It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd Trimester Abortions, What Is Your Stance On Them?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by couldbeanyone

are you going to adopt them? how many kids have you adopted? how many children have you fostered?

How about the woman STEPS UP and be's a woman or the man steps up and be's a man...we wouldn't have too many kids. There are adoption homes and people that would love to have kids. People are just cruel and don't want the consequences that come with their actions.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

while that is great ideology, people aren't stepping up. the orphanages are over flowing, people are neglecting the children they already have and people are out in the world making thousands of new orphans each day. i never said abortion was a good thing, because i don't believe abortion is a good thing. but there aren't enough people taking care of the children who have been abandoned already.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

it's selfish to deny someone life because it's inconvenient and maybe even hard to raise them up. so what if you can't give them the world, at least give them life

That is stupid, eggs are not people yet and therefore are not being "denied" life. If that were true, then every woman should be forced to get pregnant every year from puberty to menopause, otherwise they are "denying people life".

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

its murder..............the people involved should be thrown in jail !!! in your second trimester a women is 13 to 27 weeks pregnant look at this photo does this just look like eggs to you?
0.tqn.com...
edit on 20-3-2012 by intheknow29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

For whatever it's worth - I am against abortions at ANY stage!!

I believe it is wrong to take a life. I am NOT going to justify why I feel that way as it is a personal thing and I need justify my beliefs to NO ONE. I don not know anyone who had one is is having oe etc - it is just a humane view i have on the preservation of life that cannot speak for itself.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I believe it is wrong to take a life

So are you against war, capital punishment, landmines and arms sales as well?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
im still down for it.

no one should have any say in what anyone else wants to do. no one appointed you the world's life saver you crazy, self righteous people. if i was ever in such a position i would decide whether or not it was feasible to keep it and if not then theres no problem.

call me a psychopath you brainwashed, christian freaks but, i believe in nature and reality.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
My happy healthy daughter was born while I was in my second trimester of pregnancy, I was offered an abortion or the attempt to deliver her, due to infection it had to be one or the other. She lived with no long term complications.
If the mothers life is in danger they CAN deliver by c-section in most cases.

I am for abortion in the first trimester, but never in the 2nd for any reason unless a c-section is not possible.

Spending as much time in the NICU as I did I learned that babies born at 23-26 weeks all have very distinct personalities. They feel pain, they feel emotions, they think. Ever looked into a 24 weeks eyes and seen the intelligence behind them? I have.

I am not a christian BTW and I get very offended by being accused of being one due to my stance on abortion.
I believe people should be held to a higher standard when it comes to preventing birth. Sex education in schools does not give all the facts and is not thorough enough. To many people do not know how to take birth control pills or use a condom properly. This needs to remedied.

edit on 20-3-2012 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2012 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

I'm guessing that those who are pro-abortion are mostly pro-first trimester abortions
But I am not sure on this, I can be wrong
So I decided to make a thread

I think that a 2nd trimester abortion seems to be a topic that pro-abortionists steer away from like the plague
Or maybe not... maybe a thread just needed to be created

I'm interested to know what everyone thinks of regarding 2nd trimester abortions.
As you can see from the video babies may be able to hear conversations from the womb just while in 2nd trimester.

This alone should settle the "Is it alive" question

Thoughts

I'll admit I'm a fence hugger on this subject. I don't like abortions, period, but I recognize that there are times, such as when the baby is going to die anyway or the mother's life is in jeopardy. But, I also recognize that I, myself, cannot tell another person what they should do to their body, no matter how distasteful I might find it because I wouldn't wish that intrusion thrust upon me. I try to live by the Do Unto Others rule. As a Christian, I also believe we shouldn't be protecting abortion clinics, etc... because God gave us free will. That means the will to make mistakes, go against Him, if we wish, and make choices we may, or may not, come to regret later in life. I know this is a very, very touchy subject, and inflames a LOT of emotions. This is just my opinion of things. Take it for what it's worth....

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I dont like people telling other people what they can or can not do, so OP, why do you like to force your views on other people?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
When I am King I will keep abortion legal at any age...with one caveat: If you want to end your child's life, you birth the child and have to kill it yourself and with your bare hands...........in front of your family and friends. As King, I want all my subjects to take responsibility for their actions and not involve a third party to do their dirty work!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight76
I'll bite. You are kind of right, but the way you express it could be a bit more tactful, because it isn't drawing me to your side. I think, and I do not have a uterus so take this for what it is, that if you can't decide whether you want the baby or not in the first three months, you probably shouldn't be having a baby to begin with. I don't think that after the first trimester, unless the mother's health is compromised, abortion should be allowed. That's my comfort threshold, because while I am not religious, I do think there is a valid debate about when life begins, purely from a bio-psychological angle. When does the brain really start to form...images, for lack of a better word, and start to sense. This is a very important thing to discuss, and I am sure people with doctorates are trying to figure that out, if they don't think they already have. There is certainly common ground to be had, but hurling around things like pro-abortionist does nothing to make me want to find that common ground. I am not out there waving the flag for abortion, simply trying to be logical about it. Question for the females on, moms especially, at what point in your first pregnancy did you know "for real" that you were thinking and living "for two."

