It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell is the sun doing!?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
They ought to make you a mod so you can remove all the spamming ignorant threads until the end in 2012.... I kid

But the mod part was serious!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I've been watching the sun for YEARS. The giant craft around it. the fact that it's no longer yellow and actually emits white. And now all these giant solar flairs.

Could it be that some one or something is drawing energy from our sun ?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Why do some on ATS bring up the Sun threads at monotonous intervals with screaming headlines? Simple. Create a sensational headline that points to a supposed 'doomsday' when the Sun gobbles up the Earth and then sit back and enjoy the scores of flags and stars that come pouring in!

Jeeez! I thought you knew the formula?

Damn! The Sun's Becoming a Red Giant!!
I'm heading for them hills!

edit on 9-4-2011 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by badcon

I'm very calm thanks!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Just in time to witness a grand filament and possible hyder flare!?
There will be another thread in three...two...one...

www.spaceweather.com...

GRAND FILAMENT: A magnificent filament of magnetism is curling around the sun's southeastern quadrant today. Measuring more than 700,000 km from end to end, the vast structure is about twice as long as the separation between Earth and the Moon. Arrows trace the filament's meandering path in this extreme UV image from NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
S&F my friend. It is very refreshing to come on here and see some good intelligent informative posts. There is way too much gloom and doom on ATS these days, although that is perfectly understandable. Thanks for the interesting and informative breath of fresh air.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by odd1out

Yeah I saw that, very interesting.

And thanks for all the kind words people!!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Thanks Chad..very informative. A quick question though. Does anyone know once an X type solar flare happens, how long would it take for that flare to reach Earth? If that flare was heading in our direction...just curious

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Very useful and interesting peice of information!
Now, when I see something that seems absolutely terrifying about solar flares and fire balls, I'll simply remember the comfort of knowledge you have provided me with today.
Many thanks!

C.G.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Yes, these types of cycles have happened before.

The thing that makes this time around unusual is the fact of so many things are coming together at the same time.

Look at the whole picture.

Look past the trees and see the forest.

For the most part, I do not believe in coincidences.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Thank you for that post,chadwickus,very informative and done so that even I can understand it.HAHA.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Oh poohey, I was gonna start my first thread regarding the sun, doh! Homer Simpson moment prevented.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Thank you for that it was very informative. Great site.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
S&F

I have only one thing to say. When you mentioned that we've been through this before, the last time it did wake up we didn't have as much technologies as we have now. We are now heavily relying on technologies, in fact, almost every single thing we do now is helped/supported by technologies. Say a major X flare hits Earth and fry our power grid...I think Chicken Little's falling sky would be appropriate.

And didn't NASA say this solar maximum would be a very big one?

Great job creating this thread, but I still think staying on the lookout is very important, especially with our more modern way of life.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonstoneDave
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

Solaris is one of the first apps I went for. Peace of Mind! I also got an Earthquake app.

I have the earthquake app quakewatch, but cannot find the solaris. only solaris i found in search was a game. Is the solaris app for iphone too or just androids? There is one on itunes for iphone called solar monitor, seems to offer features solaris was described to have, but it isn't free, if it ends up being no good.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Sun Dogs
So many threads and youtube videos are started on people seeing & filming two suns in the sky, when it's a naturally occuring phenomenom.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
2012 was not written in stone for nothing

ascension is real.

brother sun plays a part in this process

thank you, thank you, thank you

i love you all so much..

hugs

earth changes, frequencies rising, consciousness rising, revolutions, mass awakenings, hidden truths being revealed..etc.etc.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sith9157

They typically take 2-3 days to reach us, although the largest ever recorded took just 18 hours, this was back in 1859.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I enjoyed Signs.
For some reason for how passionate I am about the subject, I can't really think of any movies that really stand out to me personally about it.

But I am looking forward to the upcoming movie "Attack the Block", probably not as serious as some people would like their Alien movies to be but if you enjoyed "Shaun of the Dead" you may be interested in it.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by sith9157

They typically take 2-3 days to reach us, although the largest ever recorded took just 18 hours, this was back in 1859.

largest ever recorded was in 2003 as in space.com

Latest Sun Flare Put at X28, Strongest on Record

found this video...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join