It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lisa Irwin - Missing - One Year Later

page: 180
<< 177  178  179    181  182  183 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
OH and Darlie Routier is on the list..

''Darlie Routier is on death row in Texas, convicted of the murder of one of her two sons, who were killed in the early morning of June 6, 1996. The media coverage of the investigation into the murders of Devon and Damon Routier depicted the crime as another heartless mother whose children were getting in the way of her lifestyle, so she killed them.'''

crime.about.com...

I actually saw a few different docus' on routier and I personally happen to think she might be innocent. I'm not SURE but I lean towards innocent. Fascinating story for anyone interested.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Thank you OIO for the info. I for one am on pins n' needles waiting for more information about the hearing.
Again, I'm glad I'm not in the position to make a decision about where is best for Lisa's brother.

Schmae My GAWD that info you posted is incredible. I knew it was high - the number of parents that in fact killed their children but I didn't realize it was THAT high.

And the other case you gave a link to. Now THAT is a case. I want to look here on ATS and see if I can find any information. I'm very curious about it now. If I don't find anything how about YOU starting a thread on it! *poke prod* You'd be great at it!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Silo I'm on pins and needles too! I keep checking, but I haven't found anything yet. Seems the media has gone silent on the Baby Lisa case.

In other news, police have made an arrest in the Jorelys Rivera case.

GBI Director Vernon Keenan identified the man as Ryan Brunn, 20, of Canton. Keenan said Brunn lived at the apartment complex where Jorelys was killed and was a maintenance worker there. He had no known criminal record, Keenan said. He had been employed at the complex since Nov. 7.

Keenan said Brunn had been charged in the killing and additional charges may be filed by the Cherokee County District Attorney's Office.
ajc.com
I think it will be interesting to find out what lead police to this guy so quickly.

Now off to check the news sites again!
OiO

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Thank you for the warm welcome :-)

Interview about BL with Marc Klass, father or murdered 12 yr old Polly Klass and founder of Klass Kids.

www.youtube.com...#!
He backs up some damning points about the parents, just why are they refusing to help in any way? cos it does seem that way to me. Just hope something breaks soon.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I just know I'd be out there doing everything I could. I'm not a parent, I only have cats, but I've had cats go missing and I've been out there, middle of the night, in dressing gown and slippers, rattling a box of go-cat, looking and shouting. I just don't get it. Fair enough if LE has said no, it would hinder the investigation, but I've seen nothing but LE say they are not cooperating anymore.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Maybe I might consider it Silo but only once this case is resolved !

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by skibaboo

If they are 100% innocent and have absolutely zero to do with Lisa's disappearance and a masked hooded wandering stranger walked in and took off with the baby,,,, THEN they are the most unaffected, unconcerned parents I 've ever seen in this kind of case. You know what Irwins,? If you truly do not care where Lisa is, at least ACT like you do !!!!!! Just pretend you do !

A poster on another forum said If a stranger abducted Lisa, then he is the luckiest kidnapper on earth because how could he have known Lisa's own mother would be constant pointing the finger at herself through her actions and worsd and INACTION mostly.
I agree and he's also lucky because
The barking dog did not bark.
The only adult home was blackout drunk.
None of the drinking outdoor neighbors saw him.
He knew where all the light switches were and where Lisa's room was.
He knew where the cell phones were ( but did not know they didnt work)
He knew where to quickly buy a pre paid calling card to activate the phones.
He knew someone at the megan house and that they were all suspicious in nature.
He knew his way around the neighborhood enough to apparently disappear with no trace.
Lucky guy alright.
edit on 7-12-2011 by schmae because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by schmae
reply to post by skibaboo

If they are 100% innocent and have absolutely zero to do with Lisa's disappearance and a masked hooded wandering stranger walked in and took off with the baby,,,, THEN they are the most unaffected, unconcerned parents I 've ever seen in this kind of case. You know what Irwins,? If you truly do not care where Lisa is, at least ACT like you do !!!!!! Just pretend you do !

Very true schmae. The apparent apathy these parents have for finding Lisa is disheartening. If they don't want to look themselves at the very lest they could encourage others to do so. Even if it is just a written statement for the press, an appeal for the prayer vigils to continue at a local park or a big ole sign placed in their yard. Anything to show some emotion toward the fate of this little girl would be better than their stone cold silence.

Still haven't found any info on the custody case.

OiO

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

RIGHT ONE !
How about a statement like ''' we are too devastated and destroyed to search,,,,,,, we are told that statistically after so much time, chances of finding her safe are slim and even though we have hope, we cannot search ourselves. it's too painful and painful for our boys and we are trying to put things back in order to go forward. we appreciate all your prayers and all your searching and GOD BLESS you please continue to search for our baby''

Or how about that tearful plea straight to the kidnapper that almost ALL parents do that these parents have not done?? You know the one ' if you have her please bring her home safe, tell her we love her'' etc...........
Silence...................literal crickets from the parents..
What a heart breaker !

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Silence from the moment the lawyer came in, moving on and getting back to normal, no more prayer vigils.. it's like they know she's already gone. Wonder why that is....

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Welp. Seems a gag order is in place for the custody situation.

Found the news via twitter that linked to Russ Ptacek's (CNN) Facebook page.

Russ Ptacek
Irwin family attorney has agreed to gag order - unclear whether boy's mother agreed to stop talking about case.

Russ Ptacek
"We stipulated to the gag order as we have no interest in discussing publically the custody of a minor child," says Jeremy Irwin's attorney John Anthony Picerno.