For me, I've always been drawn to children, always babysat and wanted one of my own, so when I found out I was pregnant two weeks in, I was elated. By then I had already had two miscarriages, so for me, the second I'm late, I just know. Some women do, some women don't. My daughter was a surprise, but a very, very pleasant and welcome one. I believe that by the third month, there's no reason not to hang in there and give it up for adoption if you don't want it. Btu I'm also reasonable, because I know it's not my body, nor my choice.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I am only speaking personally, for me....
I am not trying to dictate what anyone else does...
but to me, it seems that as the pregnancy progresses, those few cells somewhere along the line becomes a living human baby....I really have no problem with first trimester abortions, and to be quite frank, alot of the legislation that they are trying to get passes just might also ban alot of the options as far as birth control.
second trimester abortion, personally, I wouldn't consider unless the doctor had advised me to because of health concerns for me or the baby.

but, I don't believe you are taking anything away from the developing baby, you just be delaying a soul who wishes to enter our world for a little bit....there are more hosts out there who can do the job, and the stressed out mother with too many kids already, well, she might be doing the baby a favor by sending it away to find another host to develope in..
who knows maybe the next person they come across will be a rich mary poppins or something...

but the right to life crowd has started attacking more than second and third trimester abortions, each of which I feel do have a place in our medical system and saves lives sometimes. they are also attacking birth control.
and no, women are not just baby makers, who are to pop babies out one after another!
and still no one has explained to me how those right to lifers who are religious can get around the fact that they are eager to proclaim the "obedience" for wives in their churches, and then turn around and tell those wives to just say no to their husbands!!! it just proves that what they proclaim to believe and what they practice in their own lives are two different things.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
I don't think it's really any of my business. I think most women would have 1st trimester abortions if that were an option that was easily open to them - most women would go as soon as they knew.
2nd and 3rd trimester abortions should be legal though, because you get medical and major life problems that pop up when one might be needed. IE neural tube defects, hydrocephalus or anacephaly noted on an ultrasound, or perhaps the woman contracts cancer or who knows what.

Do I think abortion is murder? NO. Not in any case. I'm very pro-choice.
That said, my friend who was very, very pro-life - and very politically active about it - got pregnant with her 2nd baby and when she was 6 months pregnant found out that the baby had severe spinal bifida and hydrocephalus and that the child's cerebrum was not formed right - the doctors told her the child would probably be viable but would need lifetime care - most likely institutionalization.

This couple was so religious they would not even have sex unless they thought they could conceive. Sex was for procreation ONLY. GAD.

She agonized and prayed with her husband over what to do and they ended up having a 3rd trimester abortion, citing it was for the sake of their older child and future children to come, and felt that having that child was dooming a living being to a lifetime of agony.

She was VERY depressed after making that decision. It was extremely hard for them.

I'm very sorry for your friend. I know though sometimes mistakes are made, medically. I can't state in her situation, but in mine I was told somewhat the same. That my daughter would have severe spinal bifida and I needed to decide what I wanted to do. I chose to have my daughter anyway. When she went into fetal distress the day she was born, and lost all heartrate and respiration, I just prayed she'd be born alive and that if God wanted to take anyone, I begged he take me because I felt she needed a chance to live her life, no matter the consequence. Come to find out, there was nothing wrong with her spine and she was very healthy, but I did learn 3 years later she was born missing part of her brain. The brain forms in the first few weeks. I was surprised they thought she had spinal bifida but missed completely that she was missing part of her brain. Had I know then, what I'm dealing with now, I still would have had her. I loved her from the minute I knew I was having her, and hearing her heartbeat just made it all the more special to me.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
So while I am vehemently against this procedure, I agree with the above poster, it's just pointless to argue this.

I agree with this.

I have told people over and over that babies in the womb feel pain ... but they continue to say it's okay to shred them and burn them to death in the womb with chemicals. They don't get it and I'm tired of being yelled at for telling the truth. Discussing it at ATS doesn't get anywhere for anyone ...
edit on 3/20/2012 by FlyersFan because: typo

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

Yep, that is the only truth the mk sheep fail to see. We are the result of the abomination. We are the Nephilim. Therefore those that aren’t saved by the bell (cross) are doomed. One eyed fools that only cares for themselves, materialism, and to obey and serve the great Babylon. The medical oath is to the fallen ones; Apollo and the rest of the angels. Don’t believe me? Just google if you dare. The truth will set you free. But than again, stupidity rules. www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Dawn1111

Snakes, right in your face;
www.google.nl... UoAQ&biw=1120&bih=622

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
It is a completely different thing when the mothers life or health is in danger. In that case, abortion at any month should be permissible, if medically required. It is no different from killing in self-defense, so whether the foetus is a person or not, such abortion is allowed. Most countries do not allow late-term abortions, but there is always an exception for medical necessity.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

There is no way how fetuses can feel pain before 5th month of pregnancy:
PAIN AND ITS EFFECTS IN THE HUMAN NEONATE AND FETUS

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Question for all of the "I am for a woman's right to her body..." ranters:

How exactly is the fetus a "part of her body", while the fetus has it's own specific DNA, in some cases a different blood type, and in 1/2 the cases a penis? I am all for a woman to have the right to say what goes on for her body, but the fetus' body is not hers, so could we please stop that argument.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join