It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you discuss 9-11

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel Kent
What is NIST?
Who is Larry Silverstien?
Who is Richard Gage?
What is the melting temperature of steel?

That is my strategy to avoid argument, what is yours?

Asking if they actually took the time to read the 9/11 commission report, becuase if they didn't do that, then it's being uninformed and ignorant to be making claims on how the report is a lie when they haven't even read it to know what these lies actually are.

You know, it's like how people keep bringing up "the melting point of steel" when there hasn't been a single report that ever claimed the fires actually melted the steel...not to mention the fact the 9/11 commission report didn't discuss how any of the buildings collapsed to begin with.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Rigel Kent

it depends who i am discussing it with

the ` no -planers ` are the most fun

the ` deliberate govt inactioners ` the most rational

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
99% of all intended discussions about 9/11 degenerate, with predictable rapidity, into heated argument and insults. on this issue (9/11 conspiracies), above all, those with opposing viewpoints find it hard to tolerate each other for long. so, how does one discuss 9/11?

calmly if possible, and with decorum, ideally.

I aree with you here. The more hard facts and information that is presented into a 9/11 discussion showing the improbability of any particular conspiracy claim, the probability increases astronomically that it will be brushed off as being disinformation from sinister secret agents, with a short hop, skip, and jump afterwards of accusing the presenter of being a sinister secret agent, as well.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
i generally avoid telling anyone about it. If i have too i tell them about thermite and the melting temperature of steel, wich works pretty well. Its a fact that cant be argued against. If they still keep having their no-hat on, i tend to say "ure right, i get peace."

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by waypastvne

I stand corrected. I'm in the middle of moving house and quite chaotic at the moment. But anyway, I don't believe any planes crashed anywhere so I'm probably best left alone to my own delusions.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

ow i was pretty sure the official reason of the collapse was the airplane and jet fuel Weakened the steel. What is the official explenation then?

Edit.
edit on 19-6-2012 by Johnkie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnkie

ow i was pretty sure the official reason of the collapse was the airplane and jet fuel Weakened the steel. What is the official explenation then?

SURPRISE! There is no "official explanation" for what caused the collapse of the towers. All that is nothing but propaganda you've been indoctrinated to believe by those damned fool conspiracy web sites. There are in fact a number of possible explanations- the NIST report, the FEMA report, the MIT report, the Purdue report, and I've even seen one from a university in Australia. They mostly contradict each other and none of them ever say their findings are the definitive answer.

That said, I myself subscribe to the Purdue report, as they analyze a component overlooked in the NIST and FEMA report- the fuel aboard the planes being an incompressible liquid and acting as a wrecking ball against the structures, which would have caused much greater damage to its structural stability than what NIST and FEMA take into account. It has computer modeling to illustrate the claim which adds credibility to the theory, but I support their conclusions because as a scuba diver I've experienced first hand the sheer force that a simple four foot wave can have. Imagine being hit by 8000 gallons. Perhaps next year there will be a whole other report that explains in precise detail how the towers collapsed that will make more sense, who can tell?

This of course has nothing to do with the OP, but hey, you asked.
edit on 19-6-2012 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
It's easy to talk about the WTC attacks here because so far nobody I've met, stranger or friend, believes the official story. It's interesting to hear what kind of theories people have, especially because very very few people are emotional about it.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by dillweed

for those of us trying to initiate a new investigation.

It will never happen. The world has moved on.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dillweed

"Imagine being hit by 8000 gallons!" Wow! You've really topped yourself this time. Plus, they used 'computer modeling'! This latest gem of insight you've posted, confirms my claim that you are hands down, the biggest loser claiming to be searching for the truth. You've become an asset for those of us trying to initiate a new investigation.

Thus, the reason why every single thread regardless of the topic gets derailed. Some heckler with absolutely nothing tangible to say comes by and posts some adolescent comment that has absolutely nothing to do with the OP. I in turn would instictively demand him to explain why anything I said was wrong, to which he would steadfastly refuse to answer while continuing to accuse me of being a sinister secret agent. This in turn entices everyone else to follow us down the same rat hole that paralyzed every other thread so that it becomes a flame war like we're a bunch of sixteen year olds.

All I will say is that this illustrates why I have over 26,000 ATS points while this fellow has NEGATIVE 5,000, so consider the source. This should be an example of how NOT to discuss 9/11.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Just bring up this subject and see what their reaction are. Did you know that the war of 1812 transpired on September 11, 1812 as well? Bet most of you didn't.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by samkent

You post bs like this, and expect people to believe that you are genuine?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWISTEDWORDS

Just bring up this subject and see what their reaction are. Did you know that the war of 1812 transpired on September 11, 1812 as well? Bet most of you didn't.

Are you suggesting that Bush or Cheney pulled the strings on that one as well?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel Kent
What is NIST?
Who is Larry Silverstien?
Who is Richard Gage?
What is the melting temperature of steel?

That is my strategy to avoid argument, what is yours?

At the risk of sounding like this is a dertailment of the thread, doesn't this question, by default, beg the OTHER question of just WHAT is considered germaine to a discussion about 9/11?

Topics concerning Renee May, Atta's connections to Al Qaida operatives while in Hamburg, and Shankville are entirely relevent, certainly, while NIST and Silverstein are relevent mostly in so far as conspiracy theorism is concerned. Is knowing who Richard Gage is really relevent to any 9/11 discussion, though? The guy had no direct or indirect involvement in the 9/11 attack, nor can he himself discuss topics such as Renee May and Atta's connections to Al Qaida operatives in Hamburg. His entire claim to fame is coming up with his own educated guesses for how the buildings collapsed, so all you're doing here is making him relevent to the 9/11 discussion yourself.

By this same logic, someone else could declare YOU to be completely uninformed about the events of 9/11 because you didn't know who Rob Balsamo was.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by samkent

In the wrong direction

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by maxella1

mmmmyeah. and 9/11 had a.b.s.o.l.u.t.e.l.y. nothing to do with "that". i mean, how could it? it's just... just impossible.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by vipertech0596

I generally let them shoot their mouths off first. Then I show them where to find the info that proves their conspiracy theories are wrong.

Wanted to slide this video across your desk. Maybe you can watch it a couple times, grace us with your viewpoint.

Please help us understand why Building 7 collapsed as it did.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Those ats points and fifty cents will get you a cup of coffee. I consider you and everything you write to be infllammatory by design, and that your agenda has nothing to do with the pursuit of truth, or justice. Where is it written that I have to respect bs? By your actions, people who are responsible for the cover-up of this crime are able to walk freely, with no immediate threat to hold them accountable for their actions. There could be no good reason for you to be here each day, other than deception. So if you don't like me criticizing what you write, don't write. But don't expect me to believe that you believe that the Purdue report is relevant to any discussion about the events of that day. That's absurd.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

Please help us understand why Building 7 collapsed as it did.

It would be easier to point out the column failure happening under the eastern penthouse, if you were to post a video that didn't have the column failure happening under the eastern penthouse edited out.
edit on 19-6-2012 by waypastvne because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join