV, BET, our mayors, governors, senators, congressmen, the FED, the rich, the poor, the middle class, the police, the military, the banks, lobbyists, Snookie, Lady Ga Ga, The Situation, The Batman Movie, the FDA, the DEA, the FBI, the NSA, the SSA, social security, medicare/medicaid, ObamaCare, RomneyCare, fat lazy Americans, lazy Americans, ignorance, etc. That's not to say that any previously mentioned entity hasn't played its part, but we allowed it to play out and we carried the "wait & see attitude" in the process. Well, we "Waited" and "See" what happened?

It takes a United Nation of Americans to stop all of this.

ETA
By the way, I am not putting myself on some invisible pedestal, I'm saying it's about time we all unite regardless of color, level of education, accent, what part of the US you're from, whether you're Dem or Rep., or something else etc., if we intend to have any peace.

Change can happen peacefully

edit on 9/1/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

bigger guns doesnt matter, everyone knows the master type of warfare is ofcourse guerrilla warfare.
the in the civil war in El Salvador 1980, for the first 2 years or so the guerrillas only hand revolvers and little pistols, then they gradually began increasing their size in arsenal. the guerrillas were so effective that the government had to rely on the US, and they STILL were getting whooped. the guerrillas were outnumbered and outgunned. and still the deaths of the Salvadoran military were greater than the deaths of guerrillas .

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
This is how I see it:

The system is corrupt.

The system will only grow more and more corrupt unless something changes the way things are going.

Nothing is changing the way things are going.

We need leaders and organization. We need a plan.

Stop talking, start acting. If anyone wants to talk about really doing something to fix things, I'm all ears.

It's not only our right, it's our responsibility... to ourselves and future generations.

edit on 1-9-2012 by mayki because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I'm not one to suggest anarchy, so "overthrowing" a government would be out of the picture for me. We as a society need a form of government for organization and stabilization.

I don't think we need to overthrow our government just reform it.

Thats why I think it hasn't been overthrown just yet.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rastafari
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

bigger guns doesnt matter, everyone knows the master type of warfare is ofcourse guerrilla warfare.
the in the civil war in El Salvador 1980, for the first 2 years or so the guerrillas only hand revolvers and little pistols, then they gradually began increasing their size in arsenal. the guerrillas were so effective that the government had to rely on the US, and they STILL were getting whooped. the guerrillas were outnumbered and outgunned. and still the deaths of the Salvadoran military were greater than the deaths of guerrillas .

they lost because they dident do it right. the only way to defeat a guerrilla movement is a scorched earth campaign. go in to their territory and slaughter every man woman and child. burn and crops and secure the water supplies. the "people" can not fight a trained military willing to do what ever it takes to win. it is physically impossible since they have neither the organization nor the weaponry. yes asymmetrical is warfare is typically the only way to fight a technologically superior force. but once that force begins systematically eradicating your supporters, your going to run out of recruits.

on the other hand, if their fighting as terrorists rather than guerrillas, the people may have a chance. setting up explosives to kill the government supporters or kill government leaders can go a lot farther to weakening the governments control. in the US terrorism would be the only chance the people have to win. and that's assuming 1. the US military stupidly follows the rules of war. 2. significant portions of the military wouldn't turn on the government leading to a traditional symmetrical civil war.
edit on 1-9-2012 by david99118 because: word change

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
So, why don't one of you go to Washington with a plaque and stay there. Spreading the word via here and social media that you are peacefully protesting for a change encouraging everyone to join you. Like the film field of dreams - If you start it they will come.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by glitchinthematrix

Is there anyone or group with a strong enough character to not become corrupt themselves?

People don't care about corrupt government. What they care about, is food in their stomach, and gas in their tank. As long as those basic needs are met, the government is allowed to be as corrupt as it wants. But, the day people no longer have food and gas, they will rise up and remove the government, even if the government is perfect and uncorrupt.
edit on 2-9-2012 by GreatOwl because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2012 by GreatOwl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Its difficult

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I believe this can and will happen within the next two generations.
It has happened in Iceland. It will happen elsewhere.

