It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago School Bans Homemade Lunches

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
What's next? Telling kids what to watch/not watch on tv? Parents, fight this! Tooth and bloody nail. Letting big brother feed your kids, telling them who to vote for, what to eat/watch/talk about!

Nanny state be damned!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
The American public has been going down the #ter. Sorry form using a curse word. I cannot stand why schools will force such terrible rules. The entire school system needs a makeover. I read an article where they brought children from China to increase the school testing. Are students are in terrible trouble in the future. Wake up America!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I wouldn't be surprised many parents would want this for their children. A small percentage of angry mother's throwing childish fits because they don't like how the school runs.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by triplereiki
I will tell you right now, my kid will eat a REAL good breakfast and eat a REAL good lunch when she gets back home. I absolutely DO NOT TRUST others especially since this news came out. You do not know what they may plan to put into those kids food...think about it, many would not take the previous vaccines that were being pushed, and again I do not trust this crap. We parents need to step up, and step up now everywhere BEFORE this crap is implemented throughout the US.

Thinking along the same lines I am! After they pushed the swine flu shots so hard, I started wondering WHY, since fewer people were sick and dying of it than from regular flu. Now, they want to force school lunches on kids?!?!? SO glad my kids are not in the school system! Wish all parents would pull their kids, tell the government and the system that we don't want to waste any more tax money on this crap. It hasn't been about education for a long time now.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
What's next? Telling kids what to watch/not watch on tv? Parents, fight this! Tooth and bloody nail. Letting big brother feed your kids, telling them who to vote for, what to eat/watch/talk about!

Nanny state be damned!

beezzer,

Hell, I knew you and I could agree on something.

Leave it to school lunches in Chicago to "light the way".

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by eightonefive

totally agree
everyone should home school and see what they do but we all know they would then make it illegal to home school your child.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
this is more about filling cafeteria cash tills than your kids health. but chicago is famous for corruption.

you can most likely bet the cosa nostra caters and supplies the food to the schools and some politician gets a nice kick back for the concession.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Anyone considering homeschooling?....DO IT!!! I am homeschooling 4 in different grade levels and though by three 0'clock all of us are wiped...its worth it. Children have a love for learning and exploration...riiiiiiiiiiight up until they start school. As the years pass it is slowly sucked out of them and I watched in horror as it happened to my own children. And the food that they were served at lunch I wouldn't give to my dogs half the time. Since being in a more relaxed learning environment their attitudes have changed, they rarely ever get sick and all of them seem to have adjusted to the change and are even thriving. Plus I get to prepare their meals myself and make sure they get the right things without those special "seasonings" courtesy of uncle Sam

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
where in the hell is a good firing squad when you need one?
either way, anybody who sends their kid to propagan...errrhmm, public school, without any other options is a complete moron...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
So what will they do if kids bring their lunches to school? Take it off them, have them arrested, kick them out?
I would love this if they did it at my kids school, they'd be backing down in two days.

It's just for revenue collection. Man, kids experiencing a type of tax at school?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
So what will they do if kids bring their lunches to school? Take it off them, have them arrested, kick them out?
I would love this if they did it at my kids school, they'd be backing down in two days.

It's just for revenue collection. Man, kids experiencing a type of tax at school?

Wow! Didn't think of that.

What if some kid went ahead and brought a brown bag lunch despite instruction to the contrary?

Excellent point daggyz!

You know, the way people feel nowadays I wouldn't be surprised if we found the answer to that question very quickly.
edit on 12-4-2011 by Hessling because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
School food is some of the most vile, disgusting slop ever served on a plate. It's all processed, packed with preservatives, and frozen, "ready to eat/serve". It shouldn't even be classified as food, it doesn't fit the definition. It fills your stomach, but you're better off filling it with wax.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
As long as the food at school was nice i wouldnt have complained...

Although i can just see it now, innocent lunch trades have been turned into a shady black market

Another way to look at this is that it may create bad budget and spending habits later in life, while at the moment their cafferteria food is covered or subsidised what happens when this habit continues into college or work life.
Why take your lunch when you can just buy it each day for crazy prices....
edit on 12-4-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
As long as the food at school was nice i wouldnt have complained...

Although i can just see it now, innocent lunch trades have been turned into a shady black market

Care for some Egg Salad?

It's really good! Trust me! I would never lie about a sandwich.

Truly!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I am appalled there are people this stupid living in America. What part of liberty don't they understand?

Then again, my public elementary and middle schools both forced us to wear (and purchase) expensive uniforms unless our parents signed a waiver. That was a total fiasco because some kids, (usually the trouble makers) were the ones who generally came to school without a uniform or a waiver, and school officials generally didn't want to shake down everyone who was out of uniform to find out if they had a waiver or not.

Freedom comes with risks, unfortunately one of the risks we assume as Americans is the potential that we may decide to consume incredible quantities of cheetos and become obese...

Honestly, especially with the passage of healthcare "reform," I think this type of crap is going to spread quickly.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MJZoo

I homeschooled my my kids from middle school on out about ten years ago. I live in an area where the public schools have been in serious trouble since the 1970's and also a city where gang activity is high. As long as you are organized and dedicated you should do wonderful. I didn't listen to anyone who said I couldn't do it. The result: Kids are smart, decent well adjusted humans with many friends, employed with a diploma and enrolled in advanced schooling for now. Those are all the areas that your opponents will say your kids will suffer in

While I was growing up it was a well held belief that women had less of a chance of deciding to homeschool because they "had" to work, but mr. shockedonlooker and I have lived frugally and done fine financially. I'll be curious to see whether the shortage of jobs, lower paying jobs with higher expenses to work, continuing decline in schools and union wars will increase the number of families who homeschool.

Be ready for society to assume you are a fundamental Christian, even if you are not. Maybe that attitude will drift in another direction also...the people I met during my time as a homeschooler just wanted what was best for their children individually and families, period. I wish you the best of luck and commend your decision

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
this is again one of the most stupid things we get actually in this stupid stupid world !
as a european I really start thinking US is becoming crazy : not the Joe Sixpack people but all those decision makers, the powers in place ... come on, where do they get it from ???
do they have brains or do they have Genetic Modified # ( GMS, remember this word, it will become common in future hahahaha ) in their skull ?
crazy, stupid, foolish, where do we go in heaven's name, poor parents up there that have to fight for giving THEIR good education to THEIR children and try to love them as much as possible in this non-human brave new world ......
I read lots of problems up there in USA , with children being treated without respect, without human feelings, like robots ..... what kind of adults will they become later ? Please up there, make it STOP !! STOP the madness becoming normallity !!!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I don't understand this thing with home-schooling or making your kid get an allergy note. People! Running away is not the solution. You have to fight to change that. Letting it slip is how the Nazis and Soviets gained ever more power.

Fight the power! Speak with the school.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz

they should not try to do this to my children also !!
hey man/woman : where is the brave macho man in USA gone ??? ;-)
where are the fighters for a free society ???

I can see where the Powers really want to go : food control !!! just Monsanto Frankenstein food all over, with a bit Fukushima radiation for preservation and tasty sensation ....
this world is getting mad, that is for sure !!
We have to FIGHT for a HUMAN world, for Mother Nature, for everyone that want to live a "normal/natural" life !!!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

The school is being paid by Macdonalds to serve their crap food no doubt!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join