It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Economoic Warfare begun] China stopping key exports and raises interest rates.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
reply to post by Rentor

Yes. I know that.

Didn't you read my post?

They wouldn't be able to keep the prices so low if they did not control that market. Bro.
edit on 19-10-2010 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

Well yes I did, but this of course will take some work and years and finding the deposits. Theres some rare ore and minerals that cant be found anywhere else but china(well they only have the known deposits..for some of them..the rest they own globally.).some of that material is used to make microchips and etc. you know the good stuff you need to make sophisticated weapons.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Rentor

seems China isn't doing as well as all the American-haters would have us believe.

Not a big surprise.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rentor

reply to post by Rentor

Yes. I know that.

Didn't you read my post?

They wouldn't be able to keep the prices so low if they did not control that market. Bro.
edit on 19-10-2010 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

Well yes I did, but this of course will take some work and years and finding the deposits. Theres some rare ore and minerals that cant be found anywhere else but china(well they only have the known deposits..for some of them..the rest they own globally.).some of that material is used to make microchips and etc. you know the good stuff you need to make sophisticated weapons.

With the recent discoveries of rare elements in Afghanistan, things might change a little bit.

$1 Trillion in untapped minerals found in Afghanistan

China has about 2.5 Trillion in cash reserves right now. They have offered to buy the debt ofGReece, and is currently floating ideas to the EU countries to assist in buying their debt in order to apply upwards pressure to the Euro, and downward pressure on the Dollar.

China, Iran and several other countries are also talking about replacing the Dollar in the Oil industry as well.
edit on 19-10-2010 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I forgotten which one it was, but the one that mentions that the red dragon will awake from its slumber and sweep throughout the world. Pretty sure it was from Nostradamus... i know some of his work, been wrong and right..but still give credit were its due.

I thought it was from revelations. A 200 million man army will rise in the east and move west under the dragon. It has references to the Bear (Russia) and the Eagle (United States).

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Wow great job on the information and insight man. But, I doubt U.S. planned that this was gonna happen so they run off to Afghanistan and tap into the rare earths. But very ironic at the same time indeed.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

I forgotten which one it was, but the one that mentions that the red dragon will awake from its slumber and sweep throughout the world. Pretty sure it was from Nostradamus... i know some of his work, been wrong and right..but still give credit were its due.

I thought it was from revelations. A 200 million man army will rise in the east and move west under the dragon. It has references to the Bear (Russia) and the Eagle (United States).

[/quote

Yeah it was from revelations...but I easily get mixed up between the two prophesy(embarrassed) shows how much I know about religion

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Rentor

Lol its all good. Better to just put the info out as you remember it with the disclaimer you forget where you saw it. Someone will eventually remember it and post it.

As far as it being planned out... I don't know to be honest. If you by up almost a trillion dollars in a countries debt, why would you then take actions to destabilize the countries economy even more? Granted they have enough cash reserves to offset the wipe out of American debt.

My personal opinion and feeling is there is something else going on behind the scenes. I just can't put my finer on it yet. The action of several countries run contrary to their perceived intentions.

There was also a "prophecy" that sometime in 2010 there will be mass economic upheavals. Part of it talks about the price of gold, and the United States trying to sell of all of our gold reserves to pay off / down the debt, removing Chinese influence on our economy because of the amount of US debt they control.

China reads this move, and dumps theirs gold before we can, plunging the price of gold, thwarting our plans, causing a complete collapse of the American economy, along with several other western countries.

This leads into the prophecies of the one world government - Whereby things get so bad, government and economies collapse, and the people will be open to one controlling force to come in and make them feel better.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rentor

The Free Market will fix this.

The ChiComs were keeping the prices of those minerals at artificially low prices resulting in artificially high and unsustainable demand.

Soon Western entrepreneurs will have good reason to start opening their own rare earth mines.

You do know china owns like 98% of the earth's rare minerals and ores right? They own a monopoly on the rare earths. Which is needed to make high-tech equipment and much much more.

no.. they account for 95% of the rare earth metal MARKET, we actually have a lot of it in our backyard but, they are all locked up in wilderness reserves, refugees,parks etc.

Funny how the same people who want us to go green, lock up our own reserves containing the necessary materials for energy efficient products

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tempesillest

The US has a massive amount of Oil in the Northern Plain States that has been recently discovered. As far as coal goes, we are the Saudi Arabia of coal.

We are having issues with Uranium, and unless we find some new sources will be forced to import at some point. If we have hidden technology for free energy, desalinization etc, I think we should just close up the borders, set pahsers on stun, and enjoy some jack and coke.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tempesillest

Thats what I meant when i said "they own like 98% of all the ore" of course the deposits else where and hard to get to. but right now china has the equipment in place and mining already well in placed(It takes some time to set up mining operations).Also, ya your correct they only make up the market of the rare earths.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Plans to re explore mines and open new ones had been in the works, I've spoken to some people in rural communities in Mexico, and right now at least in 4 places exploration digging had begun, I can only say I have seen one trench in a "sacred" mountain be dug while the locals could just simply watch.

