It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greatest hoax ever perpetrated on mankind

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by vertedtwylight

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Originally posted by Loon
But can you debunk my claims, I showed no drawings and I claimed my text to be fact.

There were no drawings to debunk in my claim, just words, just like the Koran.

Also I would love to see this Flying Carpet youve flown on to know that one exists, awesome.

It has nothing to do with my OP, therefore irrelevant. Go make a new thread about it. Now you go and debunk my claims that I show the koran as evidence. Find the chapter in the Koran and debunk that chapter. That is all I ask.
Sigh... He is debunking it... and its quite humorous

He did not debunk the chapter in the koran. The koran has been documented by credible historians and scholars. His statements are not documented and supported by credible historians and scholars. Therefore the did not debunk anything.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by vertedtwylight

Of course I am familiar with the drake equation. The life equation basically has a much more stringent probabilites that negates the drake equation. I am not saying ET life is possible. There may be microbial life but that is all. I am saing intelligent/greys/aliens/humanoids are not in this universe besides earth.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hemisphere
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

A misogynist pedophile flies to heaven on a winged horse. Yes that's quite a story but only a hoax if someone believes it. Oops!

Now "greatest hoax ever"? There are some contenders for that title but I would think the freak on Secretariat is in the top ten.

He was not a pedophile. Those things were normal back in those days. Heck I bet your great great grandfather was the biggest pedophile around because such things were normal 1500 years ago.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Threadfall

The Professional may suffer from narcissistic personality disorder,

Is that your medical opinion? Are you a doctor? Are you qualified to make that diagnosis?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

Gonna have to disagree with your OP

Jinns may possess technology greater than us. What makes you think that those craft aren't theirs?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ziltoid_the_Omniscient

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. You are making the claim that the koran is true therefore the burden is on you to prove its truth. If I said I had a magic elephant in my house that can poop jelly beans you would logically say prove it. I would not say to you prove I dont have a magic elephant.

You can begin by proving these excerpts from the koran.

skepticsannotatedbible.com...

I did not make the claim it is true. The author of the koran did and I believe him. If you want to believe it or not then go ahead and disprove it. I do not require proof of it being true, because I know it is.

You saying magic elephant does not make it true because your claims are not verified by credible scholars or historians who have verified the existence and works of muhammed.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

At least the theory of relativity can be proved and watched every day... As for the other stuff... like... demons and jinns and whatever... ahem... not so much. And by the way... harry potter is very sub par in fantasy when compared to the bible or the koran... I mean, come on... it takes A LOT OF CREATIVITY and IMAGINATION and... well... a very very awesome capability for bullsh+t... plus I never seen anyone kill in the name of Harry Potter. So as fantasy goes... the bible and the koran take the cake when it comes to fantasy writing. Not even Wells or Tolkien come near.

It is not fantasy writing. It is verified by historians and scholars. The existence of the koran is not a fantasy. There were skeptics back in that day just as they are today. If they noticed something unsual in muhammads writings or claims why did they not report it? They slept in the same freaking tents and rode the same freaking camels ffs.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

Seriously, I am shocked anyone believes this nonsense. Kill yourself? really? So...what does a yellow cow prove? I can easily paint a cow yellow grab a gun and shoot it. Also, what does "Allah" want with money? Also when i read interest, the first thought was towards the banksters and their interest. Religions are the cause of most of the worlds problems, if you want to believe in God, look inside yourself and not some book written by man.

Your link is a skeptic website, not a credible source. You need to use a scholars website. It is like going to look up information about the BP oil spill on BPs website. It will be biased. I'm sure the translation is correct but you must look at it in context.

People will look back at what we did 1500 years from now and laugh at us. It does not make it not true.
edit on 5-4-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

L. Ron Hubbard claims his books to be fact as well.

L ron hubbard has been disproven by historians and scholars and scientists. The koran has not been disproven.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sith9157

reply to post by skyjohn

All religious books belong with the fiction.

So you are saying the Koran is fiction? You must provide evidence that it is a work of fiction. Otherwise it is a fact.

All so called holy books are works of fiction and were written by MEN. The same men who believed that the Earth was friggin flat, and persecuted the realists like Galileo Galilei, who knew the truth about the universe, and the order of things. He was imprisoned in his house ( a very light sentence of that time in history, during the Roman inquisition), His only other punishment was the requirement that he publicly recant his view that the earth moved around the sun.

