It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who was inside flight 11? Is this an Israeli Hebrew accent?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hooper

So you see antisemitism someplace and think you are waging some kind of E-War here against the Evil Nazis, when this thread is just about if this is an hebrew accent on the tape or not. Id muchly appreciate you take your attitude and paranoia to the threads of other people.

To make at least this post on topic.

Originally posted by BRAVO949
The recording, which was played as part of the official 9/11 Commission investigation, is of a native Hebrew speaker speaking English with a rather strong Hebrew accent.

If you want to confirm this for yourself simply find on the internet a few examples of Hebrew speakers and a few examples of Arabic speakers and listen to each of them.

Hebrew and Arabic are Semitic languages but the accent of a Hebrew speaker in English is not similar at all to the accent of a native Arabic speaker in English.

For example, there is no "P" sound in Arabic. Arabic speakers will normally substitiute the sound of the letter "B" for "P".

In this case the man clearly uses a "P" sound when he says "planes".

You may or may not like the fact that the voice indicates a Hebrew accent but it clearly does and no honest linguist or person familiar with Arabic and Hebrew would ever say this recording was anything other than a Hebrew speaker speaking English.

PS - there is no trace of a German accent in this recording so the official story as to whom the voice belongs is not supported by this recording.

edit on 8-6-2011 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

So you see antisemitism someplace and think you are waging some kind of E-War here against the Evil Nazis,

Its funny you didn't say "you THINK you see anti-Semitism".

when this thread is just about if this is an hebrew accent on the tape or not.

Again, Hebrew is a language and languages don't have accents, people have accents.

Id muchly appreciate you take your attitude and paranoia to the threads of other people.

I bet you would.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
You are right. Arabic speakers don't say Balestine.

The say Filistin - in English it sounds like Filisteen.

There is no "P" in Arabic. I think we have established that fact.

I hope I sound calm because this is an issue to be discussed not argued over.

As I suggested, listen to several Hebrew speakers speaking English then listen to several Arabic speakers speaking English. You can argue on a variety of points but if you listen to four other samples of Hebrew speakers the voice on this recording will match them.

It is clear that this man is a native Hebrew speaker.

Are there native Arabic speakers able to pronounce an English "P" sound?

Of course.

However this man has a fairly strong accent, in this case a Hebrew accent and if Hebrew had no "P" sound, which it does, then you would expect a Hebrew man with this level of accent to mispronounce the "P" sound to at least some degree but he doesn't because he is a native Hebrew speaker and Hebrew does include a "P" sound.

Native Arabic speakers roll their "R's". Native Hebrew speakers tend to pronounce the "R" sound as a slight "RW" combination.

Listen again to the way this Hebrew speaker says "airport".

There was an Israeli citizen onboard the plane if we can believe anything released by the 9/11 Commission.

His name was Daniel "Danny" Mark Lewin.

It would be easy to claim that "Danny" was the Hebrew speaker who left his vocal imprint on this famous recording but I wouldn't make that claim because "Danny" was born in the USA and moved to Israel after he lived in the US for a number of years and linquistically would probably not have an accent like the one we hear on this recording.

Someone else can translate "can of worms" into Hebrew but based on the last statement there is evidence that there were at least two Israeli's on the plane.

"Danny" was supposedly stabbed by a hijacker. Does that mean an Israeli man who happened to have been in an elite Israeli military unit that was tasked with counter-hijacking was trying to save the home of his birth fighting the men headed by the Hebrew speaker and thus against his adopted nation?

Or, was "Danny" one of the hijackers. Was he stabbed by a brave and patriotic American who did not move to Israel with his family when he was a kid?

I say stabbed here but the evidence suggests that someone may have been shot.

Remember, at least one person who reported the hijacking used the word Middle Eastern to describe the men. Israelis are Middle Eastern - they keep telling us they are at least.

"Danny" supposedly was sitting right near the hijackers or was he a hijacker?

If you believe the official story you have to admit that a former elite Israel military officer perhaps trained to handle this very sort of event was stabbed or shot pretty well right off the bat by a complete rank amateur with no military experience as part of a team headed by an urban planning graduate.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BRAVO949

Do you think the "p" sound in plane and airplane is quite pronounced? Like someone who might be linguistically overcompensating, like say someone who has no "p" sound in his native language and is therefore making a conscious effort to speak clearly?

Obviously someone who is a native Arabic speaker.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
If a man was in a job interview to work at Home Depot he might try to hide his accent but...

I think that a person involved in, literally the crime of the century, about to die, who didn't know his voice was
being recorded would be thinking about several dozen things but not about pronouncing "P's".

