It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Economoic Warfare begun] China stopping key exports and raises interest rates.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

[Economoic Warfare begun] China stopping some key mineral exports

edition.cnn.com

Tuesday officials are looking into a recent New York Times report that said China has halted shipments of rare earth minerals bound for the United States and Europe.
China is the world's largest producer of rare earth minerals, which are crucial to making certain automotive and electronic products.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 19-10-2010 by Rentor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Economic war finally erupted.Theres been talk of the Econ war, but now the shots been fired.Wonder what U.S. response back to China upon this clearly economic warfare. Interesting times we live in. Doesn't this all sound familiar that happen in the pacific long ago?

What are your guys review or thoughts on whats going on right now?

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rentor
Economic war finally erupted.There's been talk of the Econ war, but now the shots been fired.

Not just one, but at least 2 so far in a week.
Let's not forget China raising the interest rate
to Wall Street also. Something is in the works
my friend, stay tuned, the fireworks should
start shortly ......

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

O I forgotten to mention that as well. Looks like the rams are done eying each other and starting to ram the heads.Hope it doesn't get bloody though or 2012 well certainly will become a true prophesy.

I also edited the title to mention what you said, like you said..not just one bullet. but more then several bullets...
edit on 19-10-2010 by Rentor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Can you prove it? Any links or factually based evidence?

Just kidding, but i would like to hear more of your thoughts on this issue and why you think fireworks are in the works. If you would please indulge me?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
wow, some pretty harsh words their Mr. Sander Levin.... Hey China, if you dont knock the crap off, were gunna come over their and "immediately challenge these actions as WTO inconsistent"... geez what a maroon..

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Because china raising their interest rates...sends a bullet to other economies as well... specifically U.S. economy.
China raises interest rates,causes turmoil else where

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I knew I should have bought more ammo.
In all seriousness though when will we see the widespread affects of this?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by America?

I say give it a months time can be even sooner for the affects to hit...as stockers panic and go mad like hornets.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Rentor

History tells us how that ends eh.
2nd

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by America?

you could see it as quickly as tomorrow
if wall street starts selling due to Blackrock
report and China starts a buying spree.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by America?

I been reading a lot of prophesy lately and its amazing how people so long ago could had predicted something so far ahead. The last couple years been getting scarier, specially this year and upcoming year.Looks like some predictions do come true after all.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
but i would like to hear more of your thoughts on this issue and why you think fireworks are in the works. If you would please indulge me?

I am not speaking literally,
u can still eat ur cornflakes
in the morning

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Ahhh crap this better not mean October 20th has some significance because that gives that crazy guy making those predictions some validity.

We will see effects of this soon though, especially if this trend continues.

A little scary to think of the ramifications.

Pred...

edit on 19-10-2010 by predator0187 because: Speeling

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The Free Market will fix this.

The ChiComs were keeping the prices of those minerals at artificially low prices resulting in artificially high and unsustainable demand.

Soon Western entrepreneurs will have good reason to start opening their own rare earth mines.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I been reading a lot of prophesy lately and its amazing how people so long ago could had predicted something so far ahead. The last couple years been getting scarier, specially this year and upcoming year.Looks like some predictions do come true after all.

Care to elaborate on these predections?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
The Free Market will fix this.

The ChiComs were keeping the prices of those minerals at artificially low prices resulting in artificially high and unsustainable demand.

Soon Western entrepreneurs will have good reason to start opening their own rare earth mines.

You do know china owns like 98% of the earth's rare minerals and ores right? They own a monopoly on the rare earths. Which is needed to make high-tech equipment and much much more.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Rentor

Yes. I know that.

Didn't you read my post?

They wouldn't be able to keep the prices so low if they did not control that market. Bro.
edit on 19-10-2010 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jganer

Care to elaborate on these predections?

I forgotten which one it was, but the one that mentions that the red dragon will awake from its slumber and sweep throughout the world. Pretty sure it was from Nostradamus... i know some of his work, been wrong and right..but still give credit were its due.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The trade imbalance between the US and China has been a thorn in side of our relations with them. They have pegged the Yuan to the US Dollar (1 to 1), and are accused of manipulating their currency in order to create a trade imbalance in there favor, which makes their items cheaper, and ours more expensive.

They also refuse to allow the Yuan to free float on the market like other currencies, again being able to manipulate value, control inflation, and drive economic creation in their own country. It forces business to relocate business to China because of the more favorable economic situation, cheaper labor, lax oversight from the Government, costs, etc.

China also refuses to completely open their markets to foreign competition (US and Europe) while at the same time ignoring international copyright / patents on key items (Computers, Electronics, etc). By ripping of the patents / copyright, they then turn around and create the items and sell them locally, instead of allowing competition.

When China joined the WTO they agreed to several key points about their currency, copyright / patent infringement, open markets etc. They have slowly complied partially on some, and have ignored others, claiming if they completely free float the Yuan it would cause economic issues within their country. The US has recently, along with some European countries, filed complaints with the WTO regarding several issues with China.

China got upset over this, claiming its a violation of their national sovereignty to have their internal issues dictated to them (I am paraphrasing here, but this is the bare bones of Chinese arguments).

Congress along with President Obama finally had enough, and started drating legislation that would slap tariffs onto Chinese items, and if I remember right (I could be wrong, I need to go back and ind the article) restrict certain items from US markets.

When we put China on notice, they were upset, and essentially told us to quit blaming China for our economic problems.

Sooooo.. here we are now.

Its becoming more and more problematic dealing with them in light of their recent military upgrades, and there continuing insistence on Taiwan belonging to them, as well as claiming pretty much the entire South China Sea as theirs, and now challenging Vietnam Philippines, Russia, Japan and a few other countries over Islands in the area.

They have challenged vessels (US Military vessels as well) operating in the South China Sea in international waters. They are trying to exert control over several of these Islands because of the Economic Exclusion Zone the UN sets, which is 200 miles from your coast, including Islands.

China is positioning itself as the next Super Power, both militarily and economically. 1 of 3 things will happen:

1 - Status quo - They continue modernizing their military and economy, things settle down, business as normal.

2 - They become the next world power in military and economic areas, and after some tense years of squabbling over land, compromises are found, and we all move on.

3 - China moves to far into the capitalist market system, allowing to many citizens that taste of freedom, buying power etc, which causes the government to fall in a coup.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join