It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Good spotting.

Plus...the sign in the background is now circle in your resized image...instead of an odd oval shape in the video. So I think you are dead on with this.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by maluminse

The first transistor radio for the general public appears to be made in 1947.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by maluminse

A transistor radio is a small portable radio receiver using transistor-based circuitry. Following their development in 1954 they became the most popular electronic communication device in history, with billions manufactured during the 1960s and 1970s. Their pocket size sparked a change in popular music listening habits, for the first time allowing people to listen to music anywhere they went. In the 1970s their popularity declined as other portable media players such as boom boxes and portable cassette players took over.

Source

Unless I am missing something this eliminates radio as a possibility.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Nobody can tell if she is talking 'into' what is in her hand, or talking WHILE something is in her hand.
Distinct difference. I still believe she is holding something, but the plausible answer by her age and the time is that she had an early hand held hearing aid and was either testing it or doing a sound check for it.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
OK just when we thought we couldnt have more fun with this thread, Found a older picture of Charlie Chaplin....Look familiar? Could it be him in drag
(I apologize OZ, phage, chad etc I know you expect more from me
)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4605a892dca4.jpg[/atsimg]

Chaplin was at his 30 something by that time, the person in the video looks older. But I wouldn't be surprised if was indeed him doing a disguised cameo and leaving a easter egg on the footages that were shot. Artists in general love to do that, and some directors go to extremes to put their faces (signatures) in every sequence/film they do.

I don't buy for a minute the time traveler talk because it doesn't make any sense whatsoever. It was 1928 and anything out of the ordinary would simply be noticed by everyone around. Specially by the film crew shooting that film that were probably completely focused on the frame.

Unless talking alone to box that you hold to your ear while walking was a ordinary behavior for that time which I doubt.

I'm more inclined to think it was ordinary person that was near the shoot and was called on the last minute by the filming crew to fill the shot and was simply covering her face while talking to crew or simply voicing her feelings for being filmed. It was 1928 films were still something relative new mysterious to people process wise so being shy and curious at the same time wasn't something too extraordinary for most.

Now I find people saying that they can read the lips of the person in question a bit hard to swallow. The person is really far on the frame and the resolution doesn't help a single bit, specially since it is either on shadow or obscured by objects for a good portion of the duration of the shot.

Eventually they will release these films in Blue Ray and we will have some extra resolution to play with and draw more precise conclusions or scratch our heads for good.

Nice find nonetheless.

S&F

link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

3:24 Measure the distance from the guys chin to the back of his head. Its like two feet. Where are his ears? Leather for skin?

link   

Hey, Skeptic, I think you're most definitely on to something there. Yes, indeedy. Thanks!

And to think two months ago I had to force render a video that was having just that problem. Good eye, man, good eye.

We're still faced with our quandary, though, eh?

I still vote for a time slip, personally. I like 'em.

Peace,
Pixel

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I think it bears mentioning that, aside from the modern filmmakers statements about this footage, the only connection to the Chaplin film that I see is a small sign in the footage.

If we are going to really analyze this I think we need to strip away all preconceptions and start from the ground up.

~Heff
edit on 10/22/10 by Hefficide because: missed a whole word... shuh

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
its been quite awhile since i've seen Dr. Who why do you ask?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Ok here's a theory, maybe the person who uploaded this to youtube is a film major and he actually went out and got period equipment and shot a scene for his film class, the props, the people, the costumes, everything is a reproduction, and the lady actually does have a cell phone in her hand, the only thing is, it was a modern production so everything else is staged.

Just a theory.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

And a damned good one.

Without being able to verify the original footage, yours is the best theory I've seen yet.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

That's a theory. But if he went through all that trouble, I think he would have made the 'phone' more obvious to the camera in some way. It's not obvious at all and this is evidenced by this thread which has over 20 different theories on 30 pages.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Apologies if someones already posted this idea... I don't want to read the whole 20 something page thread.

It seems to be a man. I just don't get how he would be able to use a cell phone if there was no network coverage back then. It's all fine and well having a cell phone- but not sure how he would be able to use it. He is definitely talking though.

Strange and Interesting.

Thanks OP, This is why all of us are here!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
1. the man in front of her looks quite odd, look at his face, there is nothing there when everyone else s face can be clearly seen.

2. The old lady is hunched over and her feet look almost non existent, look at the front of her feet as she walks, there nothing in those shoes.

3. There is obviously a cell phone in her hand, she is talking into it also and holding it like a cell phone, tell me what back then would you need someone to hold it to their mouth and ear and talk.

4. The man and woman walk in sync, they obviously know each other or calibrate with each other secretly, she walks like him, exactly like him, this almost gives me chills.

Let me debunk some theories here

1. There were no cell toweres back then
a. This is a time traveler, why would cell towers be used?

2. She heared a noise coming from the camera mans direction
a. Than why is she talking and looking far away? kind of like she isnt paying any attention to anything in the scene, like she is only paying attention to the person on the other end of the phone.

