It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gang Rape of 11-Year-Old Girl Sparks Racial Tensions in Texas Town

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

www.nytimes.com...

Poet1b, the only one whose bias is showing is yours. What do you want me to say? Im embarrassed for you.

You are defending the indefensible and its really, really creepy.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I mean this quite literally:

It's not like generations ago, the ancestor of that hispanic girl was the biproduct of a bunch of Spaniards gang-raping native women in some village.

Those boys can probably count some ancestor who was the biproduct of a group of white slave owners gang-raping a female slave.

Race has nothing to do with this whatsoever, whether it is to excuse the actions or to generalize. Period. Would we even have heard of this story if they weren't Black? Would we have heard about it if it was a group of Hispanic males? What if she were a white girl?

A girl's a girl. Two hands, two feet, beating heart, red blood, aspirations of her own.

The boys are also humans...humans suceptible to peer pressure - which doesn't excuse the actions, of course! Humans suceptible to their own sexual abuse.

This is just a sad biproduct of our social decay, whether it was a gang-rape, murder, assault...of a hispanic, Jewish or Irish girl...by a group of White, Black or Hispanic boys.

Pitiful.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

this is truly sickening and to be african american/mexican american im saddened that my people cannot rise out of this savage attitude and barbaric way of life......i feel everyone of those horny bastards should be castrated for inflicted such acts on a helpless female let alone a child smh

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
reply to post by Liquesence

Definition of RACISM
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

2 : racial prejudice or discrimination

Stating a Fact, not a specific opinion does not fit into your category of racist. The above may help you out?

reply to post by HaveAnotherOne

It's racist to say that one certain negative trait belongs exclusively to one "race" of human beings, for it implies other that other "races" are exempt and therefore do not engage in said behavior, and are therefore superior because they don't chest beat when they form groups. This in itself is a racist comment, that that trait belongs exclusively to "blacks."

And just because "some people" might engage in said behavior does not mean that all do, and the generalization based upon a stereotype is racist.

It was a racist comment, plain and simple.

The original post:

Given the proclivity of young blacks to engage in tribal chest beating behavior when they are grouped together, events like this should not surprise anyone. Nor should anyone be shocked when they decide to beat up on a single person when there are large groups of them.

That's racist. That when blacks get together they behave as such, and it shouldn't surprise anyone that "they" beat up on people when "they" are in a group.

It's a racist comment.

Pretty simple.

edit on 10-3-2011 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Answer the question, and show that you have a sense of justice.

If two minors, under the age of consent, have sex, and nobody forced anyone to do anything, is it right to charge one with statutory rape and not the other?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Vickfan

1. What is wrong with you that you need to play into the whole "savagery" argument? There is nothing that confuses and disgusts me more than people of an oppressed group that play into stereotypes. You've bought the propaganda hook, line and sinker...congrats.

2. Who ever said that gang-rape had anything to do with sexual arousal or "horniness"?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by PLASIFISK
Da hell is a MANG?
I got called that and im not sure if I should be offended or not.....anybody, ...anyone....oookkkkayyy! never mind

I'm over here cracking up, If its what I think it is its just like "man" except spelled with a southern "accent" I guess, Young black Houstonians are typically the ones I hear use that term. I dont think its meant to be offensive

"Hol up mang" I think its actually spelled mayne

I aint heard that since the grey tapes
edit on 10-3-2011 by SirKnightE because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-3-2011 by SirKnightE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

If two minors have consensual sex, and their age difference is within legal limits, (3 years is a common limit) then NO, one of them should not be charged with a crime. Neither of them should be charged with a crime. Consensual sex or sex play between children should not be criminalized. But if two minors have "consensual" sex and one of them is 4 and the other is 16, then yes, a crime has occurred. Because little kids cannot consent to sex.

I dont know why this concept is so hard, but minors cannot offer consent for a LOT of things, not just sex, because their reasoning skills are not formed. Its the law. What happened to the girl in this story is a crime no matter whether she consented or not, (and it appears she did not) because the first two guys who raped her were 19.

They were not minors, and they were not within 3 years of her age. And then, while they were raping her and videotaping it, they called their friends and invited them to come rape her too.

I only answer that question to get you off the topic. Because that is NOT what happened here. Clearly, it is not.

They have videos. Photos. You can spin it anyway you want to, but this was gang rape.

Edit to add,

And nice touch with the appeal to justice from someone who has spent several pages defending the gang rape of an 11 year old girl.

edit on 10-3-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I pose a question to ATS'ers:

Should RAPE be considered a 0 tolerance crime like murder?

In my opinion, yes.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
As a father of an 11 yoa daughter ,I feel qualified to state that these young parasites should be released!!! Its now time to replay “The most dangerous game”. On my honor their entire tribe would become extinct.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
I pose a question to ATS'ers:

Should RAPE be considered a 0 tolerance crime like murder?

In my opinion, yes.

I cant decide who dies, but if somebody where to hurt a woman or girl in my circle, 12 months fro that day, they would have been dead for a year...
But I do feel they will be better off suffering in a hole with a 300lb sodistic beast that [snip]
edit on 3-11-2011 by worldwatcher because: vulgarity removed

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

The point he seems to miss is that it doesn't matter if that little girl came around and did a fandance.....she is not in a place to call the shots. And the fact that the NY times would add in that she liked to dress mature and wear a lot of makeup just goes to show that Poet's stance is not a unique one. You know this ties in to our chick rantings, lol. Lets blame the victim! Obviously a girl who wasn't dragged out of a room full of teddy bears kicking and screaming must be up to no good. YES...little girls on the cusp of adolescence get curious. Yes the idea of teenage boys throwing them a smile or two or talking some good stuff can be a heady thing, particularly to girls who grow up in environments where there are not enough adept female role models to teach her how to navigate these things. But there were GROWN MEN in this situation. Even if some of them were underage...there were enough adults in that situation to know that what was going on was wrong. Thats why they fled when the aunt or whatever came home.