Granted, he does sound calm and professional and I think he was a professional military commando because amateurs just can not pull off operations like 9/11.

It would be interesting to put this recording through voice stress analysis to determine how much stress the person was under.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRAVO949
If a man was in a job interview to work at Home Depot he might try to hide his accent but...

I think that a person involved in, literally the crime of the century, about to die, who didn't know his voice was
being recorded would be thinking about several dozen things but not about pronouncing "P's".

Granted, he does sound calm and professional and I think he was a professional military commando because amateurs just can not pull off operations like 9/11.

It would be interesting to put this recording through voice stress analysis to determine how much stress the person was under.

Linguistic overcompensation is automatic. Hence the clear addition of the "P". Glad you agree that the "P" in plane and airplane were clearly and markedly pronounced. Not like someone who regularly uses the sound in their native speaking, say if they spoke Hebrew.

He sounds calm and professional because he was suicidal.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hooper

You are clearly here just to flame and derail the thread. I politely ask you to take your attitude and ill behaviour to other people threads. It has come to my attention that there are people you would define as twoofers who like to argue and call people nazis just as much as you do. You can spew venom at each other ad infinitum there. Will you be so corteous and respectfull, or do you want to keep giving the impression that your development arrested at the stage of an 13 year old, with manners to match?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Sounds israeli to me..!!

Regardless of what hoopers opinion is.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
reply to post by hooper

You are clearly here just to flame and derail the thread. I politely ask you to take your attitude and ill behaviour to other people threads. It has come to my attention that there are people you would define as twoofers who like to argue and call people nazis just as much as you do. You can spew venom at each other ad infinitum there. Will you be so corteous and respectfull, or do you want to keep giving the impression that your development arrested at the stage of an 13 year old, with manners to match?

So you are only interested in hearing from people who agree with you, right? You don't like me pointing out the obvious but I will keep doing exactly that. For the record I never called anyone a nazi - you brought that up.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The native Hebrew speaker in this case pronounces his "P's" exactly like every other native Hebrew speaker pronounces his "P's".

The native Hebrew speaker does not over pronounce them and if you would take a moment to listen to a few other native Hebrew speakers speaking English that fact would become clear to you.

Someone who is an expert on Hebrew accents could probably tell you that this man was from Tel Aviv or Haifa and might even be able to tell you when he learned English and whether he lived in the US say as part of his commando training for example.

BTW, "Linguistic overcompensation" is not only not automantic it is not a term used in linguistics but it does sound kind of cool so I might use it but I will give you credit for it - deal?

Whoever the man is and I think we can say Israeli man after all this discussion he is familiar with English to the extent that he uses idioms. In this case "don't do anything stupid."

Again, he has a strong accent but his grammar is good and he uses idioms which may indicate "linquistically" but not automtically that he spent some time around people who speak idiomatic English.

At least 10% of the Jewish Israeli population speak English fluently and idiomatically so it is reasonable that an Israeli hijacker, if that is what this man was, would throw in an idiom or two.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Okay - serached around a bit and found some recordings of Hebrew speakers.

Our buddy sounds most like Gilad
Gilad Atzmon (born Tel Aviv)
Musician, political activist - damn fine human being
www.youtube.com...

Israeli Soldier - starting at 03:50 talking about Israel war crimes.
www.youtube.com...

Here is real live natural Hebrew - see how the man in the recording sounds exactly like this. Listen for crisp vowels and consonants.
www.youtube.com...

Ilan Pappe (born in Haifa) talking about Israeli war crimes and Israeli propaganda...
Expert on Zionist / Israeli ethnic cleansing.
Some of you know this. Same may learn a new reality
www.youtube.com...

Israel Shamir (born in Novosibersk, not part of Israel but it damn near was)
www.israelshamir.net...
www.israelshamir.net...
Listen to his "R's" they match the Israeli man on tape.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Neat ^^ Do you have examples of arabic accents too? I didnt find any good ones on youtube. I admit to not putting too much effort in it though :p .

That is something you could have done hooper instead of pouting seen as you seem convinced that aint an hebrew accent although you wont share why.
edit on 9-6-2011 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

If you scroll down this link a bit you will find the passenger manifest and seating arrangements for Flight AA 11 on 9/11 :-

www.911myths.com...

Can you indicate to me please who your supposed " native hebrew speaker " was ?

Do you think that Atta, the al-Sheris, al-Omari and al-Suqami just happened to be along for the ride ?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1

If you scroll down this link a bit you will find the passenger manifest and seating arrangements for Flight AA 11 on 9/11 :-

www.911myths.com...