Most of our peers aren't aware of what is going on, and they don't want to know. They get angry at the people who try to talk about it rather than take the initiative to educate themselves.

Our children don't have any comfy mental images of the 2.4 children and the white picket fence. They are working several jobs just to survive in an apartment shared with several other people. They are talking about the inequalities and corruption in groups and with some adults who are educating themselves.
They will be the ones who stand up and say "ENOUGH!"

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by glitchinthematrix

Your thoughts are hardly nutzoid. The framework for overthrowing the people in power is already in place; all legal and appropriate paperwork for each state has been filed at the Hague (by militia groups) which establishes legitimacy under international law. As you stated, this is already legitimate under Constitutional law. Still, the problem of implementation are influence of the people in power and the deep corruption that protects them. Very powerful deterrents.

Ordinarily, rulers are overthrown by a coup. But coups are illegal and this must be done legally under the authority of the constitution and international law. As such, the military has no jurisdiction domestically. Yet, the military is the only organization that has enough force to overcome those protecting the ones in power. The military can, however, protect a citizen if that citizen elects to file charges and has the necessary supporting documented evidence for the charges. It might happen this way. The citizen goes to a US Marshall. US Marshalls are required, by law, to carry out any legitimate and properly documented request for arrest. The military could elect to observe this process, but could only act as protection and may not participate directly in the arrest procedure. In lieu of this first choice, a citizen arrest is also possible, but has been more difficult up till now. Things may be changing

Do you see the problem? This requires not only evidence, but also cooperation on many levels, many not mentioned here. Interestingly, at least 60% of the military is supportive, but there are some powerful military leaders who aren't. It only takes a few heavily bribed, well placed individuals to undermine everything. The military may not be of help here but anything is possible. For their sake, I hope they help us. Otherwise, their credibility is lost. But, we don't absolutely need the military; it would just make things easier.

Thankfully, for quite a while now, the number of people who want those in control to be relieved of their responsibility has been growing. So has public awareness of what our present leaders have been doing to us. We are now reaching the tipping point where the average citizen is likely to rebel against the powers that be. If the majority decide to act, our present leaders will fall quickly. Expect to see this in a reasonable time frame. The actual occurrence cannot be predicted because of so many factors. But, I base this on the present rate of the growth of awareness.

Recently in the news, was a story about some people attempting a citizens arrest of Condoleezza Rice. I am sure many thought these were just nutty people acting silly. This is very far from the truth. We are going to see a spate of similar attempts. Eventually, the right formula and heightened public awareness will bring success and many of our "rulers" will find themselves in a place that cannot imagine: jail. They WILL receive their just due, so please have compassion for them. For yourself, be confident of this unfolding, put your intention on it happening (very important), and envision it being accomplished without violence. Then relax, because it is coming. Life will change positively in ways we can not begin to imagine. For me, it will be the taking away of the Corporations rights as an individual. Corporations, for me, are among the greatest of evils.

By the way, I suggested you put your intention on this happening (very important). For those that get intention and wish confused, here is a visual: Wish is a sock puppet - Intention is a sock puppet with a hand in it.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Yes the constitution does provide for the nationals to take back what is rightfully theirs. This would be a monumental undertaking in a country like usA. We are not a third world country or one that is constantly involved in civil war or strife. In countries such as these a military junta or coup is waiting for the chance to overthrow the current regime.
In the US you have many differing factions, splinter groups and militia, that would have to be very organized in order to even think of this option. IMO because of the massive firepower the current military, police agents, and gov. police forces have, it would be very difficult if not almost impossible to take back the gov. through sheer force. Unless a huge number of current and ex military, police and private groups would agree to this undertaking it would be a mess from the get go.
As an alternative, if enough people and private companies could be convinced to not pay income taxes, the gov. could be brought to its knees in a more bloodless way. It would have to be followed through on and commitments would have to be made by all involved to continue until the people could have emergency elections and replace the entire three areas of gov. It may be the less harmful way to achieve what is necessary to regain lost freedoms and liberty. Any way you slice it very difficult times would need to be overcome.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

there are too many people that make modest gains that trickle down from the Status Quo power centers, both Repubs & democrak power hubs. it is called graft &/or crony capitalism that issues forth from those in political power.

