It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billionaire sheikh carves his name in desert so big it can be seen from SPACE

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Hopes none see this as a form of idol worship because his name is written big enough so there wouldnt be any mistakes. SMH the rich does it again

edit on 7/22/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DBCooper71

You guys all sound completely and utterly jealous.

Its his land, he can do what he wants with it. Meanwhile... environmental impact? haha how ridiculous. Hes digging grooves in some sand, have you guys seen the stuff they do over there with sand?

You would be the first bunch of people to jump in about being able to do what you want on your own property. So this guy has 100000x more property and money than you and suddenly what he does with it is evil?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Wow, this man is a complete waste of space. Instead of doing something IMPORTANT, he would rather have his name written in the sand. Wow, someone needs a kick in the nuts.

Edit: Wonder what would happen if I decided to write my name on a wall somewhere. Hmm, I wonder. Can't believe hes defaced our planet. If the aliens are watching I'm sure they have face palmed by now

edit on 22/7/11 by David291 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by David291

its his money and his land. show me the law which says he has to do something nice with it.

look at all the people driving around with $3000+ wheels on their car - oh no they should have donated that to charity! those scumbags!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by black0h

I'm not jealous at all, I've written my name in the sand loads of times.

And yes its his land and money and he can do what he like's with it.
But if he is going to do something so ostentatious, then I think he deserves to be ridiculed.
Somehow though I don't think he's going to be to worried about what I think of him.

edit on 22-7-2011 by DBCooper71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
HAHAHA check out one of his vehicles

www.automotto.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
To all of those that look at this and think that it is udderly disgusting that this man would spend soooo much time and money on somthing so frivilous.

Take a look at yourselves. I bet native people from around the world would look at your tricked out cars ,big houses, and big boy toys the exact same way. .......with udder disgust.

So dont be so quick to judge.
This guy is just a member of the lucky gene pool club and is doing things the way he was raised.
Just as the majority of the members here were also born to that same club, just to a lesser degree.

shame on you for bashing mister Durka Durka.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
To the people saying he's a "waste", let me ask you a question:

Do you think Mount Rushmore should be demolished too, because clearly, it's just as much a product of ego?

Just saying, if you are against this name thing, you also have to be against similar displays of ego...like Mount Rushmore, or the Eiffel Tower, or the Lincoln statue.

In short, stop being such hypocrites just because he's a Muslim

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

If some crazy, wealthy, right wing fanatic built something like this, these very same Muslim-phobes would be defending his 'vision'.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join