It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter ablaze with UFO sighting reports in NYC. Anyone confirm?

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by obzerv

I'm loving this!!!

The Channel 7 news anchor took the topic seriously and admitted he thought it was a joke at first.

I believe we may have been visited today....just as one witness from the crowd stated when asked if thought it was a balloon, 'Balloons don't stand still."

I admit that I thought it was gonna be a fluke but how coincidental this is to the NORAD officer's statement.

Now we see why the Chilean miners' rescue was on MSM 24/7........

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I'm filing this one under "Some people believe everything they read on the internets".

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Would really appreciate if New Yorkers would give their opinions. I swear the one I am watching is changing colors...

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tykonos

Originally posted by sam_inc
CAN TELL WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON...

We are watching planes taking off

And the moon has slowly moved into shot going left and then moved out of shot to the right. That was strange Maybe the camera moved.

Epic. Maybe the moon moved? Or the Earth?

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Ideally for gif it should be downloaded from an attached link I suppose.
I am not sure whether images for GIF are supported in this forum.
Thanks for the effort!

link   

link   
Just to keep people up on whats going on

edit:

Sorry, just type UFO IN here
edit on 13-10-2010 by seanizle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

No this site should be about considering some new idea, after you've articulated more than a one line thread, giving evidence and always being skeptical and open to consideration.

Yes, indeed it should, but I know how it often develops into these long threads -

Someone post a "Whats going on?" thread, and the very FEW fervent diehard believers come into it claiming "I knew it, finally there can be no doubt!"

But sadly that sets the tone for everyone who actually is sceptical and open to consideration... you see, that is when the -

"You guys are silly, get a life." people come in and bash everyone who has any opinion other than a mundane one, either individually or globally. It's those sort of people that make news casters but play x-files music on anything paranormal. They can't help but have a dig at anyone who even contemplates there just might be something.

Sceptical and open to consideration, they are not. Purely sceptical and rude, most of the time. And they hang around because they aren't interested in the actual facts, only enforcing 'their' facts.

Me - I sit on the fence entirely. I always hope for the day when something will occur that will make everyone wide eyed and gaping of jaw, but I've, over the years, grown to accept that human nature is to hoax.

To a degree I agree with Rich - I believe that this was an intentional hoax and spread via twitter.

Just imagine if you walked down the road and saw dozens upon dozens of people all dancing in unison for no apparent reason.... someone involved spruiked it as "PROOF OF DEMONIC POSSESSION!" when in fact it was just a youtube guy going out and being spontaneous with the public - as we've seen many times.

Same thing really, humans are reactionary and spontaneous. Get 10 people to stop and stare up at balloons, soon you'll have 100. Then tweet it as a UFO over NY.

Why do it? To poke fun at the UFO crowd? To help NATO guy sell books? For Giggles?

WE DON'T KNOW. For all we know, it could have been a school excursion to release 100 balloons in honor of someone - despite it being entirely bad for the environment.

Or it may have been some unexplainable object. Unidentifiable even. Up Up in the sky...

Sceptical and open to consideration, is not a single lane road either. The people on the side of "Just Balloons, get a life.." should also follow this ethic, because when they don't, they sure create a lot of hullabaloo for everyone, and not just the die hard believers who see apes on mars.

link   
Hey guys I have been recording the live feed for a little while.. I will post some vids... Just give me a few

link   
Took a screenshot of two lights. I zoomed in as you can see.

edit on 13-10-2010 by iSeeKEnlightenment8o5 because: Because the picture came out. lol

link   
I'm looking at the moon through my window and it hasn't moved in 15 min. What does that mean?

link   
been getting some screencaps myself. So they have remotely controllable, dimmable light RC helos now too, huh...?

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
here we go people this is not planes

xploder
hope it works

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

Yeah I seen it, and it didn't strike out at me as anything too peculiar. It's night time, its a crappy resolution image, and its laggy as hell.

I'm sure a helicopter hovering wouldn't look exactly clear. So far I am seeing lights on the earthcam that give me no suspicion as being anything other than ordinary air traffic.

Until one of the lights puts on some extravagant otherworldly display I'm just going to keep an open but skeptical mind. My own personal opinion is that the UFO hype of ealier that day is getting to people, and these lights tonight are aircraft from the airports

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Cool, it does work. And not to mention, that's highly unlikely for the "moon" to be a moon literally.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Alright that was just awsome thanks for sharing that!!

link   
Enlarge it and watch the movements that's the way the ships move
edit on 13-10-2010 by observe50 because: (no reason given)

link   
Holy hell you guys need to check out the first earthcam of the city. I've watched three UFOs hovering over the city for the past 15 minutes. lucky bastards

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

To be completely honest, it kind of does look like planes. I did see a few though that didn't, not in your gif though

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join