I will be the first to admit.....in some occasions...females (usually adult women) say stop when they mean go. But I dont think that any of the adult males in that situation were confused for one second about what that little girl wanted or the rightness of that situation. Standing in line for a gangbang can give you plenty of time to think.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
DID THE CRIME??????.....DO THE TIME!!!!...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by irsuccubus

The point he seems to miss is that it doesn't matter if that little girl came around and did a fandance.....she is not in a place to call the shots.

I said the same thing, she could have been sitting under a neon sign saying "Come and get some" and it would still be rape. He isnt stupid either, which is what is really icky. He is a pretty intelligent guy, and the fact that he isnt getting it means.............................something more than he isnt getting it.

Originally posted by irsuccubus
I will be the first to admit.....in some occasions...females (usually adult women) say stop when they mean go.

Absolutely. And I am positive there are men who are victimized by women who accuse them falsely of rape. I have no sympathy for women like that. In fact if anything I am harsher on them because all of femininity pays the price for their idiocy in reinforcing these attitudes in some men.

(Although men are repsonsible for having common sense on their own, so even bad lying horrible women are no excuse for them hating women as a group)

Its the same as racism. You dont get the right to judge a whole group of people, a whole "type" of people by the actions of one member of the group, or some of the group, or even the majority of that group. I just dont understand why people have so much trouble taking each person as an individual. Are we really so lazy we have to use broad generalizations? Is it really that hard to tell people apart? I dont think it is.

I googled "6th grade class" because I dont have kids. I cant remember the age group well enough to get a visual, so I wanted to see for myself if there were any possibility they might have mistaken her age. But when you look at pictures of kids that age, you realize no amount of makeup or sexy clothes could make that child not look like a child. 11 year olds still look like kids.

It just breaks my heart to see how young that is. And reading about her family life makes me even sadder for her. You know she probably already had a pretty crappy life going, and then that.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I agree a grown man should be able to understand that this is wrong, unlike a child who has yet to know any better and couldn't overpower a grown man in anyway.

Also I don't care the if these guys where black, white, yellow,brown,red, pink, or purple they should be punished severely for their crimes.

As for the girl, I hope she gets much needed help, it's a sad thing when a young one (or anyone) is exposed to this sort of thing.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Your argument about the 14 year old not being able to consent to sex holds no weight. That only works in the case of a minor having sex with an adult. A minor cannot consent to sex with an adult IN THE EYES OF THE LAW. That is why it is illegal for an adult to have sex with a minor even if the minor consented to it.

A minor cannot be charged with statutory rape after having sex with another minor because a minor, in the eyes of the law, can consent to sex with another minor. It is an ENTIRELY different ballgame if said minor FORCES another minor to have sex against his or her will.

Are you suggesting that it is entirely legal for a minor to rape another minor (in the eyes of the law)?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
WOW! The racist comments here are bewildering to say the least. You know what's funny...sometimes I think to myself, ATS possesses a heap load of smart, reasoning people...often times, ATS proves me to be seriously wrong!

If there is footage, can't the race issue be put to rest? The video will show who did it and what complexion they were; nothing will be left for speculation. This brings me to one point...she was raped in an area where the blacks reside; I think it's pretty obvious who most, if not all, the rapists were! She was also hispanic and probably only has hispanic and black friends, with a few whites scattered in between. If she was gang raped by a white man, you can bet the same would occur, it would probably be by all white males. Which leads me to another point, why are is there little to no blending of cultures and lifestyles there? The blacks & hispanics live particularly on one side, while the whites live on another. Do you all notice anything there? For that to happen...racism, from both parties, is already something very heavily practiced in that town. Another point, if a white girl was gang raped(and I'm sure that has happened in the history of that town - reported cases is another thing), she would have probably been raped by mostly white men. Why? Same reason this hispanic was raped by blacks...because the races are segregated.

But, I'm glad this story was posted on ATS...gives me another reason to be the cynic that I am! So many of you, I'm sure will never admit to being racist, but once you are given a factual reason to be...the racist remarks and comments overflow from you. Some of you people disgust me!

And to the men who committed this act, I must thank them. Thank you guys so very much for putting us black folk another notch down the scale of what is to be considered human. Thank you so very much for putting all the efforts of the decent black folk in the shade by your crimes. You guys really know how to make your race look as good as you claim it to be.

From the comments on ATS, to the actual crime committed; this entire thing sickens me and some of you here should be very ashamed for thinking the thoughts you've thunk; for you have not looked at them as human beings, like all races and all people.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
First off, I will say that I am a black male. Secondly, I did not come here to apologize on the behalf of these "black males" who are accused of raping this girl. If they are guilty they are indeed deserving of the punishment they'll receive regardless of what race they are. The Panthers being in the mix is just making things worse.

Another thing, it is quite funny the ignorance and stereotypes there are about blacks (especially in this thread) or people in general. I do not really get offended by it because ignorance isn't worthy of a response.

Do not let the media, or ignorant people fool you. Not all black males are criminals, thugs, "chest thumpers", rapists, lazy, pull the race card, (insert racial epithet here), entertainers, good at sports, eat fried chicken and watermelon, on welfare, unemployed, have big rims, blast loud music, gangsters, or favor "red" Kool-Aid. That is all...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Kill them all.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Rape of a child means castration at the least and in this case death.

I hope they all rot and I could care less what pigmentation their skin had.
edit on 10-3-2011 by Freenrgy2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join