It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant Seattle protester miscarries after being kicked, pepper sprayed

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2024

You know what? It is really sad...the way we are hearing the story. But if you weren't there, then you have no idea what the situation was. Maybe the cops didn't hear her...maybe they did. But I find it hard to believe that any cop (human being) would intentionally try to harm a pregnant woman. In my opinion, she shouldn't have been there. But that is just my opinion. Either way, it's a sad story. However, if it were me, I wouldn't be able to be broadcast all over the news so soon.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by Revealation
You brought your child into this world (as did I 3) so some would argue that that's irresponsible of us as parents. The fact they live in this world means their deaths are innevitable. You drive a car? then you risk their lives on a daily basis

This is a classic Reductio ad Absurdum

Need I say more...

Actually, I do:

would it be a good idea for a pregnant lady to go on a bungee jump?

edit on 22-11-2011 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

A bungee jump has no concept of right and wrong. If your rope breaks, or if it tangles around your neck, it does not consider it. Inanimate objects do not think nor do they forgive.

Police are supposed to. They are upholders of the law. They are the ones who made the choice to become officers of that law. The motto needs to be changed to "To beat and subdue"

Also, it's absurd to compare the act of a thrill sport with protesting using your rights. You go bungee jumping while pregnant, you know you are 100% putting that child at risk. In this case, that guarantee is not absolute, and it should be 100% you are guaranteed safety from the people who swore an oath to protect and serve.

The only reason this happened is due to apathy and the thought process that says "Well the police are beating people and acting like thugs. That's perfectly normal, so she should have known."

Reductio ad absurdum indeed..

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
It was a sick act, and it's sad to see so many sick people in this thread trying to justify what happened.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha
You go bungee jumping while pregnant, you know you are 100% putting that child at risk. In this case, that guarantee is not absolute, and it should be 100% you are guaranteed safety from the people who swore an oath to protect and serve.

Sorry but that doesn't hold water. First, even a bungee jump does not mean 100% risk. On the other hand, it's ridiculous to ask for 100% safety in a place like a crowded bar, or maybe a street protest.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inconceivable
It appears that her story is falling apart. This story shows that she is not being honest.

slog.thestranger.com...

Interesting to read the updates...

Sad too, if that is the case. But time will tell..

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

You go bungee jumping while pregnant, you know you are 100% putting that child at risk. In this case, that guarantee is not absolute, and it should be 100% you are guaranteed safety from the people who swore an oath to protect and serve.

Sorry but that doesn't hold water. First, even a bungee jump does not mean 100% risk. On the other hand, it's ridiculous to ask for 100% safety in a place like a crowded bar, or maybe a street protest.

So why did you bring up bungee jumping? Kinda silly to imply it's stupidity to do it, then say it's not 100% risk.

I'd bet you anything the force of the upswing and subsequent jostling would indeed be damaging to an unborn foetus.

Still, my point is that you should feel SAFE around police officers, not be thinking "I best not go out today, the police might beaqt me and pepper spray me for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, despite the fact I will be of no harm to anyone and doing nothing illegal."

Welcome to North Korea...
edit on 22/11/2011 by Ha`la`tha because: wording could have been better...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
poor lady, poor baby.

sad days. may they be happier.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustXeno
It was a sick act, and it's sad to see so many sick people in this thread trying to justify what happened.

No one is trying to justify what happened; but she should have known better and been more careful. Two totally separate issues.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

That's true, but it's also true that we don't go out of our ways to multiply the risks by a factor of a thousand.

That effectively says that being around police officers and doing nothing illegal, puts you in danger by a factor of a thousand.

That's the real problem... not what her thinking was. Stupidity or not, if the case is true (as there may be doubt now) then this is not a police force I support.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Now you went and finally did it police farce... your first fatality

You tried to murder a few soldiers , maced an elderly defenseless lady students for sitting and stooped to a new low... they managed to kill a baby,congrats hope you are happy now. All to appease master, the Banker.

They were doing this to the berkely kids a few weeks ago "attack the stomach" and got away with it

HELL awaits for these vile swine, the devils henchmen

I cant think of what vile crime is next, run over a baby with a tank? Throw a baby in a bon fire?

I wont doubt it

The Bankers are probably celebrating with Cake
edit on 22-11-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

May this too go viral, moreso than any of the other stories of police brutality because someone DIED. I hope she wins a lawsuit for wrongful death or criminal negligence causing death since she announced that she was pregnant.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

That's true, but it's also true that we don't go out of our ways to multiply the risks by a factor of a thousand.

That effectively says that being around police officers and doing nothing illegal, puts you in danger by a factor of a thousand.

The "illegal" part is debatable. I frankly don't know all details. I"m assuming there was some legal grounds for eviction.

That girl was in the process of being arrested by the police some weeks prior, when she and her friends were found squatting in a house, when she said she was pregnant and her stomach was hurting. They sent her to the hospital then.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
she should have thought before attending.

its sad that she lost the child but it was her decision to place herself and her unborn child in a volatile envireonment where violence was bound to happen.

people have to accept responsibility for their actions and must realise that for all actions there are consequences. rather than blame others for their failure to think.

she failed her responsibility to the safety of her unborn child.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I love all the people in this thread that assume this woman is telling the truth. No need for more evidence than her own words eh? I guess as long as it's police being blamed, that's enough.

I'd be willing to bet if a cop claimed a protestor attack them and caused serious bodily injury, people would be jubilant. "Pig deserved it!"

IF, there is more evidence produced than what is known so far, then I might feel compelled to believe her story.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The fact that she's pregnant isn't important anyway, the fact that the cop pepper sprayed and beat her is what is wrong, just like the cop that sprayed all those students at point blank, and the cop who shot a "non lethal" beanbag gun at a fellow and fractured his skull putting him in hospital, and all these were peacefull protests.

Viva La Revoloution!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolutionz
The fact that she's pregnant isn't important anyway, the fact that the cop pepper sprayed and beat her is what is wrong, just like the cop that sprayed all those students at point blank, and the cop who shot a "non lethal" beanbag gun at a fellow and fractured his skull putting him in hospital, and all these were peacefull protests

I can agree with that. Now, what do you think about the whole idea of permits issued by the City, for use of various locations and venues for protesting?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
How do these cops sleep at night?
children AND babies are at the protests.
Just imagine if someones child gets beaten or killed by the police?

A couple weeks ago we were up at the occupy in Portland and many of the occupies had children and baby strollers. Imagine if cops tear gassed and ransacked the place without warning?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
It's time to put this to a stop! I would start locking these protesters up until it's over; not just arrest them and let them go.
She killed her baby plain and simple. End of story.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by otie1
A couple weeks ago we were up at the occupy in Portland and many of the occupies had children and baby strollers.

...as human shields?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMar

Yeah sadly that's true and imo its only a matter of time before a cop does get hurt and the $#!t hits the fan...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join