Muhammed did not claim the earth was flat. In fact he called the earth round shaped.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPACEYstranger

reply to post by skyjohn

So you are saying the Koran is fiction? You must provide evidence that it is a work of fiction. Otherwise it is a fact.

lmfao

Oohh your so funny I pity you. Did I miss the punchline?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by galactictuan
This is all FEAR.

False
Evidence
Appearing
Real

It is not false evidence. It has been documented by various scholars and historians.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by rareredhead
Dear ATS,
It truly saddens me when I read the incredibly rude comments that all of you so called debunkers write on this forum. Is there a debunker out there who is not a completely self-righteous a-hole? Man there is more rudeness on this forum then actual discussion.

OP, this is a very interesting theory, it fits right along in with the ancient alien theory show that the History channel puts on. They very frequently reference the book of Enoch and the fallen angels.

I have been reading through your website and I am finding many interesting parallels with things I have recently become interested in. I would like you to take a look at these two very interesting links (which have been discovered here on ATS) and tell me what you think.

www.scribd.com...
(could the Jinn maybe be inside our government?)

and this was also here on ATS, not sure if you've seen it yet but given the interest in alchemy I thought you'd be interested. bookofaquarius.forgottenbooks.org...

Please let me know what you think I'd like to hear your opinion.

Thank you very much for the kind words. It is very very interesting indeed. I will definitely look at your link when I get the chance for a good relaxing read. Whats the name of the show on the history channel.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I do not require proof of it being true, because I know it is.

How do you know it is true, if you have not had, nor require any proof?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

From a Biblical point of view the Bible warns of false gospels and Angels giving another version of Christ Jesus and false prophets, in terms of the Koran it can be considered false.

The current bible in existence has been corrupted. The original gospels are lost. The correct true copy of the bible will verify muhammads claims.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75

You really have a hard time with the concept of logical fallacies don't you? Here let me try to explain this simple concept to you....Lets replace the Koran with a photograph of a figure standing in a shadow for this example. Now if I show you a photograph of the figure and say to you "I am telling you that I took a picture of Keanu Reeves.....prove that this photograph is not Keanu....if you cannot do so, then it is indeed true and it is an absolute fact that this is a real photograph of Keanu Reeves!" would I be speaking a true statement there?
Well as any halfway bright schoolboy who has taken a single class on the subject of logical deduction would be able to answer this with a very definitive NO. Not being able to conclusively prove something does not make the opposing idea to what is being proven any more or less valid. All this does is show that it is not possible to conclusively disprove the identity of the person in the photograph with the current information at hand. There are a myriad of other possibilities......the photographer could have been mistaken about the person's identity when he took the photo, or the photographer could even be lying about the person's identity outright.....after all even if one cannot prove a lie has been told, this does not mean that the truth has been told.

here is why it was a fail with more manners. loads of crazy things happen in these books it is just stupid to believe a full story because it has some good life tips and truths mixed in it. just take the provable things and keep the rest till its proven correct

en.wikipedia.org...

you fail because your logic is weak

now you provide a link to show me how i'm gay or not.

edit on 5/4/11 by Aceofclubs because: bout the gay thing

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

I do not require proof of it being true, because I know it is.

How do you know it is true, if you have not had, nor require any proof?

No one has disproven the chapter in the koran in reference to what I am talking about using credibile verifiable historic scholars work that disprove that specific chapter in the koran. Muhammed saw something that we do not see today.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeguy
reply to post by tpak89

Didnt you read what Professional said...? There cant be wookies because theres no life other than earth! LMFAO!!

If you didnt read it how can you disprove it? Fail, next please.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I think this is a bit pre-conclusive. Although I do agree that tptb are inhumane and demonic.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by keepithush

reply to post by skyjohn

*sigh* This is as far as I managed to stomach of this thread.
< insert flying spaghetti monster argument >
The burden of truth is on the believer, etc.
edit on 4-4-2011 by keepithush because: (no reason given)

Flying spaghetti monster has not been documented by many people, historians and scholars. Muhammed has been documented.

There is no burden of truth. You can take it or leave it. If you don't believe, it is up to you. No one is required to prove anything.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join