Can you indicate to me please who your supposed " native hebrew speaker " was ?

Do you think that Atta, the al-Sheris, al-Omari and al-Suqami just happened to be along for the ride ?

Again with that faulty reasoning. First we have to determine wether the accent is hebrew or not. If it turns out to be hebrew, then we can go on about how it ended up on the tape, wether the voice was recorded on the flight or not etc. . How about you dig up some clips of arabs speaking english (preferably egyptian), so we can put them next to the alleged voice recording of flight 11?

Maybe there exist even more voice overs of the alleged terrorists themselves. Didnt they record some kind of message on video?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

First we have to determine wether the accent is hebrew or not.

Why? Why Hebrew? There are literally tens of thousands of dialects in the world spoken by persons who do not speak English as a first language. Why is Hebrew the only choice? Why is Hebrew the first choice? Why not Farsi? Why not Pashtu? Why not Urdu? Why not Baluchi?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by hooper

Why? Why Hebrew?

Well, I am not an expert but I know that drama students do study these things and can tell you the physical mechanisms to produce various accents.

Can you tell what a Texas drawl sounds like and differentiate from, say, a Scottish accent? Or maybe even a Texas drawl from a Texas twang?

Where I grew up you could identify the suburb someone came from from their accent. If your theory is that is impossible to distinguish and place an accent you have lost the argument already, give it up.
edit on 9-6-2011 by Darkwing01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkwing01

Well, its impossible to do so with any great degree of certainity. But that's not even the problem. The proposition of the OP is that the accent is "Hebrew" unless it can be proven otherwise, in other words, in order to not incriminate Jews and Isreal in the attacks of 9/11 the world is now required to prove a negative. Fun, fun, fun.

You see what this all about, don't you?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Ummm, the hijackers weren't Israeli. Where did you come up with that idea? Calling an Arab person an Israeli and vice versa is probably akin to using the N word. Arabs hate Israeli's and Israeli's hate Arabs.

Am I missing something here? Do some of you actually believe Osama Bin Laden had nothing to do with the 911 attacks? Even though he admitted it and was proud it worked as well as it did?

And by the way, Israels official languages are Arabic and modern Hebrew. Most Israeli's speak those two languages plus English. So trying to differentiate an accent as being Hebrew or Arabic is going to be a difficult, if not impossible, task.
edit on 9-6-2011 by ElGatoLoco0698 because: To add the edit

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by hooper

I only see you are trying to convince people that thinking = antisemitism. Well good luck with that. People did not buy it in the past, I dont see why they should now.

It isnt my assertion that the accent is hebrew. I provided a link in the OP where they say its an hebrew accent. So I came back here for a second opinion because thats the way I like to handle sensitive info, whether its promulgated by the massmedia or an internetpage, that uses a lot of capital letters. Some people on here said it is and said why. All you are doing is ranting like a moonhauxer who does not have a leg to stand on. How is that working for them? Are people convinced yet the whole thing was fake? After listening to other examples of hebrews speaking english and people explaining to me what to look for in an hebrew speaking english and how it is different from an arabic accent, I must say the accents do match. So no, your assertion that I came to the conviction, that it is an hebrew accent because it hasnt been proven otherwise is simply not true.

If you want to make your case, why dont you see if you can find audio of an Arabic, maybe even Egyptian person speaking English, to see if the accent is really so close to hebrew, that the 2 are indistinguishable. It would make more for your case than going on and on ranting and calling people nazis. But I said that before. Good advice is still good advice, even if you dont like the person it comes from.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
As a native English speaker would say, "What is good for the goose is good for the gander."

The recording in question was played before the 9/11 Commission panel and presented as part of the evidence supporting the official story of what transpired on September 11, 2001.

The reason I mention this specifically is in case anyone wants to question this evidence and say that it is not from 9/11 or it was not from a plane involved in the infamous acts committed on 9/11.

Of course you are free to say anything, claim anything and ask anything but if you question the legitimacy of this recording you are questioning the official story of 9/11.

I am not saying anyone here is questioning the legitimacy of this recording but for the sake of honest discussion now that we have all seen that there is solid evidence that the voice on this recording is that of an Israeli and therefore there is evidence (I am not claiming that this is conclusive proof) that at least one Israeli was involved in the actual hijacking, that the whole recording can be thrown out.

If this recording was good enought to implicate 19 men from a cave with box-cutters it is good enough to implicate experienced Israeli military special forces operatives.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join