these same folks that are getting their palms greased or enjoying the admiration of lower level kiss-asses would never bite-the-hand-that-feeds-'em

So one basic option to get rid of the scum politicians...the impeachment process is not any longer considered a practical tactic...it both cost too much and will always come short of a 51% majority ---bcause the corrupt system pays-off in many different ways to many, many voters

its a CYA tactic the incumbents specialize in

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
How do you start a revolution though?worldwide?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
On page 11 of this thread, I told you how to overthrow our government without bloodshed. Part of my solution is contained in a link I posted. Nobody looked at it.

Why ask the question if you won't bother reading the solution? I think if I was a Hollywood star that lots of you would have read my words.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Your only chance is to remove decades of oppressive bills, taxes, executive orders, mandates, an incredibly expansive privately controlled financial system, sycophants in the military high command, and the entrenched politicians who serve international corporations. Also, educate the masses to repeal common poisons that they think are healthy for them (fluoride, aspartame etc.) and "wake" them up to the lies of media that they've trusted their whole life. You also have to undo decades of indoctrination and remove numerous federal entities like the Dept. of Education or Agriculture. Meanwhile, you'd have to motivate and organize millions of sedentary and selfish people while having 0 media support because the controlled media would not give you any attention unless it's making you look like a bunch of loons (this is perhaps the largest obstacle).

This will NEVER happen, anything short of divine intervention. It's a pipe dream. Don't mire yourself in pointless revolt and rhetoric. The Constitution and Declaration of Independence mean nothing to these people beyond being trophies that they'll eventually hang above their NWO fireplace.

Powers have been trying to establish global dominance for eons but now they finally have the technology and financial capability to do so. If it wasn't "them" doing it, then it would be someone else. Perhaps even you. This is human nature - this is life. Humanity was inevitably going to end up here and establish a global governing body before setting their sights beyond Earth.
edit on 2-9-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elton
Because killing fellow Americans does not sound like a reasonable solution to most Americans.

But that's the whole thing here, the people you'd be targeting [the 1%], don't identify themselves as American or by national interests. They are about family bloodlines and maintaining those bloodlines. I'm not saying that killing them is the answer, but removing them from power is. Unfortunately, these people do not want to give up their power so killing them may be the only option so to speak, because i don't think that asking them nicely to stand down would have much success ?
The masses in western societies will never [well not in the near future] rise up because the bloodlines have done too good of a job dumbing down the masses, which makes up the majority of western society. Most people today seem to be content living in the little bubble that they've allowed to be created for them to ever rise up, I mean can we expect someone to risk losing their $600,000 home and brand new 4WD in the driveway for the sake of the greater good...............not a chance in hell. People as a mjority would rather stay switched off and stay as a slave to the system and keep working and paying off all these material possessions that they crave so badly because the media told them to, then they would ever be to stand up and fight for what is RIGHT. And that means that the 1%'s plan has worked almost perfectly so far.
But the "system" that they've created only works when WE willingly contribute to it !

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

...because it's NOT our Constitutional right to overthrow a corrupt government. In fact, the Constitution pretty clearly indicates that any attempts to overthrow the government are considered treason which is, in fact, punishable by death in this country.

The REAL question is why we are not ALSO executing politicians who accept money from mulit-national corporations given that receiving bribes is ALSO treason...ESPECIALLY when it comes from governments or other interests from overseas.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join