It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gang Rape of 11-Year-Old Girl Sparks Racial Tensions in Texas Town

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Gang Rape of 11-Year-Old Girl Sparks Racial Tensions in Texas Town

abcnews.go.com

The alleged gang rape of an 11-year-old girl by at least 18 boys and young men has sparked shame and outrage in a tiny Texas town, but it has also stirred racial tensions that threaten to split the East Texas hamlet.

All of the defendants arrested are African-American and the girl is Hispanic.

But I do not believe black males are the only ones that had contact with this young child," said Quanell X, the leader of Houston's New Black Panther Party. "It appears to me there's only been the s
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

As the night unfolded, numerous men came to the house and later an abandoned trailer to have sex with the girl, according to court documents.

An insane and sad story to say the least if you read the entire 3-page article.

But within all of this throw in the leader of Houston's New Black Panther Party in a white majority region where there is already racial tension is not a good mix.

Now after all of this, there's this:

Cleveland is embroiled in a political scandal where three city council members are facing a recall election following complaints of corruption. All three of those city council members are African American.

Sounds like that Texas town will be having quite alot of racial issues in the coming weeks, even a church has gotten death threats.

It will be sadly interesting to see what happens in the coming weeks.

However I have a friend in that area and he's saying that some liberal media outlets are calling this entire issue racism, as if some of the guilty should go free because of racial issues.

That is crazy, political correctness is destroying the any possibility of unity with people of all walks of life.
Rape is rape!
Throw them all in jail or give em the death penalty!
Ok maybe not the death penalty but mass rape of an 11yr old should result is something more than just jail.

But for the NBPP to come into this is all a bunch of BS

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
weren't they all on frikin tape?

i saw that on the news.

alas, most will get off, i bet.

if i was her dad, i would be very busy.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
This is very sad to read. Spending twenty-five years of my adult life in Texas.

I can tell you this has the potential of getting very bad.

I wish I had the answer. I do know Panthers will not help that situation.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
castration. slowly.
edit on 10-3-2011 by Kingbreaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Given the proclivity of young blacks to engage in tribal chest beating behavior when they are grouped together, events like this should not surprise anyone. Nor should anyone be shocked when they decide to beat up on a single person when there are large groups of them.

Not a racist comment, just a obvious fact.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by HaveAnotherOne

Indeed, You would think that they'd know baggy pants means your somebody's b**ch in prison, maybe they'll find that out in time..

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
This is one way tptb, and their media outlets keep the people divided. Make it all about race, and to hell with that little girl and her family. Her family is probably here illegally anyway, right? So they deserve what they get.

I almost guarantee somebody will spew that kind of garbage sooner or later, and it will be about everything but what it should be about.

They violated that little girl, and it doesn’t matter what color they are. But will she and her family get justice? Probably not.

edit on 10-3-2011 by Klassified because: ETA

edit on 10-3-2011 by Klassified because: Corrections

edit on 10-3-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
This is truly sad indeed. The town is in Cleveland 50 miles from Houston. I hope they get the maximum penalty for what they have done. You commit the crime, do the time. What also infurates me though is that this QuanelX is always puting himself in this type of spotlight and defending the criminals (mainly African American) instead of the victim.

There is another incident on around christmas last year and new year when a burned body of a boy was found on a sewer and a black woman commited the crime. He defended her that he states that he believe she was inocent, but ended up being conviceted because of surmountable evidence.

This guy needs to defend the victim instead of the criminal.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
this is the type of situation (much like the current situation in our country USA) where all the good outcomes/choices are gone and only very hard unwanted decisions/options must be made

there are no good outcomes to this, these boys must be punished greatly and held fully responisible

this type of evil must not be met with any compassion

the threat of being locked behind bars is no longer effective

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by HaveAnotherOne
Given the proclivity of young blacks to engage in tribal chest beating behavior when they are grouped together, events like this should not surprise anyone. Nor should anyone be shocked when they decide to beat up on a single person when there are large groups of them.

It is a racist comment.

Most species engage in "tribal chest beating" when they are grouped together, from your trailer park good old boys, to your frat brothers, to any others you care to name, birds, cats, deer. Have you ever watched animal behavior? We are no different than many other species, in that regard.

It's not exclusive to (black) human beings.

edit on 10-3-2011 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by all answers exist

I agree completely, there was a time when men would be dragged to the center of town, placed in front of a firing squad or hanged.

and the reason we have repeat offenders is because the only punishment they get is some time in a cushy cell, and a few visits to a "professional" to talk about their feelings, and their "troubled" childhood

shoot them and be done.. it would ease the overcrowding.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

if i was her dad, i would be very busy.

Umm , if I was her dad , my business would have been finished already .

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by HaveAnotherOne

And yet, you watch, if these black individuals go to trial, ( which indeed they should), as always they'll play the slavery card, claiming there families oppression 140 years ago led them to these actions...have pity on " us "!

Utter BS!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

ok maybe your right, we had the duke lacrosse team, BUT from what we get from the media, for every 1 story we hear about white people involved, we hear more involving minorities. how do we explain that in a way that does not cause racial tension?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

or they'll claim that her dad and his people are taking all the jobs..

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This is sickening, that girl was 11 years old! However, where the ____ were her parents? 11 year old girls aren't naturally whores, they have to be taught how to be. 11 year old girls should never be alone with 20-30 older adolescents and young men, regardless of race. 11 year old girls should never be in the company of convicts if at all possible. 11 year old girls should be with their families on Thanksgiving! ETC...

edit on 3/10/2011 by budaruskie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence

Originally posted by HaveAnotherOne

It is a racist comment.

Most species engage in "tribal chest beating" when they are grouped together, from your trailer park good old boys, to your frat brothers, to any others you care to name, birds, cats, deer. Have you ever watched animal behavior? We are no different than many other species, in that regard.

It's not exclusive to (black) human beings.

edit on 10-3-2011 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

good then they can all go down together!

you do agree?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I know more British white youths engage with that kind of behaviour than youth members of ethnic minorities, certainly in my town. Most of them will be voting BNP in a couple of years... ironic isnt it?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by budaruskie

I agree. According this NYT article:

Residents in the neighborhood where the abandoned trailer stands — known as the Quarters — said the victim had been visiting various friends there for months. They said she dressed older than her age, wearing makeup and fashions more appropriate to a woman in her 20s. She would hang out with teenage boys at a playground, some said.

And that could be one of the reasons

The girl has been removed from the custody of her parents.

reply to post by fooks

"They" who can go down where together? The accused?

Originally posted by Kingbreaker

ok maybe your right, we had the duke lacrosse team, BUT from what we get from the media, for every 1 story we hear about white people involved, we hear more involving minorities. how do we explain that in a way that does not cause racial tension?

You are fairly correct. The media shape our perceptions by how they report. Even though it's a "fact" that the accused are all black, which the media then report, it results in even greater racial tensions because we feed on these things, these differences, this unconscious racism. Why are we conditioned to fear the black man? Why do the media always cover the minorities, it's always an "african american male" who attacks (even if it's a fabricated story)? I don't exactly like the guy, but Michael Moore addressed this in Bowling for Columbine, and our culture of fear.

I think it says a lot about our society than anything else, and the media's complicity in reinforcing stereotypes.

How do we properly address the issues, indeed...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join