Russ Ptacek
NEW TONIGHT IN THE BABY LISA CASE: A GAG ORDER AGREED TO IN THE FAMILY FEUD OVER THE CUSTODY OF HER BROTHER.

Russ Ptacek Facebook

OiO

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Oh SNAP! All of the following is from this link. OH WOW !

www.examiner.com...

Recent developments, however, have led to speculation that an arrest in the case may be imminent.

Ron Rugen, a Kansas City based private investigator working the case, claims that police have disclosed that not only did a cadaver dog hit on the floor of the parent's bedroom, as originally reported, but that the specially trained cadaver dogs also picked up the scent of human decomposition on a blanket, toy and several articles of clothing belonging to baby Lisa.

Another indication that law enforcement may be preparing to make an arrest in the case is the fact that the department has quietly shut down the command center that was established to help develop tips in the missing baby's case.

Police also announced that they are no longer treating the disappearance of baby Lisa as a missing person's case, leaving many to speculate that police are aware that the child is no longer alive.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Here is some so-called documentation re Johnny C.
I haven't heard anything about him speaking to media...
this was posted to the Baby Lisa Irwin Updates fb page.
ujsportal.pacourts.us...

3 pages showing pretty detailed entries regarding him.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by schmae

Ok so very interesting and this never dawned on me. The KCPD shut down the task force or Lisa unit NOT because the case was giong cold, but because they are FINISHED with their case???????
Thoughts ??

OH X where are you ?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by schmae

Wow. No longer "missing".....I'm not so sure the examiner or this Rugen guy can be taken at their word...
but wow.

Thanks for posting that, schmae.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Isnt the examiner sort of like an enquirer light? Like a gossip rag , so to speak?
I don't know but the theories of no longer a missing person and closing the command center
are intriguing ideas at least. Uncle Johnny is allegedly in KC, so we'll see.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by schmae

yeah, it is. I signed up to be a "contributor" on examiner a year or so ago....all they do is read a sample of your writing, and your version of your credentials and experience, and POOF! You're an examiner writer!

No transcript required, no references....you just choose a "category" or "topic" that is available and sign up. And then they say "Congratulations! Remember, we do not spell-check or edit articles submitted. You will earn paypal points whenever anyone hits your article." I wrote 3 entries, within a couple of days. A while later I went to check how much was in my "paypal" account. TWO CENTS.
Seriously.

So, yeah, don't take examiner as anything but a blog....
(the entries I put in there were backed up by my actual knowledge, but that is really not their gig.) They are just looking for "writers" and "reporters" who are wiling to work for free. In fact, I got an email from them yesterday (or the day before?) saying "We can't help but notice you haven't posted anything in the last 30 days", which made me LOL, because it's been like 10 months that I posted anything.....

Plus, the "editors" emailing me with encouraging little items have changed at least 6 times since then.

edit on 7-12-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
*** Edit to add - If you guys have questions feel free to shoot me a U2U to let me know you or someone else asked one in the thread. ***

Until you hear something official from Law Enforcement or the Prosecuting Attorneys office I would not place much stock in any reports of the case being concluded / over with / etc.

A command unit is established to assist in the collection and dissemination of information on a serious investigation. As stated before when it comes to abductions the first 24 - 48 hours is critical, and it starts to dwindle downward from there.

Kansas City crime did not stop during the baby Lisa incident, nor did crimes in other states that require assistance from the FBI and specialized units and forensic groups.

Law Enforcement is present to protect society, not the individual. With that being said Baby Lisa and her parents aren't the only residents of Kansas City the Police Department serves. If resources are intentionally left in place because of public opinion and not operational needs, then what happens with the next abduction? Are they to keep resources open there as well? What about a suicide that the family thinks is a murder? How long do the police keep resources tied up?

Not one of those incidents listed are any more important or less important to the families than the others. The hardest part with ANY investigation is the end game, whether it be an arrest or a cold case file with no leads.

As an example KCPD pulled off the bulk of their detectives because of other pending, similar crimes. They just announced today they are reshuffling officers and detectives to increase the size of their anti gang units to x4 of its current level because of the gang issues they are having.

These arent new officers, they are being pulled from other units to staff, which means those units have manpower shortages, meaning detectives take more cases, meaning a slow down in investigations themselves.

This is just one investigation out of hundreds KCPD has going on....

If KCPD has information to make an arrest, they will make the arrest, and the media will be the last to know about it.

Until you see them being led away in handcuffs, its an open investigation that has had its staffing levels reduced due to the fact of reduced information coming in and the clearing of almost all tips submitted.

When we work a fatality accident on the highway, we shut the highway down and do our thing. The further into the investigation we get ,the less resources that are needed. Fire and EMS is allowed to leave, Medical examiner pronounces the body and its removed. Measurements are taken and slowly lanes of th highway are reopened to allow normal flow. Eventually law enforcement has all the info they can get from that scene, the scene is released and traffic resumes normally. The police are gone, but it doesnt mean they arent still working the case.

This is no different.
edit on 7-12-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I do not remember seeing this in the last few pages of the thread. I came across this story:

Yemi Elegunde’s New Autobiography Reveals Child Abduction Story

I found it interesting and it pointed to an ABC.com article:

Missing in America: Sky Metalwala, Baby Lisa Among Thousands

The ABC article lists a whole line of missing kids. If you posted it, I am sorry -- I must have zoned out when reading and apologize. I found them both interesting.

IWOH

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Oh right, I remember you telling this some pages back. So it's just kind of a joke. This is the writer's opinion. HOWEVER they are still good points I hadn't thought of.
More things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmm.

new topics

top topics

<< 177  178  179    181  182  183 >>

join