This connects the dots, thanks for the info OP!

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneEyedProphet
Plans to re explore mines and open new ones had been in the works, I've spoken to some people in rural communities in Mexico, and right now at least in 4 places exploration digging had begun, I can only say I have seen one trench in a "sacred" mountain be dug while the locals could just simply watch.

This connects the dots, thanks for the info OP!

Is that what was happening down there?

Well not straying off topic for too long...what do you think the U.S. response will be towards this?
edit on 19-10-2010 by Rentor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Found the article - Its from April 2008:

Billions of barrels of Oil lie under Northern Plain States

An area of shale and other rock in North Dakota and Montana is estimated to hold the largest potential oil resources in the 48 contiguous states, according to an assessment released Thursday by the United States Geological Survey. The area, known as the Bakken Formation, might contain 3 billion to 4.3 billion barrels of oil that could be extracted using current technology, the survey said.

American Indian reservation reaping benefits of oil find

NEW TOWN, N.D. (AP) — An oil boom on American Indian land has brought jobs, millions of dollars and hope to long-impoverished tribal members who have struggled for more than a century on the million-acre Fort Berthold Indian Reservation.

In little more than a year, oil companies have put dozens of money-producing rigs on remote rolling prairie and sprawling badlands that are home to small cattle ranches and scattered settlements of modular housing. Although other tribes around the nation have oil interests, industry officials said none has likely experienced a recent windfall of this scale.

The reservation is occupied by the Mandan, Hidatsa and Arikara tribes, known as the Three Affiliated Tribes, who were placed in west-central North Dakota by the federal government in the 1800s — long before anyone knew of the oil.

Here is a 2005 Report on Elements used by the US -

Rare Earth Elements—Critical Resources for High Technology

“Rare” earth elements is a historical misnomer; persistence of the term reflects unfamiliarity rather than true rarity. The more abundant REE are each similar in crustal concentration to commonplace industrial metals such as chromium, nickel, copper, zinc, molybdenum, tin, tungsten, or lead (fig. 4). Even the two least abundant REE (Tm, Lu) are nearly 200 times more common than gold. However, in contrast to ordinary base and precious metals, REE have very little tendency to become concentrated in exploitable ore deposits. Consequently, most of the world’s supply of REE comes from only a handful of sources.

My personal opinion, again, is the US or Europe will have a breakthrough with regards to artificially creating a substance to begin to replace the Rare Earth Elements. Science has already shown they can build diamonds from the atom up.

Just a matter of time.

Edit to add: This might actually be one of the best things that could happen to the United States and the World. With developing nations catching up to Industrialized / High tech nations, resources are going to continue to become more scarce.

China restricting the trade allows China to have access to these items for their own industry (as well as being able to drive the price through the roof what they do export). This will force change in the market from those countries who rely on these materials for infrastructure, defense, science etc.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
"rare earth minerals are too precious to cheaply sell them any more",we only wanna protect our limited minerals.we needn't a war,we love the peace.
edit on 19-10-2010 by ufoxh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoxh
"rare earth minerals are too precious to cheaply sell them any more",we only wanna protect our limited minerals.we needn't a war,we love the peace.
edit on 19-10-2010 by ufoxh because: (no reason given)

Well its a economic one like in the cold war.Doesn't mean it will go hot, but whoever knows. Its the new cold war...one corner china and the other the good old uncle Sam.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Rentor

About two years ago in the up to the minute market data thread, I put forward my theory of an economic war with China.

Make no mistake folks, this is really about bonds. China knows the bill is coming due, a lot of bills are coming due in 2011-19. Buying and hoarding rare earth commodities is only a symptom of a much bigger problems, culminating in a very uncomfortable truth. We are going to default, we know it, and so do they.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Which makes me wonder why China seems to be doing all it can to undermine the Dollar bill and force an economic collapse in the process. I am curious what their angle is on this? Eventual takeover of the US by China?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

China is trying to fill the gap the US left wide open 40 years ago. The only way to do that is to knock the US down a notch. China is not doing anything to depreciate the dollar, we are, and have been for some time. We have Benny boy at the Fed talking about more QE a fancy term for fresh prints, because the first round didn't ease the credit destruction wave we will all have to realize eventually.

China could let their currency float and Americans would immediately feel the effects in huge price increases on the shelves of Wal-Mart. China would experience a bump in their economy when our buying power takes a huge hit, and then they'd be back on the road to production in markets they are entering and creating today.

The US is in the way of China's Great Expansion, and they will move us out of the way.
edit on 19-10-2010 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-10-2010 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Lets get ready to rumble.

WW3 anyone?

Soon, we will pay for our foolishness.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

More power to them if they think they can pull it off (moving us out of the way). The US is not solely responsible for our currency and its value, since its used on the world market.

If China free floated their currency, our trade imbalance would lesson, and we might actually be able to get deficits under control (balance in trade, forcing Chinese goods higher in price, slowly the loss of the US economy in terms of bleeding jobs, shifting some international investment back to this country, generating revenue and GDP growth.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join