It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell is the sun doing!?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Because humor lightens everything up and takes away from the intense feeling something bad is amidst. in other words half the people that freak out over stuff they have very little knowledge about are simply doing so for the feeling of the fear.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
everyone going CHAD CHAD CHAD and flagging this thread..whilst the reality is that the OP dont have a clue about the Sun and the Next Solar Cycle..and he tries to ridicule those who start new threads related to it.

pathetic

we are heading towards the same Solar Cycle as in 1859

the OP defended himself buy stating that the next Cycle is going to be weak as predicted by NASA..

NOT knowing though that that is what I wanted him to do..since the 1859 event was a WEAK cycle too like this one we are going through..

1859 was BAD..in fact we are still talking about it today

2012/13 Cycle is gonna be worst..since we all know..

we have to add the following to the 1859 event :

- BREACH IN MAGNETOSPHERE 3 TIMES SIZE OF EARTH
- SOLAR SYSTEM GOING THROUGH COSMIC DUST WHICH IS EFFECTING ALL THE PLANETS AND THE SUN
- OUR TECHNOLOGY IS NOW MORE ADVANCED..OUR LIVES DEPENDS UPON IT..AND IT MATTERS NOTHING TO OUR SUN

and now convince me that I am the only person on Earth knowing this..and that there are no Governmental Personnel Planning for this event..

since there is nothing we can do!!!..we cant change technology..we cant stop technology

Nostradamus, Mayans, Aliens apart...this aint no prediction..this is something our Sun does since its birth..our life is what have changed..and there is a big chance we are going to be thrown back to were we started

i suggest to all those who flagged and licked arses like crazies to start looking around them and ask themselves who is gonna come and help their loved ones in time of need...any GOD ATS Member???..ye dream on

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

is this all you can do?

what I expect from you..since as you can see..it seems you have a lot of followers in here..to at least tell us what you think now about next cycle since i showed you how next cycle relates to the 1859 event

you are trying to evade debate

maybe now you labeled me wrong..a foe ..which i can assure you its not the case..

i firmly believe that next cycle is something we have all to be worried about..the whole planet..and would like to discuss it further...still you try to turn me away by just posting 1 liners and links..at least appreciate i showed you something you did not know..and respect it by discussing further

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
with the information i provided do you now OP..see this cycle and the one in 1859 related?

do you thing also that it might be even worst with the breach in the magnetosphere and the interstellar dust we are going through?

we can start with these two question..making it easier ya know

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Seems you're upset that this thread is successful, so I don't see how I'm to try to debate with someone who has a chip on their shoulder.

Yes it's interesting that the 1859 storm occurred under similar circumstances to now.

Fact is though, despite the sun having traceable cycles, it can do whatever it likes whenever it likes.

I just mentioned in another thread an X28 flare in 2003 occurred 2 years into the solar minimum, the sun was almost sunspotless.

The link above shows that the NOAA is taking the possibility of a large solar storm seriously.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Seems you're upset that this thread is successful,

sorry about that..i just hate arse licking..im that type of guy..

i am 100% sure many just flagged and posted wow and yey and hey without even knowing what this thread was about

I always pointed this out whenever i encountered some threads who were effected by the avatar which shows a cute girl or by forum staff or moderators

To me ...some discussions we have here together are of too much importance to be effect either by avatars or by respected members...i hope you finally agree with we on this one

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Yes it's interesting that the 1859 storm occurred under similar circumstances to now.

i 'm so glad we can agree on this one....i hope you will use your skill further in the coming months to shed light on this fact so maybe at least..if things get worst..we will be the first to know

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

The sun is not our enemy. Op provides good information

Thats why i flagged.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Moxiaty

the Sun cant be our enemy...r u serious on this one??

There is no need to explain to me why you flagged...i know

edit on 11-4-2011 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Of course im serious. The sun is NOT our enemy. We would never survived or lived without the sun. The sun acts in a certain way and its not our enemy. How can you say that it is?

This is all part of cosmophobia. Very sad.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Great thread, thanks to the OP for the great info.
I've always been curious to know what exactly is behind the the "cycles" and why they start/stop in the first place

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
good work S+F. Thank you for the info, I was one of the many who would get suckered by the title and waste hours reading those damned false alarm threads about the sun, it will be nice to have something handy I can check for myself now

-B.M

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

Ummm... I havent finished reading the thread.. but clicked on your link.
the bar graph has lots of yellow today - this is bad?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by sith9157

They typically take 2-3 days to reach us, although the largest ever recorded took just 18 hours, this was back in 1859.

again OP..you are showing signs that you have to re-evaluate your mindset regrading Solar Storms...dangerous flares can reach us in minutes

Light from the flare reaches Earth in only 8 minutes. High energy protons can follow in another ten to twenty minutes, although sometimes they take longer.

Source : NASA - Sickening Solar Flares

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Protons don't cause geomagnetic storms, they precede them.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
protons ARE A problem...

The Jan. 20 proton storm was by some measures the biggest since 1989. It was particularly rich in high-speed protons packing more than 100 million electron volts (100 MeV) of energy. Such protons can burrow through 11 centimeters of water. A thin-skinned spacesuit would have offered little resistance.

"That's why you want to be indoors when the proton storm hits," said Cucinotta.

SOURCE : NASA - Sickening Solar Flares

and dont forget to add to the mix the breach in the magnetosphere!!

Edit to Add : Francis Cucinotta, NASA's radiation health officer at the Johnson Space Center.

edit on 15-4-2011 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Where did I say they weren't a problem?

You do also realise that when they say...

"That's why you want to be indoors when the proton storm hits,"

They're talking about being on the moon, right?

In fact the whole article is about being on the moon and the effects of proton storms on astronauts on the moon.

edit on 15/4/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

this is not who is right or who is wrong between you and me..dont take this personally..but you tried to downgrade something that to me seems it might be quiet of a problem for all the humans of planet earth in next couple of years

you are again running in circles...

Solar Storms may damage us in minutes..

But sometimes the Sun has a big explosion on its surface. These eruptions are called "solar storms" when they throw fast protons or electrons out into space. They can produce a lot of dangerous, fast protons that can have speeds as much as 100,000 times faster than bullets. Because of these solar storms, scientists use the term "space weather."

Sometimes during a solar storm, a whole lot of electrons race out from the Sun at high speeds. If lots of solar electrons reach the Earth all at once, it can mess up our electric power lines and even cause power blackouts. In fact, a solar storm event in 1989 almost caused the US one of its worst power blackouts ever, and it did make 6 million people in Quebec lose power for several hours.

Since protons are too small to be seen we can't see them coming, but we can detect them when they get here. There are special proton detectors on several ongoing space missions like SOHO and GOES. These detectors alert us when a big blast of fast protons arrives at Earth, but not before.

arrives at Earth..not before

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
keep in mind my statement before in this thread..

the problem is...humans must not have used electricity as the fundamental base of its technology...our technology is helpless to cosmic events..

i hope you can figure out what it means....they didnt way back in 1859..they have been warned..but didnt realize it could ever be a problem

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join