3. She is using a earhorn
a. lol

4. She is cupping
a. with all five fingers?

5. She is using a icepack to relieve pain from her toothache
a. than why is she clearly not in pain and talking

6. She is scratching her scalp
a. I was unaware that the scalp was between you ear and mouth.

IMO this is solid evidence that we are being watched from entities above, there is so much wiered things that are happening in our lifetime that when we see something that cant be explained we simply make it explainable (no matter how pathetic the explanation) there are things that you don't know and wont understand since most people really cant, its to big of a find for it to be valid, it cant be explained and it isnt in our norm to understand it, just leave it at that and those who chose to understand it will shed light on the unexplainable. maby the nay Sayers will leave their shells and see the light.
edit on 22-10-2010 by BlackPlanet791 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2010 by BlackPlanet791 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

That could be unless he wasn't actually trying to get the cell phone in the shot and it's an honest mistake by the extra.

link   

Yep, The Circus was shot 1.33 (4:3) and the frame is certainly stretched to fit the 1.778 (16:9) of widescreen DVDs, either by a bad capture/conversion at some point or by the wrong settings on the DVD player. This explains huge feet, long noses, thick necks and all those anomalies mentioned by some in here.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Thought I would update my list...added a few items...I'll bold those. Please let me know if I am missing anything.

Remember...this is a list of POSIBILITIES...and they are listed in my opinion of PLAUSABILITY.

1. Lady is using the cupping technique while singing. It is really the only one that explains both the hand position and the movement of the mouth. (Yes boon...I put your (and others) idea first)

1. Lady is listening to a music box and singing... Bumped up this up to a 1 because it does appear this were small enough to hold in a hand and were around in the 1920's

2. Lady is using some sort of hearing aid. Early electronic or small ear horn. Why is she talking??? I don't know. This got bumped up to take over the second spot by itself due to interest by other members.

3. Lady is fixing her hair. Again...no explaination for the talking. Tied for second.

3. Lady is blocking the sun from her eyes/face. No reason to talk while doing this unless she is saying "ARG...stupid sun"

3. New theory by wuk. Video is edited by the youtube poster...since he is in the film business I am putting this high on the list. He could of shot himself or someone else dressed like a women...used the man in front's walk as a guide and edited this lady in. If someone goes and buys the DVD to confirm this is on the original footage...this plummets to the bottom...or off the list. Sorry wuk.

4. Lady knows they are filming and doesn't want to be on film, so is hiding her face while ranting about the movie cameras.

4. Lady has a toothache and is holding an icepack to her jaw.

4. Lady was hit by rocks from kids and is holding her jaw while cussing out the kids.

5. Lady is an "extra" and taking direction from the director...this is low on the list because this wasn't an actual movie shoot, but was of the premeir. Still doesn't mean that they didn't stage some people to walk by.

6. Lady is just a crazy lady pretending to talk on a phone. They did have phones back then...so not out of the question she is crazy and pretending to talk on a phone.

6. Charlie himself dressed in drag as a "prank" for the documentary of the premier. His hand could be up by his face to try to disguis himself.

6. Same idea as the above, except it is a random person pulling the prank. They had to have pranks back then...right?

7. This lady is using some type of early experimental walkie talkie/shortwave radio...maybe she was friends with Tesla.

8. This is a time traveler who is not talking on a cell phone...but is pretending to talk on a cell phone knowing he is being filmed to drop an "easter egg" for future generations to argue about on a conspiracy website.

9. This lady went through a "time slip" from another time period or dimension. When she pauses at the end of the clip...it is because she just figured out she no longer has a signal on her cell phone (WTH...I'm switching to Verizon).

9. This lady is a time traveler. And she is using some type of handheld communication device that is larger than modern day cell phones

9. This lady is actualy a male time traveler in drag using some type of handheld communication device that is larger than a moder day cell phone.

9. This lady is a time traveler holding a time traveling device, communication device, lazer gun combo

10. "Lady" is actually a reptillian alien on a scouting mission

10. "Lady" is actually the servant of the reptillian "Man" in front of her...she is there just to take the attention off of him. Maybe even a drone dressed like a women since their steps are in synch. Still out on a scouting mission.

11. Time Traveler is actually OutKast Searcher. Which is why Outkast Searcher had to be in this earlier time traveler THREAD to help insert skepticism. OutKast Searcher needs to hide his secret of being a time traveler. OutKast Searcher may or may not also be another ATS member in a different time period who thinks he is the one that is the time traveler.

I think that is all for now...I'm sure more updates will follow.

edit on 22-10-2010 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2010 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Ok here's a theory, maybe the person who uploaded this to youtube is a film major and he actually went out and got period equipment and shot a scene for his film class, the props, the people, the costumes, everything is a reproduction, and the lady actually does have a cell phone in her hand, the only thing is, it was a modern production so everything else is staged.

Just a theory.

And a good theory.

We need proof that this really is from 1928.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by thomas_

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
OK just when we thought we couldnt have more fun with this thread, Found a older picture of Charlie Chaplin....Look familiar? Could it be him in drag
(I apologize OZ, phage, chad etc I know you expect more from me
)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4605a892dca4.jpg[/atsimg]

Chaplin was at his 30 something by that time, the person in the video looks older.
Nice find nonetheless.

S&F

Well if I looked that old at 30, i may have gotten Mr zazz to take me out to the paddock and shoot me.This photo was taken in 1965. I suppose I should say, people were alluding to Chaplin being the timetraveller himself, and I linked that photo to show how he looked late in life and if he looked like the "woman" at a stretch.....

edit on 22-10-2010 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join